Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,147 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5392396 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zest4allife: 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kemade2007:
Pls mamas, I called my Doctor yesterday since AF is coming out now to know when to do my hormonal profile test and he said 21days from my AF, but from my Google research I learnt Day 3 for estrogen and 21days(for 28days circle i.e 7days after ovulation) for progesterone but for 4 me my average circle is 34days that means it should be around 27days for my progesterone. Now when I told him that this is what I learnt from google, he said I should ignore all those google research that I should do it on 21days.
Please enlighten me more on this. Thanks
The doctor is right about the hormonal test, i.e. for progesterone, only if it is for a classic cycle where ovulation takes place on CD14.
Hormonal profiling should be CD3 for oestrogen, LH,FSH and any other required information and 7 days after ovulation for progesterone. If you must do the progesterone hormonal test, you should also confirm the day of ovulation via scans or bbt.
Kudos to you for letting the doctor know you have some knowledge about this.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zest4allife: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
Joime:
Hello everyone. I'm back. Just found out out my baby died in my womb at 8 weeks and 3 days. We are meant to be 13 weeks. After five years. But who am I to question God? Will go for evacuation 2moro. Pls pray for me.
Sorry about your loss ma. May God give you beauty for ashes. Please try and find out all that you can why this happened and take precautions, if possible.
God bless you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2018
lolarde:
Good afternoon mama's. Not been here in a very long time. However, when I was trying to conceive the information I got here was very helpful. Thank God I had a lovely baby boy on 26th Dec 2017.
I was going thru my husband's drawer and I saw some of the drugs we used back then. You know men can be funny. He was hardly taking his drugs. They are still very much and they won't expire until March 2019.
I am willing to give out 6packs ADDYZOA. that is total of 120 capsules cos there are 20 capsules in each pack.
If there is anyone interested kindly respond. I will reach out to you.. I am based in Lagos.

Mama, congratulations for d special gift and ur safe delivery. May God be praised. Pls I'm interested ooo!. I've been looking 4 such an offer since as money to buy drugs no dey again. Pls help me out ma. I'm also in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
lolarde:
Good afternoon mama's. Not been here in a very long time. However, when I was trying to conceive the information I got here was very helpful. Thank God I had a lovely baby boy on 26th Dec 2017.
I was going thru my husband's drawer and I saw some of the drugs we used back then. You know men can be funny. He was hardly taking his drugs. They are still very much and they won't expire until March 2019.
I am willing to give out 6packs ADDYZOA. that is total of 120 capsules cos there are 20 capsules in each pack.
If there is anyone interested kindly respond. I will reach out to you.. I am based in Lagos.

Pls mama, I just sent u pm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ekashiloh: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Joime:
Hello everyone. I'm back. Just found out out my baby died in my womb at 8 weeks and 3 days. We are meant to be 13 weeks. After five years. But who am I to question God? Will go for evacuation 2moro. Pls pray for me.
Gosh!!!,may God wipe away ur tears dearie,i feel ur pains,but be strong 4 rainbow will hit ur womb soonest.cheers.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ekashiloh: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kemade2007:
Pls mamas, I called my Doctor yesterday since AF is coming out now to know when to do my hormonal profile test and he said 21days from my AF, but from my Google research I learnt Day 3 for estrogen and 21days(for 28days circle i.e 7days after ovulation) for progesterone but for 4 me my average circle is 34days that means it should be around 27days for my progesterone. Now when I told him that this is what I learnt from google, he said I should ignore all those google research that I should do it on 21days.
Please enlighten me more on this. Thanks
Yea,depending on d doctor,,he will get all d hormones checked in less than 6hours,so if he is gynea n d one treating u then go with him.Cheers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lolarde(f): 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
@tripletwins. I didn't get any pm.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Heebah: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
lolarde:
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Heebah: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Joime am so sorry for ur loss..God will give u double pretty soon just hang in there. Baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Joime(f): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
It was a boy. My Joshua. But God is still alive. To all my e-sisters, a very big thank you for all your prayers.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
lolarde:
@tripletwins. I didn't get any pm.

Mama, pls I've tried severally to send u pm but I don't know why it has not been going through or may be I didn't do it well. Pls, kindly tell me how to reach u or u can reach me on 080********.Thanks a lot.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by dbeauty(f): 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
lolarde:
[So sorry. quote author=Joime post=65131680]Hello everyone. I'm back. Just found out out my baby died in my womb at 8 weeks and 3 days. We are meant to be 13 weeks. After five years. But who am I to question God? Will go for evacuation 2moro. Pls pray for me.

So sorry about this mama. God is on the throne. He shall give you double very soon in Jesus name. Will be praying for you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kemade2007(f): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
zest4allife:

The doctor is right about the hormonal test, i.e. for progesterone, only if it is for a classic cycle where ovulation takes place on CD14.
Hormonal profiling should be CD3 for oestrogen, LH,FSH and any other required information and 7 days after ovulation for progesterone. If you must do the progesterone hormonal test, you should also confirm the day of ovulation via scans or bbt.
Kudos to you for letting the doctor know you have some knowledge about this.

I'm doing all the test estrogen, LH, FSH,prosgesterone and others but he insist on 21days.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kemade2007(f): 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
ekashiloh:
Yea,depending on d doctor,,he will get all d hormones checked in less than 6hours,so if he is gynea n d one treating u then go with him.Cheers.

He is the one treating me but I just dey fear for this kind day he picked for me because of fake results and it's not easy to get a gynea that will listen to your problems
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by titas: 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
Evening mamas. Pls is anyone cycling with diff in this their new promo? I registered two weeks back. Just want to rub minds. This is my second try at ivf and I pray it's my last. God bless us all

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by titas: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
@ zest4allife they took my sample for hormonal test on day 12. I don't know sha but my husband was also saying hormonal profile sample should be taken on day 3. Either ways na God hand we dey.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by titas: 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2018
@ zest4allife they took my sample for hormonal test on day 12. I don't know sha but my husband was also saying hormonal profile sample should be taken on day 3. Either ways na God hand we dey.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
@Omojudy,
Dont assume, call them.
My hmo took care of some of my bills during ttc. I made sure i used them at any opportunity i could, but paid for tests they dont cover. They paid for my homonal assay test -lsh,fsh, progesteron. Prolactine and oestrogen were excluded so i paid for them. They were to cover the evacuation, though i didnt have need for it later.

I registered for antenatal at 12 weeks and have started using them, though they just give basic antenatal drugs like folic and fesolate only. I intend to up the drugs cos they are not working for me. The scan, hiv tests, infection tests and drugs were all borne by them.

I am careful though, so that i nt exceed 100k which i heard is their limit per quarter, cos if i do, they will pass the excess to my coy who will then debit my acnt straight.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MamaHeaven: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Joime:
So sorry to hear this sis. God will surprise you soon. It is well
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
Joime:

I believe God allowed me to pass through this bridge so that when i console you, you will understand.

Your ttc days are over.
It has entered and will continue to enter in Jesus name.

Did you go for scan earlier in the preggy b4 the miscariage? If you did, was there gestational sac and pole? If there was not, u had a blighted ovum which was bound to miscarry. If scan was normal, it could be stress or progesteron issues that caused the miscarriage.

After the evacuation, they will give u antibiotics.
After taking the antibiotics, take your farm fresh yoghurt. Drink uda water or peppersoup to expel anything that may remain after evacuation by contracting the womb.
Replace the lost blood by taking obron 6 or ranferon.Dont forget to take your prenatal drugs.

You can go for a follow up scan 3 weeks after the evacuation to confirm there a no remnants.

By 4 week to 5weeks , u period shld be due, u may detox with enough zobo during ur next period,From day 1 to 4.

After dt fire down till ur bpf. After ovulation,add vit e to ur prenatal drugs.

I will be waiting for your bfp to enter so that we can continue with the jist.
Much love sis. Xoxo

Modified,
I just saw u be sabi mama continue with the supplements u took b4 the bfp, but after ovulation, add vit e and zinc. They help with inplantation and cell division.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MamaHeaven: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello Mamas, so I joined a career mentorship programme for women a few months ago and today we had a training today on career management. One of the facilitators shared her experience of ttcing and was blessed with a baby boy after 19years of marriage. Now this facilitator is a director at one of the leading banks in Nigeria. I marvelled at how she was able to rise to the peak of her career even while TTCing and she said something that struck me and I quote " I learnt not to allow issues I have no control over dictate the course of my life, I rose above it to be the best version of my self I could be". TTC is very emotionally, mentally and physically stressful but, we shouldn't let it stop us from achieving our dreams.
Start that business, get that degree you've always wanted, be the best version of YOU!! At God's appointed time all will fall in place. I hope I've been able to inspire someone.
#don'tloseyourself
#itwillendinpraise

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
mamatwiny:
@Omojudy,
Dont assume, call them.
My hmo took care of some of my bills during ttc. I made sure i used them at any opportunity i could, but paid for tests they dont cover. They paid for my homonal assay test -lsh,fsh, progesteron. Prolactine and oestrogen were excluded so i paid for them. They were to cover the evacuation, though i didnt have need for it later.

I registered for antenatal at 12 weeks and have started using them, though they just give basic antenatal drugs like folic and fesolate only. I intend to up the drugs cos they are not working for me. The scan, hiv tests, infection tests and drugs were all borne by them.

I am careful though, so that i nt exceed 100k which i heard is their limit per quarter, cos if i do, they will pass the excess to my coy who will then debit my acnt straight.
Thanks. What's the name of your hmo I called clear line and read on avon
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
zest4allife:

Ok, I should have specified that it depends on the type of cover you paid for; or your level at where you or your spouse works and the hmo you are using. That would determine what your hmo can do for you.
As for antenatal, I was eligible for this immediately I started working. However, anything infertility isn't covered unfortunately; I called the hmo personally to confirm this.
@omojudy, please call the head office of your hmo to confirm what is available for you.
Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Omojudy:

Thanks. What's the name of your hmo I called clear line and read on avon
Novo Health
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Omojudy:

I got the tampons online once and the castor oil in most good pharmacies for N550
Clean point tampons seem scare now. And isn't online now, I wonder if nafdac or something is trying to regulate them.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
MamaHeaven:
Hello Mamas, so I joined a career mentorship programme for women a few months ago and today we had a training today on career management. One of the facilitators shared her experience of ttcing and was blessed with a baby boy after 19years of marriage. Now this facilitator is a director at one of the leading banks in Nigeria. I marvelled at how she was able to rise to the peak of her career even while TTCing and she said something that struck me and I quote " I learnt not to allow issues I have no control over dictate the course of my life, I rose above it to be the best version of my self I could be". TTC is very emotionally, mentally and physically stressful but, we shouldn't let it stop us from achieving our dreams.
Start that business, get that degree you've always wanted, be the best version of YOU!! At God's appointed time all will fall in place. I hope I've been able to inspire someone.
#don'tloseyourself
#itwillendinpraise
Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
mamatwiny:

I believe God allowed me to pass through this bridge so that when i console you, you will understand.

Your ttc days are over.
It has entered and will continue to enter in Jesus name.

Did you go for scan earlier in the preggy b4 the miscariage? If you did, was there gestational sac and pole? If there was not, u had a blighted ovum which was bound to miscarry. If scan was normal, it could be stress or progesteron issues that caused the miscarriage.

After the evacuation, they will give u antibiotics.
After taking the antibiotics, take your farm fresh yoghurt. Drink uda water or peppersoup to expel anything that may remain after evacuation by contracting the womb.
Replace the lost blood by taking obron 6 or ranferon.Dont forget to take your prenatal drugs.

You can go for a follow up scan 3 weeks after the evacuation to confirm there a no remnants.

By 4 week to 5weeks , u period shld be due, u may detox with enough zobo during ur next period,From day 1 to 4.

After dt fire down till ur bpf. After ovulation,add vit e to ur prenatal drugs.

I will be waiting for your bfp to enter so that we can continue with the jist.
Much love sis. Xoxo
Hmm knowledge
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Seyifunmi2014(f): 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
[quote author=lolarde post=65144733]Good afternoon mama's. Not been here in a very long time. However, when I was trying to conceive the information I got here was very helpful. Thank God I had a lovely baby boy on 26th Dec 2017.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Noblekids:
@Ekashilo, you are doing a great job here, triplet fall on you

I did a pelvic scan during the week and the result showed multiple small hypocchoic mass lesions within the anterior and posterior uterine myometrium. the masses measure (2.52*2.23)cm and (1.03*0.82)cm in it's largest and smallest diameters respectively.

Oversabi mammas abeg touchlight this for me and should i be worried about this?

cc happymummy, cuppymummy, Tripletwins222 et al
Hello Noblekids, please calm down. I know that God will make everything alright in His own time.

I do not understand medical terms. Your gynae will know. But lemme take a guess, it could be fibroids. They seem small, the size of a lime and smaller. If your doctor says it's not problematic, you may want to leave it.

Before I had mine removed, one gynae said leave it, another said remove it, it will help you conceive. I went under the knife not knowing hubby had lsc. Due to scar tissue from the surgery, one tube became blocked.

So do what's best.

Kemade2007 maybe you should do as your doctor says. Don't let it stress you. Many gynaes don't like long cycles and are looking for a good excuse to induce you to ovulate anyway, especially if you have one. And their method works for many women.

Just go with his experience. Everything will be fine by God's grace.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lolarde(f): 8:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
Seyifunmi2014:
pls ma'am, I need it for my dh as we are nt financially buoyant now

Sorry I already contacted the first person that asked to come pick it up. So sorry.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ekashiloh: 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kemade2007:

He is the one treating me but I just dey fear for this kind day he picked for me because of fake results and it's not easy to get a gynea that will listen to your problems
lolss,if u check all the hormonal profile result posted ,u will c dat it mathematically calculated,so result can be authentic anyday.google only give dose days 4 baseline test.But good doctor will calcaculate ur homones in less than 6hours ,no matter d day they draw ur blood.pls ur gynea is inline,but u can tell him u want day 3 & 21 profile. i am forcing my doctor 2 do only 21 day profile 4 me ,but refuse ,dat makes me paraniod becos i good dr 4 dat,i had to follow him becos he is d one treating me.so follow ur heart dearie.cheers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kemade2007(f): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
Cuppymummy:
Hello Noblekids, please calm down. I know that God will make everything alright in His own time.

I do not understand medical terms. Your gynae will know. But lemme take a guess, it could be fibroids. They seem small, the size of a lime and smaller. If your doctor says it's not problematic, you may want to leave it.

Before I had mine removed, one gynae said leave it, another said remove it, it will help you conceive. I went under the knife not knowing hubby had lsc. Due to scar tissue from the surgery, one tube became blocked.

So do what's best.

Kemade2007 maybe you should do as your doctor says. Don't let it stress you. Many gynaes don't like long cycles and are looking for a good excuse to induce you to ovulate anyway, especially if you have one. And their method works for many women.

Just go with his experience. Everything will be fine by God's grace.

Amen. Thanks cuppymummy. I will go with what he said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Funkey20 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.