Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,286 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:48 AM

What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! (80816 Views)

Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by kolaaderin: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
ultraprime:
Strange Occurrence Observed This Morning In Abuja!

Just saw this in the sky this morning. Could it be some sort of missile launch in the sky? Two crisscrossing in the sky. What do you all think?

JET FUME strail from aircraft and u called on the attention of the whole nairaland.

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Icecream4U(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
Sign of good things to come in buhary's government. cheesy wink
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by happney65: 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Coup Loading..Buhari run for your life.. grin omolola15
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by trentslawson(m): 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
sheunsheun:
I saw it too OP, it was strange at 1st, cuz it looks like a missile or rocket been lunched, but then after it balanced, it was obviously an aircraft. But am still surprised cuz ve neva seen an aircraft shoot into the sky like that, and it was moving at a relatively high speed.
Okay maybe its an alien then
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Tedassie(m): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
idupaul:

Its called a contrail ..it's actually a former of condensation that happens as hot air from the Jet combustion meets dense cool air in the atmosphere ..so technically it's no the jets exhaust fumes sir

No its not a chemtrail but a contrail. .A chemtrail is when happens when conspiracy theorist thinks a contrail has been spiked with dangerous chemicals by some evenly govt
cheesy
idupaul:

Its called a contrail ..it's actually a former of condensation that happens as hot air from the Jet combustion meets dense cool air in the atmosphere ..so technically it's no the jets exhaust fumes sir

No its not a chemtrail but a contrail. .A chemtrail is when happens when conspiracy theorist thinks a contrail has been spiked with dangerous chemicals by some evenly govt
Yeah,man...i think 'Chemtrails' sticks to me,sounds like a cool stage name.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by idupaul: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
kolaaderin:

JET FUME strail from aircraft and u called on the attention of the whole nairaland.

Funnily it's not jet fume ..it's actually called a contrail and happens when hot air escaping from the combustion in the burners meet cold dense air outside ..same thing that happen when we breath during really cold dense weather and see fog seemingly leaving our nostrils and mouth
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by sheunsheun(m): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
trentslawson:
Okay maybe its an alien then
No its not, i actually watched it move horizontally upward b4 finally balancing in sky!!! Moreover i say the wings, its an aircraft
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by iamord(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
ultraprime:
Strange Occurrence Observed This Morning In Abuja!

Just saw this in the sky this morning. Could it be some sort of missile launch in the sky? Two crisscrossing in the sky. What do you all think?
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by dotun555(m): 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
and this made front page .....no better story again undecided
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by maxxy22: 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
This is aircraft smoke is common in the North most times in the rainy season.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Laveda(f): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmm on fp? lipsrsealed

good afternoon Sirs' and Mas' I'm sorry to bother you all but I really need your help...please help me vote for Lanicky on the on going miss Nairaland contest..

Just type "I vote LANICKY CC: nljega" on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/3 only your votes can take her to the next round which is the grand finale... Please help keep her in the game, your Votes would really go a long way..

Voting has commenced, closes by 6 pm (West African time) I'm really counting on you guys.. Thanks a lot..

You can also mention my moniker right below your vote so that I can thank you...thanks once more

God bless you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by telemapreye1(f): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
papawemba:
Everything is now scarce in Nigeria: Dollar, Tomatoes, Rice, Intelligence, Common Sense and just name it...
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bejeria101(m): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
It isnt a missle i saw it too,its the jetstream of a private jet it leaves that trail cos it travels fast.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by canDy4eva(f): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
salabscholar01:
How old are you?
53... grin
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by aycorporat(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Akshow:
What is strange about aircraft smoke for chrissake And a mod put this on front page Seriously
Thank you.
Relevant posts that are supposed to make front page, the sleeping mods will never push it there but rather irrelevant ones make the day!
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by frisky2good(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nonsense. I even think say na winsh wey dey fly he see.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by edosignature(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
What u saw is called Jet exhaust.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Tellemall: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Those are trailing smokes from Aircrafts flying through the sky. The weather is a lot cold and misty this morning that's why you are seeing this.

Regular feature in Europe undecided

Aircrafts from behind a mountain in an area that looks residential? Oh yes, this must be a European pic with European humidity etc.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Zhirinovsky: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
The trajectory doesn't look like that of any commercial aircraft
bigtt76:
Those are trailing smokes from Aircrafts flying through the sky. The weather is a lot cold and misty this morning that's why you are seeing this.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Tellemall: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
bigtt76:

Aircrafts from behind a mountain in an area that looks residential? Oh yes, this must be a European pic with European humidity etc.

With the geography in Abuja, and the angle of inclination you should know that there is no aircraft that could pull off those moves.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by abdullkabar(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
Lolz.......just to have a post in NL sha(its allowed) I was hoping to see a UFO(Unidentified Floating Object...Matilda)
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Tellemall: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
Martins301:
Fumes left by a Jet. Too many illiterates in Nigeria abeg angry

You do not read before commenting. Do you think a jet could come out of mountains? It would fly over them, not only show a trail coming out of the mountain.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Tellemall: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
Martins301:
Fumes left by a Jet. Too many illiterates in Nigeria abeg angry

You do not read before commenting. Do you think a jet could come out of mountains? It would fly over them, not only show a trail coming out of the mountain.

Silly fellow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by skypeople(f): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seen
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by janway(f): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
I saw it too, I was initially scared, then it occurred to me , probably a private jet passed and left d trail. well, nothing dey happen
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Tellemall: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
papawemba:
Everything is now scarce in Nigeria: Dollar, Tomatoes, Rice, Intelligence, Common Sense and just name it...

And I'm sure you think you sound intelligent. You're scarce on that commodity.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by TheNathan(m): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
papawemba:
cheesy lol........ Truetalk .
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Onyeani5million(m): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
ignorance is really a disease. when does smoke from flights become missiles?
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by maxzzo1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
gbens2000:
strange thou!
What fear can cause....
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by jamalchance(m): 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
Uav .... Sighted 1 recently probably on suverlliance
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by themanderon: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
EmmyUrch:
This is called Chemitrail. The are poisoning our atmosphere with chemicals. Research about "Project HAARP and CHEMITRAIL"
SMH for Nigerians. We are not enlightened atall...
The world is heading towards a new world 1 government

you are the one that made sense in all the posts I have read here. I have seen those things severally and I can comfortably say they were not made by any aircrafts, jets or whatsoever. those things making those trails don't have the configuration of any aircraft I have seen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Big Cats Killed In My Bedroom After They Engaged In Serious Fight / Extreme Military Engineering: Fascinating Facts About Aircraft Carriers. / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.