Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' (38656 Views)

Premium Times Suspends Samuel Ogundipe Over Aisha Buhari/Jefferson Report-Signal / Aisha Buhari's Impostor Passport In Jefferson bribery Scandal / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by blackpanda: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2016
aloeman15:
The scandal is old news. It's also old news that we nigerians don't know left from right.
Even after quoting us court documents and supposedly providing links that WE ALL CAN VERIFY, some of us are warning the governor?!
Instead of us to demand that the presidency must comment on the allegations, while warning the fg to investigate thoroughly and to ensure it doesn't break the law where a sitting gov is concerned-
Whether we like him or not.
My pipul. Wen we go wise na?

Presidency doesnt have time for stupidity. There are more serious and pressing issues in the nation than to be joining issues with a slowpoke and thug. Fayos's claims are silly and baseless

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by saintandsinnerz: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2016
marv1:
Fayose is pulling more than what he bagain for. U can not continue to run down govt and u think u are safe. Fayose wont go scot free. U can not be making grevious allegations as if u are late Gani fawehinmi whereas u have skeletons in ur cupboard. When he was collecting money he did not remember immunity or rule of law. He can use his position to steal and influence election without considering rule of law but ur acct is frozen now he is shouting immunity and rule of law. What a sori gov?
Are you alright at all? We are talking about a grevious allegation about the First Lady and you're here talking bullshiit. What's even wrong with some of you? You couldn't even comment about the allegation, but shamelessly went into what I don't know just because Aisha is mentioned. You people are just terribly pathetic
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by fulanimafia: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Folafikemi:

And ever since then what has been done? So of fayose brings up d case again is it wrong? Booharie d most corrupt man in Nigeria history playing to the gallery.

Yes it is wrong because he is only grasping at straws to create a distraction as he is now being investigated for corruption. The Halliburton case is an ongoing one which was re-opened by PMB months ago.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by fulanimafia: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Folafikemi:

And ever since then what has been done? So of fayose brings up d case again is it wrong? Booharie d most corrupt man in Nigeria history playing to the gallery.

Yes it is wrong because he is only grasping at straws to create a distraction as he is now being investigated for corruption. The Halliburton case is an ongoing one which was re-opened by PMB months ago.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by andyanders: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2016
One Aisha Buhari cannot be said to be the wife of the president unless he has concrete evidence and proof to buttress his allegation. Fraudulent people use other people's name to perpetrate fraud anywhere in the world. Fayose should be ready to defend his comment by producing the said Jefferson and others he has mentioned involved in the bribery. He should also be ready to provide the said account and the account holder of the said account where the transaction was done by the said Aisha.

I think Fayose's family should be able to check their son to know if he is normal as an individual. I feel for him because he needs psychiatric evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by blackboy2star(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2016
Bet your LIFE Better go and read the HALLIBURTON case very well. One Mrs Buhari was mentioned truly back then but government thought it was one of Buharis' daughter which Mr President denied that is not his daughter ... Please don't bet your life for any POLITICIAN ooo

bashydemy1:
Shut jor and stop being a robot, When Halliburton scandal was read nobody hear anything about Buhari family and i can bet my life on it that Fayose is just ranting it was a complete lie. If it true, They would have use it against Buhari during the electioneering. Fayose should keep deceiving his gullible supporters (YOU) included. Beside it was until when his acount was frozen that he brought this ba? yeye dey smell
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Optofrank: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=olasmith10 post=46767708]Fayose has finally shot himself in the leg.. Referencing a high profile corruption case of halliburton level which the likes of obj, atiku and babangida aren't saint is dead on its arrival.

Are U serious? Are U for real?... So halliburton case should be swept under the carpet cos of these names you called? USA has prosecuted their people who were found wanting. But In our case we shld not do same cos of some pple but we have to kill others dat commit same crime.

Wot a Country.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by jude90(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2016
Look at these Zombies are defending her even when its clear with evidence. yet lets here that they mention the name of an oppsition member now they will be shouting bring our yam as if its father's inheritance.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2016
blackboy2star:
Bet your LIFE Better go and read the HALLIBURTON case very well. One Mrs Buhari was mentioned truly back then but government thought it was one of Buharis' daughter which Mr President denied that is not his daughter ... Please don't bet your life for any POLITICIAN ooo

So PMB is the only one or Family with the name Buhari abi? The last time i check we have more than thousand families with the name Buhari... and have you forgoten what the meaning of impersonation is?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by cokoduck: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
That's the same response i expect from the son of hatred born with hatred sperm from the tribe of the lost sheep ... Since you are still living in the zoo you are an animal too. Beside your tribe are are lost sheep and your moniker says sometthin like that too (duck) so your tribe are animal too. hahha
Sorry, I left the zoo a long time ago, I mean, a place where humans are caged, and animals roam the streets and even rule, it is very unfortunate, where I am you cannot come, here I can boast of 24hr power supply and pipe borne water, which is a mere dream you people in that zoo, aka Nigeria, it has now gone tribal, everything is tribe, lost this lost that, while we are the ones making people of the world to hear at least the name Nigeria. I don't blame you, what goes around comes around.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by shegra58: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2016
cokoduck:
Yes Mr integrity even without his certificate is your President, after committing perjury, you are not even ashamed of yourself, Nnamdi KANU said this same thing about that viper called Aisha last year but you zoo people took it for granted, a zoo where humans are caged and animals roam about.
u are calling the country u r living a zoo then u must b an animal,the last time I check anything living in a zoo is an animal undecided
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by tammie24: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2016
aloeman15:
The scandal is old news. It's also old news that we nigerians don't know left from right.
Even after quoting us court documents and supposedly providing links that WE ALL CAN VERIFY, some of us are warning the governor?!
Instead of us to demand that the presidency must comment on the allegations, while warning the fg to investigate thoroughly and to ensure it doesn't break the law where a sitting gov is concerned-
God go bless you my brother!

May the Almighty bless you for this comment

Ha!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2016
cokoduck:
Sorry, I left the zoo a long time ago, I mean, a place where humans are caged, and animals roam the streets and even rule, it is very unfortunate, where I am you cannot come, here I can boast of 24hr power supply and pipe borne water, which is a mere dream you people in that zoo, aka Nigeria, it has now gone tribal, everything is tribe, lost this lost that, while we are the ones making people of the world to hear at least the name Nigeria. I don't blame you, what goes around comes around.
Oh...really? But i can bet your father, Mother, and rest of your families are still animals living in the zoo hahahah.. Well from time immemorial some animals always escape from the zoo.. Don't we will inform the zoo guards that a certain duck (YOU) just escape from the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Bolaadu(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Izontubo(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2016
fulanimafia:

and what has come out of that case mr fulani man......i expect the efcc chairman magu with his shiny oily afari gorimakpa head to be running amok detaining and arresting all individuals mentioned in that scandal but NO his oga(buhari) must have told him to handle it with care and if possible dump the chase...when i call you a robot now you will say i am stalking you...
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by cokoduck: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
Oh...really? But i can bet your father, Mother, and rest of your families are still animals living in the zoo hahahah.. Well from time immemorial some animals always escape from the zoo.. Don't we will inform the zoo guards that a certain duck (YOU) just escape from the zoo.
All my family members are here with me, BTW if you think education is costly, try ignorance, and that is what you are, ignorant, I said earlier that Nigeria IS THE ONLY ZOO WHERE HUMANS ARE CAGED AND ANIMALS ROAM THE STREETS AND EVEN RULE, it seems this zoo ID is really hitting you guys, I will continue to fire it.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by obailala(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2016
aloeman15:
It has since been clarified that the culprit (who claims to be Buhari's daughter by the way) is not in anyway related to Buhari. THe Buhari name used by the culprit was just a catchy name used to hoodwink unsuspecting magas and mugus just as is common in most 419 scams where the conman uses the name of a notable figure; there are several reports to this effect and this issue has since been thrashed and trashed.

So if in your wildest dreams, you expect Buhari to start responding to every frivolous baseless allegations which can easily be disproved by an SS1 teenager, then you must be a very heavy sleeper.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by cokoduck: 11:03am On Jun 21, 2016
shegra58:
u are calling the country u r living a zoo then u must b an animal,the last time I check anything living in a zoo is an animal undecided
in that your hell hole of a country, humans are caged while animals like you roam the streets.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by everozone: 11:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Nobody holy pass.We know that Buhari is corrupt.He is only decieving his gullible fans by way of parading himself as holier than thou.His he fighting any graft?No.He is busy harassing and witch-hunting leaders of PDP.The battle line has been drawn.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by quickberry(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2016
mr ponmo gov shud luk for to revive his state instead of pestering Buhari up and down
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by collyno1985: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
Shut jor and stop being a robot, When Halliburton scandal was read nobody hear anything about Buhari family and i can bet my life on it that Fayose is just ranting it was a complete lie. If it true, They would have use it against Buhari during the electioneering. Fayose should keep deceiving his gullible supporters (YOU) included. Beside it was until when his acount was frozen that he brought this ba? yeye dey smell
Useless animal in the zoo... continue dis gracing ur family.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2016
collyno1985:

Useless animal in the zoo... continue dis gracing ur family.
Why you and your brothers should countinue disgracing your region all over the world.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2016
cokoduck:
All my family members are here with me, BTW if you think education is costly, try ignorance, and that is what you are, ignorant, I said earlier that Nigeria IS THE ONLY ZOO WHERE HUMANS ARE CAGED AND ANIMALS ROAM THE STREETS AND EVEN RULE, it seems this zoo ID is really hitting you guys, I will continue to fire it.
hahahahah i laugh in swahili kikikikiki... But mind you, Your hero is cooling his ass in Zoo prison. You wey never even see inside of a plane before dey rant on here, If you happen to see inside of a plane then you are among the returnee from Libya with flight.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by OmoAussie: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2016
A govt nurtured with corruption wants to fight Corruption. This Bubu-led govt has lost direction!
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by remmy0912: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2016
The Aisha Buhari named in the bribery scandal involving a U.S. Congressman, Williams Jefferson, is not the Aisha that is President Muhammadu Buhari’s wife, a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Lamorde, has told PREMIUM TIMES.
“I can tell you authoritatively that the Aisha Buhari named in that case is not President Buhari’s wife,” Mr. Lamorde said when contacted Tuesday morning. “It is another Aisha Buhari entirely.
“I was the director of operations at the EFCC at the time so I know about the case very well. I can tell you that it is not her (President Buhari’s wife). That much we established.”
Mr. Lamorde, who was EFCC chairman until he was removed in December 2015 by President Buhari, is currently on course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS).
PREMIUM TIMES contacted him for clarification following the claim by Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, on Monday, that the Aisha Buhari mentioned in court documents to have transferred $170,000 to the convicted American politician is President Buhari’s wife.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, Mr. Fayose had accused President Buhari of being corrupt.
“Even the President cannot claim to be an angel,” the governor said, in reaction to the freezing of his Zenith Bank account by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
“The estate he built in Abuja is known to us. His wife was indicted over the Halliburton Scandal (sic). When that American, Jefferson, was being sentenced, the President’s wife was mentioned as having wired $170,000 to Jefferson. Her name was on page 25 of the sentencing of Jefferson. We can serialize the judgment for people to see and read.”

The governor’s Special Assistant on New Media, Lere Olayinka, later circulated copies of the court document which named one Aisha Buhari as being involved in the Jefferson scandal.
The documents showed that in some of the exhibits tendered in convicting Mr. Jefferson of bribery, the Aisha Buhari was mentioned as transferring $170,000 to the American politician using a firm as proxy.
“Government Exhibits 36-87 (6/26/02 $170,000 wire transfer from account in Nigeria in the name of Aisha Buhari to an account in the name of The ANJ Group, LLC, identifying “William Jefferson” as Beneficiary),” the U.S. Government Sentencing Memorandum said on page 22.
The U.S. had at the time requested Nigeria to help it investigate the Nigerians named in the scandal, and Mr. Lamorde, as director of operation at the EFCC at the time, coordinated that investigation.
“It is unfair to link the President’s wife with that case,” he said. “She was definitely not the one involved, and Fayose and other Nigerians should know this.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by cokoduck: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
hahahahah i laugh in swahili kikikikiki... But mind you, Your hero is cooling his ass in Zoo prison. You wey never even see inside of a plane before dey rant on here, If you happen to see inside of a plane then you are among the returnee from Libya with flight.
Sorry, oh sorry, he is a human and he was caged and animals like you are roaming the streets of that zoo, what have I been saying all along?
Ignorance, don't worry very soon it will be Kayi buhari. Once again, where I am you cannot come, I left zoo since 2006, Okay?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bluaero(m): 11:59am On Jun 21, 2016
aloeman15:

My brother, the thing tire me!!!

E be like jazz.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Honza27(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by yinkuse: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Aisha Buhari: Our pressmen are very lazy

"As for Ms. Buhari, who is living in Virginia, it’s not clear who she really is. For one, she is under investigation in Nigeria by its Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said its head, Nuhu Ribadu.

Mr. Ribadu said he is uncertain if her name is Aisha Buhari, but he added that she is not a daughter of General Buhari. The former Nigerian ruler agrees.

“I don’t have any relationship with that Aisha Buhari,” Mr. Buhari said. “I don’t have any daughter called Aisha Buhari living outside this country. She is not my daughter.”

Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

Mr. Ribadu’s agency has asked American authorities to arrest Ms. Buhari. That has not happened, but the Justice Department has an interest in her. Last summer, she testified before a grand jury investigating Mr. Jefferson, the congressman, who is suspected of soliciting bribes from American companies seeking business in Nigeria.

The Nigerian official said that American authorities suspect that Ms. Buhari may have served as a financial conduit for the politician. Mr. Jefferson has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing; his lawyer declined to comment. Mr. Ondeck, whose experience as a lawyer is highlighted on GlobalOptions’ Web site, accompanied Ms. Buhari to the courthouse on the day of her testimony. But he did not go as her lawyer; several years ago, he was disbarred.

Mr. Ondeck, when told that Ms. Buhari was under investigation in Nigeria, said that he had “no information about the matter.” He also declined to say whether GlobalOptions had any paid her any money.

Mr. Hines recently testified in a deposition in Mr. Assiba’s lawsuit that he had learned last year from Nigerian officials that Ms. Buhari was under investigation. Soon after learning that, he said he wrote a letter to American officials in Nigeria that followed the one in September 2005 that asserted he had a contract with Ms. Buhari. Mr. Hines stated that he told officials in the second letter that he had not hired her.

On a recent day, Ms. Buhari stepped out of her town house in suburban Washington, wearing a long blue patterned dress and a head scarf decorated with strands of colorful threads. She declined to speak with a reporter seeking an interview.

“You have no business here,” she said. “I’ll call the authorities.”

Read more http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/business/yourmoney/29lobby.html?_r=1
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Validated: 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
wirinet:
Fayose and his supporters must have noodles in place of brains. Did they read the report at all? The report talked about a Ms aisha Buhari, a middle aged woman (in early 2000s) living in the US, who claimed to be the daughter of a former head of state, and Fayose and his supporters ( fellow waiters) interpret it to mean Buhari's wife ( whom they also accused of being child when she married Buhari in 1989).

If anybody named Aisha Buhari is Muhammadu Buhari's wife, then the president must have dozens of wives. A simple Facebook search will show some of them

Abeg, which of the Aisha Buhari is related to Mohammadu Buhari, a frmer military ruler in Nigeria Use your common sense!!!
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Uzosaint(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Wailers Where Are U? The Presidency Wanna Play Dirty With Peter(The Rock) This Is It! Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Neva Throw Stones,Its Just Abt To Go Down!
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
cokoduck:
Sorry, oh sorry, he is a human and he was caged and animals like you are roaming the streets of that zoo, what have I been saying all along?
Ignorance, don't worry very soon it will be Kayi buhari. Once again, where I am you cannot come, I left zoo since 2006, Okay?
The last time i check animals are being cage in zoo, So if Kanu is in cage then he is an animal who is trying to disturb the peace of we the human.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hushpuppi Is An Angel Compared To Buhari - Reno Omokri / God Has Told Me Who Will Become Next President But….. - Primate Ayodele / President Buhari Meets With Abdulmumin Jibrin (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.