Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:10 AM

Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! (10521 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2009
After sending him the threads that discuss him, Mr. Momodu replied this morning and gave me right to publish:

[b]Dear Jarus,
Many thanks for your mail.

My attention had been drawn to the hate attack on my person on Nairaland.

I can never join issues with fellow Nigerians who have the right to hate and attack people they disagree with it. And in particular someone they don't know obviously.

I wish all of you well in your chosen endeavours, and pray that God will crown your efforts with success,

I hope you'll kindly check out the OVATION INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINE(LOUD FOR A PURPOSE) on Facebook and join the great things that God is doing in our lives, Just as there are a few people on Nairaland who wish Ovation dead, let's consider the over 7,000 fans of Ovation on Facebook, Their opinion counts as well. If 20 out of 100 disagree with our huge success in African journalism, that's a fair deal.

Our dream is to be a global brand, and God is supporting us definitely. That is why the OVATION FRENCH EDITION has maintined a beautiful office, where Nigerians are employed, in Cotonou, for over three years now. We also have our production office in Ghana where electricity is fairly stable to reduce our overhead costs, and to promote the best of Nigeria abroad. We opened a beautiful restaurant, HOUSE OF OVATION in Ghana, to cater to the unique tastes of Nigerian tourists and investors in Ghana. We have been worthy Ambassadors of Nigeria in over 60 countries, and we've been well-applauded for our breath-taking efforts.

To borrow MKO abiola's favourite saying, EGAN KO PE KOYIN MADUN, NO AMOUNT OF HATRED CAN CHANGE THE TASTE OF HONEY, Rather destroy my work, why don't you just do yours, and make it better than mine. The same energy being dissipated at killing Ovation can only produce a better magazine that can showcase the lifestyle of poor Nigerians. There is room for more magazines considering our huge population.

I give you the right, dear brother, to post my comment wherever you choose.

My love to you and your family,

DELE MOMODU
London[/b]

Much as I also disagree with him on many grounds, I plead with all nairalanders to thread softly with him. He appears concerned about our criticisms and I hope he will also learn one or two things.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Afam(m): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2009
Jarus:

After sending him the threads that discuss him, Mr. Momodu replies me as follow:

Much as I also disagree with him on many grounds, I plead with all nairalanders to thread softly with him. He appears concerned about our criticisms and I hope he will also learn one or two things.

Seems you have forgotten the insults and bad remarks he made about people who disagreed with him earlier on the same subject matter.

You don't insult people and expect them to thread softly.

I don't believe in insults (either direction) but on Dele's response and handling of the issue I must state that it falls short of expectation considering the number of years he has spent in the journalism business.

I hope he has learned a thing or two from the exchanges anyway.

Meanwhile, it seems it is now an established fact that he rarely concludes a piece without putting down MKO's name. Na wah ooo.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Moves: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2009
Nigerian's And there Pull Him Down mentality, what has the Dude done wrong, what exactly are we accusing him, if anything the guy should be praised as an innovator and pacesetter for photo journalism which like it or not serves the need of some people in the society and creates job, For pete's sake we atleast know his source of livelyhood unlike majority of nigerians public servants & politicians past & present that their means cannot be attested to, Moreover one cannot fail to see the humility in his reply, not ala rueben abati reply
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by naso2(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2009
I feel this man( Dele momodu) still does not get the point.

One positive , dele should take from all these critisms is that people somehow read his column in Thisday, and find it intellectualy stimulating somehow. He also  seems to be bothered by the decadence that now colours anything Nigeria.

There is no crime in celebrating wealthy people if that is what he chooses to do. But when people find it difficult to reconcile the momodu-- Thisday columnist and the Momodu of OVATION , then it is only normal to ask questions.

From his response , he has moved his production office to Ghana because of PHCN (problem Has Changed Name), the same reason the PZs and Unilevers are giving. This as we know is due largely to corruption in government. Billions of dollars gone down the drain.

We will not be surprised if he chooses to show off the wealth of the same corrupt men in his OVATION magazine tommorrow, but I know he will be surprised if we start asking questions then
. MAKE THIS MAN SHARP-UP ABEG.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by sley4life(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2009
hw are we sure the reply is from Momodu?
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Afam(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
Moves:

Nigerian's And there Pull Him Down mentality, what has the Dude done wrong, what exactly are we accusing him, if anything the guy should be praised as an innovator and pacesetter for photo journalism which like it or not serves the need of some people in the society and creates job, For pete's sake we atleast know his source of livelyhood unlike majority of nigerians public servants & politicians past & present that their means cannot be attested to, Moreover one cannot fail to see the humility in his reply, not ala rueben abati reply

The content in bold refers, obviously you did not read his earlier response/reply or that you read it and chose to ignore the insults.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by sesman(m): 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
I find his response a little bit condescending to be honest and quite frankly i have no time or energy for people like him. i think he should stick to his Photo or celebrity Journalism. you dont see the editors of OK or hello magazines in the UK wiriting a column on national issues for the like of Telegrah,Times, etc

I dont buy his magazine and nothing will change this, i'd rather watch paint dry than to read his magazine,  grin
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
Jarus,

He called us who criticized him "frustrated".
now tell me what he means by "joining issues"?
See, he got what he deserved.
He has no locus to preach to anybody about patriotism when his actions show he's an opportunist who cooks up lies about June-12/Pro-democracy.
Nigerians may be in difficulty,but a good number know the truth about people like Mr. Momodu.
I'm afraid,he's just another shallow character who wants people to take him seriously as a columnist.
Unfortunately,some of us feel insulted whenever he tried to pontificate about this country.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by alleno: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2009
Administrator,

Beware, because of some stupid posts you have allowed, see what is happening.
People will start getting cautious now o! You should monitor this thing properly oga,
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by youngies(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2009
Dele can be a hypocrite atimes
But I don't think he should not be blamed for putting his money where his mouth is
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
[size=15pt]NAIRALANDU!!!! [/size] grin
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by vikiviko(m): 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2009
Bob Dee i am one of your critics not because i hate your personality or magazine but your style of writing especially on thisday page which celebrates criminals and corrupt officials who have sworn by their actions to destroy our nation.

Desist from all manners of evil, evil communication corrupts good manners.

I have tried several times to reconcile with you directly on facebook but you always ignore my messages.

one love Bob Dee.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by la1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
Dear uncle Dele,

i have always admired your drive, u are a tireless canvaser for this enterprise called Nigeria, you have done well in many respects, however the bone of contention here which i feel you have failed to understand , is that you cant expect to lie with dogs and not get up with fleas, your continuous cavorting and open celebration of well known corrupt individuals will not win you any praise among any fair minded Nigerians.

i encourage you not to take the criticism to heart, just appreciate it as friendly advice which will only help steer you in a better direction and in the end, make you a better person still.

may your days be long and  merry.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by sholasys: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2009
Jarus, please can you foward this thread to him again ? He is just an opportunist that lack principle/stand about what he preaches  in his column. He who does nt know road to the cathedral can not show the way to heaven. This is not hatred as he claimed but facts and the reality of life.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by canuck(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2009
I have never seen a copy of Ovation, nor will I ever buy one.
Having said that, I don't think Dele Momodu deserves this barrage of attacks from NLanders. It appears that we Nigerians are unable to express contrary opinions without character assassination.

sesman:

I think he should stick to his Photo or celebrity Journalism. you dont see the editors of OK or hello magazines in the UK wiriting a column on national issues for the like of Telegrah,Times, etc

This is BS - The OK/Hello magazine folks are glorified cameramen who are unable to string 4 sentences together. Does that mean Momodu should not express an opinion in the dailies (because it differs from yours)? I don't think so!
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by webmaster3: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2009
What the hell happened to http://www.ovationinternational.com/
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by lewa(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2009
I can never join issues with fellow Nigerians who have the right to hate and attack people they disagree with it
WHO HATES HIM? His brand of sycophantic amateurish journalism disgusts.
I don't hate him!!!! I pity him.
hope you'll kindly check out the OVATION INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINE(LOUD FOR A PURPOSE) on Facebook and join the great things that God is doing in our lives, Just as there are a few people on Nairaland who wish Ovation dead, let's consider the over 7,000 fans of Ovation on Facebook, Their opinion counts as well. If 20 out of 100 disagree with our huge success in African journalism, that's a fair deal.
Good for you.No one wishes Ovation dead.Its just that the celebration and praise singing of those that have contributed to the decay this great nation is is just sickening.
Your infantile,disjointed column on Thisday too does not help matters.
Ovation is your life work good for you and your ilk.
To borrow MKO abiola's favourite saying, EGAN KO PE KOYIN MADUN, NO AMOUNT OF HATRED CAN CHANGE THE TASTE OF HONEY, Rather destroy my work, why don't you just do yours, and make it better than mine. The same energy being dissipated at killing Ovation can only produce a better magazine that can showcase the lifestyle of poor Nigerians. There is room for more magazines considering our huge population.
Again as delusional and insecure as ever.
Just because of a few criticisms here and there means people want to kill your magazine or they envy you and want to open shop.
Paranoia at its best.
Bros your insult and poor taste stating that people should have a magazine for poor Nigerians has just shown how low you have sunk.
You Sir are a publisher of a glorified tabloid!!!! Pure and simple.
In serious publishing houses you would not even cut grade for a copy writer,not even a fact checker.
But alas,its Nigeria,so you can shout over the roof tops.
Learn how to write properly and since you live in 'London' i am sure you are 'exposed' to first rate social commentors and the like.
Borrow a leaf from them and enough of your duplicious asinine cat scratchings on the pages of Thisaday.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Moves: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2009
Afam:

The content in bold refers, obviously you did not read his earlier response/reply or that you read it and chose to ignore the insults.
Afam , Ofcourse I read his earlier reply, but my statement was directed at the reply posted above, which he wrote after reading the link where his person was battered and he still showed humility by replying and I dont see anything much wrong with his reply IMO,
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
Born praise singers, I hate you all. What has he said to address issues raised against him rather he found it a good time to promote Ovation and his facebook fans.
Dele didn't find it worthwhile to join issues with us on nairaland or defend our criticism and some of you are here praising him still.
I spit on you all two edged swords and praise singers. I stand on my words that Dele should limit his articles to praise singing and entertainment news, any article on national discourse from him is a no no for me.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by emyah(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
sad
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2009
alleno:

Administrator,

Beware, because of some stupid posts you have allowed, see what is happening.
People will start getting cautious now o! You should monitor this thing properly oga,

Bros, take it easy, don't be afraid, nobody will arrest you.

What is happening? Nothing is happening. This is the essence of forums like this. Nairaland is gradually becoming the reference platform for tabling national issues and the people being discussed need to know something is been said of them. It's no crime.

What's the point trying to criticize a person if he doesn't know. This is why I personally prefer to make my opinions known through pages of newspaper, rather than underground voice. I facilitated Dele's knowing what is going because I believe he needed to know what he has done wrong. I also wanted to get the thread 'ATEDO PETERSIDE KNOCKS SOLUDO' across to Atedo Peterside to see comments about his London speech, but I restrained from doing that because I know if he sees my surname, he will ask my brother who is very close to him, and I don't want bros to know about my NL activities.

So, dude, be a man! Dele Momodu will not beat you.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Oluschenco(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2009
web_master:

What the hell happened to http://www.ovationinternational.com/

Don't ask Nairalanders, ask Dele Momodu
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Moves: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
All I see here, is a lot of Envy as stated by Dele, What Exactly is he is crime, That He writes an Article in ThisDay newspaper as a social commentator and Also celebrates the wealthy & open corrupt people in his photo magazine,
Do we Subject the Pastor & Imams where the guys worship to the same, do we ask the churches & mosques to return the donations and offerings of this openly corrupt men ,
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by lee007(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
Dear Uncle D,

In as much as we all know that you have suppossedly done quite well for yourself*, I will like you to educate us on Nairaland how much you have impacted the Nigerin youth s well as the masses. You claim Abiola is your mentor nd you dont look, live sound, give, relate, or even see issues the way he does. You have ridden on his name to get to where you are today and still we cant feel you.

When we see Patrotic Nigerian we know them, you have relentlessesly helped Nigerians who have stolen from the national treasury brandish thier filty and ill-gotten wealth to the annoyance of ordinary Nigerians who can hardly feed themselves and now you talk about doing Nigeria proud in over sixty countries, please show us some prove sir!

I make bold to say that 7000 fans out of 160,000,000 nigerians is no proof of success, likewise, you can't say building your  business empire= making Nigerian proud. How much of these profit goes to charity or lavish parties and meaningless award ceremonies that is now the norm in social circles you belong to sir.

Egbon, go ahead and make money,  its your right you have to take care of your family, but please never insult the Nigerian youth who you have done little or nothing for especially on NAIRALAND.

I would have said more but my 'lapee won die' cos , PHCN you know now bros, I cant shout!

Omo-Ekun cool
Writes from Ilu-Nla
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by youngies(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
Moves:

Afam , Ofcourse I read his earlier reply, but my statement was directed at the reply posted above, which he wrote after reading the link where his person was battered and he still showed humility by replying and I dont see anything much wrong with his reply IMO,
The problem with Dele is that he is shallow, he has a mindset that is typical.
He labelled everybody opposed to his hypocritical method as haters and frustrated

Besides, he didn't deal with the issue of reconciling his sychophancy of looters of this nation and the piece he writes in ThisDay
IMO Dele is has no principles
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by citizenY(m): 3:19pm On Sep 03, 2009
IT IS GOOD FOR dELE TO UNDERSTAND HOW OTHERS FEEL ABOUT HIM.
FORTUNATELY OR UNFORTUNATELY, OVATION HAS SOMETIMES SHOWCASED THE
OTHER SIDE-- OUR OPPRESSORS AND THEIR LIFESTYLES, SHOWING US WHAT THEY
HAVE DONE WITH OUR MONEY. ALL THOSE FEATURES, AND GLOSSY PICTURES
[i][/i]

OVATION SHOULD PORTRAY THE OPPOSITE SIDE AND SEE IF HIS CIRCULATION WILL NOT
PLUMMET !!!!!!! WILL HE SHOW THE WORLD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE DOWNTRODDEN?
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by redsun(m): 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
It is despicable  to sing praises to criminals,especially when coming from somebody that claim to know better,it makes him an accessory.He aids and abets criminals(nigerian ruling elites) by encoraging them with his Otimkpu jounalism.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by youngies(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Moves:

All I see here, is a lot of Envy as stated by Dele, What Exactly is he is crime, That He writes an Article in ThisDay newspaper as a social commentator and Also celebrates the wealthy & open corrupt people in his photo magazine,
Do we Subject the Pastor & Imams where the guys worship to the same, do we ask the churches & mosques to return the donations and offerings of this openly corrupt men ,
Envy!!!!!!!    

Moves, you come off as someone . . . .
You mean we shouldn't critisize him for his double standard?
The gods are wise!!!

Pastors and Imams are being torn into shreds on daily basis on NL for same or similar offences.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Afam(m): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2009
Moves:

Of course, he had to show humility because he may have realized that there are independent minded people who say things as they are and who will not tolerate his insults in the earlier response.

Put differently, the shock he got that Nigerians are wiser than he thought gave room for what you call humility.

nobilia:

Born praise singers, I hate you all. What has he said to address issues raised against him rather he found it a good time to promote Ovation and his facebook fans.
Dele didn't find it worthwhile to join issues with us on nairaland or defend our criticism and some of you are here praising him still.
I spit on you all two edged swords and praise singers. I stand on my words that Dele should limit his articles to praise singing and entertainment news, any article on national discourse from him is a no no for me.

Don't generalize because not everyone has done (or is doing) a u-turn on this issue.

I am simply too shocked at some comments here to even comment on them.

I take sides on issues based on principles and my support or conscience is not for sale.

His handling of the criticisms was very poor as he failed to address the issues raised but instead reduced the whole wahala to people being frustrated, not in tune with the current trend, being envious of his OVATION etc.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by sesman(m): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2009
canuck:

I have never seen a copy of Ovation, nor will I ever buy one.
Having said that, I don't think Dele Momodu deserves this barrage of attacks from NLanders. It appears that we Nigerians are unable to express contrary opinions without character assassination.

This is BS - The OK/Hello magazine folks are glorified cameramen who are unable to string 4 sentences together. Does that mean Momodu should not express an opinion in the dailies (because it differs from yours)? I don't think so!

It's called Freedom of speech mate! which also give me the opportunity to also critiicize him.
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by youngies(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2009
citizenY:

IT IS GOOD FOR dELE TO UNDERSTAND HOW OTHERS FEEL ABOUT HIM.
FORTUNATELY OR UNFORTUNATELY, OVATION HAS SOMETIMES SHOWCASED THE
OTHER SIDE-- OUR OPPRESSORS AND THEIR LIFESTYLES, SHOWING US WHAT THEY
HAVE DONE WITH OUR MONEY. ALL THOSE FEATURES, AND  GLOSSY PICTURES
[i][/i]

OVATION SHOULD PORTRAY THE OPPOSITE SIDE AND SEE IF HIS CIRCULATION WILL NOT
PLUMMET !!!!!!! WILL HE SHOW THE WORLD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE DOWNTRODDEN?
Abeg citizenY, are you above 80 years?
How can you be typing in all CAPS and bold at the same time?
You are shouting abeg and it's annoying  grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! by Moves: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
youngies:

Envy!!!!!!!    

Moves, you come off as someone . . . .
You mean we shouldn't critisize him for his double standard?
The gods are wise!!!
Pastors and Imams are being torn into shreds on daily basis on NL for same or similar offences.
I Never posited that he should not be criticized, What am saying that becos he publishes a magazine where wealthy people (both corrupt & not corrupt) are pictured does not make it wrong for him to write a newpaper article as a social commetator, This peoplle and their cohort pay to be published there, so it is just business, just like newspapers are awashed with congratulatory messages for the same group of people, and this same newpapers have social commentors that will stick it to them, Abeg spare the man for the creating a niche market where people pay to be photographed and people pay to see the pictures,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which State Is Least Known In Nigeria? Jigawa? / Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. / "Treasury Looters Have Eaten Nigeria’s Seed Of Growth For Breakfast"—tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.