Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,486 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Dealing With A Reckless Maid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Reckless Maid (1990 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
I recently travelled home for a few weeks and I have been living at my parent's house. My mum has had this maid for 5yrs now but i do not quite understand why. My sister has complained that she uses up the home phone then lies to my parents that my sister used up the credit behind her back. I also figured this out because i have caught her receiving calls on the phone and she forgot to delete her outgoing calls from that phone.

She steals keys to the pantry to take stuff when everyone is not around. My parents buy things in bulk and keep it in the pantry and storeroom and my sister also said that these things vanish mysteriously, from soap, washing powder, toilet paper, cooking oil...almost everything!

Thing is my mum seems too reluctant to replace but we all know that greed has no limits, one day she might actually end emptying the house because my mother does nothing about it. The reason why its really irritating me is because I contribute to my parent's groceries and other house appliances.

Last year i got my mum nice set of stainless steel pots, some with glass lids and the other set with steel lids, most of the glass lids are broken and some of the knobs on the steel lids are loose and some have fallen off. I got myself similar pots and mine are still intact, but my mother's looks like they were bought 15yrs ago. I am at a point where i just want to stop sending stuff if they are just going to allow the maid to do whatever she wants with the stuff.

To top it off this woman is rude, this morning she asked me why I moved the newspapers she was stocking up in the house, and I told her i wanted to put my sewing machine where she was keeping those old newspapers because i was making use of it. This thing had the guts to tell me to move my sewing machine elsewhere because thats where she wants to put the newspapers ( because she is too lazy to tie them up and put them in the garage where we keep the rest) I had to tell her if she had a problem with where i keep my stuff in my parents house, then maybe she needs to move in the rabbit cages outside where she can boss them around instead!

I did not even know this was possible but the fridge door has mould on it and the kitchen cabinets are never properly cleaned unless my sister takes everything out in order for her to actually keep them up once a month. If you do not switch the TV off she will spend the whole day on Telemundo.

This maid keeps contact with one of my dad's sisters that doesn't get along with my mother and I am not comfortable with this at all because everyone in the family knows that this aunt of mine is a busybody. Once she went around telling every relative who cared to listen that my father stole her building material to build his house (what really happened was that her and her husband went broke and couldnt afford building the mansion they were bragging about, so she obviously had to make up a story.) She has also accused my mum of being violent and hostile towards my half brother, funny thing was my mum was the one who actually took my half brother to school and helped him pay for his wedding and honeymoon. And of all the people, this is the person this maid decides to "buddy up" with.

Since telling my mum to get someone else doesnt help, i just figured i should stop sending her stuff, because I am getting fed up of buying stuff for someone else to steal or use recklessly. Honestly i feel like my mum takes this whole "compassionate christian" thing too far, because this woman is clearly dancing azonto on top of her head. Am I being too harsh?
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by mekzyjoe(m): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by donbenedict(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Odiegwu grin

Dis one don turn fuji house of commotion sotey maid go dey challenge person weh join get house.

Op between two of una abeg who "senior" each oda?

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by bravitudenatura(f): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
If your mom has no problem with her then she might start thinking you hate her. Talk to your mom if she doesn't see reasons with you then let her be and she just pray your mum see reason. Keep your things and important things out of her reach.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by Bespiel: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
I guess she has paid her dues in the house and now 'enjoying' her pension. Any attempt to forcefully send her out will be tantamount to wickedness. Your family owes her reorientation and get her move on with life in right perspectives, till she is due to exit...

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
Odiegwu grin

Dis one don turn fuji house of commotion sotey maid go dey challenge person weh join get house.

Op between two of una abeg who "senior" each oda?
she is a decade older than me but she acts like she has no sense
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by donbenedict(m): 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
SisterCaro:
she is a decade older than me but she acts like she has no sense
I guess u must have talked to your mum severally about her behavior yet she doesn't want to look into the matter right?

Have you ever made a place a living hell for someone before? wink

One of my wicked aunts came to live with us so many years back, she was just acting like a tyrant.. chei.. my younger brother showed her pepper.

She had no option Dan to leave.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by Tay16(f): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
I guess u must have talked to your mum severally about her behavior yet she doesn't want to look into the matter right?

One of my wicked aunts came to live with us so many years back, she was just acting like a tyrant.. chei.. my younger brother showed her pepper.

this reminds me of a friend who framed a stubborn maid and she was fired! grin your brother and my friend are a match made in heaven
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by Onegai(f): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
Get rid of her, if you need to set her up for something, do so.

What? I'm being honest. No-one should come for my head. I have some experience with this matter.

Sometimes we hold onto things longer than we should because we are mentally not ready for change. And we give people chances way past when we should stop.

Get rid of that lady. Let her go and look for employment elsewhere. Even the fact that she is friendly with someone her employer has an issue with is enough grounds for dismissal. And she's lying against your sister, bringing friction between a parent and a child. Your parents don't want to do it so it's your job to protect them.

I know someone in your situation and they left their elderly mother there with the woman. The housekeeper took all her old coral beads and exchanged them for fakes. They only discovered this when their mum passed away and the woman suddenly insisted she couldn't stay to even help them during the burial period. She had cleaned out her madam's jewelry. They recovered nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by donbenedict(m): 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
Tay16:
this reminds me of a friend who framed a stubborn maid and she was fired! grin your brother and my friend are a match made in heaven
I swear... grin

If na my younger brother dey dis op house eh, the maid clothes go dey loss one by one until she no go get wetin to wear sef. Him go start with pant.. den bra..

Second he go carry mumsy jewelry take hide for the maid bag.. den tell mumsy say he dey suspect d maid grin

E dey very easy to make place living hell for person I tell u cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by Tay16(f): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
donbenedict:
I swear... grin

If na my younger brother dey dis op house eh, the maid clothes go dey loss one by one until she no go get wetin to wear sef. Him go start with pant.. den bra..

Second he go carry mumsy jewelry take hide for the maid bag.. den tell mumsy say he dey suspect d maid grin

E dey very easy to make place living hell for person I tell u cheesy
haaa your brother is legendary
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by nnamdibig(m): 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
like you said, she is dancing azonto on your mother's head. I think the maid is on a mission( probably an evil mission). Again something gave her the mind or still giving her the mind to act the way she is acting. You should pay more attention to that.
Try and find out wetin dey give her mind.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by crackhaus: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Wait, I need to understand something.

You mean your mother has a maid, and you went visiting...then some incident occured by happenstance regarding where to put the sewing-machine/newspapers, and this MAID in your PARENT'S HOUSE told you to move the sewing-machine (like literally) because she wants to place the newspapers on that very spot.

HOW? undecided
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by cococandy(f): 12:12am On Jun 25, 2016
But you're calling her a thing. Which means that your attitude is no better than hers.

Looking at her bad behavior, you've no choose than to convince your mother to let her go. She's your mom's maid and you can't send her packing without mama's approval. Just do your best to convince her.
You can't also punish your mom by refusing to send things for her just so the maid won't destroy or misuse them.
Your only option is to get your mom on your side.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by crackhaus: 12:13am On Jun 25, 2016
nnamdibig:
like you said, she is dancing azonto on your mother's head. I think the maid is on a mission( probably an evil mission). Again something gave her the mind or still giving her the mind to act the way she is acting. You should pay more attention to that.
Try and find out wetin dey give her mind.
Nothing to bother finding out bro.

My mother will just go out, then return and not see the maid again. Worst she can do is throw tantrums till she gets tired.
True story.

If mother goes and gets the maid back, I will go back and eject her again. Worst still, more tantrums.
Another true story. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
donbenedict:

Lol to be honest I do not have time to be plotting evil against her. I am busy trying to plan a wedding and a graduation party in this short time I am home.

I have just figured that I will let her learn from her mistakes and not give myself a nose bleed over it. Even my dad has complained about her continued presence but my mother still wants to hold on because the woman has 3kids to take care of.

My father has been renovating some of his rental property and I have decided to just help out with that instead. It would be great to know that i am helping with something that won't be wasted by some stranger.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
cococandy:
But you're calling her a thing. Which means that your attitude is no better than hers.

Looking at her bad behavior, you've no choose than to convince your mother to let her go. She's your mom's maid and you can't send her packing without mama's approval. Just do your best to convince her.
You can't also punish your mom by refusing to send things for her just so the maid won't destroy or misuse them.
Your only option is to get your mom on your side.

Should i have used nincompoop instead? undecided
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
crackhaus:
Wait, I need to understand something.

You mean your mother has a maid, and you went visiting...then some incident occured by happenstance regarding where to put the sewing-machine/newspapers, and this MAID in your PARENT'S HOUSE told you to move the sewing-machine (like literally) because she wants to place the newspapers on that very spot.

HOW? undecided
Ever since i left home for varsity my bedroon was sort of turned into a guest bedroom since i only used it like once a year after that. Thing is she started stocking up old news papers on top of my stuff in the room, so when i returned i took the newspapers to her room instead since she already knows that she has to take them to the garage at the end of every week (this pile looked like it was for 4-5months) She was keeping them on my work desk and she was expecting me to remove my stuff im working on off my desk so she could put old newspapers there instead. This really pissed me off and thats why i ended up snapping at her.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by cococandy(f): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2016
SisterCaro:

Should i have used nincompoop instead? undecided
No.

Because she's a maid doesn't mean she's less human than you.
Fine she's bad mannered but you're no better.
I bet if someone of a higher standing offends you, you wouldn't be thinking of nincompoop or thing as a descriptive term for them.
But it's a maid. So How dare the 'thing'?.

You can get her sacked, reprimanded or whatever punishment is befitting for her ill behavior without the less than human adjectives.

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
cococandy:
No.

I bet if someone of a higher standing offends you, you wouldn't be thinking of nincompoop or thing as a descriptive term for them.

You can get her sacked, reprimanded or whatever punishment is befitting for her ill behavior without the less than human adjectives.
i do not ever remember Buhari's status stopping me for calling him a "stupid thing" for his lack of competence. If you think i called her a thing because she is a maid and therefore less of a human being, well thats your own interpretation and I cannot be blamed for it.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by cococandy(f): 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2016
Very well then
SisterCaro:
i do not ever remember Buhari's status stopping me for calling him a "stupid thing" for his lack of competence. If you think i called her a thing because she is a maid and therefore less of a human being, well thats your own interpretation and I cannot be blamed for it.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by donbenedict(m): 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
SisterCaro:
Lol to be honest I do not have time to be plotting evil against her. I am busy trying to plan a wedding and a graduation party in this short time I am home.

I have just figured that I will let her learn from her mistakes and not give myself a nose bleed over it. Even my dad has complained about her continued presence but my mother still wants to hold on because the woman has 3kids to take care of.

My father has been renovating some of his rental property and I have decided to just help out with that instead. It would be great to know that i am helping with something that won't be wasted by some stranger.
alright well, then ur mum is the one dat needs some serious talk
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by Benblaq(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2016
put cameroun pepper for ha private part wen she is slipin...i bet u..u sef go fear d kind speed she go use run

Thnk me lter
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by blank(f): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Get a replacement then ask her to leave.

Pay her off for 5 years of service. That's what I would have done.
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by oluafam: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
cococandy:
No.

I soo much like you. I dislike that word 'thing' she used. For crying out loud that woman(thing) is ten years older than her.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by SisterCaro(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
Benblaq:
put cameroun pepper for ha private part wen she is slipin...i bet u..u sef go fear d kind speed she go use run

Thnk me lter
lol you are very wicked
Re: Dealing With A Reckless Maid by cococandy(f): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
oluafam:
I soo much like you. I dislike that word 'thing' she used. For crying out loud that woman(thing) is ten years older than her.
blush blush

(1) (Reply)

"My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This / I'm I Safe With My Gas Cooker? / What's The Name Of This Animal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.