Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale - Fashion (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale (224257 Views)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Iceeydee: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
safareegurl:
lol....how do the judges in beauty pageants pick winners? Do they know them? Is it not by a certain criteria?

-Looks
-Intelligence
- Ability to answer questions

For an online forum, you add things like

-How does said person relate with other NLers?
- What is your participation level? Are you a regular or you just pass by?

If I got to organize this thing, there would be little or no loopholes to question.

The organization of a pageant in the real world is no different from debates. The NL Debate judges don't see the contestants in person as well. What makes you think some wouldn't have won if they got to stand in the presence of the judges?

Just like the pageants, the Debate teams don't get to speak to the judges unlike in the real world. In reality, some of those who lost debates would have gained an edge based on oratory.

I maintain that the process used in NL Debates is fairer....NLers will get the same powers people get in pageants. Remember, it's viewers votes that get contestants in the Top 15 of a pageant after which the panel of judges take over.

NLers votes will get contestants in the Top 5 after which the judges will take over. All you'll have to do is 'LIKE' the picture of who you think deserves a top 5 spot and when the likes are tallied, those with the most likes will go through.

Is that not an easier process than this one where you call an NLJega who may or may not be tallying the right numbers? Who is just a human being PRONE to errors?

Seun, Dygeasy, Ishilove or whoever organizes these things. Is the idea of NLers LIKING pictures to determine a Top 5 after which a panel of 5 judges from 5 different Sections chooses a winner not more feasible, legitimate and LESS STRESSFUL than the ancient method currently on ground?
So if people are to like the candidate they choose how do you get to fish out alternate monikers? Will it not still be by popularity some monikers will get to the finals?

Which method is easier to use in conducting a free and fair pageantry?

Ask yourself that question madam.

8 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Seun(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
It seems that the organizers have gotten a new sponsor. Good for them. I wonder why the contest is called "Miss Nairaland" though.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by finalboss1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
It seems that the organizers have gotten a new sponsor. Good for them. I wonder why the contest is called "Miss Nairaland" though.
hmm wah u mean by that...seun....yo mean all this while u dint know ??
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by doyinisaac(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
I thought u were the sponsor??
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by AbuMikey(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:

I dont understand You. grin grin undecided undecided undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by karleone(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:

Are you just knowing it's called "Miss Nairaland"?
You can change it to "Miss Karleone" in the future. At least, I'll get to marry the winner. I'm really in search of a wifey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Monalisa185(f): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:

Huh? Some times I'll just be doubting if it's really the owner of this forum that's behind this moniker..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Fynestboi: 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Dygeasy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
No we don't have a new sponsor.

The company that was mentioned offered to give their products as consolatory prizes to the contestants and also some money. We didn't go out seeking for new sponsors, they offered unconditionally. JAYBEE3 also offered the winner a fully paid for spa treatment. There are other numerous gifts and prizes the contestants have gotten which didn't go through the organizers. Maybe I shouldn't have acknowledged them but I did for transparency purpose.

None of these diminish your role as the principal sponsor.

It is a Nairaland event, it bears the name Nairaland and will forever be called "Miss Nairaland".

30 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:

Hope it's not what I'm thinking? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Donlino(m): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lol Seun makes a comment and everybody goes gaga.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by olajorn(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Monalisa185:

Huh? Some times I'll just be doubting if it's really the owner of this forum that's behind this moniker..
angry undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ivyT(f): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

You came late to the party love cheesy cheesy

awww
you are a queen nevertheless,wishing you the best life has to offer *****

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Monalisa185(f): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fynestboi:
grin grin grin
Lol, it is nuh a laughing sturv o wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Monalisa185(f): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Fynestboi: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
Monalisa185:

Lol, it is nuh a laughing sturv o wink
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
C.E.O Himself.
I dey hail Ooo.
Olota of Ota.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
ImDharay:

First time you making sense in here....
#Wise Post.!
°uhm,OK.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by daveP(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Teeboy22(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by VickyRotex(f): 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
lanicky:

Thanks Vickygrin

Youre welcome smiley
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Volcanicgirl(f): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
shocked Is that jealousy am seeing??
Dygeasy:
The company that was mentioned offered to give their products as consolatory prizes to the contestants and also some money. We didn't go out seeking for new sponsors, they offered unconditionally. JAYBEE3 also offered the winner a fully paid for spa treatment. There are other numerous gifts and prizes the contestants have gotten which didn't go through the organizers. Maybe I shouldn't have acknowledged them but I did for transparency purpose.
It is a Nairaland event, it bears the name Nairaland and will forever be called "Miss Nairaland".
loooool, and the need to stroke Seun's egocheesycheesy

Abeg don't come and bash me oh. Just saying my thoughts out loudcheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by knightnemesis: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
thagift:

bae how far
brother how are you?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by knightnemesis: 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
btw.. weed, legend, tramadol, white powder etc. which one of them are you on

plz don't deny it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by mamakendra(f): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
I Vote MIMZY

cc: NLJega

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by spanzed(m): 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
mamakendra:
I Vote MIMZY
cc: NLJega
where were u when everyone was voting undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Omotayor123(f): 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Seun:
But Why now Does that mean you are Not really in support of the contest

Even miss Instagram stagram contest is on right now, I see no reason Why that of NL shouldn't be encouraged. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Omotayor123(f): 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dygeasy:

Well done Dygeasy, you did a Nice Job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by tens4real(m): 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
ivyy:

Lmao grin sorry joor.
beta...oya chop knuckle👊 our Queen any other one dem ma b counterfeit!!!
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by MidasTouche01(m): 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Make I keep my mouth shut, cos I no wan chop ban o,

The mood in here seems tense...

Oga seun, abeg calm down o
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
knightnemesis:
brother how are you?

ogeni I bam
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Dollipsejay(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
voting!

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Backside And Make It Firm Naturally / DIAMONDS// Invasion Modern Empire Hack Ios/android Apk MOD No Download / APK/ Mobile Strike Hack No Download Working Online Gold Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.