Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men (67037 Views)

"I'm Bored, I Need A Man" - Curvy Ghanaian Lady Cries Out (Photos) / "Any Man Who Sleeps With Me Dies, 7 Gone Already, But I Need Sex"– Ghanaian Lady / What This White Man Thinks About Black Women (PIC) True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Blackfire(m): 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
Trina0936:
Half-cheats lol grin tongue

or we cheat half-ly?
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by jesuspikinjp(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2016
who cares about what one ugly ghana girl thinks about nigeria men ?

2 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by danwilliams4u(m): 1:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Based on her analysis she is speaking out of experience
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 23, 2016
janellemonae:

I have NEVER heard any married Yoruba man say this. Clearly u are lying. Thinking a group of men cheat is one thing, based on antecedents or stories u hear. What ur saying here is unheard of.

Cheating is a cultural institution among the Yourbas. I know what I am saying because I have lived amongst Yoruba people all m life.

1 Like

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by oodua1stson: 2:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Ever paused to wonder why Yorubas top the list?

Because we are the elite tribe this country has
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 23, 2016
WriteBoy:

Cheating is a cultural institution among the Yourbas. I know what I am saying because I have lived amongst Yoruba people all m life.

Polygamy is cultural amongst Yorubas. It was ALWAYS the norm. Like it was among all African tribes. It's not a strange new phenomena U discovered. We've always bn deeply cultural people - Not xtian nor Muslim. And most tribes in Nigeria are still VERY polygamous, not only Yorubas. Some tribes are monogamous because they were successfully completely brainwashed by Christianity. But even among those Christians there are cheats. In all the tribes.

The truth is polygamy has greatly reduced among Yorubas. This was due to d spread of xtianity (which is what made it dissappear in other tribes) .E.g. In my grandparents generation, monogamy was a complete rarity. Very rare. Both my grandfathers had nothing less dn 4wives each. My parents however, met in high Skool & have bn married for over 40yrs. Same wt all their friends.

2 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by brajy(m): 2:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Yoruba all the way......we don't cheat wives!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 23, 2016
janellemonae:

Polygamy is cultural amongst Yorubas. It was ALWAYS the norm. Like it was among all African tribes. It's not a strange new phenomena U discovered. We've always bn deeply cultural people - Not xtian nor Muslim. Some tribes are monogamous because they were successfully completely brainwashed by Christianity. But even among those Christians there are cheats. In all the tribes.

I know it might seem weird to some of u dt just started hanging out outside ur tribe, but polygamy has greatly reduced among Yorubas. This was due to d spread of xtianity & d rise in education (which are d same factors dt made it dissappear in other tribes) .E.g. In my grandparents generation, monogamy was a complete rarity. Very rare. Both my grandfathers had nothing less dn 4wives each. My parents however, met in high Skool & have bn married for over 40yrs. Same wt all their friends.

I see what you did there -- nice try, but nah, I am not buying!

Yorubas are genetically predisposed -- repeat-- predisposed to cheating. I have lived all my life within and with Yoruba people, rural and urban, and a common denominator that I have witnessed firsthand, in passing and within my group of friends is the almost nuanced acceptance for cheating. It is not even confined to one gender alone. Cheating is a malaise that the Yoruba nation cannot wake up tomorrow and shout "hurray, now our pants can finally stay at home" Doing that will run counter to cultural expectations.

Your parents and their friends are an exception and not an indication of the norm. Haven't you wondered why Yorubas record the highest number of divorces in Nigeria, maybe Africa, who knows? Do you for one second think that a sexually expressive and liberal way of life is not the chief reason for this?

I have come quite of age, albeit young still, but I am yet to witness firsthand a single Igbo divorce. I may have heard -- although my memory is quite fuzzy on that -- of an Igbo divorce, but yet to witness one. While Aunty Ladi down the street is on husband number four and five kids in tow, Tolu is on her 8th boyfriend at the ripe age of 22, and Alhaja can not count all her husbands on one hand.

Don't even get me started on the sudden marriages -- I fear I may bust an aorta if I touch that. Take the truth little miss and don't bray.

Keep in mind: Genetically Predisposed.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 23, 2016
WriteBoy:

I see what you did there -- nice try, but nah, I am not buying!

Yorubas are genetically predisposed -- repeat-- predisposed to cheating. I have lived all my life within and with Yoruba people, rural and urban, and a common denominator that I have witnessed firsthand, in passing and within my group of friends is the almost nuanced acceptance for cheating. It is not even confined to one gender alone. Cheating is a malaise that the Yoruba nation cannot wake up tomorrow and shout "hurray, now our pants can finally stay at home" Doing that will run counter to cultural expectations.

Your parents and their friends are an exception and not an indication of the norm. Haven't you wondered why Yorubas record the highest number of divorces in Nigeria, maybe Africa, who knows? Do you for one second think that a sexually expressive and liberal way of life is not the chief reason for this?

I have come quite of age, albeit young still, but I am yet to witness firsthand a single Igbo divorce. I may have heard -- although my memory is quite fuzzy on that -- of an Igbo divorce, but yet to witness one. While Aunty Ladi down the street is on husband number four and five kids in tow, Tolu is on her 8th boyfriend at the ripe age of 22, and Alhaja can not count all her husbands on one hand.

Don't even get me started on the sudden marriages -- I fear I may bust an aorta if I touch that. Take the truth little miss and don't bray.

Keep in mind: Genetically Predisposed.

Lmao at "genetically predisposed". Clearly this is not an intelligent line of argument by any standards. I'll gladly leave u to ur studies.

2 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 23, 2016
tomquest:
But is cheating actually common with Yoruba married men? I've heard a lot being said regarding that. If true, how do their wives feel about it?

To answer your question, I need to take a look at my clock now. See now, the time says 3.23AM -- would the dawn come? I believe the answer is YES.

Taking this analogy a little further, would the Yoruba man cheat? As sure as dawn!

Cheating is a cultural thing among Yoruba people and their wives understand. They understand and also get a piece of the action outside. That balances the equation nicely!

When I lived in Ibadan, my neighbour, Mr Rasheed, would always bring home strange women. My sister felt so bad for his wife every time the woman was away and she saw this happen. You can only begin to imagine the reversal in feelings (my sister's feelings for the perceived cheated woman) the day a quarrel broke out with neighnour X's wife. The bringer-of-strange-women's wife actually boasted that her husband only carries big and beautiful women and that does not stop her from getting her "owo obe" -- soup money. I thought to myself, "what a depraved people"

2 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 23, 2016
janellemonae:

Lmao at "genetically predisposed". Clearly this is not an intelligent line of argument by any standards. I'll gladly leave u to ur studies.

Ad Hominem -- attacking the messenger rather than the position. I may have imperfect grammar, but I make it up with first hand experience little miss.

Edit 1:

I know you are only pulling figures out of the air -- but I am always ready to take up the gauntlet whenever it is thrown. How do you wish to receive proof of your people's wayward ways? Voice, coming down to my street. Feel safe though, because I don't bite or lace drinks with stuff unlike some Yoruba boys I know.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 23, 2016
WriteBoy:

To answer your question, I need to take a look at my clock now. See now, the time says 3.23AM -- would the dawn come? I believe the answer is YES.

Taking this analogy a little further, would the Yoruba man cheat? As sure as dawn!

Cheating is a cultural thing among Yoruba people and their wives understand. They understand and also get a piece of the action outside. That balances the equation nicely!

When I lived in Ibadan, my neighbour, Mr Rasheed, would always bring home strange women. My sister felt so bad for his wife every time the woman was away and she saw this happen. You can only begin to imagine the reversal in feelings (my sister's feelings for the perceived cheated woman) the day a quarrel broke out with neighnour X's wife. The bringer-of-strange-women's wife actually boasted that her husband only carries big and beautiful women and that does not stop her from getting her "owo obe" -- soup money. I thought to myself, "what a depraved people"

Ur are extremely disrespectful & uncouth when u call a human being "depraved" because they don't believe what u believe. Clearly mr Rasheed & his wife have no problem wt polygamy. Dts d only logical conclusion from dt exchange.

4 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:52am On Jun 23, 2016
WriteBoy:

Ad Hominem -- attacking the messenger rather than the position. I may have imperfect grammar, but I make it up with first hand experience little miss.

I never attacked u. I am telling u that social behavior can never be as a result of genetic disposition. It's just not an intelligent argument. U should finish up ur research & come up wt another reason. Maybe it will be different from mine but Dt one won't fly.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 23, 2016
janellemonae:

Ur are extremely disrespectful & uncouth when u call a human being "depraved" because they don't believe what u believe. Clearly mr Rasheed & his wife have no problem wt polygamy. Dts d only logical conclusion from dt exchange.

Polygamy, who said polygamy? No, that wasn't polygamy. That was dangerous sexual behaviour that I found reprehensible. Husband and wife were supposed to be in a committed monogamous relationship. yet, for the damnedest reason, they found ways to turn their marriage into a veritable swingers party! Does that seem normal to you ma?

I bet it does!

PS: When I say "Genetically predisposed" I mean it in the sense that: Yoruba genes in any individual would goad them to infidelity. Science may not have an answer for it yet, but if they listen to me, they actually have a solid foundation to base research on why Yoruba people cheat so much on, instead of beginning from the ground up.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by yungsnazzy: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2016
abike12:
where person fit see correct Calabar guy sef?
am here for u
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 23, 2016
WriteBoy:

Edit 1:

I know you are only pulling figures out of the air -- but I am always ready to take up the gauntlet whenever it is thrown. How do you wish to receive proof of your people's wayward ways? Voice, coming down to my street. Feel safe though, because I don't bite or lace drinks with stuff unlike some Yoruba boys I know.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 23, 2016
WriteBoy:

Polygamy, who said polygamy? No, that wasn't polygamy. That was dangerous sexual behaviour that I found reprehensible. Husband and wife were supposed to be in a committed monogamous relationship. yet, for the damnedest reason, they found ways to turn their marriage into a veritable swingers party! Does that seem normal to you ma?

I bet it does!

PS: When I say "Genetically predisposed" I mean it in the sense that: Yoruba genes in any individual would goad them to infidelity. Science may not have an answer for it yet, but if they listen to me, they actually have a solid foundation to base research on why Yoruba people cheat so much on, instead of beginning from the ground up.

"Husband & wife were supposed to be in a committed monogamous relationship".

Did mr Rasheed tell u this about his marriage or ur just placing ur religious bias on what their marriage should be?

Ur still circumventing my point.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by toyinid78: 6:16am On Jun 23, 2016
She. Wrote trash all men cheat, d only men who dnt ar woman wrapper,david,solomon n d bible cheated,cheating is an optional life for men its not about tribe igbos cheat,calabar men Bleep any thing Bleep able,and to talk of it who b virgin for nairaland?
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by kechywillz(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2016
I thought Igbo men are not romantic according to our brothers in the west
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by V0lv0(f): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Hannah Morgan. That's not even a Ghanaian name but knowing how Nigerian bloggers love to tag everything Ghana won't be surprised that its fake.

However on the assumption that this is true. The gal is a n ashawo and an opinion of an ashawo should not be taken seriously. Truth is she can't generalise and make certain characteristics about certain tribes because its not always true and is very foolish to assume all Yoruba men are like this or all Igbo men are like that.

Another point I would like to make out is that any Ghanaian girl that chases after Nigerian men or any man for that matter is a LovePeddler. The decent, educated Ghanaian girls dont r chase after men and do not really go for Nigerian men because we are kind of wary of them plus family more likely than not won't accept the relationship(watch Ghana must go to get an inkling) but most importantly is because Ghanaian men are the best.

So stop bragging about the ashawos loving you. Its disgraceful and nothing to be boastful about. Secondly one Ashawo doesn't mean all Ghanaian girls. Thirdly what that gal wrote was utter cra.p
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by dilini(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:

grin grin wicked!!
Seems you're from the North-East?... Just wondering
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by dilini(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2016
cstr9:
Go and sit down. Ofcourse, every ethnic group has cheaters, but the level differs.
For the yoruba ethnic group, it is very difficult to find a successful, well to do yoruba man without ATLEAST one extra wife and kids outside. It is a cultural thing that has been strengthened through the influence of islam in yoruba land.
Picking one or two philandering igbo men as your example does not change the fact that the overwhelming marital culture in igboland is monogamy.

Oh boi! this your grammar nearly scatter person brain o!....lol
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by dilini(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
brightjenny:
well based on my own experience Igbo are the best in sex not calabar....

You should be applauded and given some awards for distinguishing between the two tribes with your 'profound experiences'... Lol
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by Unbrandedguy: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2016
telemapreye1:
One problem tho...calabar guys are short like small stout bottle grin

you speak out of experience?? Big ups!
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by V0lv0(f): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2016
JiggamanGh:

A Ghanaian named Hanny Morgana, this probably written by a Nigerian blogger to feel special.

Exactly. If you really read into this. This persons says negative things about all the Nigerian tribes except Igbo. The person only says positive things. Not even one negative thing. Hannah Morgana sound like someone just thought of deriving a name from Cynthia Morgan. I will bet you anything a Nigerian wrote this trash of Igbo origin and just decided to use Ghana as a scape goat for that trash written. They must leave our name out of their tribalistic agendas. Kwasiasem

3 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by icankel: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
And the Ghanian woman====> Whøre, $lut, ashawo.
She don date the whole naija population finish.
**Real omo yoruba**
She just mentioned 6 assumed, wat abt our girls who have slept with 10 different men?? Or our guys who hv slept with 20 differnt women. Most of us has done worst than this girl d only difference is dat she opened up

2 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by HalimaSadiya(f): 11:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Hausa Men All The Way kiss <3 <3 They are not insecure at all ! Lies. angry

2 Likes

Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by bitchcrafts: 11:54am On Jun 23, 2016
umehmj:
lol...my experience with dating a Ghanaian babe

Ghanaian babes see worship naija guys literally. to them it is like hooking a yanky
dude. the babe was all over me. she will call on the phone and i will speak with her, her sisters, her parents (to my surprise ) and indeed to the whole of tema that cares to talk to this naija dude.

they are so needy: the babe follows me bumper to bumper on all social platforms and always tagging me like in all her uploads. if any babe comments on my pix na cry be that. she doesn't waste in pikin fights with my female friends.

again, they are pretty cheap to manage. all that an average ghanian babe wants is to come and see Lagos and probably go to whizkid and psquares shows. My Ghanaian babe travelled all the way from tema to come see me and most importantly to see Lagos. guess how much it cost me? ....it cost me just an invite. shikina. but heh, i did gave her a great time and memories.

i ran when she got back to Ghana. dunno how it happened but every babe in tema was calling for an invite to come see lagos, psquare and whizkid. what's up with them and whizkid and psquare sef

where is lalasticlala?
This guy told every single bit of the story. Believe him!
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by VICTORCIZA(m): 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
stinggy:
That was too disrespectful man
really
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by embee3(m): 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
ForeverYoung197:
If these we're true according to their tribes, then I shall seek for a calabar guy grin

Yeah. . . we are that GOOD. Lucky you, you don't need to search for one anymore. I'll like to offer myself.
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by tollyboy5(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Abeg yoruba guys are soft hearted but love flexing life every body is honest & cheaters are found in every tribe may b because lagos is very popular that's y it seem its all about dem always. Some said its because of islam, plz religion has nothing 2 do wit dis they are many muslims that are not yoruba & are different from us in every ways. At least I'm sure yoruba give birth 2 lesser children from a lady than other tribe & they don't usually quest for male child like d odas, dat has nothing 2 do with culture and I don't think culture asked us 2 get married 2 many females
Re: What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men by bukatyne(f): 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Caleycash:
Hope you will tell that to God, when ur in hell... no be only Diplomatic, bloody liars everywhere!!

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha!

Worry about your self first. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex With Married Woman Flees Unclad (Photo) / Dear Nigerian Ladies, If Your Boyfriend Does These, Dump Him - Busty Slay Queen / How Do I Convince This Girl To Accept My Proposal.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.