Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life (10092 Views)

7 Smart Ways To Balance Your Personal Life And Work Life / The 5 Best Jobs For Work-life Balance / How To Achieve A Work-life Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life by careercrew1: 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
PastorAji:
What if you resume at your workplace 6am nko

What of someone like me that work from Sunday to Sunday (Sunday to Friday) 6am - 7/8pm, (Saturday) 6am - 2/3pm

In other words, working 89-93 hours/week

In this situation you find yourself in shows that you need to have to evaluate your career first as it is obvious you are working in an organization that doesn't give room for career growth and development. .. I have written an article already on how you can evaluate your career. . Read here : http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-evaluate-your-career.html?m=1

After evaluating your career first then try to schedule your personal life. Draft out the important things you want to do after work, map out the irrelevant things you see yourself doing after work and reduce them.. Try to schedule things you want to do and spread it within a week or 2..For example, lets say you want to visit your grand mum, go clubbing, hang out with friends, and go out on a date with your bae...You can spread these activities in a week or 2...I hope this helps
Re: Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life by driand(m): 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
henryhemon:

Those things listed are nothing special so don't make it look like one. Except am adult who hardly know nothing.
Did you read my comment at all before quoting me? Try to read my comment again and again till you can comprehend it..
Re: Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life by PastorAji(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
To be candid, let me be open here
I work with WINNERS and our resumption time is before 6am.
It had gotten so "wonderful" that I visit my family (wife and kid" once every 15days even though we are both in Ibadan
even if there are some "free time" during work-hours, I can't just be darting here and there
I had seriously evaluated mine and I am seriously looking for means to "ball - out"

careercrew1:
In this situation you find yourself in shows that you need to have to evaluate your career first as it is obvious you are working in an organization that doesn't give room for career growth and development. .. I have written an article already on how you can evaluate your career. . Read here : http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-evaluate-your-career.html?m=1

After evaluating your career first then try to schedule your personal life. Draft out the important things you want to do after work, map out the irrelevant things you see yourself doing after work and reduce them.. Try to schedule things you want to do and spread it within a week or 2..For example, lets say you want to visit your grand mum, go clubbing, hang out with friends, and go out on a date with your bae...You can spread these activities in a week or 2...I hope this helps
Re: Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life by careercrew1: 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
PastorAji:
To be candid, let me be open here
I work with WINNERS and our resumption time is before 6am.
It had gotten so "wonderful" that I visit my family (wife and kid" once every 15days even though we are both in Ibadan
even if there are some "free time" during work-hours, I can't just be darting here and there
I had seriously evaluated mine and I am seriously looking for means to "ball - out"

I am glad that you are honest with your current situation. ...It is good that you have evaluated your career and decided to quit. .. Most marriages of today are crashing on daily basis because several husbands /wives don't balance their work/personal lives hence their work overshadows the love they should have been sharing with their families during their personal time..
Please draft a schedule and plan your personal life to balance with your current job as I instructed until you get a better offer or start your own business..All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life by careercrew1: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
A lot of people need this article to enable them balance their lives
Re: Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life by vnlabor(f): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2016
Great tips! Who doesn't enjoy a work-life balance, especially those have children, right? I'd like to add 2 more tips for people who have just started to try to strike a balance between work and life:

1. Assess your current situation
To get started, you need to analyze all aspects of your work (job characteristics, short and long term goals, ambition) and personal life (personality, personal habits, general lifestyle, family obligation, spirituality…). Then you have to identify your problems with your work and personal life to discard and figure out your top priorities which really matter to you to focus on.

2. Ask for support when needed

Depend on each job characteristics, your work – life balance can be easier or harder to achieve. For instance, if you are working as a travel coordinator who has to be always at the service 24/7, you can stop thinking about work life balance in this career.
If you want to achieve work – life balance, make an open conversation with your manager. I believe that he/she will empathize because he/she also wants the same thing, especially if you are a standout employee. Make sure that you understand the company policies and can make benefits for both employer and you if following your time arrangement. You need also ask your colleagues to help you some tasks or avoid contact you for work purpose after you leave the office. And if you can’t reach any agreement, it’s time to consider a job move which allows you more flexibility in time.

Source: http://vnmanpower.com/en/4-steps-to-achieve-better-work-life-balance-bl205.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book / Top 5 Effective Negotiation Skills / Stop Calling Everyone An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.