Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka (25281 Views)

Impunity Rides Again Through Killer Herdsmen By Wole Soyinka / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / "Evidence Emerges Of Mass Burials After Arbaeen Massacre Of Shia In Kano"- IHRC (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by adioolayi(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
Summarily .."The camera
is supposed to augment, not supplant. “Shoot and Scoot” – that is
how their colleagues operate in other lands – Sit. Kneel. Stoop.
Shoot and Scoot! That is the professional media camera culture in
most parts of the world, Everything else is a travesty. "

The Cameraman are superstars of events today...they mask every invited guest of viewing the events they came for... This actions infuriates Prof Soyinka..hence this epistles. Cameraman should behave as quoted above in any events they attend

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by d33types: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
very correct analysis there.

that's why I approved of Adele's response to her fan .

I wonder why people won't savor the real moment.. instead prefer to snap and later enjoy the digital moment...

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by JingoOAU(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
Epic
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Articul8(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
The congi himself
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by zeekeyboy: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
The worst is at weddings....when d couples are dancing in.....everyone want to video nd snap so annoying........ av said it dat Nigerians love doing things to d extreme....... wat is d work of zoom? undecided

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by emmykk(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
Leave cameramen talk about buhari inability to submit certificate yet jega screen him.

Leave camera men talk about how fayose a sitting governor account was frozen.

Leave cameramen tell us why you didnt support gej fuel subsidy removal but never comment on buhari fuel removal.

Leave camera men and tell us while atiku and hallibuton case buhari failled to go into the matter.

Wole soyinka done really old na wetin nor mean anything nah e dey see now.....

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by jaybee3(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
It's obviously not restricted to photographers but common with majority of Nigerian's attitude to orderliness

However though, it doesn't warrant this much rant especially when the intended audience wouldn't even bother reading the epistle

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by fflamingo(m): 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
this is really true. I went to a funeral last two week, people from all walks of life started snapping the corpse. snap snap snap, if not that my mind was programed to be sober during funeral service, I would have resist such stupidity..
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by babyhrt(m): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
Lolss...... i had to check if the word SIGIDI which meaning i know in Yoruba was the same thing Soyinka used in this write up...The prof has come up with another word. grin grin grin

I honestly feel there are more pressing national issues that requires the attention of Soyinka much more than this personal vendition

If nothing, the disaster of a president in Aso Rock would need to benefit from Soyinka's counsel at this critical period of our journey as a nation.

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by buddydoze(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
These guys must have stepped beyond boundaries for everyone to have noticed as such. I hope they listen. The worst part of the behavior of these so-called Media guys is how they scavenge for food at events. Chai! One will think they don't get paid for their work.

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by histemple: 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
This is one reason people dislike reading Soyinka's books. He likes writing in difficult context and full of unnecessary details.

He only has to tell us that the uncultured attitude of cameramen in occasions is annoying. Simple!

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by sinceraconcept(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
histemple:
This is one reason people dislike reading Soyinka's books. He likes writing in difficult context and full of unnecessary details.

He only has to tell us that the uncultured attitude of cameramen in occasions is annoying. Simple!
exactly,so complex. I don't like reading his books as well. I once tried to read one but it was so boring and difficult to understand. I tried to force myself to read it to be able to tell people I've read a Wole Soyinka book but I just couldn't even get to the 15th page before I dropped it

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by isan(m): 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2016
Grammar !!! Grammar !!! Grammar!!!
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by speeder(m): 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
johnwizey:
U're calling someone old enough to be your grandfather mumu.....smh. Your parents did a bad job in raising you
you be idiot. When you were calling gej clueless, he be ur age mate abi. Zombie

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Intrepid01(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
RIZLER:
weytin dis mumu dey talk? undecided

Wow...you just called an 80 year old man "MUMU"....I am damn sure your parents wont be proud of your comment.

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Intrepid01(m): 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
ANBAKO:
Hmmm!! I was thinking this is about Nigeria but I was surprised to see it is about "cameramen"

This days, everyone with a mobile phone is a cameraman.
Prof, this is 2016 and not 1976, live with it!!!
The celebrant isn't complaining why you?
I think Prof is seeking media attention but it did not get it.

Next time, it shall be well!!!

Do good for good to come your way.

Hear yourself, he's seeking media attention...When he was at your age, he was already tired of media attention. Look at you nobody knows you in ur family and probably will never.

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Intrepid01(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
sinceraconcept:
exactly,so complex. I don't like reading his books as well. I once tried to read one but it was so boring and difficult to understand. I tried to force myself to read it to be able to tell people I've read a Wole Soyinka book but I just couldn't even get to the 15th page before I dropped it

You need to be worried about ur ability to comprehend. Did you ask yourself aw come the whole world understood him and his work won him an international award? Look inward, the problem is with you

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by sweetgala(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
daprince098:
This is a real battle: Wole soyinka vs Photographers. Can't wait to see the reaction from the opponents undecided undecided undecided

The guy wrote such a long piece just for photographers , one can detect anger in the tone of the text. Surely he has declared war
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by daprince098(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
sweetgala:

The guy wrote such a long piece just for photographers , one can detect anger in the tone of the text. Surely he has declared war
correct my guy. He wrote that text in anger. Everybody knows this is not a poem.
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by sinceraconcept(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
Intrepid01:

You need to be worried about ur ability to comprehend. Did you ask yourself aw come the whole world understood him and his work won him an international award? Look inward, the problem is with you
it's probably enthusiasts that understand him more. Even though if I were to read his books today,i might understand them cos I was in JSS 2 or so the last time I tried reading his book,about 15 or 16 years ago
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by mikaael(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
adegoke93:
Penis mightier than gun
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by wolebaba(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
RIZLER:
weytin dis mumu dey talk? undecided

Bloody waste of Spermatozoa Oloshi pataki omo abi pabe

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by adegoke93: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Na u talk am o![quote author=mikaael post=46790372][/quote]
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Ibime(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Camera na celebrity problem, no be our problem.

Make Soyinka carry him problem, make we carry our own.
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by WilliamsNedd: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
dont8:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/21/weapon-mass-obstruction-wole-soyinka

I came to see my granddaughter’s wedding but who was the officiating priest? That Afro-American she-devil!
Which American? she corrected. She’s Nigerian.

My best part....lol.

Please sir talk some sense into these occasion killers..

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Thobiy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
sanandreas:
Good article.
Like as if you read it
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Thobiy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
m2dl:
some1 pls summarise
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Thobiy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
m2dl:
some1 pls summarise
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Viktor1983(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
We got 99 problems, and camera men ain't one..
Some one is Tryna kill a fly with a mallet..

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by lightheart(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
Media...I knew it before opening.

"Were we witnessing a solemn but joyous occasion, I asked myself, or a rugby scrum in the wilds of Australia? " cry
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Ajibel(m): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
histemple:

Actually his books are not for everyone. He is naturally a poet unlike Achebe that's why his writeups are full of imageries and metaphors.

One of his works The Interpreters is the most difficult book I have ever read.

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
What do you expect when every Nigerian is now a blogger.

I can remember vividly a capacity building seminar I attended few months ago. These guys were there from day 1 to 5 always taking pictures. Using their clicks and movement to disturb people trying to digest information given out by the speakers and the workshop facilitators. It was so annoying.

I really can feel Baba's pain.
And to think they didn't even pay to come in, claiming media sh*t. They were all up in our faces preventing us from getting full value for our money.

Dolapo Osinbajo, Husband & Children Celebrate Her 50th Birthday / Oby Ezekwesili Supports Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Outcry / Yusuf Buratai Is Dead (Father Of Tukur Yusuf Buratai)