Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (71631 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria And Also The Recquirements? / Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
I have searched all over the internet, and yet could not find any useful information. please someone who has knowledge on this should help out as soon as possible.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by purpleblood: 1:43am On Jun 22, 2016
Generally there are number of variables that determines what an airline pilot earn monthly such as:
1. Years of experience
2. Type ratings
3. Flying hours
4. The airline
5. Rank of the pilot

A fresh pilot from aviation school with a NCAA Comercial Pilot Licence (CPL), without type rating, may find it difficult to secure a job in Nigeria. If the person manages to get a job with an airline that would send him to a type rating course, the person may earn around 200K to 500K naira monthly depending on the airline.

Someone with type rating (a first officer) may earn around 300K to 800K. Again this depends on the airline. The aircraft he's rated on, and his flying hours.

Finally a captain (the authority on the aircraft) would earn around 500K to 1.5M monthly. The specific salary again depends on the airline. The aircraft he's the captain on ( a Cessna captain can't earn same with B737 captain).

Airline Pilots abroad can earn up to $10,000 - $25000 monthly (that's 2-5million assuming exchange rate to be 1:200). Because you cannot compare Emirates pilot with local Air peace pilots.

If you are considering flying as a career in Nigeria; make sure you have a plan for employment after spending the millions they pay at NCAT for training. Right now, very few aircraft are flying in Nigeria. Airlines are closing down. If you're getting a scholarship fine, grab it.

To get a clearer picture of how pilots are being paid depending on country and experience visit:
www payscale.com

164 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 7:55am On Jun 22, 2016
purpleblood:
Generally there are number of variables that determines what an airline pilot earn monthly such as:
1. Years of experience
2. Type ratings
3. Flying hours
4. The airline
5. Rank of the pilot

A fresh pilot from aviation school with a NCAA Comercial Pilot Licence (CPL), without type rating, may find it difficult to secure a job in Nigeria. If the person manages to get a job with an airline that would send him to a type rating course, the person may earn around 200K to 500K naira monthly depending on the airline.

Someone with type rating (a first officer) may earn around 300K to 800K. Again this depends on the airline. The aircraft he's rated on, and his flying hours.

Finally a captain (the authority on the aircraft) would earn around 500K to 1.5M monthly. The specific salary again depends on the airline. The aircraft he's the captain on ( a Cessna captain can't earn same with B737 captain).

Airline Pilots abroad can earn up to $10,000 - $25000 monthly (that's 2-5million assuming exchange rate to be 1:200). Because you cannot compare Emirates pilot with local Air peace pilots.

If you are considering flying as a career in Nigeria; make sure you have a plan for employment after spending the millions they pay at NCAT for training. Right now, very few aircraft are flying in Nigeria. Airlines are closing down. If you're getting a scholarship fine, grab it.

To get a clearer picture of how pilots are being paid depending on country and experience visit:
www payscale.com
thanks a lot, that was useful

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by maryannasemota: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2017
/***

View pilot salaries on Mysalaryscale

Visit https://www.mysalaryscale.com/salary/pilot--t

**/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by geezynoni: 7:04am On Nov 08, 2017
K
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by NLevents: 7:05am On Nov 08, 2017
I think about 500k upward

Nairaland party 3.0 heavily loading, why would you want to miss out on so much fun ? Visit thread for more details https://www.nairaland.com/4153612/nairaland-get-together-party03

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Mockaroo: 7:05am On Nov 08, 2017
30 naira

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by fewno(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2017
Kkk
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 08, 2017
250K to 400K per month on the average..... Local airways pilots I mean.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Settingz321(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2017
according to my pilot cousin, around 1.4million per flight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by GreenNegro(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2017
purpleblood:
1. Years of experience
2. Type ratings
3. Flying hours
4. The airline
5. Rank of the pilot

www payscale.com
Thanks bro, o make sense
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2017
purpleblood:
1. Years of experience
2. Type ratings
3. Flying hours
4. The airline
5. Rank of the pilot

www payscale.com

Are you a pilot ?

Please stop giving wrong figures.

Ordinary a flight dispatcher with Air peace earns 150 to 200k month salary and you're here saying what's not.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2017
$500000000

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by frikpus: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2017
Thanks for this.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Collins400: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2017
800k and above. They also pay them some allowance per each successful landing

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by WetinConsignMe: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2017
T
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Arian11(m): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2017
12 mil to 30 mil per year. based on experience .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by jerflakes(m): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2017
They earn money

8 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olachase(m): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2017
I'm not here to comment about the pilot please who post that nollywood video there you make me waste my MB is that how white does there own

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Factfinder1(m): 7:10am On Nov 08, 2017
350k reliably
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 7:12am On Nov 08, 2017
shocked
To the best of knowledge, Fixed wings and rotary wings pilot have a different salary scale. You may want to be more specific about this. Having said that, I will weigh in to give an clue about rotary wing pilots salary. If you get trained by any helicopter operator, I'm afraid you may begin your career with a regrettable figure (it's worse with a Nigerian firm) of 250K. However, as you build your flying hours and progress from mere FO to SFO to Captain, you'll be earning slightly over $3k to $8.5K depending on what client your company is flying for and your type ratings. At the moment in Nigeria, helicopter pilots flying for Shell earns more than their counterparts but you need AW139 rating.

That being said, if you would like to go into flying, Fixed wing will offer you the shortest route to become Captain with less earnings. The reverse is the case for rotary wings. My advice is if you are about 30yrs, start with fixed wings, when you become a captain, convert to rotary wings.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by MrHighSea: 7:12am On Nov 08, 2017
I want to know too

Cos the money for training is overwhelming

While my guy from one federal poly in the North dy chow 1.8m/month for Shell.

If dem no pay pilot reach like dt, make im come go write jamb.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by tobloj(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2017
Settingz321:
according to my pilot cousin, around 1.4million per flight

I'm sure your pilot cousin own the aircraft to earn that much in Nigeria

40 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by simplemach(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2017
Anything not less than the minimum wage
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by coolestchris(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2017
ask edo pilots
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Airforce1(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2017
tobloj:

I'm sure your pilot cousin own the aircraft to earn that much in Nigeria

He's right .

The highest paid are the helicopter pilots who earn over 3million .

An ordinary flight dispatcher with air peace earn 150 to 200k monthly .

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Smartjeezy(m): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2017
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by lakesguy(m): 7:20am On Nov 08, 2017
I'm sure they still earn more than professors of some higher institution...

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Adaumunocha(f): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2017
@Settingz321 1.4 million per successful flight smuggling coke ryt tongue
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by chloedogie(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2017
Airforce1:

He's right .

The highest paid are the helicopter pilots who earn over 3million .

An ordinary flight dispatcher with air peace earn 150 to 200k monthly .

I'm sure you didn't read that guy's line very well. He said 1.4million per flight. Which means if he flies 20 times in a week, his cousin must have earned 28 million. Hope you grab now?

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / Salary Structures For Schools Around Badore,ajah And Lekki / Which Are The Highest Paying Parastatals And Companies In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.