Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Now That The Change Is Here! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Now That The Change Is Here! (705 Views)

Where Is The Change Of Name Necessary After Marriage / The Change Long Overdue / President Buhari Is Not The Man To Bring The Change; A Prophesy? (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That The Change Is Here! by sbabimbola(f): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
In June 2016, Stephen Keshi, former Super Eagles head coach, died at age 58 of a suspected cardiac arrest. Four days later, Shuaibu Amodu, another former Super Eagles coach, was found dead in his bed, aged 54, after complaining of chest pains the night before. There are countless stories of other young Nigerians who have just apparently “slumped and died.” These stories all affirm a growing epidemic of heart disease in Nigeria and other low and middle-income countries.

The majority of heart disease and stroke is preventable. Cardiovascular risk factors are well known. They include risks tied to behaviours such as tobacco use, and a lack of physical activity which can lead to being overweight and becoming obese, metabolic risks such as elevated blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and diabetes.

Comprehensive action in population-based interventions, as well as interventions in the health system, can significantly reduce the burden of cardiovascular diseases. This has been seen in high-income countries such as the United States, Canada, and Western Europe, where deaths from cardiovascular diseases have been significantly reduced over the last 20 years. There is a chance to close the gap between our extensive knowledge of how to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease and the current practice, or lack thereof, in Nigeria.

Healthy lifestyle is a key factor...... THE CHANGE IS YOU!
Re: Now That The Change Is Here! by Ezedon(m): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
How can we CHANGE in this situation APC confined us
Re: Now That The Change Is Here! by sbabimbola(f): 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
We need to lead healthy life styles....

1 Like

Re: Now That The Change Is Here! by hymanflex(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
sbabimbola:
We need to lead healthy life styles....

Good afternoon Ma, I need your help now nd I know you can can do it for me.
with due respect Ma, the 2016 Mr nairaland election is ongoing, nd I need you to please help us with the dream of winning the elections.

the voting thread is

https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

just type" I vote falconey Cc: NLjega"

the voting continues tomorrow and the grand finale will be held on Wednesday.

I am trusting you for this Ma.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Let's Not Jump To Conclusion Too Quickly / Poem By A Little Girl!!! / Kindly help a Soul Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.