Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Does Whatsapp Means By This? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Does Whatsapp Means By This? (4440 Views)

How Does Whatsapp Make Their Money Without Adverts? See.. / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone? / What Does Dual, Quad, Hexa, Octa And Deca Core Means??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by adebrave1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
I need ICT experts who are very knowledgeable to educate us on this.

You will see things like "your messages are secured with end-to-end encryption.

I have seen it for so many times but I don't understand the meaning.

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Sanni45(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
From wat is written,it means only d person u sent d msg to would b able to get n read it.Lyk say for voice call nobody else will b able to eavesdrop or listen except d person u r talking to.
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Temmiey(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
it simply means that your content is save between you and the receiver anytime,prior to the upgrade, messages and other contents you are sending via Watsap can be retrieved by the application Team for reasons like security etc. also hackers can do same but with the upgrade, your contents is not available to anyone including watsapp,its just between you and the receiver and once it's delleted,its stays erased for ever.

1 Like

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by ArikeAriyo(f): 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
In don't Knw oooo lipsrsealed
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Favored4gud: 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
End to End Encryption (E2EE) means the data is encrypted on the sender's system or device and only the recipient is able to decrypt (decode) it. Nobody in between, whether an Internet service provider, application service provider or hacker, none can read it or tamper with it.

Encryption is when you securely code information you don't want certain people to have access to.

So any message you send to anyone who has an updated version of Whatsapp, the message can not be sniffed by hackers or seen by any one except the person receiving the message. Invariably, Whatsapp is saying you are protected from anyone or entities who may try to gain access to your chats. (They are doing this after the incident with FBI and Apple. Apple refused to decode the messages on the phone of someone FBI was investigating, so FBI got hackers to hack the phone. Since then Whatsapp came up with E2EE for chats).

Now the "Show Security notifications" Turn on this settings to receive notification what a contact security code has changed. Here, it is asking "user/owner" to turn on the notification button to receive "alert" when any of your contact secure code changes.

I hope this helps. You can also go to Whatsapp FAQ to find more info.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by nongo123(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
It means that your chats can only be read by you and the person or people you are chatting with. Not even WhatsApp people can read your messages. They are secured.
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by seunlayi(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
Thumbs up for the developers

1 Like

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by adebrave1(m): 8:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Favored4gud:
End to End Encryption (E2EE) means the data is encrypted on the sender's system or device and only the recipient is able to decrypt (decode) it. Nobody in between, whether an Internet service provider, application service provider or hacker, none can read it or tamper with it.

Encryption is when you securely code information you don't want certain people to have access to.

So any message you send to anyone who has an updated version of Whatsapp, the message can not be sniffed by hackers or seen by any one except the person receiving the message. Invariably, Whatsapp is saying you are protected from anyone or entities who may try to gain access to your chats. (They are doing this after the incident with FBI and Apple. Apple refused to decode the messages on the phone of someone FBI was investigating, so FBI got hackers to hack the phone. Since then Whatsapp came up with E2EE for chats).

Now the "Show Security notifications" Turn on this settings to receive notification what a contact security code has changed. Here, it is asking "user/owner" to turn on the notification button to receive "alert" when any of your contact secure code changes.

Nice one Bro...... Well said

1 Like

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Dolazee(f): 12:10am On Jun 22, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by hardbody: 5:55am On Jun 22, 2016
adebrave1:
I need ICT experts who are very knowledgeable to educate us on this.

You will see things like "your messages are secured with end-to-end encryption.

I have seen it for so many times but I don't understand the meaning.

Go school you no gree. Stay class, no. That thing is written in simple and everyday English for comprehension and no one needs an ICT guru to understand it.

You shame me ooo
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Taeewo(m): 6:11am On Jun 22, 2016
Must u insult? Y cant u just ignore n see if anything will happen to ur hand/phone
hardbody:

Go school you no gree. Stay class, no. That thing is written in simple and everyday English for comprehension and no one needs an ICT guru to understand it.

You shame me ooo

3 Likes

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by hardbody: 6:19am On Jun 22, 2016
Taeewo:
Must u insult? Y cant u just ignore n see if anything will happen to ur hand/phone

I am sorry. I thought it was an advice not an insult

Meanwhile my hand is truly itching me
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by chachanga: 9:00am On Jun 22, 2016
How does the level of the encryption tech used here fare against the Echelon "Big Brother" Cyber-Monitoring Project?!

Dontcha all fink dem Mosad, Homeland, KGB guys are still gonna be able to snoop on us?!

Especially the Chinks, yeah, I mean the chinkos!

And, if they can't, won't it indirectly aid and better facilitate crime, deviance, terrorism etc.

With Apps like Telegram, the new Whatsapp, folks can send complete weapons schematics, archived malware codes, layouts, assassination hitlists up and down under our very noses!
Hell, folks can plot and kill as many Kennedy's as the like now.

I think there's still a catch to it sha or it might just be my discipline and the SciFi movies talking.
Anyways, anyone that can shed more light, over to you!

1 Like

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by ayomidegal: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2016
what is confusing there
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by FakeNEWSevryday: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2016
Favored4gud:

God bless u sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Djmhyke(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Thobiy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
ArikeAriyo:
In don't Knw oooo lipsrsealed
Y u con post

1 Like

Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by Thobiy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Temmiey:
it simply means that your content is save between you and the receiver anytime,prior to the upgrade, messages and other contents you are sending via Watsap can be retrieved by the application Team for reasons like security etc. also hackers can do same but with the upgrade, your contents is not available to anyone including watsapp,its just between you and the receiver and once it's delleted,its stays erased for ever.
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by weblord1900: 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
So before we don't have end time excretion.

Sorry I meant end to end encryption. And another person have been seeing our chats. Even if I day sex chat or day toast a girl
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by ArikeAriyo(f): 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thobiy:

Y u con post
too post noni
Re: What Does Whatsapp Means By This? by adebrave1(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
weblord1900:
So before we don't have end time excretion.

Sorry I meant end to end encryption. And another person have been seeing our chats. Even if I day sex chat or day toast a girl

Bad guy... Sex chat.. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Xaiomi And Oppo Are Currently Testing Huawei New Os / JUST FOR FUN!! What Is The Funniest Wifi Name You’ve Ever Seen Or Used? / How Many Of You Notice This Place (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.