Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job (12556 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job / Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by BISolutionsng: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
As impossible as it may seem, especially in a country like Nigeria, if you can follow these tips, you would be amazed at what will happen!
1. Learn about yourself:
Understand who you are, your likes, your values and your strengths.
2. Research:
Find out about careers which match with your interests and your skill set. The next thing is to identify any additional skill set you need to take you in the direction you want to go, and then take active steps to build that skill or competence.
3. Don’t be discouraged by your lack of experience:
Every employer wants someone who is hands-on on the job; an employee they do not have to teach. This makes it difficult for someone who has no experience to get a job, but there is a way out. Volunteer or work for free! Make a sacrifice! Ignore the money (or lack of money) and go get that experience you need on your Curriculum Vitae.
4. Network:
Meet people, talk to people and attend free or paid seminars in relation to the field you are interested in. Take advantage of your network on social media and remember that a contact or someone in your network can know someone who can land you that dream job.
5. Start early:
Avoid going round in circles by staying in a job you are not happy with because you are afraid of the unknown. The truth is, you will waste so much time doing what you do not enjoy doing. Research and invest that time in what you really want to do, and you would have spent quality time in building your career.
6. Have realistic expectations:
Nothing good comes easy. To get a perfect job you need to always work at it. Every job has its ups and downs, some aspects we love and some we do not love. A popular saying is ‘Anything worth having in this world requires effort’. It has also been said, ‘No pain No Gain’. In other words, prepare to work relentlessly to ensure you get what you want.

http://biempowerment.com/2016/06/20/six-tips-getting-dream-job/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by muyibaba222(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nice one from OP

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 21, 2016
Tips day.

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 21, 2016
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by korel9: 7:15am On Jun 21, 2016
No. 7 Stop dreaming and start acting undecided

5 Likes

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by mzanave(f): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by bucketlistng: 7:16am On Jun 21, 2016
Getting a job requires a lot and the OP has mentioned some valid points in order to secure a job. To further improve your chance, check out;

http://bucketlistng.ng/2016/01/23/6-good-strategies-to-get-a-job-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 21, 2016
[s]
BISolutionsng:

As impossible as it may seem, especially in a country like Nigeria, if you can follow these tips, you would be amazed at what will happen!
1. Learn about yourself:
2. Research:
Find out about careers which match with your interests and your skill set. The next thing is to identify any additional skill set you need to take you in the direction you want to go, and then take active steps to build that skill or competence.
Every employer wants someone who is hands-on on the job; an employee they do not have to teach. This makes it difficult for someone who has no experience to get a job, but there is a way out. Volunteer or work for free! Make a sacrifice! Ignore the money (or lack of money) and go get that experience you need on your Curriculum Vitae.
4. Network:
Meet people, talk to people and attend free or paid seminars in relation to the field you are interested in. Take advantage of your network on social media and remember that a contact or someone in your network can know someone who can land you that dream job.
5. Start early:
Avoid going round in circles by staying in a job you are not happy with because you are afraid of the unknown. The truth is, you will waste so much time doing what you do not enjoy doing. Research and invest that time in what you really want to do, and you would have spent quality time in building your career.
Nothing good comes easy. To get a perfect job you need to always work at it. Every job has its ups and downs, some aspects we love and some we do not love. A popular saying is ‘Anything worth having in this world requires effort’. It has also been said, ‘No pain No Gain’. In other words, prepare to work relentlessly to ensure you get what you want.

[/s]

If you know all this why are u not at work by this time if you have a dream job? Yeye undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by ebosetaled22(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2016
D wey some companies demand experience eehn . I just tire. Like say make u start work from birth

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by nliamdesmond(m): 7:18am On Jun 21, 2016
Above all . My Help is from Above, Not from Aboard.
First timer. ;

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Pavore9: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2016
l will prefer tips on how to create a job!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2016
Dat guy above me is correct.
Dat guy below me is also correct cheesy. Meanwhile,
Op, are u employed undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by HooxJnr(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2016
I have also visited the career section of many Ngo's such as Mercy Corps, Christian Aid, VSO, PACT and the likes and applied several times to volunteer with them but no response.

I want to use this opportunity to state my readiness to volunteer with any Ngo within Abuja which can accommodate a recent graduate like me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2016
Shior // tips have stopped working in Nigeria because there are no jobs, tips work only when the job is available. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by olaasiwaju: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2016
The most important thing is how to Believe, Truth and have Faith in Allah subhanahu wa Ta' ala.

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by level10: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Ok not noted

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by manuel80(m): 7:42am On Jun 21, 2016
searchiing4love:
[s][/s]

If you know all this why are u not at work by this time if you have a dream job? Yeye undecided
you never can tell if he has a job or not

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by seyiojomu(m): 7:43am On Jun 21, 2016
Sebi all this one is in a country that has job opportunities?

OP should tell us "Six ways to get A JOB"

3 Likes

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by gwinfyoung(m): 7:55am On Jun 21, 2016
thanks @ OP. I would really appreciate a thread on creating ur dream job.

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Emodeee: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Na wa oh.

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by jeron1(m): 8:02am On Jun 21, 2016
Op, you are very correct. most times I wonder why students, I mean IT students will be looking for highly paid SIWES or Industrial Training. How much does graduates earn when an IT students will be looking for IT of 30-50k per month ot white collar jobs for IT?. at times I tell them to do it for free and get the experience added to thier CV and they refused. I could remember doing my Industrial Training also know as Sea Experience in my field for free without a dime. most of my mates rejected it, laughed at me and was telling me they can NEVER work for any one for free. I wasnt looking at the present then but I was looking at d experience gained that will be added to my CV. Today I earn over 2million naire per annum while those guys r still at home looking for IT even if its now free, they dont mind cos they have seen me...

I tel Youths, chase excellence and u see success and money running after u... that 2m is the least money I can accept now in ma field as I av gained more experience and the more your experience the more employers grade ur higher.... and the more u gat to see opportunities knocking your door.

and to top it up, I got this job through social Media, Facebook... I added the HR after reseaching aboutbthe company, sent her my profile CV
inbox and she invited me to the office, did an interview and I passed

I also got a better job offer thru Linkedln recently of over 5million naira per annum but I decided to to accept it for now cos I needed to boost my CV with my present company. its not all about the money. Get d experience, connect with people, av a good relationship with everyone around u and upgrade yourslf regularly with the lil money u get as some one said "empty your pocket to fill your brain so that one day your brain will fill your pocket"... and u see your self shining

now I av also started school with NOUN, I may not need it now but who know, I may need it in d future. no certificate is a waste

my lil cent advice

9 Likes

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by centboy123456(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2016
I don't need to get a dearm job all I need is to fellow my destiny ask u self dis question is it my dearm to work for someone or is it my dearm to stay at the office for years guy need need to know what is ur destiny u need to know y u came to dis world I don't know most nigeria dearm is to get a job God why can u dearm to get a job why guys u need to stop thinking dis way and fellow ur dearms and know the reason why u came to this world fact that what I have to say to u all follow ur dearms and stop looking for a job

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by centboy123456(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2016
BISolutionsng:

1. Learn about yourself:
2. Research:
4. Network:
5. Start early:

I don't need to get a dearm job all I need is to fellow my destiny ask u self dis question is it my dearm to work for someone or is it my dearm to stay at the office for years guy need need to know what is ur destiny u need to know y u came to dis world I don't know most nigeria dearm is to get a job God why can u dearm to get a job why guys u need to stop thinking dis way and fellow ur dearms and know the reason why u came to this world fact that what I have to say to u all follow ur dearms and stop looking for a job

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Sweetcollins: 8:15am On Jun 21, 2016
What if ur dream job is to be a force man or a federal agent but u don't know anyone

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by butanep(m): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2016
All these are stories.

Even if you apply for volunteers jobs, you won't get response.

Jobs is via heavenly and human influence.

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Thomsyne(m): 8:35am On Jun 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by yomalex(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2016
Good Tips Check new vacancies on www.tipsdome.com/category/jobs

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by BALLOSKI: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2016
I see...

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Gerrard59(m): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016
Stay glued to Jarushub. Nigeria's Glassdoor, Muse, Indeed etc. If you don't know Jarushub as a student, graduate, corp member or even working professional, then you're on a long thing.

2 Likes

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by Tfatimat21(f): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2016
noted

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by XwhY(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2016
nice tips

1 Like

Re: Six Tips To Getting Your Dream Job by freemanjay: 9:36am On Jun 21, 2016
2016 List Of Shortlisted Candidates For EfCC Recruitment --EFCC Interview 2016---http://gisttrack.com.ng/2016-list-of-shortlisted-candidates-for-efcc-recruitment-efcc-interview-2016/

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) / Beware Of Immigrationrecruitment.org !! / Cornerstone Graduate Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.