Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5393910 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilewomb: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
ekashiloh:
lolzz Mama Pls Dont be offended with dr's post,he is one d of best gynea wth passion 4 ttc women.i know u dont know him but alot of mamas knows him and his thread.i have sent women to consult him online n they hv testimonies.just hammer him with big case n he will help out.u where no dey quick vex,wetin happen today na.e- hugss dearie.

My dear I know him ooo, I have been in nairaland for a very long time he has even answered one of my questions in ask your doctor thread here. My point is why spaming the whole thread with his advert. pregnancy thread,new mums thread, ttc thread, unblock your falopian tube thread .And he does it almost on weekly basis. People come here and advertise their product and we chase them away.Most people includung me knows he does mobile consultaion so why dont he create a thread for that. Thats how some mamas on ublock your falopian tube thread were also cautioning him. Pls advice him to create a thread for his online hospital.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Chaii my heart is breaking oo, I took clomid 100mg cd2-6, I had a positive opk yesterday and today I decided to track to be sure the follicles ruptured, scan shows it hasn't ruptured and it measures 24mmby20mm. I thought it's suppose to have ruptured by now. My doc is suggesting I wait till Friday to repeat the scan. Please what should I do next? What if it doesn't rupture? I have had this issue before where the follicle got to 24mm and turned to a cyst, I'm just really down. Please mamas what can I do next? Been having mild cramps too
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilewomb: 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anitaamich:
Chaii my heart is breaking oo, I took clomid 100mg cd2-6, I had a positive opk yesterday and today I decided to track to be sure the follicles ruptured, scan shows it hasn't ruptured and it measures 24mmby20mm. I thought it's suppose to have ruptured by now. My doc is suggesting I wait till Friday to repeat the scan. Please what should I do next? What if it doesn't rupture? I have had this issue before where the follicle got to 24mm and turned to a cyst, I'm just really down. Please mamas what can I do next? Been having mild cramps too
I am never taking Clomid ever in my life. I have never missed a period before I too Clomid.i got a cyst too. Luckily it went on it's own.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
This is why I advise women to always do some form of employment especially ttc women. It's your life passing you by for something you probably can't change by being unemployed anyway.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2018
Omojudy:

I am never taking Clomid ever in my life. I have never missed a period before I too Clomid.i got a cyst too. Luckily it went on it's own.
This is my first time taking clomid, my doc suggested I try it since I have pcos. I'm still been positive, don't want to give up hope yet embarassed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
fertilewomb:

The thing tire me ooo. Mobile consultation indeed.
Please unquote. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilewomb: 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
LuckyG1:

If I were you,I would just overlook it and pass on. It ain't going to kill any of us.Perhaps,it is not necessary and fit for you,others of interest will always follow by.I have always ensure that at least a 3-page view is covered before posting.

I am also not forcing any to buy a service,and there is nowhere at anytime you will see me beg for it. So,don't let it appear so. The need for a constant post was only needful for those coming in new or are yet to know of it and a little reminder.

Go and create a thread for your mobile hospital. That is what any wise fellow would have done.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2018
laurelbae:
Lovely mummies in the house I troway salute.
May God crown all our efforts with bfp this easter in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

I need advice pls.
Had an ectopic pregnancy on 15th Feb,2015
Recovered ,after 3months started trying but no show. For 2years now been having this very thick pure whitish discharge
Gone to several places ,done transviginal scans, urine & intracervical culture , treated infections but this thick white discharge don't go away. Dr suggested Hsg but it may likely push the problem further up towards the tube.
Pls what should I do?
I went back to UPTH were the surgery was done, they referred me to do another swab test.
Am also feeling pains by the right abdominal region, it becomes severe few days after my period.
You said you've treated infections. You need to be sure that the infection's really gone. And that you were properly evacuated. Like mama Eka said, hsg will help reveal this.

If new tests, hsg, urine and intracervical show that there is no problem, then let your mind be at rest. Don't bother about the discharge. Just keep your vagina dry always by wiping after sex, urinating, bathing, etc.

You may also do as other mamas have suggested, try ruzu bitters or home made therapy like mixture of ginger, garlic, aloe vera, cucumber. Not to forget drinking unsweetened yoghurt. All these to balance your P. H.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anitaamich:
Chaii my heart is breaking oo, I took clomid 100mg cd2-6, I had a positive opk yesterday and today I decided to track to be sure the follicles ruptured, scan shows it hasn't ruptured and it measures 24mmby20mm. I thought it's suppose to have ruptured by now....
To avoid an occurrence like this next time, you may want to ask your doctor for a trigger shot when taking Clomid. Although you stand a higher chance of multiple birth. Just be careful with Clomid sha.

You'll be fine!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ekashiloh: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anitaamich:
which CD are u,wat is ur linning,Is not late,so u can ask ur doctor 2 trigger 4 u.u might score d goal.Goodluck..cheers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
ekashiloh:
lolzz Mama Pls Dont be offended with dr's post,he is one d of best gynea wth passion 4 ttc women.i know u dont know him but alot of mamas knows him and his thread.i have sent women to consult him online n they hv testimonies.just hammer him with big case n he will help out.u where no dey quick vex,wetin happen today na.e- hugss dearie.
I agree with Eka. Mamas take it easy with the good doctor. There are certain people one shouldn't vex for anyhow. I got to really know of the other gynae thread only yesterday.

It seems to me he has dedicated much of his time to helping many women, answering numerous questions, proffering solutions for free. That must have inconvenienced him somewhat. It's not so bad if he inconveniences us a little by his adverts. Medicine is not just a way of helping people alone, it is also their means of livelihood. So please bear with him Sisters.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ekashiloh: 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 4:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
goons:
Hello wonderful people of this thread

This is my first post since I registered in 2015.

I never thought I could be facing this challenges. I got married to my wife last year. Trying to conceive for us has been challenging since then.

So month, I went to the lab for sperm analysis test and the result came out that I have low count and motility. I repeated the test and same result came out.

I plan going to the General hospital to meet with a fertility doctor.

I will really need advice from the wonderful people of this thread.

I sometimes feel sad for my wife for being the cause of the delay.

I pray God see every one of us through these challenges.
Welcome Sir. I'm glad to see you're very much involved in finding a solution to this. We are also facing the same challenge and still hoping for a miracle.

You're right on track in seeking the help of a fertility doctor. Ensure you both carry out all the tests he may require in order to make a proper diagnosis.

In case he doesn't bring it up, suggest to him about you going for a scrotal scan and hormone profile (in addition to the other tests) to get a clearer picture of the situation of things.

Most of all pray to God.May God grant you and all of us speedy success!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2018
thanks all ooo, cuppyliscious, donatintinli, miracle babisco , et all... kiss Kilziz

@newbies I hail oo.. wink

@ekashiloh,weldone eh, very soon we wee award you with your online medical degree... grin

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
@ goons, don't overwork yourself, not many people entered marriage and thought there was going to be fertility issues... During my wedding, when people were praying for me, saying I will birth triplets, I refused to say amin, I was like triplet ke? Abeg twins is okay... Now eh, if I see person wey go say I go born quadruplet, I go dive catch the prayers fast fast grin..

As for wifey, just keep being loving and caring,sure she will understand.. Nobody prays to be in this disadvantaged position, but what can we do?

We have one bros here that might be of help, ripvanwink where are you oooooo? Goon needs you here abeg..

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by goons: 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
Cuppymummy:
Welcome Sir. I'm glad to see you're very much involved in finding a solution to this. We are also facing the same challenge and still hoping for a miracle.

You're right on track in seeking the help of a fertility doctor. Ensure you both carry out all the tests he may require in order to make a proper diagnosis.

In case he doesn't bring it up, suggest to him about you going for a scrotal scan and hormone profile (in addition to the other tests) to get a clearer picture of the situation of things.

Most of all pray to God.May God grant you and all of us speedy success!

Thank you so much madam. I have noted what you said. I hope to be in General hospital on Friday as I start this process to speedy success. I will be keeping the wonderful people here updated as great things unfold.

I really appreciate your kind words of advise. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by goons: 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
safe06:
@ goons, don't overwork yourself, not many people entered marriage and thought there was going to be fertility issues... During my wedding, when people were praying for me, saying I will birth triplets, I refused to say amin, I was like triplet ke? Abeg twins is okay... Now eh, if I see person wey go say I go born quadruplet, I go dive catch the prayers fast fast grin..

As for wifey, just keep being loving and caring,sure she will understand.. Nobody prays to be in this disadvantaged position, but what can we do?

We have one bros here that might be of help, ripvanwink where are you oooooo? Goon needs you here abeg..

I understand. Thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zest4allife: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
titas:
@ zest4allife they took my sample for hormonal test on day 12. I don't know sha but my husband was also saying hormonal profile sample should be taken on day 3. Either ways na God hand we dey.
Ok, well, it determines on what the doctor is trying to check for. CD12 should be close to your ovulation day so he might want to know the levels of oestrogen, LH, progesterone, and whether you might need supplemental hormones to ensure ovulation.
Also, the doctor *might* want to carry out a tvs to check for the size of your follicles on the same day.
Above all, you need to ask questions to know exactly what's going on and why he wants any particular test done so that it's not like you are a cash cow, KWIM?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
Cuppymummy:
To avoid an occurrence like this next time, you may want to ask your doctor for a trigger shot when taking Clomid. Although you stand a higher chance of multiple birth. Just be careful with Clomid sha.

You'll be fine!
I'm thinking of still taking the trigger shot but doc suggested I wait till Friday, been having on and off cramps
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zest4allife: 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anitaamich:
If your doctor is satisfied with the size of the egg, he should give progesterone injection that should trigger ovulation, like if you were doing IUI.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
ekashiloh:
which CD are u,wat is ur linning,Is not late,so u can ask ur doctor 2 trigger 4 u.u might score d goal.Goodluck..cheers.
CD 15, lining is 7.2mm... is it possible it might still rupture on it's own?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zest4allife: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
ekashiloh:
At d centre of it all ,see Jesus my sister, my colleauge in d office is 42 years n 11 years married, have a chronic pcos with highest prolactine,no mestruation 4 years n 2failed ivf,i just gave her half bottle of vitex i bought 4rm mumhaja carelessly becose i could not take it anyone...she travel 4 1wk conference n came bk yesteday only to called me today dat she has seen her period but with vomiting,fever too much abdominal pain,i went n took her to d office clinic,only 2 discover 6weeks pregnancy.although she is abt to miscarry.i hv learnt alot today,if she knew wat God will do she would hv been cautious,sometime when d devil feels it is finish,jehovah rapha will start a fresh work.she got teary when they ask her last menstruation n she since 2014 ivf induce cycle.dis God is too able to be disabled,so hold on dearie.cheers
How is your colleague feeling now? Why do you say she's about to miscarry? Is there no heartbeat? Or the sac has issues? I do hope she is not miscarrying her precious child.
You can advise her to have complete bed rest, take fruits like carrots, apples, watermelon as well as the highest possible dose of progesterone injection.
I pray she does not loose her baby...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anitaamich:

I think the lining is what the doc is waiting to grow a little b4 the trigger.
Pineapple core to the rescue.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zest4allife: 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Dear mamas, I troway salute for everyone here. May God see us through this journey and grant us children who will be good role models and respected people in the society, amen.
Today, my eyes saw the back of my head! I went for hsg in the morning around 7.45am and thought I could resume at work immediately after. Till now, I'm still having cramps and fever don join body cry
The staff at Pix center were very professional and if anyone in PH is thinking of where to get this done, you may consider them.
All the tests I did; HSG, tvs, abdominal scan, hvs, ecs were all successful and I'm grateful for this.
When I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries and small fibroids in 2015, I interchanged between inositol, metformin, vitex, serrapeptase, fertilaid and fertilecm and I was discouraged to go for another scan since April 2016 when I lost another pregnancy, till today.

However, the doctor says I had a blockage in my cervix which he thankfully opened and he was surprised I even used to have periods which were not even painful at all.

Recently, I have religiously been taking folic acid, vit e 1000, vit c 1000, coq10 60mg and Bcomplex daily and by the grace of God, I will conceive soon and carry to term.

Please be encouraged because God is working his purpose out in our lives.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
Anitaamich:

I truly can't remember what the ideal lining should be. But if lining is the issue, drinking milk works for thickening the uterine lining. Pineapple core is for after you're sure that you have ovulated.

Abeg mamatwiny, please help me with the price of Rocephine injection last time you know of. Sorry for the bother, I haven't been to the pharmacy lately. I need to have an idea first.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2018
zest4allife:

If your doctor is satisfied with the size of the egg, he should give progesterone injection that should trigger ovulation, like if you were doing IUI.
Will see him tomorrow and will suggest it to him.. thank you smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
mamatwiny:

I think the lining is what the doc is waiting to grow a little b4 the trigger.
Pineapple core to the rescue.
He said 7.2 is not bad
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anitaamich: 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
Cuppymummy:
I truly can't remember what the ideal lining should be. But if lining is the issue, drinking milk works for thickening the uterine lining. Pineapple core is for after you're sure that you have ovulated.

Abeg mamatwiny, please help me with the price of Rocephine injection last time you know of. Sorry for the bother, I haven't been to the pharmacy lately. I need to have an idea first.
I think anything from 7mm is ideal... will try the milk join.. thank you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
zest4allife:
Dear mamas, I troway salute for everyone here. May God see us through this journey and grant us children who will be good role models and respected people in the society, amen.
Today, my eyes saw the back of my head! I went for hsg in the morning around 7.45am and thought I could resume at work immediately after. Till now, I'm still having cramps and fever don join body cry
The staff at Pix center were very professional and if anyone in PH is thinking of where to get this done, you may consider them.
All the tests I did; HSG, tvs, abdominal scan, hvs, ecs were all successful and I'm grateful for this.
When I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries and small fibroids in 2015, I interchanged between inositol, metformin, vitex, serrapeptase, fertilaid and fertilecm and I was discouraged to go for another scan since April 2016 when I lost another pregnancy, till today.

However, the doctor says I had a blockage in my cervix which he thankfully opened and he was surprised I even used to have periods which were not even painful at all.

Recently, I have religiously been taking folic acid, vit e 1000, vit c 1000, coq10 60mg and Bcomplex daily and by the grace of God, I will conceive soon and carry to term.

Please be encouraged because God is working his purpose out in our lives.
Congratulations! Toast to your speedy bfp!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good evening my people!
Abeg make una help me thank mama Lolarde oo! She gave me 6packets of Addyzoa capsules free of charge. She is so kindhearted I must tell u. She really tried her best in making sure it gets to me without me stressing myself. I've been dancing azonto and praising God for bringing her on my way. May God in His infinite mercy reward her and her entire family abundantly in Jesus name, amen.
Sis Lolarde, I'm so grateful dear. Pls, do extend my warm regards to ur little prince. I pray dat his arrival in ur family will continue to open d doors of blessings and unmerited favour to ur family. No evil shall befall him. He shall live to fulfil his destiny on ds planet earth in Jesus name, amen. Tanx a lot.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Blackforester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.