Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election (33331 Views)

Fayose Threatens To Sue Osinbajo, Demands Panel Report On SGF Lawal & NIA DG / NDA Split, Breakaway Faction Promises To Expose Those Behind Attacks On.. / We Will Poison Our Water, Fayose Threatens Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by Greenbullet(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
The Ekiti State governor, Ayo Fayose, has threatened to name those who financed his governorship election in 2014 if they fail to stand up to the harassment of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

In a statement in response to EFCC’s allegation that he benefited from the illegal largesse from the office of the National Security Adviser under Sambo Dasuki, Mr. Fayose, on Wednesday, gave indications as to the sources of finances for his election.

According to him, Zenith Bank Plc largely funded his election, along with friends and associates who donated to his campaign.

The EFCC, in justifying its restriction on the account of the governor, said it had traced funds from the office of the NSA to the accounts of Mr. Fayose and, Musiliu Obanikoro, who is a former Minister of State for Defence.

The commission said the funds, amounting to about N4.7billion, was moved from accounts operated by two of Mr. Obanikoro’s sons where it was transferred to Mr. Fayose’s Zenith Bank account.
But the governor denied the allegation, saying he had no link with monies from the NSA’s office for which Mr. Dasuki and other leaders in the last PDP government are currently facing trial.

“I wish to state further that if it becomes evidently clear that those who willingly provided money for my election can no longer stand by what they did, may be because of threat from the EFCC, I will not hesitate to name names,” he said.

The governor also hinted that the bank only last week collected the identity card of Abiodun Agbele, the holder of the account through which it funded his campaign, in desperation to perfect the account apparently after submitting to the harassment of the EFCC.
“I must say it categorically that I don’t have any link financially with Obanikoro and I know as a fact that he (Obanikoro) has not; and cannot mention my name, as beneficiary of whatever money any company in which he has interest could have gotten from the ONSA if truly Obanikoro collected money from the ONSA as being claimed by the EFCC,” the governor declared.
“Therefore, bringing Obanikoro and his son’s narrative or that the Zenith Bank is telling different stories, having been blackmailed and coerced into submission by the EFCC is a joke that will not fly.”
Mr. Fayose also alleged that the bank opened the account for the purpose of the election, and requested him to present a trusted ally with which it would relate with.
“In actual fact, the account was opened by Zenith Bank hurriedly at that time and Abiodun Agbele’s identity card which ought to have been collected before the account was opened was only collected last week in the bank’s desperation to perfect the account obviously after submitting to the intimidation and harassment of the EFCC,” he said.
The governor described the EFCC’s case against him as “persecution” and a violation of his immunity, urging the anti-graft agency to also beam its searchlights on the funding of the campaigns of the campaigns of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The PDP Governors Forum has rallied behind Mr. Fayose condemning the action of the EFCC, particularly the restriction placed on the governor’s bank account.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/205768-fayose-threatens-to-expose-those-who-funded-his-election.html

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by UAE123(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
I wil b vry happy if gov fayosa can go ahead & mention d names of those dat sponsored its election.

86 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
smiley if fayose is finally nailed, i will buy sharwama for Mynd44, suya for lalasticlala and pay for 2 years web hosting of nairaland on behalf of oga seun as celebration for the demise of the Thug-nor of the state known as the fountain of knowledge. Fayose is an embarrassment to we yoruba people and Nigerians at large. He has successfully dug his political grave in the name of opposition and "I'm not a coward" grin one of his advisers must be an IPOB yoot who sees stupidity as bravery. Aisha don deny fayoshit, Ribadu don clear the air, Zenith bank don avoid am, even tonyebarcanista a PDP supporter is in support of the ice block buhari put on his account. At the end of the day, we shall all laugh at his mumunity and foolishness when he becomes the first governor to be disgraced out of office twice. God bless everybody that voted for buhari cool

303 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by NOC1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Lol, chai this man is seriously going down, as he is drowning even if na broom stick him see he is ready to grab it.
Yes before I forget if you are not a good swimmer please don't near a drowning man unless you're ready to go down with him.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by shugaboy6102(m): 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmm season of Nameswell we are waiting and watching and its winner takes it all...Fayose 0 vs Efcc 1.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by crazymommy(f): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
if fayose truly said this then it is obvious that fayose is now frustrated,sick,afraid and he is having guilty conscience ...he does not want to go down alone which is fine by me...all the yam eaters should go down with him even if zenith bank is involved they should go down with him too...

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by iamDiabolic(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
Fayose is definetly going down,nothing can save him now but a miracle,fayose his definetly not going down alone he is ready to drag anybody down with him.
When he first got elected objmafe sure he ended in jail till he was pardoned.now buhari turn.
Well that doesn't sto aisha buhari from proving herself not to be guilty even though she share same name with 3 of my cousin.
Aisha go nd prove ur self

29 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by MalcoImX: 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hopelessly confused.... Mr Fayose, is Aisha's name on the list?

22 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by adediranta(m): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
where is my mat?

Listening;

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by gen2briz(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Now I can confirm that this man is not just ok and seriously confused.

39 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by dechriscool(m): 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by druboon404: 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
what is he waiting for?..I know sy Gej dey among..

18 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by osymerga(m): 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
This Fayose/FG debacle is gradually getting out of hand...
Something should be done oooo.
Buhari should watch it. He is making this corruption fight as the only agenda now while other sectors suffers. Almost fighting everybody now.
Is that governance ?
How does it help the masses ?
Can the corruption fight be conclusive before 2019 ?
Are people around him saints ?
Thinking.....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by rusher14: 11:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
osymerga:
Buhari should watch it. He is making this corruption fight as the only agenda now while other sectors suffers. Almost fighting everybody now.
Is that governance ?
Thinking.....

Did you not hear the price of a bag of rice has crashed?

Or that the Naira has gained some strength against the dollar?

Did you miss that the Nigerian stock exchange witnessed great investor confidence in the past week?

Please try to look at other news besides politics and anti-corruption.

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by Oliviaxx(f): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
wastedsperm:
smiley if fayose is finally nailed, i will buy sharwama for Mynd44, suya for lalasticlala and i will pay for 2years web hosting of nairaland on behalf of oga seun as celebration for the demise of the Thug-nor of the state known as the fountain of knowledge. Fayose is an embarrassment to we yoruba people and Nigerians at large. He has successfully dug his political grave in the name of opposition and "I'm not a coward" grin one of his advisers must be an IPOB yoot who sees stupidity as bravery. Aisha don deny fayoshit, Ribadu don clear the air, Zenith bank don avoid am, even tonyebarcanista a PDP supporter is in support of the ice block buhari put on his account. At the end of the day, we shall all laugh at his mumunity and foolishness when he becomes the first governor to be disgraced out of office twice. God bless everybody that voted for buhari cool

Dear Sir,
Would your fingers have broken off if you had typed all of the above without mentioning IPOB?...and looking at ur moniker,i can only smh

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose my 'roll' model.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Oliviaxx:

Dear Sir,
Would your fingers have broken off if you had typed all of the above without mentioning IPOB?...and looking at ur moniker,i can only smh

Sweetheart u are too beautiful to be an IPOB yoot. grin marry me and i will make u my first lady when i become a councillor

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:33am On Jun 23, 2016
“In actual fact, the account was opened by Zenith Bank hurriedly at that time and Abiodun Agbele’s identity card which ought to have been collected before the account was opened was only collected last week in the bank’s desperation to perfect the account obviously after submitting to the intimidation and harassment of the EFCC,”

Fayose has gone mad again

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by easymanofdpeopl(m): 1:35am On Jun 23, 2016
That is Good. IFAYOYISE has become a Good boy ohh Good man
Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by contactlenz: 1:49am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose the Unchained mad dog ~~~~ Aisha Buhari 2016

15 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by dammytosh: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2016
osymerga:
Is that governance ?
Thinking.....

What masses ?

Masses should be eating rice , tomato and buy fuel while they steal to build refineries, import rice to sell to us and a tomato paste factory.

Corruption fight is independent of any policy.

Magu is not the Finance Minister or Power Minister.

So stop hiding under perishable items the masses want to derail the anti corrupting fight.

A Professor in a University as at January 2015 is on CONUASS 7 (N4,580,349 – N6,020,163.00) per annum.

Let us take the highest boundary 6,020,163.00.

Fayose a usless OND drop out collected approximately 1,200,000,000.00 and put it in his personal account.

So a Nigerian Professor will earn that money in 199 years. If Government decide to continue to pay him even after death.

So face your rice and let them pay subsidy for you so you pay 30naira per litre and On your Gen. angry

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by DaBullIT(m): 7:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Two says ago

I said Fayose reminds me of Yinka Ayefele's song Ilu ti yi Orin ti channngi oooo

Meaning The beat has changed , so the dance step has changed

How it relates to Fayose ??

He's always changing his speech , from Buhari will die , to Buhari is sick , to Buhari is mad, to Aisha Buhari is a scammer

I said he will change his tune before the end of the week , now he's threatening to expose the person who sponsored his election

Spoiler alert ,

who would it be other than Clueless JoeSatan ??

And as i also wrote on a previous thread , My comment came after Fayose and his PDP goons said Buhari may have Fayose assasinated

I simply said , if someone was going to assasinate Fayose, it won't be the Buhari's because when the heat is on , Fayose has no loyalty and he will try to pull people down along with him PDP is already in enough trouble as it is , one Fayose will be just a collateral damage

This will happen and you shall all see it because as predicted , Fayose is going down that part

Omenka , tonyebarcanista

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by sauceEEP(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2016
This fayose needs rehab Asap...

1 Like

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by hundredhundred: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2016
osymerga:
Is that governance ?
Thinking.....

Is Buhari the head of EFCC?

25 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by hundredhundred: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2016
dammytosh:

What masses ?

Masses should be eating rice , tomato and buy fuel while they steal to build refineries, import rice to sell to us and a tomato paste factory.

Corruption fight is independent of any policy.

Magu is not the Finance Minister or Power Minister.

So stop hiding under perishable items the masses want to derail the anti corrupting fight.

Dont mind them. They are quick to scream Buhari as if he is the head of EFCC. What has Buhari got to do with the work of EFCC. They complain of hardship and still support criminals while suffering and wasting there stolen MB on nairaland to defend rogues.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by hundredhundred: 7:25am On Jun 23, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
“In actual fact, the account was opened by Zenith Bank hurriedly at that time and Abiodun Agbele’s identity card which ought to have been collected before the account was opened was only collected last week in the bank’s desperation to perfect the account obviously after submitting to the intimidation and harassment of the EFCC,”

Fayose has gone mad again

Lol grin

12 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by edo3(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose didn't behave like omo luabi right from d start..when he was making all sorts of comments against PMB b4 election,,that i believed was normal campaign gimmicks,,but immediately they sworn in PMB,,he should av thread with cautions..He should av been reminded by a yoruba adage that says " ti baata bati nro laro ju,,,osetan to lati ya ni"

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2016
FAYOSE....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by MadCow1: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2016
Who is he threatening?

Himself or Buhari?

10 Likes

Re: Fayose Threatens To Expose Those Who Funded His Election by looseweight: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2016
Okk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Opposes APC Membership Revalidation / Wike Announces Temporary Lifting Of Lockdown For Residents To Restock Foodstuffs / Osun State Workers Protests Unpaid 5months Salaries (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.