Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car (30806 Views)

10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses / Five Fluids You Should Check To Keep Your Car Running Smoothly / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by ashjay001(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I'm wondering what they will use as a yardstick for this test.

Smoke tins n sound!

1 Like

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by miqos02(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2016
SPG4U:
OP are you talking about this people?
u are wicked
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I'm wondering what they will use as a yardstick for this test.

Maybe to check if ur engine is smoking
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 25, 2016
KangaIye:
I fear those guys called VIO

Worse than Road Safety

1 Like

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by GBAGAAUN(m): 8:04am On Jun 25, 2016
smiley
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by princemillla(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2016
chimauga:
I wonder what govt agents take Nigerian citizens for, police,VIO,FRSC all are doing same checking on Nigerian vehicles, but non is checking the bad conditions of our vehicles that is creating huge damage on our roads,govt is bent on many Nigerians suffer...
I wonder where we are going from here, let govt stop all these vehicle checks first and put our roads in good condition.,i belive if our roads are OK our vehicles won't be spoiling ,our vehicle will maintain 100% for long long time

Fixed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by sammhi(m): 8:33am On Jun 25, 2016
Actually, those are thingsa are what they should check in their their office or garage before they issue the car or vehicle owner with roadworthines Certificate...
but they don't....
VIO and FRSc have. no business being on the road and stopping cars at random....it is never done in any civilised society even in Ghana ...you won't see such. ....but impunity reigns here ..
The only way FRSc or VIO comes to play is when you are involved in accident or commit an offence
FRSC,VIO , Police may be on the road but not to stop cars randomly... it is illegal and fraudulent
But as a people , we are so primitive and ignorant so the govt and their agencies take full advantage of this......
VIO has no business stopping cars on the road randomly...if you go around the world , you will know it is only in Nigeria you have this impunity...
it is shame ....they give you roadworthiness certificate without even seeing the car..once the fees is paid ....that is fraud too or corruption on the people by Govt

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by 1kinggy(m): 8:33am On Jun 25, 2016
How many of their own vehicles meet ALL this condition?

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by starlingbawa(m): 8:37am On Jun 25, 2016
I didn't realise until i experienced this first hand while driving from Warri to Lagos in 2014.
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by akigbemaru: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2016
Vehicle inspection.
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by professore(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
Very simple and useful.
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2016
HESSS CUUSS ME OO.
ANEED TO ASS YOU A QUESTION.

1. Will they Enter my car, drive it At 32 km/hr, Step on the brake to see if the car will jam a nearby bulldozer located 8m from the point of brake application?

2. If you stand 60m away, and I horn and you can't hear, can't I come closer to you and horn again?

3. Does my 1984 well maintained VW Beatle have this Air Emission thing? Is it sold in Shoprite?

4. How many Nigerians, Graduates, Senators and PMB himself can measure 0.063 inches thread depth of their car tyres. If my tyre is 0.064 inches , I hope I'm OK Ooo!

DAZALL..

3 Likes

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2016

VIO has no business stopping cars on the road randomly...if you go around the world , you will know it is only in Nigeria you have this impunity...
it is shame ....they give you roadworthiness certificate without even seeing the car..once the fees is paid ....that is fraud too or corruption on the people by Govt

The sad fact is that VIO are so BAD that they specifically make use of TIGHT ROADS AND TRAFFIC JAM to stop you. When they know you CANNOT use another alternate route. They leave you know freedom. They know people will run them over if they tried their stunt on open roads.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by uvalued(m): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
Brakes: Foot Brake must stop your car within a distance of 8 metres at a speed of 32km/h. Parking Brake should be adequate to hold your car.

Lights: All vehicles must be equipped with a set of functional head lights and tail lights. The brake lights and turn signals must be in good working condition.

Horn: The must be heard from a distance of 60 metres

Emission: The vehicle must be equipped with an exhaust emission system that helps reduce air pollution.

Number plate: All passenger and commercial vehicles must have one valid number plate at the front and one at the rear except motorcycles that are only issued one number plate.

Windshield wipers: The wipers must be capable of cleaning the windshield effectively.

Rearview Mirrors: Must be well located/positioned in order to reflect your rear view on the highway for a distance of 60 metres.

General body: General body of the car must be in good condition.

Tyres: All vehicles are required to be equipped with tyres that are in proper and safe condition with a minimum tread depth of 0.063 inches. Also, the tyres must not be older than 4 years.

Engine: Must be in a good condition.

Other Accessories: This includes your jack, C-caution, extinguisher etc.

Credit: Nigerian Drivers Conference and Vehicle Inspection Service.

http://autojosh.com/11-things-vio-vehicle-inspection-officers-will-check-to-determine-if-your-car-is-roadworthy/
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
Brakes: Foot Brake must stop your car within a distance of 8 metres at a speed of 32km/h. Parking Brake should be adequate to hold your car.

Lights: All vehicles must be equipped with a set of functional head lights and tail lights. The brake lights and turn signals must be in good working condition.

Horn: The must be heard from a distance of 60 metres

Emission: The vehicle must be equipped with an exhaust emission system that helps reduce air pollution.

Number plate: All passenger and commercial vehicles must have one valid number plate at the front and one at the rear except motorcycles that are only issued one number plate.

Windshield wipers: The wipers must be capable of cleaning the windshield effectively.

Rearview Mirrors: Must be well located/positioned in order to reflect your rear view on the highway for a distance of 60 metres.

General body: General body of the car must be in good condition.

Tyres: All vehicles are required to be equipped with tyres that are in proper and safe condition with a minimum tread depth of 0.063 inches. Also, the tyres must not be older than 4 years.

Engine: Must be in a good condition.

Other Accessories: This includes your jack, C-caution, extinguisher etc.

Credit: Nigerian Drivers Conference and Vehicle Inspection Service.

http://autojosh.com/11-things-vio-vehicle-inspection-officers-will-check-to-determine-if-your-car-is-roadworthy/

these are things you just made yourself
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by AdeniyiA(m): 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
AdeniyiA:
Nonsense undecided , checking road worthiness of vehicles on unworthy roads.

Ain't the roads the ones making most vehicles road unworthy?
chimauga:
I wonder what govt agents take Nigerian citizens for, police,VIO,FRSC all are doing same checking on Nigerian vehicles, but non is checking the bad conditions of our road that is creating huge damage on our roads,govt is bent on many Nigerians suffer...
I wonder where we are going from here, let govt stop all these vehicle checks first and put our roads in good condition.,i belive if our roads are OK our vehicles won't be spoiling ,our vehicle will maintain 100% for long long time

Great minds think alike...
#irresponsiblegovernmentoppresses undecided
Re: 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
KangaIye:
I fear those guys called VIO
"Bastardino."
Oh sorry it means "Wonderful Men" in Spanish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Fatal Accident On Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) / South Africa Nervous Over Nigeria's Rising Auto Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.