Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian (1740 Views)

10 Solid Reasons Why I Am Going To Be President... / Five Solid Reasons Why APC Will Win In Edo State / Habu Sabo: I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian Soldier- Army Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
[b]Its no longer news that the economic situation around the country is not encouraging; market prices of goods keep hiking on a daily basis,many jobless graduates roam the streets, different terror groups threatening the government and there's every reason to begin to wish we never experienced this hardship.

Many citizens are beginning to give up on the country, while some wish they were never born Nigerians in the first place.

Today, I bring you succour. I present you ten reasons that should make you proud being a Nigerian, they will take you on a sober reflection to the positive side of the nation and how great we truly are.

1) ETHNIC DIVERSITY
Nigeria is home to over 250 ethnic groups and over 500
languages. There's practically no Where else in the world you can find this.

2. ABUNDANCE OF NATURAL RESOURCES
Pumping over 2.4 million barrels of oil per day, Nigeria is Africa’s largest oil producer. In addition to this, it has a wide array of underexploited mineral resources which include natural gas, coal, bauxite, tantalite, gold, tin, iron ore, limestone, niobium, lead, zinc etc.
How many countries in the world can boast of this

3. A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM

The “Super Eagles” have made the World Cup on 4
occasions – in 1994, 1998, 2002, and in 2010. They won the African Cup of Nations in 1980, 1994, and 2013. They won the gold medal for football in the 1996 Summer Olympics (in which they beat Argentina) becoming the first African football team to win gold in Olympic Football. Now isn't that something to be proud of?

4 HOME TO INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED WRITERS:

Nigeria’s best-known writers include Wole Soyinka, the first African Nobel Laureate in Literature, Chinua Achebe, Ben Okri, John Pepper Clark, Cyprian Ekwensi, Buchi Emecheta, Helon Habila, T. M. Aluko, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and
many others.[/b]

1 Like

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by successmatters(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
Laughing in Agatu language cheesy grin

There are more than 100 reasons to be an "ashamed" Nigerian

I am typing this from an army checkpoint because they seized my car as I refused to pay a bribe. Only I Nigeria grin

If these army men catch me typing this enh grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
[b]5. NATURAL BEAUTY:
Have you been to Ogbudu Cattle ranch? How about The Mandara mountains? Have you visited the ancient city of Kano? How about the Mambilla Plateau in Taraba? These are just few examples of places that epitomize the beauty of nature in Nigeria.

6. HUGE FILM INDUSTRY:
Nollywood is the 3rd largest film industry in the world after Hollywood and Bollywood and we have many of our thespians that have infiltrated Hollywood too. Be proud dear!

7.NEGLIGIBLE NATURAL DISASTERS:
There are very few natural disasters that occur in Nigeria and most times they could have been averted. The commonest one is flooding and maybe fire outbreak which normally comes from electric sparks. Many countries around the world experience worse, talk about disasters like volcanic eruption, earthquake, frequent thunderbolts etc. We are blessed, be proud.

8.AGRICULTURE.
Even though we haven't explored this sector to the maximum, we have the potential and capacity to succeed agriculturally and have enough food for ourselves. Nigeria is blessed with fertile lands and atmosphere for agriculture to thrive. Be proud.[/b]

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
9.FREEDOM

It is in Nigeria you can get a new job regardless of where you come from,gender or colour. You can marry who you want to, say anything in public or be who you really want to become without fear of getting persecution by the government of the day. There is just so much freedom to play around with.

10. GIANT OF AFRICA.
Most importantly,With a population of over 180 million, Nigeria is Africa’s largest country by number of inhabitants, hence the Giant of Africa. Since 2014 it can now proudly boast that it is also Africa’s largest economy, a spot that was previously held by South Africa. Now, ain't you Proud to be a Nigerian?

SOURCE. www.ogabenji..com

1 Like

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
successmatters:

I am typing this from an army checkpoint because they seized my car as I refused to pay a bribe. Only I Nigeria grin

lipsrsealed lol, seriously Take heart sis, there are many reasons to be proud of your nation.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by 4kings: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
successmatters:

LMAO, though.

But I disagree with you. Nigeria is a great country despite some of the crazy things that happens.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by SurefireFashion: 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yeah......... FREEDOM
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
SurefireFashion:
Yeah......... FREEDOM
Yea.. A lot of freedom.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
4kings:

LMAO, though.

But I disagree with you. Nigeria is a great country despite some of the crazy things that happens.
Sure. If not for corruption..........
There are many things to be proud of. Many!!
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
This will go a long way in giving us a new orientation about this country and initiating a sense of deep thought to remind us of the beauty and positive sides of the country.
Lalasticlala, don't you think this is FP worthy
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by successmatters(m): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
Capableben:
9.FREEDOM

It is in Nigeria you can get a new job regardless of where you come from,gender or colour. You can marry who you want to, say anything in public or be who you really want to become without fear of getting persecution by the government of the day. There is just so much freedom to play around with.

10. GIANT OF AFRICA.
Most importantly,With a population of over 180 million, Nigeria is Africa’s largest country by number of inhabitants, hence the Giant of Africa. Since 2014 it can now proudly boast that it is also Africa’s largest economy, a spot that was previously held by South Africa. Now, ain't you Proud to be a Nigerian?

SOURCE. www.ogabenji..com

Freedom

In Nigeria?

And Nnamdi Kanu is in detention without trial for mere talking

You are the biggest joker of 2016

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by successmatters(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
4kings:

LMAO, though.

Nigeria has never been great, not great now and never will be in future with these set of blundering leaders supported by a section of the country who thrives in mediocrity.

This country is doomed to failure.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by jovialSoul001(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
successmatters:

give one of them the phone lemme chat with den
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by jovialSoul001(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
PLEASE GUYS LET'S TAKE THINGS SERIOUS ON Naira land . THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST TIME SUCH THINGS HAPPEN . I KNOW WE ARE HERE FOR A COMMON GOAL BUT MUST HAVE BOUNDARIES AND RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER'S PRIVATE AND PERSONAL LIVES . WHO GAVE PRESIDENT BUHARI MY NUMBER ?...
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
successmatters:

Freedom

In Nigeria?

And Nnamdi Kanu is in detention without trial for mere talking

You are the biggest joker of 2016
Well, I insist that Nigeria is a great nation. Take a look at it with my "eyes"
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
successmatters:

Nigeria has never been great, not great now and never will be in future with these set of blundering leaders supported by a section of the country who thrives in mediocrity.

Yes, you have a point. But we are still a great nation. We would have been greater and better off without these set of corrupt leaders we have tho. That's our greatest bane in the country-Bad Leaders!!!
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lalasticlala, this is FP worthy o.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by 4kings: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
successmatters:

Along with all its individual entities, including you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by codedguy1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
All these things wey u list so

Na how many people e epp for Naija?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by oweniwe(m): 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Capableben:
[b]9.FREEDOM
It is in Nigeria you can get a new job regardless of where you come from,gender or colour. [/quote]

angry angry

If you're yoruba, go apply for kano state govt job

You can marry who you want to,

shocked shocked angry

Ah.. can igbo man marry sultan daughter? angry

say anything in public or be who you really want to become without fear o. getting persecution by the government of the day.
angry angry

Abiola, Ken saro wiwa and co who were locked up nko?

There is just so much freedom to play around with.

If I whooze you slap.... Try go out at 12am in port harcourt angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by buharisbae(f): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
That's the problem! No 2 we are too dependent on the fvcking oil
#prouldlynigerian!
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by GworoChewinMaga: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
Total arrant nonsense

3 Likes

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by coolzeal(m): 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
An unpatriotic citizens that has no regards for justice, nation building and human lives. Nigeria is an hypocritical nation and there's nothing to be proud of. I detest this nation wholeheartedly.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by JimiOgunlola: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
The OP must be fulani, I can see his struggling attempt to protect monumental fraud created by lugard the drunken sailor all in a bid to keep oil flowing. Shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Kexorcist(m): 4:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Nigeria > USA -- in America, you go to school for 4 years, put yourself a quarter million dollars in debt, and you still can't get a job! grin

And #11: Everyone in the world recognizes Nigeria and cares very much about its very unlucky royal family.

1 Like

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
codedguy1:
All these things wey u list so

Na how many people e epp for Naija?
Na you suppose EPP am not other way round!!
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Capableben(m): 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
The OP must be fulani, I can see his struggling attempt to protect monumental fraud created by lugard the drunken sailor all in a bid to keep oil flowing. Shame
well, I'm not Fulani or anywhere near that.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by JimiOgunlola: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2016
Capableben:
well, I'm not Fulani or anywhere near that.

keep fighting for them, they'll dash you 20 cows for your efforts. Enough Eran Maluu for you.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by attackgat: 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
Anyone who calls himself a 'proud Nigerian' is just a proud slave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by Neoguru1: 12:42am On Jun 26, 2016
Proud of demonic entity?
They say a fool at 40 is a fool forever
N.ì§eri@ is foolish at 50+, that means it shouldnt have existed in the first instance.
Re: 10 Solid Reasons You Should Be A Proud Nigerian by successmatters(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2016
Capableben:
Well, I insist that Nigeria is a great nation. Take a look at it with my "eyes"

Your eyes must be myopic .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking Federal High Court Affirm Ikpeazu Election / Unraveling The “mystery” Of Donald Trump’s Nigerian Supporters / These Are Governor El Rufai Controversial Tweets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.