Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss (8171 Views)

How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Holluwatarhyor(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
I'm a civil engineer,and I work in a one man business coy.I graduated with distinction in osun state college of technology (esa oke) civil engineering department.I've been working with my boss for two years now and nothing to show for it,but I'm still enduring because of some promises he has been making.But what pisses me off most times is his nagging nature,he doesn't appreciate anything one does for him.
I prepare and calculate for materials that'll be used on site,go to site for supervision,keep records of account,he only comes to site occassionally,and whenever he comes,he'll always see one mistake or the other,despite the fact that the clients are always appreciating the workdone by my workers on site.it's not like he's paying me salary,I'll call it allowance,because I can't say 35,000naira is anything to write home about in the present economic situation of Nigeria,and he even owes me some salaries.
I need your advice great people,I'm tired of working with him,I'm looking at standing on my own,but no connection.I believe be's just trying to tie me down with his empty promises,I have site experience,I can interprete plan and prepare bills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by bobbykeen: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
just keep quite and watch him talk...

note: do as if were listening...

that's all..

he might actually like u or maybe he feels being challenged by ur skills ... just keep quite and continue your goodwork

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Holluwatarhyor(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
bobbykeen:
just keep quite and watch him talk...

note: do as if were listening...

that's all..

he might actually like u or maybe he feels being challenged by ur skills ... just keep quite and continue your goodwork
thanks bro,but he tends to be killing my morale,I just hope I find a better option soon and leave him.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Gpopsicle(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2016
op,ma candid advice is dt u stay put and endure.u never kan tell he s testing ur patience and besides he likes u Buh dosent want to show it.

in ds present economic quagmire,a thousand and one unemployed graduates re praying to b n ds kind of situation of urs. u may not value wat u have until u loose it.stay dere and garner more job experiences before opting out and u know as a civil engineer,acquisition of practical skills re of utmost necessity and d only place u kan get dt is n small coys..

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gpopsicle:
op,ma candid advice is dt u stay put and endure.u never kan tell he s testing ur patience and besides he likes u Buh dosent want to show it.

in ds present economic quagmire,a thousand and one unemployed graduates re praying to b n ds kind of situation of urs. u may not value wat u have until u loose it.stay dere and garner more job experiences before opting out and u know as a civil engineer,acquisition of practical skills re of utmost necessity and d only place u kan get dt is n small coys..

Thanks.
thanks for the advice,but all the artisans that have been working with him for so many years before I joined him,always complain about him,they all say the same thing about him whenever they are telling me about their relationship with him.Bricklayer,plumber,electrician,carpenter,iron bender and the rest,they all said they've not achieved anything through him unlike other engineers they work for,and that has been sending some signals to me.
I was told he sweet talks his past engineers also,but they didn't achieve anything through him, I'm just scared of wasting my time with him.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by PresVA: 7:16am On Jun 22, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
thanks bro,but he tends to be killing my morale,I just hope I find a better option soon and leave him.
Exactly. .there's really nothing much you can do now except searching for better alternatives .. I hope you find one soon..
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by careercrew1: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
I'm a civil engineer,and I work in a one man business coy.I graduated with distinction in osun state college of technology (esa oke) civil engineering department.I've been working with my boss for two years now and nothing to show for it,but I'm still enduring because of some promises he has been making.But what pisses me off most times is his nagging nature,he doesn't appreciate anything one does for him.
I prepare and calculate for materials that'll be used on site,go to site for supervision,keep records of account,he only comes to site occassionally,and whenever he comes,he'll always see one mistake or the other,despite the fact that the clients are always appreciating the workdone by my workers on site.it's not like he's paying me salary,I'll call it allowance,because I can't say 35,000naira is anything to write home about in the present economic situation of Nigeria,and he even owes me some salaries.
I need your advice great people,I'm tired of working with him,I'm looking at standing on my own,but no connection.I believe be's just trying to tie me down with his empty promises,I have site experience,I can interprete plan and prepare bills.
I feel your pain and know what you are going through. ..i had similar experience in the past that's what made me to write an article on how you can deal with an angry or nagging boss.. . Visit www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-deal-with-angry-boss.html?m=0
Read and go through this article on how best for you to handle this issue
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by veekid(m): 6:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Shoot him in the head at close range

3 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by dammytosh: 6:53am On Jun 23, 2016
Be emotionally intelligent.

Try to understand him.

When he is nagging, it is not compulsory for you to talk.

Just calm down until you get a better option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by myners007: 6:53am On Jun 23, 2016
quit if the nagging becomes unbearable and then you will face the realities of life
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by myners007: 6:53am On Jun 23, 2016
quit if the nagging becomes unberable and then you will face the realities of life
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by allanphash7(m): 6:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Resign
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Liveair: 6:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Just leave and be your own Boss.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Clone2020(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2016
Do your job right the first time and he won't spot any mistakes. You know you have a nagging boss so put in more effort to turn in a good job so he doesn't find any mistakes. There's no other way around it unless you want to resign and find another job.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Quit the job.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by sukkot: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2016
quit after slapping him

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by lovinam: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Please go find another job. You can't develop/grow in a toxic environment. This is not even about the take home, its about your growth.
Holluwatarhyor:

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2016
There is nothing you can do.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by spenca: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2016
buy a punching bag if you can afford one and relay the annoyance on it . You ain't his of her spouse so quit pleasing

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by davibid: 7:00am On Jun 23, 2016
You slap their ass! grin
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by chi4ik4(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2016
my boss feels that without him, we cannot feed, he want to worship him like God, he even insult my late parents, but the only thing I'm doing is yes sir, no sir. I don't ague, I only say sorry sir, ok sir, yes sir, no Sir. employ these and improve on your deficiencies. for me, I have decided to be self employed v soon

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Larryfest(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Short of slapping him or bursting and letting him know how you feel i fear the only thing you can do in this present economy is to keep mum and await better options
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by ebenholer(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
thanks for the advice,but all the artisans that have been working with him for so many years before I joined him,always complain about him,they all say the same thing about him whenever they are telling me about their relationship with him.Bricklayer,plumber,electrician,carpenter,iron bender and the rest,they all said they've not achieved anything through him unlike other engineers they work for,and that has been sending some signals to me.
I was told he sweet talks his past engineers also,but they didn't achieve anything through him, I'm just scared of wasting my time with him.
Stay put as said, it is an enduring time for u. Beside, any one who survived criticism will always come out to be the best in life. Such situation is a build-up to success in life cos it is a trying period.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by sben2308(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:

Just know tough times nevr last but tough people do .I know all he is doing it to prepare you because u will agree with me that sometimes his complains r right but just too much .I say this cuz I once had a boss like dat but today I appreciate wat he did cuz he really helped me to b PRO ACTIVE ...So bro b patient cuz there is a lesson to learn.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by eph12(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2016
I can't work in a place where there is a huge difference between the boss and the supposed nearest in authority.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by virginboy1(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2016
SACK HIM angry Just joking smiley

Honestly I have worked with a nagging annoying boss once, to an extent that I always dread coming to work the next day.
I know how depressing and frustrating it can be. cry

But Bro, the onus is on you. You can make up your mind to apply the principle of tolerance.

There are people we celebrate while there are some we tolerate.

2 Likes

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by UjSizzle(f): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Why must we give people hope by trying to convince them something might be a test? Some people are just plain horrible to work with. I have clients like that and the best you can do is either manage them or quit working for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by ebenholer(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2016
Clone2020:
Do your job right the first time and he won't spot any mistakes. You know you have a nagging boss so put in more effort to turn in a good job so he doesn't find any mistakes. There's no other way around it unless you want to resign and find another job.

Nice words...then with prayer aadvantage on ur side
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by nonjebose(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Make greater effort at socializing with those artisans with the intention of getting info on openings in new work place or sites

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by stonecoldcafe: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:

Are u actively looking for another job? 35k in this clime for a whole graduate is pretty small. Not to talk of a first class graduate! Are you willing to relocate? How well is your CV? Have you visited the job section for hint and tips cos you may have a bently and still not know how to ride it. I say this cos distinction, a well spoken graduate with experience opens doors.

Another thing to consider is going on your own. You know the artisans, you have been in the business, you have the skill n experience but do you have the will power to venture out on your own?

Above all, pray.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Civil Servants Expect Kickbacks For Doing Their Normal Jobs? / How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / Where Can I Gain Experience In Civil Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.