Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital (39251 Views)

Roman Goddess Trolls Laura Ikeji For Dumping Her Wig On Bambam's Head / Olumide Babalola Sues Linda Ikeji For 50million Naira - Photos / DonJazzy Stylishly Mocked Linda Ikeji For Being Single(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by legendsmother(f): 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
By Tola Ogundipe

"Mischief makers are at their worst again. Like predatory locusts swarming on a bean farm, they have gathered to pierce at the jugular of Linda Ikeji, the celebrity blogger. No sooner did the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) swoop on Linda’s Banana Island home than her traducers march to town chanting victory songs. Too many of her readers are ecstatic about her recent ordeal in the hands of the FIRS.

According to a source in the FIRS, the celebrity blogger had been evading tax payment, which has amounted to the whooping sum of N75 Million. However, when asked about the purchase of the house, it was disclosed that Linda blatantly denied ownership of the N500 Million luxurious mansion which she allegedly purchased in 2015.

Linda’s denial of ownership of the edifice resonated as sweet melody to her detractors, many of whom she had consciously or unconsciously angered by persistent news of her professional and financial success. Foes of Linda are hauling invectives at her like lances claiming she is a big fraud who gloried in misleading the public about the ownership of the building and her actual financial status. Many of them are of the opinion that Linda should have simply come clean and make everyone understand that she is just a tenant in the building.

Linda’s critics are not ready to soft-pedal on her; they are vigorously attacking Linda every minute and condemning her for the way she openly bragged about the purchase of the building in 2015.

They keep referencing the fact that Linda took to her blog to post the exterior and interior pictures of the luxury apartment calling herself a ‘self-made woman’ and bragging afterwards: “I bought a two-storey luxury house in the exclusive Banana Island area of Ikoyi…and to be honest, I still can’t believe it. It’s everything I prayed my house would be. That’s me standing in front of my house. #ProudSelfMadeWoman.”

But while Linda’s detractors take her to the cleaners over her perceived fraudulence, close friends and associates of the celebrity blogger have risen to her defence. According to them, Linda’s detractors should let her be.

“Instead of attacking a career girl who worked her ass off to attain the greatest height in her chosen career, they should learn to appreciate her fortitude and grace. And if they can’t, let them go and bite a bullet,” said a very close friend of Linda. Indeed, Linda worked very hard to put herself and Nigeria on the world map; rabble rousers should go easy on her.

As you read, the FIRS has slammed Linda with a N75 million fine and the agency has initiated measures to prosecute her in a court of law. These are certainly not the best of times for Linda Ikeji but like they always say, behind every dark pall shines a silver lining."

http://www.thecapital.ng/?p=10169

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by ENDTIMELIFE: 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
Make them leave Linda alone to enjoy her Banana and Groundnut Island house

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cruzita(f): 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
these are trying times

But know that after the heat comes something sweet

17 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by legendsmother(f): 11:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
Yes ooooo was so shocke seein this she's one woman a few if not a lot of bloggers look up to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by shabalistic: 12:02am On Jun 23, 2016
Dont envy or get jealous because you don't know the story, so stop hating and give support to a fellow in time of trouble. So let her be biko

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by sade1994(f): 12:11am On Jun 23, 2016
Eeya!
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by gud4dbest(m): 12:16am On Jun 23, 2016
Ok...next;Linda, wot goes arnd comes arnd!and to those trying hard to bring her down ur moment of shame too is looming!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2016
In as much as I don't really like her ( as of recent ) cos of her feminist stuff , I don't think this news is and will ever be true .
The Op sounds like s/he's happy about it .
She's a very successful woman , and one thing that is certain is that she would have people who wouldn't like to see her smile around her .
So Op , stop hating and find something better to do with your time ...
I've spoken .

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by darmys(f): 12:40am On Jun 23, 2016
MORE DETAILS ON THIS STORY and how Linda got in trouble with them ON http://www.daminaj.com/2016/06/linda-ikeji-reportedly-hit-with75.html

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by legendsmother(f): 1:01am On Jun 23, 2016
@stanleywaxy FYI I don't hate her, wats wif ur tinkin I saw an info nd tot to share nd dat makes me an hater? Dude get a life pls
Nd how do I sound happy abt dis? Read my post I clearly said am shocked cuz I have blogger frnds who look up to her.....false or true this story may b d bottom line is where dere is smoke dere is fire nd if u feel I hate her den ur a joker
#dats all

18 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by slyzy(m): 1:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Wizkid might have come up with the chorus of the track. He may probably be testing the hook and and mini rap for rhymes for the track to be a hit.

Meanwhile, I wish linda success always in her career.

Me: Is the song ready?

Wizkid: Not yet, my producer is advising me against the track

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 23, 2016
Where is the trouble

After the lady don make e money finish... una dey pursue am

After e don type break hand, no sleep una wan chop her money

(In Reekado voice) : Where you dey, when i they awake around 4am

mtcheeew #lindaHaters

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by philGeo(m): 2:29am On Jun 23, 2016
70m, please let them negotiate, but where is our tax money use to go?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by winniz: 5:53am On Jun 23, 2016
So many of us now know what is going on, you lots have been fighting Linda ikeji and the Igbo nation without them having any idea. They are now so desperate, after this Linda ikeji and so many Igbos will have to pull out all their investment in Lagos cheesy

Linda Ikeji sell off that house and move back to the east or you relocate out of that country we are solidly behind you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Stanleywaxy(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2016
legendsmother:
@stanleywaxy FYI I don't hate her, wats wif ur tinkin I saw an info nd tot to share nd dat makes me an hater? Dude get a life pls
Nd how do I sound happy abt dis? Read my post I clearly said am shocked cuz I have blogger frnds who look up to her.....false or true this story may b d bottom line is where dere is smoke dere is fire nd if u feel I hate her den ur a joker
#dats all

9 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by wasco24: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2016
grin
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Brainy007: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Chicken change

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2016
smiley good for her. Let's see how easy it will be for her to pull out 75 million in this harsh economy. Why did she have to short change the system when she was obviously making money and flaunting it on their faces. Wizkid be laughing his ass out now grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by idupaul: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2016
You see
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by codeinecrazy(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2016
Aunty Linda why Na grin
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Youngzedd(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2016
E don set.

Some things are better left unsaid, but not for Linda.

None of my business sha.

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by goodlifehyd(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2016
winniz:
So many of us now know what is going on, you lots have been fighting Linda ikeji and the Igbo nation without them having any idea. They are now so desperate, after this Linda ikeji and so many Igbos will have to pull out all their investment in Lagos cheesy

Linda Ikeji sell off that house and move back to the east or you relocate out of that country we are solidly behind you.
And she will evade tax in the country she's traveling to also ba? Some people can't stop reasoning like unripe mango

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Acidosis(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2016
They should not forget to go after all the Yoruba and Arewa bloggers as well. I can name 20 popular ones for proper references.

They shouldn't forget to go after all the Lagos based celebrities including Wizkid, P-Square, etc.

Failure to do that would make FIRS look stup!d.

I'm not Igbo by the way, but I'm not f00lish. Until we learn to do things fairly and rightly in this part of the world, we'd always be the animals that we are.

Just recently in the US, fire fighters traced a Nigerian Oba. That's how credible agencies work, they don't work like animals and visionless remotely controlled wanderers.

The sensible ones should know the reason for these troubles. Just because Linda accepted PDP sponsored ads doesn't make her a criminal. She has done nothing differently from Olamide, Ice Prince and other celebrities who featured in the Ambode campaign songs. But HELL NO; Foolishness won't make us think.

20 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2016
ENDTIMELIFE:
Make them leave Linda alone to enjoy her Banana and Groundnut Island house
This is typically Nigerian problem

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Dpharisee: 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
She got a lot of money from PDP to run adverts for them; so it seems APC has come for her now like the others who supported PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Linda Ikeji and tax evasion

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by visijo(m): 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
make them free the girl na.... This government sef... They wan give wizkid joy
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
They wan wreck the Lady

Does Saraki pay Tax angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by emmykk(m): 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
after linda pay N70million,davido go pay,don jazzy go pay,whizkid nor kukuma get house before,2baba go pay,i go die go pay,basket mouth go pay and alibaba go pay.

and tinubu when get lagos never pay N1

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by deebsman1(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2016
And later u guys will be complaining Nigeria is this, is that. Is Spain not prosecuting Messi for tax evasion, did anybody shouts witch-hunt or taking anybody down? Is brazil or so not presently trying Neymar for same tax evasion?? Former Bayern Munich president or so is also being tried for tax evasion, so tax evasion is a worldwide big offence.

In Nigeria actually a lot of people don't pay taxes appropriately true true, but yet they keep it low key, but as for Linda and other yeyebrities, this will serve as a lesson for them that they should stop flaunting.

Even many of those things they flaunts are not actually theirs, not up to what they are actually making it to look like or whatever, now even Linda is coming out plain now that the house is not hers, what a funny episode

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by miqos02(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2016
Yawa

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ini Edo Returns To Nollywood After Political Appointment / Charly Boy Embarks On "Solo Protest" Alone To The Presidential Villa (pics, Vid) / Rechael Okonkwo Celebrates Her 34th Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.