Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child (19513 Views)

Photos Of Hot Mother And Her Baby Got Instagram Users Talking / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / Woman Carries Her Child Inside Her Shorts And Got People Talking (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by nathskib(f): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2016
Topics i like reading here. Thanks op

1 Like

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by Izonpikin: 10:33am On Sep 19, 2016
Ewuro4:
Not only in Nigeria, the truth is ; until the person is red handedly caught in the act with a minor then he can be charged for statutory rĂ pe ELSE the worst an accuser can do is to get a restraining order against the person and you better have a good case in order to get one from the courts.

Being a parent is a choice. Caring and keeping them safe is MANDATORY. The world as a whole is filled with toxic minds roaming the streets. You just never know!

I started sex education ( implications of early sex & it's benefit when you wait) from Kindergarten till now then public health nurses are doing a great job in regards to body changes and what to expect after the first cycle. I sternly instructed my girls never to sit on any Aunty or Uncle's lap, avoid frontal hugs , and they were to never allow anyone lift them!

Better to be safe than sorry.
i remember my dad back then giving my sisters same stern instructions...
Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by kayo80(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2016
Yea, the man is a pervert. But why did you look at his thing in the first place or give him any attention at all.
Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:45am On Sep 19, 2016
hmmmm,we all must educate our children about sex and sensitive parts of d body,it is very wrong to shy away from these issues

2 Likes

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by anonimi: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2016
woodcook:
I think it is time we as a society started having those "unholy" conversation at family level.

Unfortunately, that is not happening anytime soon.
Why?
See below =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by southernbelle(f): 10:51am On Sep 19, 2016
This same thing happened to me when I was in school running my project. I went to school for a meeting with some group members one Sunday afternoon, I was alone on the road but I wasn't scared because I wasn't expecting any incident. Then I saw the guy, he was peeing against a wall when I was passing by, and he whistled to get my attention and I turned, honest to God, I wasn't expecting what I saw. The guy (he looked like he was in his early twenties) had pulled his pants down, he was waving his penis at me and he was smiling. I was shocked, I screamed at him to cover himself up and I acted as if I was calling other people's attention to him while walking away from him (because he was already creeping me out), he quickly drew his trousers up and hid himself, when he saw there was no one coming, he came out and started same thing. I had to pick up my pace and I even took another direction, I was so scared that day. Funny enough when I told my other group members what I saw, they just laughed as if it was not a big deal and I was just being hysterical for nothing. Who knows the havoc that guy must have caused by now or will cause in future? embarassed embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by anonimi: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2016
kayo80:
Yea, the man is a pervert. But why did you look at his thing in the first place or give him any attention at all.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3503973_mumu_jpg0c42fa98412223012808389b5dbf9132

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by mamawin(f): 10:52am On Sep 19, 2016
It is common to see parents, especially mothers, talk to the daughters about sex, the implications on health, education and life generally. but you hardly see them do same with their sons. Most Fathers play a very little role or none, in educating the male children. Maybe because they can't get pregnant, but we should let them know that rape is a bad thing, and that boys are being assaulted these days too. May God help us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by segcymoor(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2016
Hmnn
Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by Walexsammy(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2016
carmag:
Nawa....Oh!!! @op. someone must have dosed off b4 he can finish reading this epistles

its either you're a good story teller or you're trying to perfect your writing skills

I doubt if people would want to spend the whole day just to go through your story..ahh

I actually read it all

5 Likes

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by XaintJoel20: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
Sexual molestation is not solely a man's crime. It cut across both gender.

Anyway, nice topic.

Let's not also forget to pray for our children because many of them do not see it as abuse.

2 Likes

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by Kaysalas(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
Very nice and informative topic you have here @ O.P, but i think i need to add this twist to it.i am a teacher by profession and had this 10 yr old girl, i take home lessons. Her mum had given her all the sex ed in the world, as is obvious from her speech. but guess what, i noticed at a point that whenever she wanted to draw my attention to a seemingly difficult question she was battling, she would take my hand and drop on her laps! the inside of her laps, (i sit just by her side). i didnt take it seriously at first, but when i realised it was becoming a regular thing, i had to caution her sternly about the act.
there is this other one of about 8 yrs old(in the yr 2010) who came into the class when i was alone, came "so close" as to give me a kiss, and only retreated when she noticed the look on my face changed at a point(she was really in my face). This is the first time i will be sharing this as i fear a backlash, but i think as important as sex education is, what your children are exposed to are equally important. A young mother watches big brother africa with her daughters (the sex scenes) and comes back to accuse the mei-guard of paedophilia... leaves us with questions begging for answers.

3 Likes

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
Let me also lend credence to the post.
I get to treat an increasing number of sexual assault cases every now and then. 100% of victims have been pre-pubertal females.
Now this is an underestimate of the number of such cases in the society cos I work in a northern state which is Muslim dominated and as such they usually shy away from coming to the hospital except infections have begun to set in.
Let's begin sex education from pre-school years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by Onegai(f): 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
frenchwine:
Let me also lend credence to the post.
I get to treat an increasing number of sexual assault cases every now and then. 100% of victims have been pre-pubertal females.
Now this is an underestimate of the number of such cases in the society cos I work in a northern state which is Muslim dominated and as such they usually shy away from coming to the hospital except infections have begun to set in.
Let's begin sex education from pre-school years.

That's quite sad. People will still ignore the dangers though so it's going to continue being a growing problem.

1 Like

Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by segcymoor(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2016
Noted
Re: Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child by CuteMorriz: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2016
Onegai:
The writer of the article organised a program for people with Natural Hair and Organic lifestyles (Food, Drinks etc). Because of this issue which just happened to her, she has invited a speaker from an NGO to train parents on how to talk to their kids about sex education and molestation. I've attended her programs and I may decide to attend this one, it's tomorrow on the island, 25th June. Try and come.

I have also mentioned Nomthi Odukoya's book for kids "No Don't Touch Me There", it is easily digested by even a 3 year old.

I wasn't planning on going but I've seen this her situation before happen (perverts publicly exposing themselves and no-one doing anything). I have even seen the same reaction from her neighbour (who has kids!) From other men: smiles and telling me "you're overreacting/he's a madman/ignore" then something will go wrong and we all start wailing and calling Jesus.

We need to start making people take responsibility for their behaviour. Stop allowing people whip out their privates in public in the name of urinating (why must you stop immediately and pee right there? Why not find a private spot? Do Hausa mallams who squat to pee privately have 2 heads that they have the brains to be modest and some people will do it and even checking out who is walking past, schoolchildren or not??). Please start educating people because if not you will continue to hear "45 year old men attack 7 year old girl or boy".
I believe children should be properly disciplined and then trained to be assertive rather than teach them sex education at that age. I pity the lady who said she has started teaching her daughter about sex education at age three. For crying out loud I see nothing but doom. Children (especially the sound ones) are always curious. When you make a part of a body so important they try to figure it out themselves. In my primary school days the pupils were constantly caught messing themselves up were not the naive ones they were those who had an inkling about that part of their body and how it functions. "Discipline" is the greatest gift you can give to a child below 12. What is the essence of teaching a child sex education and you guys watch telemundo together? What is a child doing at past 9pm? when you want to take the kids out where do you take them to? Have you trained the child to do things on their own and express themselves confidently? There are more sexual acts among children compared to a child and an Adult. Truth is between 0-5yrs you are constantly with your child monitoring and grooming him/her apart from school he or she goes no where...and when a guest is around of course you are probably there....cotnd later

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? / What's The Best Way To Discipline A Child? / "My Husband Abandoned Me And My Children" - Nigerian Lady Demands For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.