Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help (811 Views)

Pls Car Gurus Come And Help See To This Car / Custom Wahala For Every Car User :general Opinion Needed / Naija Kazeems Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 24, 2016
I bought this car
(ML350 2006) by Feb. ending this year drove around a little and parked it coz i had to travel down to lagos now im back yesterday turned on the engine it picked car was parked about 2months and few weeks) now After allowing it to stabilize i discovered that my AC is no longer working. and started thinking towards the Fuse direction but my technicians after several touching/scanning around the fuse box it didnt come up.(i don enter wahala)

Now I visited an ac workshop based on high recommendation from friends oo. the guy did some direct connection inside the engine and the A/C fan started blowing i was happy that is now working unfortunately it was not cooling only the fan sound (that heavy duty sound)

The Guy said oga your compressor needs to be checked oo. I do not have option naa so i said "carry on" the condenser was removed followed by the compressor and behold the compressor has gone stiff not turning at all. Haba what could be the cause naa

After long talk and lecturing the end point na oga you go buy new compressor and condenser. Since I saw the situation of the compressor i decided to follow up to changing both the compressor and condenser.

New once was brought and fixed the guy tested it from his direct connection and it was chilling then he coupled stuffs he loosed. i turned the AC ON from inside but same issue not chilling (haba what is this naaaa i nearly cried)

he said my AC system is now working but since its not coming up when I turn on from inside that some connections abi LINE has to be made from under the passenger side to the bonnet IM NOW TIRED PLZ AM I STILL ON TRACK WITH THIS REPAIRING.

The A/C guy also said that its best i arrange my fan to be blowing constantly as Nigerian weather is hot. I started thinking how do i do this anywhere i pass that heavy duty sound will be blowing

Because it was getting late He advice me to go and come back today i drove home but have been thinking then i decided to ask Nlanders for help and suggestion. Im in owerri imo state. Now my questions are:

1 Should I allow him to do his connection from under the passenger side or is there another way for it?
2 Should I allow my AC fan to be blowing constantly as he suggested?

Awaiting your comments and suggestions thanks.
Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:41am On Jun 24, 2016
knc:
I bought this car
(ML350 2006) by Feb. ending this year drove around a little and parked it coz i had to travel down to lagos now im back yesterday turned on the engine it picked car was parked about 2months and few weeks) now After allowing it to stabilize i discovered that my AC is no longer working. and started thinking towards the Fuse direction but my technicians after several touching/scanning around the fuse box it didnt come up.(i don enter wahala)

Now I visited an ac workshop based on high recommendation from friends oo. the guy did some direct connection inside the engine and the A/C fan started blowing i was happy that is now working unfortunately it was not cooling only the fan sound (that heavy duty sound)

The Guy said oga your compressor needs to be checked oo. I do not have option naa so i said "carry on" the condenser was removed followed by the compressor and behold the compressor has gone stiff not turning at all. Haba what could be the cause naa

After long talk and lecturing the end point na oga you go buy new compressor and condenser. Since I saw the situation of the compressor i decided to follow up to changing both the compressor and condenser.

New once was brought and fixed the guy tested it from his direct connection and it was chilling then he coupled stuffs he loosed. i turned the AC ON from inside but same issue not chilling (haba what is this naaaa i nearly cried)

he said my AC system is now working but since its not coming up when I turn on from inside that some connections abi LINE has to be made from under the passenger side to the bonnet IM NOW TIRED PLZ AM I STILL ON TRACK WITH THIS REPAIRING.

The A/C guy also said that its best i arrange my fan to be blowing constantly as Nigerian weather is hot. I started thinking how do i do this anywhere i pass that heavy duty sound will be blowing

Because it was getting late He advice me to go and come back today i drove home but have been thinking then i decided to ask Nlanders for help and suggestion. Im in owerri imo state. Now my questions are:

1 Should I allow him to do his connection from under the passenger side or is there another way for it?
2 Should I allow my AC fan to be blowing constantly as he suggested?

Awaiting your comments and suggestions thanks.

you are a question you have an answer already

he is suggestion a bypass which is not how its should operate

he is doing a quess work on what it wrong
Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by mayor2013: 6:51am On Jun 24, 2016
Praticals going on mb 101 grin. All nairaland auto engineers shouldn't stab this lecture grin

1 Like

Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

you are a question you have an answer already

he is suggestion a bypass which is not how its should operate

he is doing a quess work on what it wrong

Thanks for your comment sir well noted
Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by Itulah(m): 10:31am On Jun 24, 2016
1) "Nigeria is hot" what kind of lame and lazy talk is that? That word alone from your so called AC expert is enough to send you away from his garage.
2) The Compressor was stock and was replace, what was wrong with the condenser that warrant replacement also?

Look, do not, I repeat do not allow that man to rewire the HVAC unit with the method he is planning to, if he can not trace and locate the fault to restore it to it default working operation and position, do away with him.

Vehicle Cooling fans are designed to automatically power ON when there is a high temperature build-up in the cooling system and as well power OFF when a considerable heat has been removed. However, it run non-stop when the HVAC (Heating Ventilating & Air Conditioning) system is active. They are not designed to run if the above conditions aren`t met. Telling you "Nigeria is Hot" is as lame as what I don`t know.

1 Like

Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2016
Itulah:
1) "Nigeria is hot" [/b]what kind of lame and lazy talk is that? That word alone from your so called AC expert is enough to send you away from his garage.
2) The Compressor was stock and was replace, what was wrong with the condenser that warrant replacement also?

Look, do not, I repeat do not allow that man to rewire the HVAC unit with the method he is planning to, if he can not trace and locate the fault to restore it to it default working operation and position, do away with him.

Vehicle Cooling fans are designed to automatically power ON when there is a high temperature build-up in the cooling system and as well power OFF when a considerable heat has been removed. However, it run non-stop when the [b]HVAC (Heating Ventilating & Air Conditioning) system
is active. They are not designed to run if the above conditions aren`t met. Telling you "Nigeria is Hot" is as lame as what I don`t know.

Thanks bro. I'm outta there already went to another ac tech who advised me to wait for a thorough computer scan and fixing. Let's see how that one goes
Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by Itulah(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2016
Find below, the link to related problem others with the same vehicle encounters.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/1568822-ml320-ac-problem-compressor-not-engaging.html
Re: My Mbenz Wahala Gurus Plz Come In And Help by sooperrescue(m): 1:53am On Jun 25, 2016
If your fan makes the humming sound while driving, i suggest that you change your central gateway module underneath the driver seat. If the scan goes thru, ignore my advice but if they cant access your car, then it is the cgw

(1) (Reply)

Imposter On Nairaland / Please Help Urgently Need These / Unbelievable Accident Victim Takes Selfie. On Spot After Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.