Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:00 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5357618 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3052) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hello everyone,

I wanted to start this for women who are still waiting for a child, who have tried for a long time, have suffered miscarriages, still births  and  are trying to find alternative ways of having a child.

In our culture it is really difficult to talk about this as people are ashamed or don't know who to trust  and are just generally confused. I have suffered 2 miscarriages and i am still on this journey i believe that i will  smileybe a mother some day.

We believe in Nigeria after 2 years  and no child you have major issues especially from your village but i know that is not always true.

So please come in let us support one another we can pray together, share ideas  seek advice and get advice  and travel this road together dont suffer in silence don't cry alone anymore let us help each other, until the day we carry our bundle of joy.
(My own bundle of joy was born December 2010 nothing is impossible with God)

186 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pinkylady1(f): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2009
i feel for you poster and my prayer for you is dat in the nearest future u'll carry your own baby and every stumbling block preventing you 4rm carrying your own child will be destroyed in JESUS name Amen.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2009
Thank you pink lady and Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by candylips(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2009
e no easy to born pickin o my sister

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2009
Hey sis,am wit u in dis, lets just hav faith, live like normal nd blive d lite is goin 2 shine soon.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by candylips(m): 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
undecided
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2009
Hi venuss, hope you are doing good yes we just have to have hope and wait.
Candylips, why the face? and yes it is not easy at all are you married?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:57am On Sep 16, 2009
The best is to forget about it, one day it will come naturally. l am there, l know its not easy to forget it, but thats the sure way to go about it.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by candylips(m): 9:26am On Sep 16, 2009
Arlington:

Hi venuss, hope you are doing good yes we just have to have hope and wait.
Candylips, why the face? and yes it is not easy at all are you married?

no am far from beign married cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2009
My peace, everyone handles things diffrently, and i can tell u it is almost impossible to forget about it. the best you can do is look for things to occupy your mind so you can supress it but i am yet to see anyone who just forgets completly.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
Arlington, u are right, but l found out that the more l think of it the more l get fake pregancy symptoms when am about to see my period.   So l think we just have to stop the stress of thinking, though it impossible to be completely forgotten as u said.

How long did it take u to get your period after each of your miscarriages?  l have my first miscarriage in April and got my first  in August.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by candylips(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2009
cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:00am On Sep 18, 2009
hello my peace,
I had my last miscarriage in March and i saw my period in July.It takes a while for your body to get back to Normal.
Have your doctors run tests to see if everything is ok ?Arrgh i hate the fake symptoms it can make one crazy it is funny how these things happen when you want a baby.
Blessed are the women who just get pregnant have healthy babies without knowing what God has done for them.
May we never ever again cast our fruits before the harvest time again.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 18, 2009
great thread and long overdue on NL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 5:02am On Sep 18, 2009
Thank you Tpia, i don't think we should suffer in silence , sometimes a problem shared is a problem half solved cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2009
Arlington:

hello my peace,
I had my last miscarriage in March and i saw my period in July.It takes a while for your body to get back to Normal.
Have your doctors run tests to see if everything is ok ?Arrgh i hate the fake symptoms it can make one crazy it is funny how these things happen when you want a baby.
Blessed are the women who just get pregnant have healthy babies without knowing what God has done for them.

Haa, if l had know this before, l wont have been so stressed as l was when my period refused to show up. l never knew it could take that long, l spent alot in hospital. Trust some doctors, he made me believe something was wrong but could not really see anything, thank God it later came.

My Colleague in the office, had similar thing, her doctor did family planning for her to correct the stuff, till now close to 2years the period still doesnt run. lt runs when shes carrying the IUD, if she removes it, it stops.

Have you heard about this 21 days tip? A friend told me that if a woman gets to age 30, that ovulation changes to day 21 instead of day 14 (However, ovulation depends on the length of the cycle) and preferably position is reentry, which deposits sperm straight to the womb. l dont know how truth it is ooo, but that was what l did and conceive for the first time in life.

The Bible says, we shall never caste our young, or be barren in the Land.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pinkylady1(f): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2009
MyPeace:

Arlington, u are right, but l found out that the more l think of it the more l get fake pregancy symptoms when am about to see my period. So l think we just have to stop the stress of thinking, though it impossible to be completely forgotten as u said.

How long did it take u to get your period after each of your miscarriages? l have my first miscarriage in April and got my first in August.

Arlington:

hello my peace,

My heart goes out to the two, i dont really know wat to say but can only imagine what you are going through.

Just cast your care upon the Lord for he cares for you and he knows what you are going through.

I pray that you two will never experience miscarriages again, by this time next year you will carry your babies in your hand in Jesus name Amen.

13 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FBS: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2009
^AMEN!!! God can do it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by candylips(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2009
yes he can cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
Thank you Pinklady,FBS and candylips(who only says one sentence grin)
I say Amen to all the prayers.
Mypeace, it is just sad that doctors will take advantage of people when they are looking for answers , that was why i decided to post on line .

what ever problem someone has, someone has gone through it before, so there will always be some sort of information that can help.

About that 21day tip i have not heard that oh, i think as long as your period remains the same , it should not shift from 14 to 21, however most research i have looked at say ovulation can occur from day 11 to day 21 just depends on your cycle.

As for the position thing i have heard so many things i think the most ridiculous said after intercourse you should lay your head on the floor but your legs should still be on the bed meaning you are almost standing on your head cheesy so that the sperm can swim faster to the egg!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
hahaha l heard it too plus using your legs to ride bicycle to fasten the swimming process grin  May God hear our prayers.   l am in my 2weeks wait.  Wishing myself plenty Baby Dust and u too tongue wink

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2009
ha meaning we are almost cycle buddies i start my 2 week wait from today baby dust to you too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
Dis is a nice thread. If i may ask, how did y'all to fertility drugs like CLOMID. May the lord cast his countenance on us all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
i meant how did you react to it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2009
hello Aladunni,
i have used clomid 50mg it has little side effects on me i just get hot flashes , as for it stimulating most times i get 3 good follicules measuring anywhere from 14mm to 25mm.
are you just taking clomid on your own or with a doctor ,plus monitoring , i mean ultrasound so you dont hyperstimulate your self.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by candylips(m): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2009
Aladunmi we have heard you cheesy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
hello aladunni,
i have used clomid 50mg and i just had little side effects i had hot flashes.
as for it working for me i normally have 3 good follicles ranging from 14mm to 25mm.
are you just buying it over the counter or your doctor recommended it you have to be careful so you don't hyperstimulate did you do ultrasound while taking it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by empadac: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2009
I am having secondary infertility ( had a child 2 yrs ago).  Hav bn TTC since baby #1 was 10 mnths but no avail.  Have done quite a couple of tests which came out ok.  However, just yesterday, I discovered what the problem is (online research) as hormonal imbalance (thyroid problem). Almost all the symptoms listed is what I have been experiencing since the past 10 months.  I have taken a test just to confirm before starting treatment.  Test will be out in 3 wks but I believe i have come to the end of the problem.  Before baby #1, i waited for two yrs.

Poster, have you done all necessary test.  it is very common among nigerian women to sit idle and lament without seeking medical assistance.  I will advice that while you pray, i encourage you to do the needful by seeing a gyn for proper diagnoisis. Although most of our doctors do not update their knowledge, I will advice that you do research on the internet depending on the symtoms you re having and who knows, you might be able to guess the problem which helps in getting solution to the problem faster.

Peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2009
@Aladuni . Hope you are taking clomid with doctors supervision.

@ all,

my doctor gave me one fertility drug that supposed to make me release quality eggs (dont know the name oo - very unfortunate). l notice that this cycle, when l supposed to ovulate, l somehow felt it, but didnt notice cervical mucus but somehow wetness. Does absence of CM really indicate non-ovulation? l have researched online, some pple say they got pg without visible CM.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
This is the 3rd time i am writting a reply i still cant see it!
Aladunni, i have used clomid i took the 50mg i responded well to it i have most times 3 good follicles measuring anywhere from 14 to 25mm .
Are you taking clomid under doctors orders or just over the counter? Please be careful so you don't hyperstimulate your self as you will need monitoring ie ultrasound while taking clomid.

Empadac yes i have done alot of tests even some i did not need to do and  they cant find anything wrong. i have checked my blood to be sure i don't have blood clots that can cause miscarriages but still nothing , my doctor is  a the leading doctor in infertility and he has told me i should just be patient, as they cant find anything wrong why i am having miscarriages. but i am doing my own little research i have heard of something called natural killer cells that thinks a baby is a foreign body and trys to expel it before it grows. May that not be my portion.

mypeace you can still ovulate without visible  CM .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2009
This is the 3rd time i am writting a reply i still cant see it!
Aladunni, i have used clomid i took the 50mg i responded well to it i have most times 3 good follicules mesuaring anywhere from 14 to 25mm .
Are you taking clomid under doctors orders or just over the counter? Please becareful so you dont hyperstimulate your self as you will need monitoring ie ultrasound while taking clomid.

Empadac yes i have done alot of tests even some i did not need to do and they cant find anything wrong. i have checked my blood to be sure i dont have blood clots that can cause miscarriages but still nothing , my doctor is a leading doctor in infertility and he has told me i should just be patient, as they cant find anything wrong why i am having miscarriages. but i am doing my own little research i have heard of something called natural killer cells that thinks a baby is a foreign body and trys to expel it before it grows. May that not be my portion.

mypeace you can still ovulate without visible CM .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
Arlington

Where your reply come waka go now grin, have read it shaa from your profile post.

Thats good then, some pple tend to exagerate about CM.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3052) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.