₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,880,833 members, 3,800,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 September 2017 at 02:22 PM

Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. (50972 Views)

Genuie Info About Canada. I Want To Travel There. / Nigerians Living In Turkey I Need Your Help Pls Comment... / Please Nigerians Living In Turkey I Need Your Help (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Adebisi756: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Have been fllw dis thread and i hav some ques to ask.
How much is d total estimation that it can cost me to get a visit visa?and also within two week of arrival can i get PR been issue and at d cost of how much?
Can i also easily get good job with bsc in geology?
Do i need an agent or i can apply myself,if yes wat r d document require for me to gt?
Ur response are highly appreciative
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by sloye5(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
Adebisi756:
How much is d total estimation that it can cost me to get a visit visa?and also within two week of arrival can i get PR been issue and at d cost of how much?
Do i need an agent or i can apply myself,if yes wat r d document require for me to gt?

price of getting a tourist visa depends on the agent and thats why i would advise u apply ur self and yes u can start ur resident permit application within 2weeks but it wont be out in 2weeks,the only job here that I know of is a teaching job and thats teaching english and its very very hard to find one so people just stick to working in factories here and as i said turkish guys dont care about ur certificate they just need a hardworking guy that can work because turkish people in general are hustlers and turkey is a hustling ground,my housemate is a diploma and bsc holder but he works in a factory here and i posted the documents u need to apply urself so kindly go thru it again so u can understand better..ask any more questions if u want

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Adebisi756:

Well, If you'd like to find a job with your diploma it is not important where you look for. Recruitment conditions are same everywhere. In Nigeria, in Turkey or in Sweden, it doesn't change. It depends on your qualifications. Petroleum and Oil companies exist in Turkey and they work both inside the country and out of the country. You can try your chance with your Geology diploma but I don't think just a diploma will help you. Also there are laws which limit companies to hire foreigners instead of Turkish citizens if company can find a Turkish citizen to hire in the field they look for in Turkey. So, I don't think you can easily get a good job in the field of geology.

Visa fees are: (According to website of Turkish Embassy in Abuja)
Application fee (Non Refundable)
*11.500 Naira (Single Entry)
*38.000 Naira (Multiple Entry)
*11.500 Naira (Single Transit)
*23.000 Naira (Double Transit)
Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs always recommends its citizens to apply any touristic visas by themselves unless foreign consulate or embassy ask people to apply via licensed company. So, I'll also recommend you to do it. It also will be cheaper If you compare how much you're going to pay for any visa company.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
sloye5:

price of getting a tourist visa depends on the agent and thats why i would advise u apply ur self and yes u can start ur resident permit application within 2weeks but it wont be out in 2weeks,the only job here that I know of is a teaching job and thats teaching english and its very very hard to find one so people just stick to working in factories here and as i said turkish guys dont care about ur certificate they just need a hardworking guy that can work because turkish people in general are hustlers and turkey is a hustling ground,my housemate is a diploma and bsc holder but he works in a factory here and i posted the documents u need to apply urself so kindly go thru it again so u can understand better..ask any more questions if u want

You have a point. In Turkey, there are 193 universities which are accredited to European Union's Bologna Process. Some of them are very old some of them are very good in specific fields. Hacettepe University in Ankara in Medicine, METU in Ankara in Engineering, Boğaziçi University(founded in 1863) in Istanbul in Social Sciences-Arts, Istanbul Technical University(founded in 1773) in Istanbul in Engineering e.g. Istanbul University which was founded in 1453 is the oldest one. Every single year thousands of students graduate from these universities and there aren't enough jobs for all of these students in Turkey. Most of them are looking for job for months, maybe a year. Their starting salary(except Medical graduates) is not more than 2000 Turkish Lira(TRY) which is equal to 700 US Dollars in July, 2016. So, most of them just stay with their parents or friends until they get the real chance. For a foreigner this process is harder. There are a lot of issues to handle such as residence permit, work permit, immigration interviews, cost of living in a foreign country.

Apart from this, there are numberless of factories in Turkey. Country is very developed in manufacture(home appliances, automotive, electronics etc). You don't need any diploma for these jobs but you'll earn the minimum salary, maybe little bit more. None of the university graduates want to do this kind of job because they have 'stay with family option. So, factories need workers and people from rural areas who immigrated to metropolitan industrial cities meet this demand. But since they are citizen it is not very easy to handle these people. Social security costs, union rights, right to strike may cause problem for managements. That's why they choose foreigners. They don't care their diploma, foreigner who work there also does not care his/her diploma because it might be the only job found. So, they work in bad conditions with minimum salaries. You should be a daydreamer to dream to grant a high-paying academical job in Turkey if you're a foreigner(if you don't have a medical degree or very qualified in the field of engineering). Sad but true. It is the reality. So, I always recommend foreigners to evaluate their local business opportunities before immigrate to any other country.

3 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by sloye5(m): 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Turco:

You have a point. In Turkey, there are 193 universities which are accredited to European Union's Bologna Process. Some of them are very old some of them are very good in specific fields. Hacettepe University in Ankara in Medicine, METU in Ankara in Engineering, Boğaziçi University(founded in 1863) in Istanbul in Social Sciences-Arts, Istanbul Technical University(founded in 1773) in Istanbul in Engineering e.g. Istanbul University which was founded in 1453 is the oldest one. Every single year thousands of students graduate from these universities and there aren't enough jobs for all of these students in Turkey. Most of them are looking for job for months, maybe a year. Their starting salary(except Medical graduates) is not more than 2000 Turkish Lira(TRY) which is equal to 700 US Dollars in July, 2016. So, most of them just stay with their parents or friends until they get the real chance. For a foreigner this process is harder. There are a lot of issues to handle such as residence permit, work permit, immigration interviews, cost of living in a foreign country.

Apart from this, there are numberless of factories in Turkey. Country is very developed in manufacture(home appliances, automotive, electronics etc). You don't need any diploma for these jobs but you'll earn the minimum salary, maybe little bit more. None of the university graduates want to do this kind of job because they have 'stay with family option. So, factories need workers and people from rural areas who immigrated to metropolitan industrial cities meet this demand. But since they are citizen it is not very easy to handle these people. Social security costs, union rights, right to strike may cause problem for managements. That's why they choose foreigners. They don't care their diploma, foreigner who work there also does not care his/her diploma because it might be the only job found. So, they work in bad conditions with minimum salaries. You should be a daydreamer to dream to grant a high-paying academical job in Turkey if you're a foreigner(if you don't have a medical degree or very qualified in the field of engineering). Sad but true. It is the reality. So, I always recommend foreigners to evaluate their local business opportunities before immigrate to any other country.

right on point and very true and one thing i love about turkey is the freedom if u have lived in asia b4 u would understand what i mean because i got my diploma in asia and can u tell me how to know whos a kurdish guy and a turkish guy?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by CHRISTIANO7779: 7:31am On Jul 13, 2016
Pls what business can someone b doing in turkey like buying nd selling in Nigeria or any used item like electronics or computers that can fetch gud profits.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by sloye5(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2016
CHRISTIANO7779:
Pls what business can someone b doing in turkey like buying nd selling in Nigeria or any used item like electronics or computers that can fetch gud profits.

only business i know of and do is clothes business..they are of better quality and better than what u find in china and dubai and theres profits too
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Adebisi756: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
sloye5:

Thanks for ur reply.
The visitat visa wil allow me to stay in turkey for how many month and within dat period cn PR be ready?
Minimum of how muc did d factory paid dere worker?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Adebisi756:

Thanks for ur reply.
The visitat visa wil allow me to stay in turkey for how many month and within dat period cn PR be ready?

Official minimum salary in Turkey is 1300 Turkish Lira(TRY) which equals to 450 US Dollars in July, 2016. Apart from salary Employer also pays social security and insurance, so you don't have to pay for them by yourself. It doesn't mean worker always will earn the minimum salary. It depends on what you do and what are your qualifications. But what I wrote is the payment scheme for a Turkish National. I don't have the best knowledge about foreigner with papers and how employers pay for foreigner with papers. Working without papers is illegal and Social Security and Police are very strict about that as I know.

About residence permit, It is not allowed any foreigner to work with resident permit. Residence permit only grants you to stay in country and it can be cancelled by the Police authorities if you work illegally. You should apply for work permit if you'd like to work in country. For residence permit for tourists one should fit following requirements;

– apply for an interview at the police office before visa expired date or before 90 days term finished (for no-visa countries)
– passport should be real and valid min. 60 days more than obtain-to-be Residence permit expire date
– person should: not cause any danger for social safety and order, not have any restriction for entering to Turkey, not have any sickness dangerous for society, not be involved in any crime in Turkey
– fit the standards about health and secure, and be covered by general health insurance for all Residence permit term to be
– have enough financial source for living
– provide Police record paper from the country of foreigner’s citizenship or residence (by request)
– have real address in Turkey to stay for all term of Residence permit.

Required documents should be following;
– Application form for Residence Permit (can be downloaded during the online application directly from official website),
– 4 passport size photo,
– Passport (original),
– Passport’s photocopy (pages with photo, last entrance date to Turkey and page which shows passport’s expire date),
– Bank statement about your financial self support (500$ per month= 6000$ per year for Istanbul, 1000$ per month or 12000$ per year for Antalya area)

These informations are not from official website, I've collected from some blog sites, especially from stayturkish.com. If you'd like to collect official information you can check Republic of Turkey Ministry of Interior, Directorate General of Migration Management's official website which is http://www.goc.gov.tr/Main/
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
Adebisi756:

Thanks for ur reply.

Talking about salary but so what about living costs? It is 10pm here and I've just arrived from work and stop by at the market. Most of the market chains close at 10pm. I bought 1 bottle of water, 2 packs of ham(each contains 8 slides), 3 bottles of beer, 1 pack of cheddar cheese(contains 10 slides), 1 pack of sandwich bread and a pack of cigarettes. That costs me 53,90 Turkish Lira(TRY) which equals to 18,5 US Dollars or 5230 Nigerian Naira on 13th of July 2016. This bill can be cheap for most of the rich people here but it is quite expensive for me. When I get into my apartment I found my monthly electricity bill in my mail box. It was 32,40 Turkish Lira(TRY) which equals to 11,1 US Dollars or 3138 Nigerian Naira on 13th of July 2016. It is not that expensive I think, If we consider one month electricity. These are some examples which just came to my mind. You can ask more If you want.

3 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Adebisi756:

Thanks for ur reply.

Talking about salary but so what about living costs? It is 10pm here and I've just arrived from work and stop by at the market. Most of the market chains close at 10pm. I bought 1 bottle of water, 2 packs of ham(each contains 8 slides), 3 bottles of beer, 1 pack of cheddar cheese(contains 10 slides), 1 pack of sandwich bread and a pack of cigarettes. That costs me 53,90 Turkish Lira(TRY) which equals to 18,5 US Dollars or 5230 Nigerian Naira on 13th of July 2016. This bill can be cheap for most of the rich people here but it is quite expensive for me. I pay like a European Union market but I don't earn European Union salary. When I get into my apartment I found my monthly electricity bill in my mail box. It was 32,40 Turkish Lira(TRY) which equals to 11,1 US Dollars or 3138 Nigerian Naira on 13th of July 2016. It is not that expensive I think, If we consider one month electricity. These are some examples which just came to my mind. You can ask more If you want.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by papaput2(m): 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just want to know if theTurkish embassy in abuja required yellow card for tourist visa application.any one been there lately? And again if going along with photocopy of national id card n tax clearance is all good urgent answer needed for those that has been there done that cheers
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
papaput2:
Just want to know if theTurkish embassy in abuja required yellow card for tourist visa application.any one been there lately? And again if going along with photocopy of national id card n tax clearance is all good urgent answer needed for those that has been there done that cheers

Dear papaput2,

According to Turkish Embassy in Abuja's website there is nothing written about Yellow Card. I think you're talking about Carte Jaune, International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis. There is nothing better than the calling the Turkish Embassy in Abuja and asking them about the card. But when you arrive in Turkey and pass safely Immigration officials and Police at the port of arrival, If you'd like to apply for residence permit you must prove you have no disease which can be threat to society. Maybe it is better for you to have your vaccination card before you leave your own country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
CHRISTIANO7779:

It definitely depends on the capacity of your company. If you have enough capital to import Turkish goods with papers there are lots of things to buy. It is a bit comprehensive question to answer.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2016
fullz:

could you refer me to your agent?

Dear fullz,

First of all if you have any valid US, UK or Schengen Visa on your passport, you can apply Turkish e-visa as a Nigerian citizen. You can pay for your e-visa, print it and travel to Turkey. If you don't have any of US, UK or Schengen visas you should apply Turkish tourist visa but I don't think you need an agent. None of the agents(whether they're licensed or unlicensed) on the world can guarantee you any visas. Agents can help you about collecting the right documents but preferring agents for their services shall absolutely not effect the decision of the consulate and the period of procedure. Embassy or consulate is the only authorized institution to grant visa. If any of the agent tells you they can secure you a visa, that can't be true. So If you'd like to travel Turkey, only thing you should do is visiting website of Turkish Embassy in Abuja.

There is also a warning note on the page of Turkish Embassy in Abuja about people who may approach visa applicants for visa facilitation. Embassy says they have NO relationship with the embassy;
http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr/ShowInfoNotes.aspx?ID=242925

According to Turkish Embassy in Abuja's website you need to collect following documents;
http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr/images/localCache/1/2973985d-585d-4ee3-ac7e-4f88d0bdb0f1.pdf

You should collect the documents, make your appointment. You can contact embassy by phone or email.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2016
parksland:
Good people of nairaland please i want to get fully informed about TURKEY because am about to relocate to dat part of the world. anyone with genuie info about visa/agents,minimum pta to travel with?wat to expect from immigration at the port of arrival? hotel reservation? please help me
yea
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
parksland:
Good people of nairaland please i want to get fully informed about TURKEY because am about to relocate to dat part of the world. anyone with genuie info about visa/agents,minimum pta to travel with?wat to expect from immigration at the port of arrival? hotel reservation? please help me

Dear parksland,

I've answered your questions so far on this topic. You can check, page number 3. Only thing I forgot is your question about Immigration authorities and Police at the port of arrival. If you have genuine visa, hotel reservations and If you can prove your purpose is touristic, I don't think you'll have any problem. They will ask you typical questions like your purpose of visit, how many days are you planning to stay, your hotel reservations, your return tickets(maybe) etc. If they get suspicious about you, you may be directed to a supervisor. It is very typical on all over the world I guess.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask. I am Turkish National, living in Turkey.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Turco:

Dear parksland,

I've answered your questions so far on this topic. You can check, page number 3. Only thing I forgot is your question about Immigration authorities and Police at the port of arrival. If you have genuine visa, hotel reservations and If you can prove your purpose is touristic, I don't think you'll have any problem. They will ask you typical questions like your purpose of visit, how many days are you planning to stay, your hotel reservations, your return tickets(maybe) etc. If they get suspicious about you, you may be directed to a supervisor. It is very typical on all over the world I guess.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask. I am Turkish National, living in Turkey.
thanks alot turc.

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by 9ijaprince(m): 9:01am On Jul 16, 2016
Feeling so sad about what's happening in ur country now.hope you are safe?
Turco:

Dear parksland,

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
9ijaprince:
Feeling so sad about what's happening in ur country now.hope you are safe?

Dear 9ijaprince,

Thank you for your concern. I am safe and was at my home and watching news on TV during the last night. It is safe here in thanks to Police and people who were against what was happening.

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Dear 9ijaprince,

Thank you for your concern. I am safe and was at my home and watching news on TV during the last night. It is safe here in thanks to Police and people who were against what was happening.
bros are u a turkish for real? how did u manage to locate dis site naira land?and u kn much about abuja
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
parksland:
bros are u a turkish for real? how did u manage to locate dis site naira land?and u kn much about abuja

Yes, I am a natural born Turkish National from a Turkish mother and a Turkish father, living in Turkey. I found Nairaland, when I was looking for other nations opinions towards Turks. I've never been out of Europe in my life and I don't have much information about Abuja or Nigeria, just some encyclopedic information. That's one of the reasons I am here. You can also ask questions about Turkey or Turkish people.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Teaser4(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

Yes, I am a natural born Turkish National from a Turkish mother and a Turkish father, living in Turkey. I found Nairaland, when I was looking for other nations opinions towards Turks. I've never been out of Europe in my life and I don't have much information about Abuja or Nigeria, just some encyclopedic information. That's one of the reasons I am here. You can also ask questions about Turkey or Turkish people.
Hows life in ankara, am coming to metu for my masters next year.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
Teaser4:
Hows life in ankara, am coming to metu for my masters next year.

First of all congratulations for your acceptance to METU. It is one of the best technical universities in Turkey and in Europe. Ankara is landlocked and it is the second biggest city of the country with more than 4million residents and it is the Capital city. City considered as gray and gloomy because it is the centre of bureaucracy. But there is nothing to worry about it. City is full of students and great place for a student. It is cheaper than Istanbul or some touristic places. People in Ankara are used to foreigners. Embassies are in Ankara so, in case of any problem you can easily contact your embassy but I don't think you'll have any problem. City has 4 metro lines and 1 is under construction. You can either use this rapid transit line or bus lines which covers all city and working with planned timetables. Ankara's main International Airport is Esenboğa International Airport. Airport shuttles connect city to airport. Ankara is also hub for Turkey's railway network. Premier high-speed rail service, Yüksek Hızlı Tren connects city to Istanbul, Eskişehir and Konya. Izmir line is under construction. Or you can take normal lines to go anywhere you want. City is also hub for Turkey's intercity bus companies. There are numberless of company which connects city to all over the country. They are cheap and efficient.

METU has a great campus next to Ankara-Eskişehir motorway. It is a green campus and huge. It is like a small city. You can live in it without going to city center. You can also rent a flat but quality of the flat depends on your budget. You can find very cheap food spots in city. City is quite safe and I don't think you'll have any problem if you keep your residence permit card with you all the time.

You can ask me more If you'd like. These are the only ones came my mind. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Teaser4(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
@Turco wow thanks for that.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Teaser4:
@Turco wow thanks for that.

You're welcome. Do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Eldeethedon: 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
parksland:
FYI. Nairaland has gathered momentum around the world standing as fast track ground to post your queries and get it answered. An American friend told me that she had contributed momently on USA on the travel section and she hasn't been to Africa. So!
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Eldeethedon: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Turco:

You're welcome. Do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

1. How possible is it for someone to apply and get a job from his home country in Turkey?

2. I'm a certified British Miller with more than 5 years experience in a multinational company. What can you say about grain milling industry in Turkey as they're few qualified and certified grain millers around the world which make the profession to have potential employability.

1 Like 2 Shares

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (45) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City (updates) / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.