Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Is Satan Genuinely Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Satan Genuinely Evil? (2054 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by exu(m): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2006
Or has Satan simply been a victim of bad PR?

I ask because I can't think of anything that would explain how a being, very much like us, can be blamed for all the evil that we see.

What has Satan done to deserve such hatred?

Where is the evidence that Satan even exists?

Is Satan not entitled to our love and forgiveness- does the Bible not say that we should continue to forgive and that we should love our enemy?
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by whiteroses(f): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2006
to hell with dat fuc@k satan.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Drusilla(f): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2006
LOL,

Right on Whiteroses.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
[size=13pt]Crazy human beings! angry, how dare you insult satan king of kings and the lord of lords of the world?,ain't you just realise your sick speeches concerning the great one?[/size]
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
I'm desperately trying again and again to believe that this ogaga guy is actually just joking with all this, it's too much jo.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2009
[size=13pt]This is not a joke my dear,real people dont hide their Identity[/size]
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Maykelly(f): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2009
exu:

Or has Satan simply been a victim of bad PR?

I ask because I can't think of anything that would explain how a being, very much like us, can be blamed for all the evil that we see.

What has Satan done to deserve such hatred?

Where is the evidence that Satan even exists?

Is Satan not entitled to our love and forgiveness- does the Bible not say that we should continue to forgive and that we should love our enemy?

you may kiss satan kiss kiss kiss kiss many kiss kiss kiss kiss to him to see how Genuinely Evil your love and your forgiveness can be for him grin good luck exu
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by posakosa(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
Yes, Satan is truly evil. James Bassey is the Devil.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by jagunlabi(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2009
Very interesting question,this.Satan only seem to have incurred so much bad rap just because he rebelled against a bloodthirsty,tyrannical and fascist god like yahweh.That was all he did,just rebel against a monster.
The monster(yahweh),on the other hand,remain the good guy.What a twisted world.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Maykelly(f): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2009
Woe to you that choose to obey satan by disobeying Almighty Jehovah!
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2009
When you look at the entire Bible, you will not find one EVIL deed performed by Satan. He was accused of deceiving man to eat the fruit of knowledge, but the devil did not lie, he only told eve the truth. Besides God did not punish the Devil for that act, he only punished the serpent which allowed Satan to take over his body. The only other place Satan did something Bad was in the case of Job, where he punished Job, but it was with the full permission of God. Also Satan was said to have tempted Jesus, but refused the enticements of having the whole world ( as the whole world belongs to Satan).

The Major crime attributed to Satan is rebelling against God in heaven. But Satan must have had serious grievances against God, or else he would not have had so many followers from Gods angels. Maybe God was too autocratic and Satan and the angels wanted democracy, or maybe their condition of service was not good enough.

I think most of the time it is the agents of Satan that misbehaves and the whole blame is heaped on Satan, just like the followers of Christ misbehaves a lot, but the blame does not go to Jesus.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2009
[size=13pt]I have never heard of anything that is as evil as the god of the bible.

If the Judaeo-Christian god does exist, then there is evidence enough that he did not create the Universe and is actually a lesser god, and tried to steal worship and followers for himself. . . much as he claims Satan did. cheesy cheesy
In the Bible, I've found nothing "evil" about Satan  shocked . He's the one that always offered true freewill and always offered a choice without threatening to kill you if you don't pick the right option.

God, on the otherhand, was painted as a truly disturbed and sick monster. Killing everything from goats to entire civilizations. Not to mention condemning his own creatitons to an eternity of suffering. I don't know how Christians got that confused with love  embarassed  .  Sounds as though you have chosen the loosing side. I don't think being in Death Jesus presence will be quite what you hoped for.
Eve died, as you will. and im suppose what you are saying is logical because the ones whom wrote the bible definitely did not have God in mind but the Devil.  grin  grin
i know in my heart your right,ill follow satan till gods destruction for what it did to all of us .
[/size]
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ascony(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2009
@ wirinet. that was a great insight
@ogaga4luv are u a nigerian?
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by mchenry(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ogaga how would you feel if a creation of yours tries to undermine your authority?
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2009
mchenry:

@ogaga how would you feel if a creation of yours tries to undermine your authority?

I know you directed the question at ogaga, Please let me give you my own views.

If my creation ( because i begot, feed, and in fact is responsible for all his need) like my son should undermine my authority by eating a fruit i forbid him to eat, I will curse him, beat the living daylight out of him and drive in into the streets to sleep under Oshodi bridge. It does not matter he is less than 5 yrs old because Adam and Eve were younger that 5 yrs on earth when God drove them away from home.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by jagunlabi(m): 11:13am On Aug 05, 2009
What sort of an incompetent god would create what will undermine him in the first place?
mchenry:

Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by jagunlabi(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2009
You forgot to add barnishment to eternity of suffering in hellfire for good measure.A very loving father indeed.
wirinet:

If my creation ( because i begot, feed, and in fact is responsible for all his need) like my son should undermine my authority by eating a fruit i forbid him to eat, I will curse him, beat the living daylight out of him and drive in into the streets to sleep under Oshodi bridge. It does not matter he is less than 5 yrs old because Adam and Eve were younger that 5 yrs on earth when God drove them away from home.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Maykelly(f): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2009
Qtopic:

Satan is Evil and command his followers to kill. ANy one who kill one another for the sake of his god is devilish and a killer.

We do not FIGHT for Almighty Jehovah God, neither Prophets nor messenger. Hence those who try doing that will be Physically be blind on their way. Quote me.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
May kelly:

Qtopic:

Satan is Evil and command his followers to kill. ANy one who kill one another for the sake of his god is devilish and a killer.

We do not FIGHT for Almighty Jehovah God, neither Prophets nor messenger. Hence those who try doing that will be Physically be blind on their way. Quote me.

Please Madam, kindly furnish us with the book, chapter and verse where Satan made such a command.
Thank you for your anticipated education.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by jagunlabi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2009
That sounds much more like old nasty yahweh/jehovah.When did you guys change yahweh's name to SATAN?
May kelly:

Qtopic:

Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Tonyet1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ wirinet, Jagunlabi and Ogaga4luv

reading thru' ya'll posts, you make me laff out at how much immatured peeps like you could be sometimes, God is a spirit and hence all his creations including you and i,

now it takes good spiritual insight to hear and know a spirit and how they fxn, trying to judge a spirit from a carnal(physical ) point of view will only make man so engrossed in confusion and much fiasco

no one has seen God and likewise the devil, a mango tree doesnt need to come and tell u its a mango tree, by its fruit you'll know it, now that is how it is with divinty and its cellestials

GOD:- is not what you know or think He is by reading the bible on surface view, to know God, try and understand how he related with man, his intention for man since creation and how man fell and the realtionship contd.Biblical accounts show us that after the fall, man's heart became abrutly wicked and how else do you want a pure divinity to deal and relate with a filthy humanity like our ancestors?, wisdom and patience my friends,wisdom and patience!. Purity is God's nature and for each time he tried relating with man, there was always a provokation of his internal nature to destroy that which was dirty. Now see it this way: have u guys ever tried removing your football from a very filthy gutter and on bringing the ball, you got a splash of the gutter fluid on your mouth, WHAT DID YOU DO?, did you swallow it becos you wanted to show you were a humble and tough guy?pls tell me the truth?. Now if your answers were in my affirmative, then this is a very similar scenarion with God and man.(if not for christ and his redemption)

SATAN:- to know the origin of a thing, then check its starting, from biblical account, the devil's first official appearance began with DECEPTION, meaning his nature is deception and deceptive. the devil shows forht everyday and seconds, the problem with the carnal man is that we are too busy to recognise his tricks before the trouble surfaces. Man's problem is ignorance and nothing more!believe me. again in the beginning of the second phase of the bible(new testament) the devil came again, just the same way he subtly crept to eve but this time to Jesus, and Chrsit really proved to Him that he understands his tricks. and what evil can there be more than deception i ask, deception brought mankind to this mess ans its still giving man so much overdose of its aftermath.what else do you want me to say if not on HOW EVIL dEVIL can be

wake up

. .
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2009
tonye-t:

@ wirinet, Jagunlabi and Ogaga4luv

reading thru' ya'll posts, you make me laff out at how much immatured peeps like you could be sometimes, God is a spirit and hence all his creations including you and i,

now it takes good spiritual insight to hear and know a spirit and how they fxn, trying to judge a spirit from a carnal(physical ) point of view will only make man so engrossed in confusion and much fiasco

no one has seen God and likewise the devil. . .

Tonye, it is very uncouth for you for throw insults around, it shows you are immature, insecure and unable to contribute to the discussions. You are getting really emotional.

If no one had ever seen God or the Devil, why do so many people claim to see God or devil, hear messages from God or Devil, and sometimes seems to know the mind of God or Devil, when they do not even know the minds of their family members who they wake up with every morning. Some take it further by commanding God or Devil to carry out their wishes.

If May kelly does not show us where Satan ordered anybody to be killed, I will be ask Ogaga (as chief agent of Satan) to institute Libel charges against her. I would suggest Ogaga asks for a compensation of $1,000,000,000 or special permission from Jehovah for Satan to deal with her( as was with the case of Job).
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Tonyet1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
@wirinet,

my friend, i never insulted anyone but only expressed the level of your knowledge about God in that word i used "immatured", immature means someone is not matured in a certain topic or topics as the case may be, but rather you're the one turning it into a gallore of insults hmmmmm i reserve my comments

comer to think of it anyway, the way you just read and misinterpreted my post is supposedly the same way you do to the bible, and no wonder you come here making funny comments out of your beautiful but logical brain wink grin

peace bro, i love you grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
tonye-t ,
My browser only initially displayed the first three lines of your last post, so i did not see your full comments.

tonye-t:

[color=#000099]
GOD:- is not what you know or think He is by reading the bible on surface view, to know God, try and understand how he related with man, his intention for man since creation and how man fell and the realtionship contd.Biblical accounts show us that after the fall, man's heart became abrutly wicked and how else do you want a pure divinity to deal and relate with a[b] filthy humanity like our ancestors?,[/b] wisdom and patience my friends,wisdom and patience!. Purity is God's nature and for each time he tried relating with man, there was always a provokation of his internal nature to destroy that which was dirty. Now see it this way: have u guys ever tried removing your football from a very filthy gutter and on bringing the ball, you got a splash of the gutter fluid on your mouth, WHAT DID YOU DO?, did you swallow it becos you wanted to show you were a humble and tough guy?pls tell me the truth?. Now if your answers were in my affirmative, then this is a very similar scenarion with God and man.(if not for christ and his redemption)

SATAN:- to know the origin of a thing, then check its starting, from biblical account, the devil's first official appearance began with DECEPTION, meaning his nature is deception and deceptive. the devil shows forht everyday and seconds, the problem with the carnal man is that we are too busy to recognise his tricks before the trouble surfaces. Man's problem is ignorance and nothing more!believe me. again in the beginning of the second phase of the bible(new testament) the devil came again, just the same way he subtly crept to eve but this time to Jesus, and Chrsit really proved to Him that he understands his tricks. and what evil can there be more than deception i ask, deception brought mankind to this mess ans its still giving man so much overdose of its aftermath.what else do you want me to say if not on HOW EVIL dEVIL can be

wake up

I take exception to the bold statement, if your ancestors ( including grand parents, great grand parents and great great grand partents) were filthy, mine were not. My ancestors lived in perfect harmony with their environment, other people and other plants and animals in their environment. I am very proud of my ancestors.

You said Satan began with DECEPTION. Please explain how Satan Deceived Adam and Eve. Satan told them the Truth, that the fruit was not poison that will kill them, but will give then knowledge God did not want them to have. After eating the fruit, did'nt they acquire knowledge. If eating the fruit was so important to God, why did he not explain the consequences of eating it properly to Adam and Eve.

You should be grateful to Satan, or you will still be walking around naked like a baboon.

Again the Devil did not Deceive Jesus, he only tried to BRIBE him, to following and worshiping him. After all it is common knowledge that the world had been handed over to him.  Devil did not use threats to try and get Jesus to his side. He tried to offer him bribe and he refuse. And there is no consequence for refusing Satan's bribes, he just leaves you alone. It is Jehovah that uses threats of fire and brimstone to get converts.

Is that the EVIL you people are accusing Satan of? - DECEPTION.  Even in a lowly human court, such allegations would not hold water.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
tonye-t ,
My browser only initially displayed the first three lines of your last post, so i did not see your full comments.

tonye-t:

GOD:- is not what you know or think He is by reading the bible on surface view, to know God, try and understand how he related with man, his intention for man since creation and how man fell and the realtionship contd.Biblical accounts show us that after the fall, man's heart became abrutly wicked and how else do you want a pure divinity to deal and relate with a[b] filthy humanity like our ancestors?,[/b] wisdom and patience my friends,wisdom and patience!. Purity is God's nature and for each time he tried relating with man, there was always a provokation of his internal nature to destroy that which was dirty. Now see it this way: have u guys ever tried removing your football from a very filthy gutter and on bringing the ball, you got a splash of the gutter fluid on your mouth, WHAT DID YOU DO?, did you swallow it becos you wanted to show you were a humble and tough guy?pls tell me the truth?. Now if your answers were in my affirmative, then this is a very similar scenarion with God and man.(if not for christ and his redemption)

wake up

I take exception to the bold statement, if you say ancestors were filthy, mine were not. My ancestors lived in perfect harmony with their environment, other people and other plants and animals in their environment. I am very proud of my ancestors.

You said Satan began with DECEPTION. Please explain how Satan Deceived Adam and Eve. Satan told them the Truth, that the fruit was not poison that will kill them, but will give then knowledge God did not want them to have. After eating the fruit, did'nt they acquire knowledge. If eating the fruit was so important to God, why did he not explain the consequences of eating it properly to Adam and Eve.

You should be grateful to Satan, or you will still be walking around naked like a baboon.

Again the Devil did not Deceive Jesus, he only tried to BRIBE him, to following and worshiping him. After all it is common knowledge that the world had been handed over to him.  Devil did not use threats to try and get Jesus to his side. He tried to offer him bribe and he refuse. And there is no consequence for refusing Satan's bribes, he just leaves you alone. It is Jehovah that uses threats of fire and brimstone to get converts.

Is that the EVIL you people are accusing Satan of? - DECEPTION.  Even in a lowly human court, such allegations would not hold water.

tonye-t:

[color=#000099]@wirinet,

my friend, i never insulted anyone but only expressed the level of your knowledge about God in that word i used "immatured", immature means someone is not matured in a certain topic or topics as the case may be, but rather you're the one turning it into a gallore of insults hmmmmm i reserve my comments

comer to think of it anyway, the way you just read and misinterpreted my post is supposedly the same way you do to the bible, and no wonder you come here making funny comments out of your beautiful but logical brain wink grin

peace bro, i love you  grin cheesy cheesy

Thanks Tonye, that is the beauty of the world, we all have different colour, different languages, different beliefs, etc. It would be a boring world indeed if we all have the same looks, the same language and believe the same God.

Real LOVE is loving someone in spite of his looks, language, tribe or religion. One of my best friend is an alfa, his father was the 5th in muslim hierarchy in Lagos, and he knows my stand on Religion, but we have remained friends for over 35yrs and our love for each other had not diminished.

So Peace,  i love you too.Hope my wife does not read this,   cheesy
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by wirinet(m): 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
tonye-t

Sorry, i did not see you are a guy, i do not know why i felt you are a girl. I am trying to do to many things at the same time. Disregard, the last part of my last post
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Nezan(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
You guys joke about things you ought not to. The devil is a liar.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
[size=13pt]@Ascony
  yeah,ofcox im a Nigerian,a proud one indeed smiley
@mchenry
  Thats a nice question ,iw answer it clearly like this,peherp's it would be very wrong to see your own hand work disobeying and going against your will,for instance if i were to be a potter and the clay sand i using to mode must definately Obey my hand's-in which ever direction or shape i want it',the clay sand have right ,to rather prefer to be in a spoon shape?instead,the pot shape.
This cant be compered to God has an exsisting entity?,i cant just cusciously get involved in all these many strange madness thinking  someone in responsible and the creator of this world and after finish the creation ,he disappear forever.,and never prove's his/her exsistance?.think about this yourself!,tell me where have you seen a person that construct houses and mansion's but never care to live therein'later someone came to you and said you only one man own's all the many houses but the man is hiding somewhere no one knows about-"but not died". sad -can you believe??.
The only record about the owner is a written story by another person,but i still dont get what this world is turning into,i know the term"God" was created by human beings(White men) -which created religion,i dont accept to whorship a someone who has been a great confussion in the entire human race,big disease!.,a superficial God hiding somewhere above in the sky which sometimes have three body,sometimes,Two and again one in person,"Trinity"-and still the most funniest is the freaky story about that guy"Jesus" the jewish cultist who chooses to rebel against living society.and later on was killed,and now-another story claiming he was ressurrected in the 3rd day after his burial?,and descended into somewhere in the sky.i "Ogaga" is not path of these many misunderstanding these unseen god is causing-we must learn to understand if not,we can never stand my dear readers,i dont care how you feel about me but if the God still claim  is the creator of the world and the owner of every living being then let's see real prove's?,remember-spirituality is real. but i dont want when a specific religion claiming the death jesus is still messing alive! and even himself is the God;the messiah.,and i read in the bible where it was stated he's coming so soon,but since his death is more than two thousand year's now-where is him?.
What a Revelation. . .?!?
[/size]
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Maykelly(f): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2009
@topic Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? and poster

woe to you - for u've chosen to be perish forever! Woe!!!!!!!!!!!!

@wirinet , pls i have no biz with that for ever fool "Devil,satan,complete fool forever grin grin grin grin grin grin WOE to u all that serve him grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:04am On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]Why asking. . .If Satan is Evil, he got his reasons , maybe you go blame your God and all his so called followers accussing him falsely. [/size]
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by jagunlabi(m): 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2009
If satan is yahweh in a biblical disguise(which might just be the case), then he is quite evil.
Re: Is Satan Genuinely Evil? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Jokes / Christians Tithing Is Illegal From A Jewish Perspective. / Y Was D Statue Of Jesus Burnt By Thunder If Truly He Is D Lod?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.