Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? (4763 Views)

Developers And Webmasters, How Do You Make Your Purchases Online? / Please Webmasters Whats The Name Of This Template / Webmasters How Can I Pay For Domain Name Without Paypal Or Credit Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by Brightgem(f): 11:08am On Jun 25, 2016
I face same challenge on my word press blog yourhealthattitude.com sometimes it opens fine on mobile other times it just shows feeds top left side of page. will this change if I self-host? Dnt knw codes or such..
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by RuddyFusion(m): 11:57am On Jun 25, 2016
The question is

1) Are you the one that built the site yourself? if yes did you build it from ground up Using HTML,CSS and JS? OR Used WordPress or other CMS?

2) if you're the one that built it using HTML,CSS AND JS its obvious you didn't incorporate mobile first and responsive design techniques. Are you aware of both? if you used mobile first approach, you would have seen how your site will look on mobile before proceeding to the desktop version, and responsive design helps make sure your site displays appropriately in different screens and devices

3) If you need help in incorporate what i mentioned above, do let me know....or seek for someone around you that have the knowledge of those techniques

4) fourthly you can use frontend frameworks like bootstrap or skeleton to get your site mobile friendly and responsive. They're tons of tutorials online that can help you on that, but if you need my help on that let me know.

5) Finally if you used WordPress for your site, what theme did you use? most current WordPress themes are mobile friendly and responsive.

and can we see this site?.....
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by ogaprime(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
dhtml18:
All the posters above me have already given you good advices. Because I cannot see the website in question, well, I cannot help you.

My website www.Nairaland.com did not use bootstrap or wordpress, i hand-coded the CSS directly and it works well for me - and displays properly in all browsers, even internet explorer 6.0.

I can teach you how to code CSS, but for starters, I shall advise you to use boostrap (for custom work), or wordpress to avoid stress.

Nice website...seems you built it from the scratch?? What tools did you use?? And how did you write your "about us, terms and privacy"?? Thanks..
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
CSS media queries is the solution. Who does a website this day without responsiveness, what we learned three years ago. cheesy
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
CSS media queries is the solution. Who does a website this day without responsiveness, what we learned three years ago. cheesy

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<style>
main CSS here for desktop view

@media screen and (max-width:320px){ responsive CSS codes here}
and so on .....</style>
</head>
<body>

codes here .....

</body>
</HTML>

Note: I quit coding to concentrate on forex /binary options where I make money easily . Remember the days of Javanian, Dual core, Kobo junkie, Beaf, Seun, DHTML(still active),
elvis10ten ( the 14year old developer) etc
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
ogaprime:

Nice website...seems you built it from the scratch?? What tools did you use?? And how did you write your "about us, terms and privacy"?? Thanks..
Na Baba o. Maybe only notepad++ and HTML,CSS,js,php,mysql

1 Like

Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2016
bedfordng:
you need to do more diggings on how to tweak your website based on the blogging platform you are using. Google should be your best shot
owk
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
Brightgem:
I face same challenge on my word press blog yourhealthattitude.com sometimes it opens fine on mobile other times it just shows feeds top left side of page. will this change if I self-host? Dnt knw codes or such..

Operamini problem
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
nairabinary:
Na Baba o. Maybe only notepad++ and HTML,CSS,js,php,mysql

you forgot.....

fayimora
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2016
GoodMuyis:

you forgot.....
fayimora
Yea the Mod then, where did that guy go
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by elvis10ten(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
nairabinary:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<style>
main CSS here for desktop view

@media screen and (max-width:320px){ responsive CSS codes here}
and so on .....</style>
</head>
<body>

codes here .....

</body>
</HTML>

Note: I quit coding to concentrate on forex /binary options where I make money easily . Remember the days of Javanian, Dual core, Kobo junkie, Beaf, Seun, DHTML(still active),
elvis10ten ( the 14year old developer) etc

(still active)
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
lordoseji:
is it a blog or forum?
forum
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by Brightgem(f): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Operamini problem
really? so a different browser will not do that then?
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2016
it's a forum and wasnt Coded From Scratch.. . dont know how to create forum from scratch so i used CMS. . it Has A Mobile Version Tho! But its totally diffrent from the main site ... . i need somethinq exactly like the full web... . thanks and contribute more still givinq your advice a try...
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
damlax:
Please add this to your head tag <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
thanks
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2016
nairabinary:
Yea the Mod then, where did that guy go

Maybe the guy crash with Nairaland that time and was not recovered...... Caramba
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by lyfeonweb1: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
jazinogold:
Pls check out mine.. its not mobile friendly! www.gatecrashng.

porter, why you dhey lie say your page no dhey mobile friendly... i check am sha.... keep it up

lyfeonweb.com
Re: Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? by lyfeonweb1: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
it's a forum and wasnt Coded From Scratch..
dont know how to create forum from scratch so i used CMS.
it Has A Mobile Version Tho! But its totally diffrent from the main site ...
i need somethinq exactly like the full web...
thanks and contribute more still givinq your advice a try...

since its a cms that has mobile version, well, i think @damlax reply should be there already...in the head tag...

@media queries is what i think you need....

lyfeonweb.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian "google Map" / 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer / Submit Your Site To Top Instant Approval Directories Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.