Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Messi Becomes Argentina’s All-time Record Goal-scorer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Becomes Argentina’s All-time Record Goal-scorer (590 Views)

Breaking: Bet9ja Might Be In Serious Debt Over Goal Scorer Stake / Messi Becomes First Player To Score 6 Consecutive Outside Box Freekicks In La Li / Salah On Course To Beat PL Record Goal Total (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Messi Becomes Argentina’s All-time Record Goal-scorer by Newsbreakers: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
Lionel Messi became Argentina's all-time record goal-scorer as the two-time world champions outclassed USA 4-0 to reach the Copa America Centenario final.

Messi achieved the feat as he curled in a magnificent 32nd-minute free-kick to take his total to 55 goals.

The five-time world player of the year has now scored five goals in this Copa America as he aims to lead Argentina to their first major title in 23 years.

The Barcelona forward was also the chief architect as he created Argentina's opening goal for Ezequiel Lavezzi and was involved in the build-up for their third, scored by Gonzalo Higuain in the 50th minute. Messi then assisted for Higuain's second four minutes from time.

"We've been playing well from day one and we deserve to be in the final," Messi said.

Messi, who has now surpassed Gabriel Batistuta's 54 goals, added: "I'm happy to have the record, and I'm happy to play with the teammates that have made it possible. I owe it to them."

Argentina will now face either Chile or Colombia in Sunday's final at East Rutherford, New Jersey - their third major final in three years after reaching the finals of the 2015 Copa America and 2014 World Cup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Becomes Argentina’s All-time Record Goal-scorer by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
I love this guy......his music never fades
Re: Messi Becomes Argentina’s All-time Record Goal-scorer by chikweezy(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
I think at dis point we just nid to give d guy the credit he deserves...he now surely is d greatest player of all time. I min, its no mean feat to actually make it to d summit of three major international tournaments in consecutive years. Stuff of Legends!!

(1) (Reply)

1.30odd For Today / How Football Stars Will Look Like In The Next 10years.....lolz / UEFA Best Player Award: Lionel Messi Misses Out, As Gareth Bale & Antoinne Griez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.