Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

How To Become An Effective Trainer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become An Effective Trainer (480 Views)

How To Become An Effective Public Speaker - The Untold Guide / Tips On How To Turn Your Home Into An Effective Office Space!!! By Aiskworld Ltd / 8 Tips For An Effective Translation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Become An Effective Trainer by careercrew1: 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
If you want a career as a Trainer in the Human Resource Department, then please read this piece i wrote.

One thing that am so grateful about is that I have a vast knowledge and experience in numerous fields like Training, Marketing and administration, blogging even teaching which were acquired from various companies that I have worked for and from personal arrangements.

I was privilege to get basic knowledge and skills required to be a Trainer when I was sent on Job rotation to work with the human resource department Learning and delivery division where I learned that training involves effective communication between the trainer and the trainee, having a proper training design/ pattern and having the right habit.

So, what is the real secret in becoming an effective trainer and what can you do to make yourself a top rated trainer? This article will explain more as you read further.

1. You have to know how to engage your target audience and make your training exciting:

To be an effective trainer you have to develop a good relationship with your target audience. Start by introducing yourself, the topic and what you aim to achieve at the end of the training. Once you do that, allow each trainee to introduce themselves and what department or organization they represent (if the training is an external one). You can also add some humor to the training to make it exciting and offer little quiz gift (e.g. Ball pen, face cap) or games to keep them engaged and focused on the training as well.

2. Ensure that you plan properly for the training:

For one to be an effective trainer, one has to gain more knowledge about the subject to be presented. Make sure that you research and understand the subject to be discussed properly, draft a proper training schedule module and ensure that your evaluation form is clearly printed out as this will be required at the end of the training.

3. Ensure that your training materials and equipment are functioning:

Ensure that all your training materials are available and functioning. For example, if your presentation is on a visual slide or via the web, you have to ensure that the equipment needed like laptop, visual slide etc. are well connected and functioning properly. It won’t be good when your target audience is seated only to find out that the laptop is not connected properly or the screen slide is not visible.

4. Keep to time:

It is highly important that to be an effective trainer you have to keep to the scheduled time. If a particular training is scheduled for 2-3Hours, it is appropriate that the trainer sticks to the time so that the training will not be boring or out live its purpose. So make sure that your properly plan your training pattern and topics to align with the time given.

5. Ensure that you summarize:

Once you are done discussing your topics it is always useful to summarize and make a brief recap on what you talked about.

6. Evaluate your performance at the end of the training:

Ensure that you distribute evaluation forms that the trainees will fill to evaluate your performance. This will help you to know your overall performance and how to develop on areas that needs to be worked.

With this piece of information, you are on the right path in becoming an effective trainer.

http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-become-effective-trainer.html

(1) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before You Quit Your Job / Picture Of The Day / The Best Way To Become What You Wish To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.