Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale - Fashion (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale (224212 Views)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
LordScent:

okay you have a point there.

Its all good now. Wana send you a mail tommorrow abt sumtin

Okay, I'd be expecting.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by HitlerGaddafi: 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Who beauty contest epp? But o boy this mimzy of a girl go sweet fùck sha.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2016
N1one:
Congratulations lanicky.

You're the best cheesy cheesy cheesy
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by illuminada: 12:20am On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

cool ivvy!
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by KangaIye: 12:57am On Jun 27, 2016
onatisi:

How did u arrive at such a conclusion
This is the problem with human beings ,we assume we know things without actually knowing anything. We have 36 states in Nigeria and nairaland cuts across all states and all nations of this planet earth,so where did u get the figure of Lagos nairaland user base
I don't think the name lanicky is associated with any tribe. The problem with Nigerians is we always like to shift the blame of our failures on other people and never want to admit our own mistakes and shortcomings . Lanicky isn't the prettiest or best BUT HER TEAM CANVASSED FOR VOTES AND GOT IT. Why didn't the other contestants too canvassed for Lagos votes if truly that was a determinant factor? Do you know the huge number of ibos living in Lagos too and who are members of nairaland
Lanicky won fair and square. You cant do it alone in this world ,you need good people to support you and lanicky was lucky to have good team members

Guy I owe you one bottle of Orijin plus or zero cool

4 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by KangaIye: 12:58am On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

You're the best cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Sweetheart you are a queen just push more further and see yourself a championwink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by mafioso47(m): 4:13am On Jun 27, 2016
Tallysmallz:
mafioso47 please its mimzy
mimzy
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by VickyRotex(f): 5:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Congratulations Lanicky and to all other contestants. Cheers! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by FreeWorld23: 5:59am On Jun 27, 2016
onatisi:

How did u arrive at such a conclusion
This is the problem with human beings ,we assume we know things without actually knowing anything. We have 36 states in Nigeria and nairaland cuts across all states and all nations of this planet earth,so where did u get the figure of Lagos nairaland user base
I don't think the name lanicky is associated with any tribe. The problem with Nigerians is we always like to shift the blame of our failures on other people and never want to admit our own mistakes and shortcomings . Lanicky isn't the prettiest or best BUT HER TEAM CANVASSED FOR VOTES AND GOT IT. Why didn't the other contestants too canvassed for Lagos votes if truly that was a determinant factor? Do you know the huge number of ibos living in Lagos too and who are members of nairaland
Lanicky won fair and square. You cant do it alone in this world ,you need good people to support you and lanicky was lucky to have good team members
tell them... smiley

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Teeboy22(m): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

Okay, I'd be expecting.

Good morning grin
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Funjosh(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2016
VickyRotex:
Congratulations Lanicky and to all other contestants. Cheers! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Yea smiley

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Obinoscopy(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2016
cherryice:
U still not tellin me grin

Lool pls dnt ban him o grin na jokes. How ws service?
I should not ban him? I see you still love him angry undecided wink cheesy

Service was okay.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by LordScent(m): 7:04am On Jun 27, 2016
Emma well-done..am hailing u on top transformer grin
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by lanicky(f): 7:48am On Jun 27, 2016
VickyRotex:

Thanks Vickygrin

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by GIYAZZ(m): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

Okay, I'd be expecting.
I fit send my own mail join? grin cheesy wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ErnieSmallzz(f): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2016
angry no dnt tell me if u are less busy. Tell me you will cry

Nah don't tank me, u totally worth all what i did smiley

refiner:

smiley...my dear,if I'm less busy then!

I will!..

so how u dear...thanks for everything,I appreciate hon...wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Evalily(f): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2016
Wow!!!!!!!

Congrat Lanicky........you try. And congrats to all the contestants, you all are winners and beautiful in your own way, Nairaland Beauty contest doesn't and shouldn't define your worth and esteem.
NLjega:
[size=16pt] Dear Nairalanders,

I PRESENT TO YOU,

YOUR NEW QUEEN,

BY THE POWER VESTED IN ME, BY DYGEASY,

AS THE OFFICIAL UMPIRE OF THIS CONTEST,

WITH 361 VOTES,

AGAIN I PRESENT TO YOU!!!!

WITHOUT MUCH INTRODUCTION!!!!

BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW HER!!!!!!!!

ONE BETWEEN MIMZY & LANICKY!!!!!!!

IT HAS TO BE JUST ONE OF THEM!!!!

I AM VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

A NEW QUEEN HAS EMERGED!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME FOR TOHPAHZ TO HAND OVER THE CROWN!!!!!!!

ONLY TWACI KNOWS HOW THIS MOMENT FEELS LIKE!!!!!!!

BUT WHAT MUST BE DONE MUST BE DONE!!!!

MISS NAIRALAND CONTEST 2016 WINNER IS...

LANICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Mediapace:
Ask4bigneyo don't touch my crush OO . #Touchnot
Shuuoo...... i don leave ur crush for u nah. m now wit mirinda/fanta
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ImDharay: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
•No sir,you don't know. They've hated on lanicky's appearance all through this competition and even now in her victory.
They cared about how she looked but she didn't even try and modify herself....
First time you making sense in here....
#Wise Post.!
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by robosky02(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2016
refiner:

smiley...thanks hun..

hello dear,

its been a wonderful campaign and contest

but in the end I think every one is a WINNER

so you are dear

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder they say

and in our eyes you are the QUEEN

so carry yourself that way..
cheers dear....

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Dygeasy(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2016

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by dubemivan(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Congratulations Ivyy... you may not be the NL Queen but I want you to know you are the QUEEN of my Heart and I will still vote again if the process is repeated!
Your 2nd Runner-up is a steping stone to a Bigger crown in the nearest future.
I am proud of You.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by amodu(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dygeasy:

Good Morning
Lanicky, Mimzy and Ivyy

Kindly forward your bank account details to NLpageants@gmail.com.

Thank you.
You omitted amodu cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
dubemivan:
Congratulations Ivyy... you may not be the NL Queen but I want you to know you are the QUEEN of my Heart and I will still vote again if the process is repeated!
Your 2nd Runner-up is a steping stone to a Bigger crown in the nearest future.
I am proud of You.

Thanks dear kiss kiss kiss
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
GIYAZZ:
I fit send my own mail join? grin cheesy wink

tongue
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
Funjosh:
Ivyy I love you so much congratulations dear kiss
Thanks dear grin grin kiss
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
Teeboy22:

Good morning grin
tongue tongue tongue grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
KangaIye:

Sweetheart you are a queen just push more further and see yourself a championwink

cheesy cheesy
Thank you kiss

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyy(f): 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
tens4real:
I would sue u for changing ur signature
wen I haven't even dream of changing mine...#vote ivyy 4 miss Nairaland 2017!!!

Lmao grin sorry joor.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by GIYAZZ(m): 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2016

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Classyalabolass: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lanicky
Estharfabian
Skarlett
Laveda
adeh39
Doveda/Daretodiffer
JeffreyJamez
laveda
Ipledge
Jigsawkillah
Monalisa185
STFUareyougod
Peeparty

Netiquettes demand that I first and foremost preface this post with a profound apology. A squillion apologies for being unavoidably absent especially when I was needed the most. For those of you in the team, especially Nike, that were banking on my widow's mite(in terms of intellectual input and campaign logistics) before I had to take that painful and ineluctable sabbatical 4 weeks ago, once again I say - I am deeply sorry.

Circumstances were way beyond my control. I got mugged some weeks ago(in case you're still wondering why you can't find me on your BBM or Whatsapp contact list), I fell critically ill and was bedridden for a week, and I could have made it in the nick of time to cast a vote last week except that I had to make some paintings for my sister's wedding, and also had to deal with a cartload of other offline responsibilities that much to my chagrin, greatly interfered with my pastime indulgences. Indeed, 'when it rains it pours'.

But I take solace in the fact that the remainder of the campaign team worked indefatigably and selflessly in ensuring that Lanicky clinches the crown. And most pertinently, they did so working as an undivided unit. I think that has got to be one of the biggest take-away from this entire exercise: which is imbibing in each and every one of us the binding sense of togetherness; and also engendering a sense of espirit de corps among seemly incongruent entities. It goes a long way in proving that unity can exist among very disparate persons, each with his/her own unique ideology, personality, temperament etc.
Nairaland is a microcosm of our great nation, Nigeria ,and all of the sectarian violence buffeting the graph of the nation's development could easily be a thing of the past if every Nigerian(both home and in the diaspora) learn how to coexist with each other, regardless of tribe, age or sex— just as members of the various campaign teams have done.

We had a lot of tall talks during the run-up to the event, albeit lightheartedly, and nothing gladdens my heart more than the fact that we(Olanike's campaign team members) were able to walk the talk and overcome despite the traverses and assault courses that were lined up on our path. So, without further ado, I am saying a big congratulation to all the members of the Lanicky Campaign Team 2016, and including myself. . . .abi I no suppose congratulate myself? I try na. *****grins widely*****

Ivvy, Refiner, MissGdope, Ivvy, Mimzy et al, you are also winners and I must laud you all for your steely courage and perseverance. The only regret I have is that some certain individuals have heinously turned what was supposed to be a fun-filled event into a circus of shame, stark immaturity and hatred. Life is very easy y'all and too short to be lived hating people on the internet—Suru laye, Surulere.

Nonetheless, I hope this doesn't have a negative-salutary effect on other Nairaland females who hope to contest come next year. I hope that whatever had transpired—the mudslinging, the false accusations, and the other unmentionable acts—do not deter the ladies who hope to partake in the tourney next year.

And to the Woman Of The Moment, Lanicky, I extend my congratulations for this milestone you have achieved. We thought you were done like a dinner last year when you lost to Tohpahz. We thought you had given up, hung the boots—not knowing you were simply lurking in the sidelines, plotting your reemergence—courting the crown that was denied you last year the same way a great lion fawneth over an unsuspecting doe. And most remarkable was how you steadfastly pelted after the prize despite the militating backdrop and concatenation of ugly events that would have prompted any average Jane Doe to scramble for the exiting door. You showed great mettle, proved you are no yellow-belly and also confounded expectations. I am proud of you. I can count how many ladies would have stood as rock solid as you did with my fingers and still have a couple left to eat eba and ewedu.

The only thing wey remain now na our date ooo. No forget oooo.

I wanted to post this with my Darkrebel account but anti-spambot got to me.

And hey, Skarlett. how far na? I should probably don a protective face mask while I still can to cushion the biffs that are bound to come with your reply to this post. LOL.

And safarigirl/safareegurl, I saw all your comments on that Twaci's thread. Quite incisive I must say. More biceps to your intellectual muscle.
Though I could sight some things that were iffy in your remarks, especially those bordering on gender roles. We would tackle it on that thread on Wednesday with my Darkrebel account. I just hope I would be chanced and that you would be available as well.

And Estharfabian, how are you?

11 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (177) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Backside And Make It Firm Naturally / DIAMONDS// Invasion Modern Empire Hack Ios/android Apk MOD No Download / APK/ Mobile Strike Hack No Download Working Online Gold Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.