Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders (827 Views)

2019: Give Me Time To Decide To Run, Buhari Tells APC Govs / Buhari Won't Save You In 2019, PDP Tells APC / FG In Talk With Niger Delta Militants – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by Nnamdd1(m): 7:44am On Jun 25, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to help him pacify rampaging militants in the oil-rich Niger Delta.

Lamenting the effect of attacks on oil installations, the president said the country does not need such a distraction at this point in time.

He said the militants were in possession of sophisticated equipment, adding that unlike the Boko Haram sect which has one faction, the militants are in so many groups, suggesting that government has been having challenges relating with them.

Buhari was speaking on Friday, at the breaking of fast dinner with the APC leadership at the presidential villa in Abuja.

“I honestly don’t know how many factions the militants are in the Niger Delta compared to the north-east where you have the Boko Haram,” he said.

“The technology being deployed by the militants to destroy oil installations is high-tech, the way they can go on high sea and international waters and target oil installations is a national problem. It is affecting development.

“No insurance company will want to insure installations that will end up being blown up and no banks will want to finance such installations.

“Those of you who have friends among the leadership or even the militants themselves should plead with them in the name of God ‎Almighty to take it easy.

“We are in a very difficult time, so we have to organise ourselves. Anybody that says he has any other country than Nigeria should go out and see.”

He expressed delight that the primary election in Edo state was successful, and said close attention would be paid to Ondo state, which is next in line.

“The successful conduct of APC primaries in Edo state gave me a new hope,” he said.

“We are going to watch Ondo very closely, we have to ensure that the vote of the people count.”

John Oyegun, national chairman of the party, said the APC was pleased with the achievements of the president so far.

Oyegun, who acknowledged that Nigeria was passing through a difficult time, said “change does not come cheap or easily”.

“Things must change. Those things don’t come easily. Nigeria is clearly a difficult nation to govern,’’ he said.

Those at the event were former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; Ghali Na’aba, former speaker of the house of representatives; Segun Oni, the party’s deputy national chairman (south), and Timipre Sylva, former Bayelsa state governor

http://www.nnamdisblog.com/2016/06/please-help-me-beg-militants-president.html?m=0

Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by youngest85(m): 7:47am On Jun 25, 2016
he should employ zenith managers to help him wt dat na!
they'r v.good in begging!

7 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:53am On Jun 25, 2016
Lolz
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by Nnamdd1(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2016
youngest85:
he should employ zenith managers to help him wt dat na!

they'r v.good in begging!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by dunkem21(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by youngest85(m): 8:06am On Jun 25, 2016
Nnamdd1:
Lol
tanx 4 d px jare
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by Allen97(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2016
some pple go jst sit down dey formulate lie... buhari wil nva sey dere equip is high tech..... well i knw u lyin buh m feeling it
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by sigiyaya(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2016
Jh
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by Mologi(m): 8:30am On Jun 25, 2016
All you angels...come help kill sorry beg dis millitants....

mo n wa iyawo ooo
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by Onyi4live(m): 8:49am On Jun 25, 2016
I thought deploying troops was the best approach "kill them all" laughing in chines grin grin

I'm begging this boys too to negotiate with FG.. Bikonu
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by attackgat: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2016
I thought he said he was going to "crush" them? Hausa/Fulani and their Yoruba 'houseboys' think that Nigeria is their personal garage. We shall see
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by securi: 10:42am On Jun 25, 2016
Speechless
Re: Please Help Me Beg Militants, President Buhari Tells APC Leaders by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2016
Begging season grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State High Court, Igbosere Reading Her Ruling In Pitch Darkness / Northern CAN Accuses Buhari Of Systematically Dividing Nigeria / Breaking: Makarfi’s Refusal To Resign Stalls PDP Peace Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.