Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

How Do I Remove BIOS Password - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Remove BIOS Password (1366 Views)

Please Need PC Bios Flasher Abuja [urgent] / How Do I Remove Keyloggers From My Pc? / Help Guys Please How Can I Remove My Ucbrowser From Data Saving Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Remove BIOS Password by nembudziya(m): 3:11am On Jun 25, 2016
honourable programmers, and computer experts, what software removes basic input/output sysem (BIOS)? Thank you.
Re: How Do I Remove BIOS Password by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Take off the CMOS battery from the motherboard. That should clear the BIOS.

This isn't the right section btw. It belongs to the Computer section.
Re: How Do I Remove BIOS Password by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2016
^^^this method no longer works for newer systems. E be like say you belong to an old age.
@op, true, it is for computer section, but the first and foremost thing you need to do is to provide the specs of your laptop. There are different techniques of doing this for different laptops - some of them requires you to be a programmer / a hardcore computer engineer (a real computer engineer mind you, not just those boys that just learn how to couple system and declare themselves engineers o) - because you will need special softwares, and have a good solid knowledge of what you are doing.

Don't raise your hopes on me though, I am not an engineer, I am not even a programmer in the actual sense - I am more of a 'troll at least as far as this board is concerned. . . . .
Re: How Do I Remove BIOS Password by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 25, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^this method no longer works for newer systems. E be like say you belong to an old age.
@op, true, it is for computer section, but the first and foremost thing you need to do is to provide the specs of your laptop. There are different techniques of doing this for different laptops - some of them requires you to be a programmer / a hardcore computer engineer (a real computer engineer mind you, not just those boys that just learn how to couple system and declare themselves engineers o) - because you will need special softwares, and have a good solid knowledge of what you are doing.

Don't raise your hopes on me though, I am not an engineer, I am not even a programmer in the actual sense - I am more of a 'troll at least as far as this board is concerned. . . . .
It works on the desktop I built two years ago. It's a gigabyte board UEFI.
Re: How Do I Remove BIOS Password by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

It works on the desktop I built two years ago. It's a gigabyte board UEFI.
thank God you said 2 years ago, and desktop with Gigabyte pro - yeah, that should work. But on ultramodern laptop like Dell, HP, that wont work.
Re: How Do I Remove BIOS Password by nembudziya(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ok, my apologies for posting this on the wrong section of the forum. I intended to get responses from programmers as I am more keen on reverse engineering the BIOS. Any take on that one ?
Re: How Do I Remove BIOS Password by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
^^No, forget it. . . .go an throway the gaddamn pc and buy a new one.

(1) (Reply)

Joseph Snowden:de One Guy Who Hacked Into U.S.A Secret Info, Publ It And Escaped / . / Python, Java, C+, Laravel, PHP, Unity, Linux, Hacking, Video Tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.