Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines (1104 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa / "Don't Tell Me Nonsense": Photo Of An Igbo Man's Shop With 7 POS Machines / Access Bank Limit On International Transactions On Pos And Internet Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by nkpommpko(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2016
Please does any other person experience this problem with his/her ATM card.
I stay in abuja ,I go to the ATM to collect my cash and it vomits it a tells me thank you, this started a year ago, I changed it not too long ago and after about 10 times it went back to this strange behaviour, but when I go to the pos in the bank it accepts it
I have complained and complained Ecobank do not seem to have answer, all they say is Oga get a new one. That is buy a new one,because you have to pay 1000 naira for one and when it happens again like in My case you simply buy a new one.
Please some should help me inform this people that soon people have to start taking responsibility for their actions and in actions.

N02
Ecobank whats happening with you, on a Monday morning when people are trying to refill their pockets with their money ,they arrive your bank and BOOM! you tell them no service.
You know what I think? Ecobank is about to implode.
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 25, 2016
I used Ecobank Mastercard

I even used it yesternite to withdraw for d ATM.

Even if you get a new one, whatz the possibility that it will not be giving u the same issues?

EcoBank Wahala
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by joe4real12: 9:05am On Jun 25, 2016
nkpommpko:
I stay in abuja ,I go to the ATM to collect my cash and it vomits it a tells me thank you, this started a year ago, I changed it not too long ago and after about 10 times it went back to this strange behaviour, but when I go to the pos in the bank it accepts it
I have complained and complained Ecobank do not seem to have answer, all they say is Oga get a new one. That is buy a new one,because you have to pay 1000 naira for one and when it happens again like in My case you simply buy a new one.
Please some should help me inform this people that soon people have to start taking responsibility for their actions and in actions.

N02
Ecobank whats happening with you, on a Monday morning when people are trying to refill their pockets with their money ,they arrive your bank and BOOM! you tell them no service.
What you need to do is tell the customer care Officer to enable your account for ATM. Perhaps it was only enabled for POS. Teach him his work if he doesn't know. ATM, POS,WEB etc are enabled differently for an account. If he doesn't understand, ask to speak with his manager or else call the customer care line. Let me know if it's not resolve by Monday.
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by David0(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Why u dey stress ursef, is Ecobank d only bank. If ur not getting d satisfaction u need, then port otherwise keep paying N1,000 loyalty fee.

@lalasticlala can u imagine dis?!
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by nkpommpko(m): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
joe4real12:

What you need to do is tell the customer care Officer to enable your account for ATM. Perhaps it was only enabled for POS. Teach him his work if he doesn't know. ATM, POS,WEB etc are enabled differently for an account. If he doesn't understand, ask to speak with his manager or else call the customer care line. Let me know if it's not resolve by Monday.
thanks that's the closest I have gotten to answer.

1 Like

Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by nkpommpko(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2016
David0:
Why u dey stress ursef, is Ecobank d only bank. If ur not getting d satisfaction u need, then port otherwise keep paying N1,000 loyalty fee.

@lalasticlala can u imagine dis?!
I will soon port, but I think we shouldn't always run away atleast sometimes we stand and fight, not just for us but for people coming behind us.
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by nkpommpko(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
Now am looking for a shop which uses pos so I can by garri and ground nut
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by nkpommpko(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
kenkenn:
I used Ecobank Mastercard

I even used it yesternite to withdraw for d ATM.

Even if you get a new one, whatz the possibility that it will not be giving u the same issues?

EcoBank Wahala
I have changed it twice
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by AdaAnambra: 10:52am On Jun 27, 2016
nkpommpko:

N02
The best way to resolve this is to contact them on their WhatsApp number on +2348087603717. They will resolve it.
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by tmark1888: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2016
contact Ecobank on WhatsApp 08087603717 & ombudsman 01-2260450
AdaAnambra:
The best way to resolve this is to contact them on their WhatsApp number on +2348087603717. They will resolve it.
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by FOCUSBYEMS: 11:29am On Jun 27, 2016
I am sure those staff you mentioned are the so-called bad eggs. Ecobank has dedicated numbers that can help you get solutions quickly. just try any of them.
nkpommpko:

N02
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by kunleawosika: 11:39am On Jun 27, 2016
I have learnt that the banking system generally, and not just Ecobank, can be a pain in the ass. So, i believe in accessing all the available platforms, especially e-banking platforms. This way, I have choices when it comes to how i get my money conveniently.

nkpommpko:

N02
Re: My Ecobank Master Card Works Only On Pos Machines by nkpommpko(m): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2016
FOCUSBYEMS:
I am sure those staff you mentioned the so-called bad eggs. Ecobank has dedictated numbers that can help you get solutions quickly. just try any of them.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Dangote To Run For President In 2019 / Private Tutor Wanted / Wang Jianlin China’s Richest Man Son, Not Interested In His Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.