Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

5 Influential People Who Never Existed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Influential People Who Never Existed (1014 Views)

10 Most Influential People Of All Time / 5 Influential Richest Musicians In Nigeria, Number 1 Will Shock You!! / 5 Influential Individuals Who Never Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Influential People Who Never Existed by rummeh: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
1.Santa Claus
What child has not been frightened into behaving thanks to the ever-present youthful fear of Santa not providing come Christmas? Almost all western children were told by their parents that Santa would leave them nothing if they misbehaved. I speak from experience when I say that it was one of the most effective methods of stopping tantrums! Funnily enough, though, the fear always dissipates on Christmas Eve as you just know that Santa will be coming – even if you did slip up a few times.
2. Romeo and Juliet
Not only can Romeo and Juliet be blamed for much of our ideas of the “perfect relationship” – I think it can also be blamed for a high percentage of divorces. Couples going into marriage seek the ideal of a relationship based entirely on passion and romance, and when that romance dims (as so often is the case) they feel cheated and believe the marriage has failed. When in reality, passionate romance is not required for a healthy marriage – while respect, love, and charity are. Romeo and Juliet have much to answer for!
3. Barbie
As Barbie has progressed from a pretty young woman to whom all girls could aspire, to something often verging on the likeness of a harlot, one can wonder whether it was Barbie influencing children, or children influencing Barbie. There are certainly many similarities. Barbie has depicted almost every possible female lifestyle choice and I think there can be no doubt that she has been at the start of the path many women have taken in life.

4.ROBIN HOOD

This could potentially lead to a debate about whether Hood existed or not, but I am of the opinion that he did not. Therefore, he is listed as my number eight on the list. I am sure we have all heard someone justifying theft because the victim is wealthy – and where did this justification come from? Not just the principles of redistribution of wealth that many of us live under in Western Society (read envy taxes) but the fact that to this day, we are all raised believing Robin Hood was a hero – when, in fact, he was a thief. Stealing is almost always wrong, and just because Robin Hood gave the proceeds of his crimes to poor people, it is not a valid justification. As for the previously mentioned taxes, there is every reason for us to believe that the majority of people accept these taxes because of their prior belief in the false morality of the Robin Hood story.

5.BIG BROTHER A relatively modern addition to this list, Big Brother has been an influence in so many social protests that he has to be included here. His name comes up every time a government passes a restrictive law or a law which seems to remove aspects of our eternal freedoms. Everyone recognizes his face, everyone knows what he stands for, and everyone is terrified of the potential for our own lives to be governed by our own version of the fictional character. Big Brother was, of course, created by George Orwell for his novel Nineteen Eighty-Four

Read more>>> http://www.newsdoggen.org/2016/06/5-influential-people-who-never-existed.html
cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, MissyB3, ijebabe, Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
TAHHHHHHHHH...

HAVE SEEN SANTA BEFORE....kikikikikiki
Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by rummeh: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
FlawlesRebirth02:
TAHHHHHHHHH...

HAVE SEEN SANTA BEFORE....kikikikikiki
Nice one...LOL
Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by cruzita(f): 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
me too I don see Santa

OK

na father Christmas I see
Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by cruzita(f): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
me too I don see Santa

OK

Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by cruzita(f): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
me too I don see Santa

OK

Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by rummeh: 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
cruzita:
me too I don see Santa

OK

Barbie Nkor
Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by joe4real12: 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
It's normal when a 4yr-old believes in Santa Clause but if @24yrs he still believes in Santa, then he needs help.

I remember a 4yr-old boy who showed Santa the Made-in-China inscription on a gift he received and asked, did you pick up the gift in China on your Way from Heaven? grin
Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by rummeh: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
joe4real12:
It's normal when a 4yr-old believes in Santa Clause but if @24yrs he still believes in Santa, then he needs help.

I remember a 4yr-old boy who showed Santa the Made-in-China inscription on a gift he received and asked, did you pick up the gift in China on your Way from Heaven? grin
Wetin dey father Christmas cor talk
Re: 5 Influential People Who Never Existed by joe4real12: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
rummeh:

Wetin dey father Christmas cor talk
He laughed and said: "badt pikin"

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Wants You To See What She’s Got In Front / Despite Singing In Yoruba Olamide Makes It To 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards / Comedian Ay And Friends Ride Quad Bikes In South African Safari Bush(pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.