Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26492 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by gidimasters(m): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank
is it by force to transact with them other banks are there ogbeni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dollaflow(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
same here

6 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
gidimasters:
is it by force to transact with them other banks are there ogbeni

Its not but am only creating an awareness

32 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
dollaflow:
same here

What actually happened in your case
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dollaflow(m): 12:43am On Jun 22, 2016
mayor2013:

What actually happened in your case
was debited 200, 200, and 100 with out initiating any transaction today

8 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by shakol91(m): 1:09am On Jun 22, 2016
Same here, imagine GTb charged me twice for airtime which i didn't purchase.. They said I have minus account balance. (-397) I got a mail on jan 16th that my account will be debited but I didn't take it serious Lalastical,Seun pls move this to front page

6 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by blym4real: 4:58am On Jun 22, 2016
same here oh was charged #500 for airtime purchase that I was already charged for.
lalasticlala front page GTB nah professional thief.

7 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2016
Gtbank needs to be sanctioned angry
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by khassy(m): 8:02am On Jun 22, 2016
And I thought I was the only on involved, got the mail and didn't take it serious because I was told it won't be deducted from my acct only to get an alert today that 120 had been deducted for airtime purchase on the 4/3/2016

Who does that??

#GTBankSucks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by jackyraw09: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2016
same here oo, i got debited 100 thrice and then a whopping two thousand five hundred fuckin naira - #2500 angry angry
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2016
Same here oo...I thought I was been hacked at first lol. I have filed a complaint already sef.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by frisky2good(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2016
For every same here I see on this thread, my heart dey cut because I get GT bank account. angry

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2016
The mods should put this on front page. Some of them should be Gtbank account holders
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by blym4real: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2016
Seun, lalasticlala this deserve to be on the front page.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by emmaBS(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2016
It happened to me the second time yesterday. I purchased airtime of 200naira. GTBank deducted the 200 and then later on(after about 3hours) deducted 400 twice for airtime I didn't purchase.
The first time was in May. I purchased airtime of 400naira, and they deducted 400 twice from my acct.
GTB is now something else.

Modified:
I checked my balance again today. They have reversed the N800 they recently overcharged. Seems the N400 they took last month is forever gone thou..

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by mayor2013: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mods pls kindly move this to front page
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lonelydora: 5:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Fraud

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ZoggingMaster: 5:50am On Jun 23, 2016
It's so easy for the bank to blame debit complaints on the machine but the due question should be HOW OFTEN DO THESE MACHINE ERRONEOUSLY CREDIT CUSTOMERS' ACCOUNTS? I doubt if the bank would leave the machines unattended to if it begins to credit accounts. I think the bank is building it's wealth on 'alleged' system error. If they debit 20 million customers in just one day, maybe only 2,000 will complain and only 20 will fight dirty until they are refunded.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by holluwai(m): 5:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Armed robbers

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by SweetBoyFriend(m): 5:53am On Jun 23, 2016
This is the type of incident we pray for here in America so we could sue the hell out of them

8 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Endougs(m): 5:53am On Jun 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Taeewo(m): 5:53am On Jun 23, 2016
I was charged 100 also...

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ladyF(f): 5:53am On Jun 23, 2016
Let me log in and check my 3 digit balance first. angry

Ewooo.... *faints* cry That my last 500 nera I planned to withdraw today, dem don comot 200 and 100 shocked No ATM will dispense N200 notes na... Which kain wahala be dis one? Why me!!!! cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Bisjosh(f): 5:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Aaaah shocked

Gtb should not f..king mess with my account o angry because fear don dey catch me nowcry
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by RichDad1(m): 5:55am On Jun 23, 2016
Diamond bank is going same thing.
Whenever I ty to recharge my etisalat, I'll get debited and wnot receive the airtime. angry

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by countsparrow: 5:57am On Jun 23, 2016
grin

Gtb no be bank abeg, imagine i wanted them to help me transfer my account from one state to the other, after visiting the bank on three seperate occasion they still could not, na so i leave them make dem chop the account.

I hate bank wahala, when there is a hold on ones account, why should you remove from the available balance again when it is already held in the ledger balance like you claimed
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by sokera: 5:58am On Jun 23, 2016
I was charged 100,200, 200, 500,1000,2000,2000 and 5000 for airtime I didn't purchase, when I called them they said it was because someone else is now using the mobile number I used to set up the GTB account 3 years ago, I stopped using the airtel number because I am out of the country so I think airtel disconnect the line and sold it to a new customer, the new customer must have done that frudulent transactions... I pend the case till when I will be in Nigeria ...

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Life4Varnity: 5:58am On Jun 23, 2016
SO SORRY TO SAY THIS BIG TRUTH.

IT IS NOT GTB BUT FRAUDSTERS BASICALLY ON HACKING. THEY WILL CALL YOU AND TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE FROM GTB CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT YOUR BVN HASNT BEEN VERIFIED SO YOU WILL BE LIKE WTF. IT IS VERIFIED AND THEY WILL ASK YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR CARD NO AND PIN SO THEY MAKE VERIFICATION ONCE AGAIN. ONCE U DROP THIS INFO. MY BROTHER MY SISTER YOU GONE FOR LIFE.(smiley

WITH THAT INFO. THERE IS A GTB PORTAL WEBSITE THEY WILL VISIT THE SITE AND USE THAT INFO TO MAKE SELF CARE ONLINE TRANSFER OR TOP UP RECHARGE CARD.

THIS ARE THE TRICKS. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. I GO EXPLAIN.

GUYZ THEY HUSSTLE. JUST BEWARE AND FOR THOSE LADIES OUT THERE THAT LOVES DISTURBING GUYZ FOR RECHARGE CARD. PLS LIMIT IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE. SOMEONE RECHARGE MY LINE FROM ABIA A FRIEND OF MINE. HE ID SUCH THING. IT WAS GOD MERCY THAT SAVED ME. IF U DONT HAVE CALL CARD. BORO FROM UR NETWRK. BAE, STOP LOOKING FOR AWOOF CARD O. ALL THIS OUR GUYZ OF THIS DAYS ARE SCAMMERS, NOT ALL BUT FEW. NOT FEW BUT MANY.

YOU GOT IT ? THANK ME LATER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by 7footre(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2016
Over hyped bank.. never liked 'em anyway
Op and others sorry for your loss

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by SamMilla1(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2016
Silly Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.