Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? (5062 Views)

"Amebo" In Nigeria Parlance: Its Origin And Meaning / The Origin Of Urhobo People / Olorogun: Origin And How It Became Accepted In Urhoho/isoko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Guess their origin and where can they pass?

tongue cheesy
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
Obiorathesubtle who give you cashew nuts? tongue
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by emmalexabl(m): 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
THE TRIBE IS YORUBAS OF THE SOUTHWEST NIGERIA..........I JUST GOOGLED IT.
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
slyIsaac:
Obiorathesubtle who give you cashew nuts? tongue

Hmm?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
emmalexabl:
THE TRIBE IS YORUBAS OF THE SOUTHWEST NIGERIA..........I JUST GOOGLED IT.

tongue grin Are you sure?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
bump
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Bespiel: 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Guess, just like that?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Bespiel:
Guess, just like that?

Yep guess their origin like where they come from, what ethnic group, etc... smiley cheesy grin
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Bespiel: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
Kambuziya:

Yep guess their origin like where they come from, what ethnic group, etc... smiley cheesy grin

Kanuri grin
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
Bespiel:

Kanuri grin

Haha nope. cheesy
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Bespiel: 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Kambuziya:

Haha nope. cheesy

Na your people them be na
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 12:02am On Jun 25, 2016
Bespiel:

Na your people them be na

grin Actually dey not from Naija. tongue tongue
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Bespiel: 12:05am On Jun 25, 2016
Kambuziya:

grin Actually dey not from Naija. tongue tongue

I didn't mention Nigeria too, plus you never told me your country of origin na grin
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 12:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Bespiel:

I didn't mention Nigeria too, plus you never told me your country of origin na grin

I will tell my country of origin once the answer is revealed for these group origin. grin
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by makahlj2: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Are they even African?

1 Like

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jun 30, 2016
Papua New Guinea

1 Like

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
makahlj2:
Are they even African?

Sorry for very very late reply. (Have not been active for almost a year) They actually not from Africa. grin
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Muafrika2:
Papua New Guinea

Nope. Go further west. Can they pass as West African based on their phenotypes and how typical?

Sorry for very very late reply. (Have been inactive for almost a year)
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Kambuziya:

Nope. Go further west. Can they pass as West African based on their phenotypes and how typical?

Sorry for very very late reply. (Have been inactive for almost a year)
Welcome back.

India, I've seen very African-like Indians (including the hair) on a documentary.

They would be Nilotes if they were in Africa. Somewhere between the Sahara and the tropics along the equator smiley

1 Like

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by RedboneSmith(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Andaman Islanders.

2 Likes

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 3:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Muafrika2:

Welcome back.

India, I've seen very African-like Indians (including the hair) on a documentary.

They would be Nilotes if they were in Africa. Somewhere between the Sahara and the tropics along the equator smiley

Thank you! Good to be back! smiley

Hmm yep. They are from Andaman Islands which is part of India. Are these African-looking Indians you mentioned Andaman Islanders?

Interesting. They resembled Nilotes phenotypically more than other Africans? They will be pretty short Nilotes tho. :p

Can a few of them pass in the Central or West Africa?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 3:25am On Apr 17, 2017
RedboneSmith:
Andaman Islanders.

Congrats! Yep they are the Onge and Jarawa. Can you see them passing in West or Central Africa?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 17, 2017
Kambuziya:

Thank you! Good to be back! smiley

Hmm yep. They are from Andaman Islands which is part of India. Are these African-looking Indians you mentioned Andaman Islanders?

Interesting. They resembled Nilotes phenotypically more than other Africans? They will be pretty short Nilotes tho. :p

Can a few of them pass in the Central or West Africa?
The ones I saw were from the Indian sub continent. Here they are;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJFiut0s-ys

There are tribes currently around Kenya, Ethiopia Sudan borders that would suit their looks. The tribes around the Omo Valley.

You are right about the height. I've noticed most Africans who went to Asia before the recent colonization of Africa tend to be short. They must have been the hunter gatherer communities that lived in East and Central Africa before invasion by the Bantu. I've noticed the same of the slaves in places like Yemen.

1 Like

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2017
Muafrika2:

The ones I saw were from the Indian sub continent. Here they are;

There are tribes currently around Kenya, Ethiopia Sudan borders that would suit their looks. The tribes around the Omo Valley.

You are right about the height. I've noticed most Africans who went to Asia before the recent colonization of Africa tend to be short. They must have been the hunter gatherer communities that lived in East and Central Africa before invasion by the Bantu. I've noticed the same of the slaves in places like Yemen.

Are they called Siddis in India? You mean tribes in East Africa like those from Omo Valley that would more like Siddis or Andaman Islanders?

Yes those that went to Asa can be pretty short. Or even among those in East and Central Africa like the Pygmies.

Are the slaves in Yemen called Akhdam?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 17, 2017
Kambuziya:

Are they called Siddis in India? You mean tribes in East Africa like those from Omo Valley that would more like Siddis or Andaman Islanders?

Yes those that went to Asa can be pretty short. Or even among those in East and Central Africa like the Pygmies.

Are the slaves in Yemen called Akhdam?

Yeah, Siddis. I think they would fit in there with one or two tribes.

Am not sure what the Yemeni slaves are called.

1 Like

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by RedboneSmith(m): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Kambuziya:

Congrats! Yep they are the Onge and Jarawa. Can you see them passing in West or Central Africa?

I really think there's something distinctive about their looks. If I saw a group of them in Lagos or Asaba, they'll surely stick out. But that's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 2:55am On Apr 18, 2017
Muafrika2:

Yeah, Siddis. I think they would fit in there with one or two tribes.

Am not sure what the Yemeni slaves are called.

Oh I see. Thank you.

Btw can I send you a message or something?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 2:56am On Apr 18, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I really think there's something distinctive about their looks. If I saw a group of them in Lagos or Asaba, they'll surely stick out. But that's just my opinion.

Interesting.Where would they pass better in Africa?
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Kambuziya:

Oh I see. Thank you.

Btw can I send you a message or something?
Of course, would love to make your acquaintance smiley
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 3:21am On Apr 18, 2017
Muafrika2:

Of course, would love to make your acquaintance smiley
Already send. smiley
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 18, 2017
Kambuziya:

Already send. smiley
Thanks. Check your mail,
Re: Guess Their Origin And Where Can They Pass? by Kambuziya: 4:01am On Apr 18, 2017
Muafrika2:

Thanks. Check your mail,

Do you know where to find the inbox? This is the first few times I really send email message to others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dna Test Confirms I Share 87% Nigerian Dna 84% Yoruba. / Picture Collection About Past Events In Nigeria's History / Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.