Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning (24729 Views)

Can You Market This / Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away / Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by favourmic(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hahaha haha hahaha weting consign Yemi Alade with this
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by Samzack(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
gbaskiboy:
e-diot on the loose, please someone should tie you down with rope before you enter market
U no dey hear dem don lock market Nah road him go enter

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by UDS: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
Na waoo. Why must it be the SME's that will always suffer this type of demolition always. May God deliver us in this Lagos where anything can happen.
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by rev2214(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
nwaire:
Lock up shops is another big problem small business owners have to go through to succeed in Lagos. Its pathetic, to think that some of the businesses in that market have stock and asset worth millions of Naira and they are real and genuine business not like some 419 offices on the island. This small businesses are the real sector Nigeria has for now until the industries come back alive why make them fail or unstable, whoever advise govt, especially Lagos state govt on disrupting the activities of this business owners is not doing even the state any good.
That is what we face each year from so called council. Very soon we will learn how to transact business online without the issue of lockup every year
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by fkj950ax(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Alade market is billed for redevelopment and the marketers and traders are aware.

If the redevelopment will favour them is issue number 1.

Secondly, there's been gradual evacuation of the ships in Alade Plaza. Rent renewal hasn't been allowed for a while in order to evacuate the occupants gradually.

There is also a proposed bridge from Alausa to Allen Roundabout geared to free up traffic on Allen, Aromire, Adeniyi Jones and Oregun Junction.

I think (I am not certain) the buildings from Alade Plaza have to make way for it.

It's a power vested in every government called "Overriding Public Interest"...

They can bounce anyone from any location in order to make life easier for everyone else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by badonkadonk: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
iyzeek:
this is one of the reasons I advice my IPOB friends to leave logos for their states. They complain too much about lagos when they have their states to worry about.

Nna.. There is too much money to be made in lagos biko... Money the village cannot provide...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by FemiFimile: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
The Lagos gov should stop playing tribal politics with people business.

It is very bad and has gone on long enough.

If london or America lock Nigerian shops, who will support that?
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
sad wetin do lagos state govt
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Wetin d traders do lasg
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by greggng: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
My friend fatai an hausa man operates an office in that complex. He is a man I can trust with my life. Lagos state should becareful with their actions
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by petkoffdrake2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Shopping mall?

Meanwhile, check my signature...
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by diegwu01: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
FemiFimile:
The Lagos gov should stop playing tribal politics with people business.

It is very bad and has gone on long enough.

If london or America lock Nigerian shops, who will support that?
Alas, An ethnic champion arrives....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by obaino860: 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
iyzeek:
this is one of the reasons I advice my IPOB friends to leave logos for their states. They complain too much about lagos when they have their states to worry about.

are u from Lagos.....Yoruba's claiming Lagos...wat happen to adoekiti,,Oshogbo,,akure,,,Abeokuta,,Ibadan...brown roof no gree una claim there?
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by CioAngels(f): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
metroparrot:

Traders at the popular Alade market located at Allen avenue Ikeja arrived early this morning only to meet the market under lock and key.

Some of the traders said it has become a regular occurrence since the planned relocation of the market by the Lagos state Government. According to the traders, government officials come up with all kinds of reasons to lock up the market and then re-open it when they please.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-lagos-state-shuts-alade-market.html

They come on and off becos tinubu is still thinking of what he wants to build there as soon as he acquires the market. Maybe to build oriental hotel or tinubu mega market. My people, continue to bribe his touts to remain there until tinubu decides.
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by riczy(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
gbaskiboy:
e-diot on the loose, please someone should tie you down with rope before you enter market
goat!
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by Khalraj: 2:02am On Jun 22, 2016
There must be a reason! What's their motive?
Re: Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning by justy15: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2016
is not unconnected with the APC strat to frustrate the south east whose major occupation is trade even when they work hard to develop the market on their own. they have continued to get incessant harrasment from the lagos state government n thiefnibu sister called iyalaja general. but they should not forget that what drives the Lagos state economy is commerce n trade therefore, the drivers of that sector should not be victimised. Ambode call your ofe mmanu ppl to order

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does Bank ATM Swallow Cards? / CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn / Nadeem Anjarwalla: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.