Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe (19315 Views)

Nura Alkali Apologizes To Dasuki, Metuh And Bade. Nigerians React / Orji Uzor Kalu Re-Arraigned By EFCC (Photos) / Aisha Alkali Wakil Replies Army: 'I've Links With Boko Haram & You Know That' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by auntysimbiat(f): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-3mTq2C5lyOs/V2lSan3GlII/AAAAAAAJnz0/D39ut5KtZxEwerah8Lb-hlDBV3htw4PrgCLcB/s640/7.jpg[/img]

The EFCC today arraigned Air Vice Marshal Alkali Mohammed Mamu, a former Air Officer Training Command and a member of the Committee for Procurement, Ministry of Defence, before Justice Salisu Garba of the FCT High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja on a 3-count charge of bribery.

Mamu, allegedly collected a cash gift in the sum of N5.9million (five million, nine hundred thousand naira) for the purchase of a Range Rover Evoque, $300,000 (three hundred thousand US dollars) and two vehicles (Ford Expedition SUV and Jaguar XF Saloon) valued at N15million and N12million respectively from Societe D’ Equipments Internationaux Nigeria Limited, a contractor with the Nigerian Air Force. The offence is contrary to Section 17 (a) of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Act, 2000 and punishable under Section 17(c) of the same Act.

Justice Garba, after listening to both counsel adjourned to July 1, 2016 for ruling on the bail application and commencement of trial. The defendant is to be remanded in prison custody

source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/06/photos-air-vice-marshall-alkali.html

5 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by auntysimbiat(f): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
good one.. BUHARI IS BACK

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by NinaArsenal(f): 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
These guys deserved to be Stoned, I Swear
angry

6 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by MadCow1: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
No Mercy..

Jail dem all

7 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Nickydrake(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Bribes and kickbacks are as old as the devil in the business of public procurement. The new and refreshing thing here is to see real big fish actually trapped in the righteous net of blind justice, through which they have too long been wont to slip.

There is another thing though. Why would the military need a Range Rover Evoque or a Jaguar XF? What practical applications could they have conceived for these ostentatious vehicles which are manufactured primarily as costly playthings for those in the world who have money to play with? Even in the luxury class, aren't there far more rugged, reliable, effecient vehicles to be had for far less than $300,000?

No one expects top brass in the armed forces to be shuttled about town in the same bland, austere Toyota Hilux pickups reserved for the poorly-paid, ill-equipped lower orders, but to spoil themselves with the highest luxury in these difficult times is not only an insult to the honest, hardworking citizens whose taxes have been converted into a personal slush fund, it is an affront on the valiant patriots who lay down their lives daily in the line of duty.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Chivic6452(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mtcheeew same old story

4 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by evy1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
sad
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by apostolos(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by ArikeAriyo(f): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Naija!! sad
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by jennybright(f): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fantastically rubbish
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by brunofarad(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by apostolos(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
THIS IS CHANGE BECAUSE A NORTHENER IS INVOLVED#WAILERS

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
ALL YAM EATERS MUST VOMIT OR KEEP THE YAM IN THEIR BELLY AT KUJE .

11 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Slimgenius(f): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
5.9million just like that

How does that reduce d price of tomatoes for God sake
And jollof rice is my best food..... undecided5.9million just like that

And jollof rice is my best food.....

3 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Abbeyme: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nice one
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by currentbrands(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good one PMB......May God continue to protect and sustain u as u rid this country of such criminals in uniform and government.

9 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by ayd91(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nigerians and Double standards...

Please... we should learn to critically assess national issues without rubbishing our status as educated people.

Everyone is innocent until declared guilty by a competent court. Because his name is Muslim or Northern shouldn't mean anything. He's another man who stands accused.
If he's guilty... Send Him to the Gallows... no media trials please.

2 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by texazzpete(m): 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
From the article, the bastard collected much more than 5.9m

I hope the contractor gets blacklisted

2 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by transient123(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
Witch hunting from the tripartite mouths of enemies within.

Tired of Nigerians being thieves.

Are we born to steal/corrupt or what?

2 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
Buharrrrriiii oooooh fasting dey Na cheesy
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by ngmgeek(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
That part of Buhari that I like. Thieves and looters should deal with this kind of shame smiley

1 Like

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Ucbiu(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
shegeh dan banza grin

EFCC CATCH DEM ALL tongue

1 Like

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Ayomi088(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
O ga o
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Anijay1212(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
Abeg collect the money first b4 you jail am o.
Dat money too big mbok.

2 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Bimpe29: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
Is not out of place, if I say that, anything done with looted or unlawful money shall not prosper.
We have a lot to do in combating corruption.
Unknown to many of us that corruption is ga grave sin.

1 Like

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by Olachase(m): 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
Slimgenius:
5.9million just like that

And jollof rice is my best food..... undecided5.9million just like that

And jollof rice is my best food.....
dont ask me, all i kw is with the way buhari is working thingz will be okay for us sooner tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by greatbrian(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
That can't be true
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by fxskye: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
I see this as a witch hunting. How there Buhari prosecuting a Muslim like him, oh no...an Ex-officer like him. ooooooo A Hausa man like him.

Lol........pro-PMB will never shout like that but the GEJs

4 Likes

Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by lonelydora: 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
Please oooooo, i don't want to hear later than he suddenly developed an ailment which will be treated overseas. He must bring that Yam whether in roasted, boiled, fried form.

Why have they not convicted one person since these trials started?
Re: Alkali Mohammed Mamu Arraigned By EFCC For Collecting N5.9m Bribe by LAUWALI222(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
NO.1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nastura Sharif: Police Arrest Leader Of Coalition Over Katsina Protest / The Monumental Waste Called Delta State / Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.