Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud (9800 Views)

Bola Tinubu Visits Murtala Nyako In Abuja (Photos) / Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua & Nyako In Makkah For Hajj, 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by olokfor: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
The EFCC on June 22, 2016 arraigned Ja’afaru Maliki, an aide to former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, along with Vwapamkai Bafyau, director of Rural Access Mobility Project/World Bank; Farouk Abdullahi Tarja, director, Civil Works; James Zarma and Suleiman Mohammed, both deputy permanent secretaries, and Mamman Malgwi, a permanent secretary, before Justice Balkisu Aliyu of a Federal High Court, Yola, Adamawa State.

They are facing a nine-count charge bordering on procurement fraud and diversion of funds to the tune of N700 million. The funds were meant for the development of the Yola bye-pass Phase 1 road project awarded to Nasser & Associate Global International Limited.

A group, Adamawa Awareness for Change had petitioned the EFCC, which subsequently investigated the allegation of fraud and misappropriation of funds levelled against them. The accused pleaded “not guilty”, when the charges were read to them, and were afterwards granted bail. Justice Aliyu has adjourned their trial to October 26, 27 and 28

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-efcc-arraigns-former-gov-nyakos.html

1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by philGeo(m): 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
Are my people serious?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
I love this president. May God grant him good health so he can keep going after thieves. GEJ saw the future by conceding defeat, if not, he might be sharing the same cell with Nnamdi Kanu right now grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by crazymommy(f): 12:08am On Jun 23, 2016
wastedsperm:
I love this president. May God grant him good health so he can keep going after thieves. GEJ saw the future by conceding defeat, if not, he might be sharing the same cell with Nnamdi Kanu right now grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=crazymommy post=46835547][/quote]

angry
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by adediranta(m): 12:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Arrest them all

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by CR77(f): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2016
GEJ my Hero
wastedsperm:
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Womanitarian(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2016
IPOB yoots!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Orikinla(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2016
olokfor:
The EFCC on June 22, 2016 arraigned Ja’afaru Maliki, an aide to former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, along with Vwapamkai Bafyau, director of Rural Access Mobility Project/World Bank; Farouk Abdullahi Tarja, director, Civil Works; James Zarma and Suleiman Mohammed, both deputy permanent secretaries, and Mamman Malgwi, a permanent secretary, before Justice Balkisu Aliyu of a Federal High Court, Yola, Adamawa State.

They are facing a nine-count charge bordering on procurement fraud and diversion of funds to the tune of N700 million. The funds were meant for the development of the Yola bye-pass Phase 1 road project awarded to Nasser & Associate Global International Limited.

A group, Adamawa Awareness for Change had petitioned the EFCC, which subsequently investigated the allegation of fraud and misappropriation of funds levelled against them. The accused pleaded “not guilty”, when the charges were read to them, and were afterwards granted bail. Justice Aliyu has adjourned their trial to October 26, 27 and 28

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/photos-efcc-arraigns-former-gov-nyakos.html

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by sojayy(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Naija which way ? Naija bad !
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Qmerit(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2016
Some one should help me with the name of his party! I have forgotten!!!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Lamzee(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Them no dey fear?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by rhymaholic: 8:46am On Jun 23, 2016
Why October? October is far. The judiciary is our problem.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by adenine02: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2016
and na northerner dem b

if na Igbo or yoruba

fayoshit for don start to shout

God bless PMB

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by adenine02: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Qmerit:
Some one should help me with the name of his party! I have forgotten!!!

dem b APC!

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Nellybank(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Why is EFC getting so busy under this buhari government. I opine they should also be probed
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Houseofglam7(f): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2016
And the witch hunt continues

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Young03(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2016
iam tired of this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by mrvitalis(m): 8:52am On Jun 23, 2016
When they share our money they don't even think of the tribe they come from and how poor their people are... .
So why use tribe to defend them
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by adenine02: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Nellybank:
Why is EFC getting so busy under this buhari government. I opine they should also be probed

Nelly court dey far frm ur house?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by adenine02: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Houseofglam7:
And the witch hunt continues

my sister nyako na APC na

so wic one b d wizard hunting way u dey talk?

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by vickylincon(m): 8:55am On Jun 23, 2016
Good
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Ademusiwa1: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2016
N
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Ayomi088(m): 8:58am On Jun 23, 2016
OK
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by georgecso(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2016
No much comment to read because they are abokis... if na people from B... now comment for full

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by Adesiji77: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Too many multimillion naira frauds in this country...na only Naija waka come? angry
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by dionpholly(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2016
Everyday nah fraud news, God and pmb go catch them all (polithiefcians)
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by mrnuur(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2016
How can you see them on threads like this??

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by arobest10(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Aregbe is next
Re: EFCC Arraigns Nyako’s Aide And Others Over 700 Million Naira Fraud by arobest10(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Aregbe is next

(1) (2) (Reply)

(breaking News)radio Biafra Releases Buharis Real Picture And Jubril's Pictures / How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy! / Tinubu Loses Lagos, Rivers And Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.