Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (420 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today by Skyfornia(m): 6:13am On Jun 23, 2016
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

THURSDAY, 23RD JUNE.

THEME: TRAINING FOR MASTERY.

OPENING SCRIPTURE: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith (2 Timothy 4:7).

To be a good leader, a successful leader, you have to be well trained. And training isn’t just a onetime thing; it’s a continuous exercise, and the aim of every training is to attain mastery or perfection. Some people believe that as long as they’re in the earth, they’ll just keep learning, without attaining mastery. That’s not what the Word teaches.

The Bible talks about people who are ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:7). That’s not a recommendation.There’s a place of mastery that every Christian should desire to attain. There’re certain things you must perfect before God can permit you to move to higher things in the spirit-realm. And that’s why you have to be trained in the Word.

In Ephesians 4:11-12, the Apostle Paul lists for us the purpose of the fivefold ministry gifts, which the Lord Jesus gave to the Church; it’s for the training or “perfecting” of the saints. It’s so we can attain mastery: “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints....”

Don’t live a life that’s always on “a journey,” in pursuit of the same things, on the same level for years. There’re certain things that you should perfect, and when you do, move to the next level; move to something higher. Success is measured at different levels. As you’re being trained, you can tell whether or not you’re successful by the results you produce on the basis of your current level of training.

The more yielded you are to the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, the faster the process of your training, and the sooner you attain mastery at that level and area of training.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the ministry gifts to the body of Christ, that the Church may be taught, trained, perfected and energized for the work of the ministry. I take advantage of the Word and the blessings of the Spirit, through which I’m trained for a continuous life of victory, success, promotion and greatness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Hebrews 5:12-14
Hebrews 6:1
2 Timothy 3:16-17

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 10:24-48, Ezra 7-8
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Corinthians 8:1-8, Isaiah 10

(1) (Reply)

Musings Of A Concerned Christian. Part 1 / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoo / Our Benefit In Following Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.