Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:05 PM

Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? (3977 Views)

Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri / Important Things To Take Along If You Are Relocating To Usa For The First Time / Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by RichYoungNigger(m): 3:18am On Jun 28, 2016
SnakeDoctor2020:
Do you listen to news at all? Presidents of the European Union have ordered the immediate implementation of brexit. It will no longer take two years as earlier speculated.

Stupidity.
Can you tell me the procedures for the removal of Britain from the European Union ??
You can't just wake up and decide to remove Britain from the European Union, it will take years or won't even happen
Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 28, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Stupidity.
Can you tell me the procedures for the removal of Britain from the European Union ??
You can't just wake up and decide to remove Britain from the European Union, it will take years or won't even happen
Was that all you could come up with? Smh

5 Likes

Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by dotcomnamename: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
The only country in the world is USA.
Others are local governments, and it's funny how people keep mentioning Canada as a country, Nigeria is better than Canada.

Again if Trump becomes the president, nothing will change, Americans don't give a fucck about who their president is
Britain is still in the European Union, it will take about 4 years before they exit from the European Union.

USA is the only country in the whole wide world.

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by bebe2(f): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2016
SnakeDoctor2020:
Was that all you could come up with? Smh

The boy is vile.

We have been going back and forth on this thread and within a few hours of his first post he has managed to throw in an offensive word.

I kind of feel sorry for those who live around him.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
bebe2:

The boy is vile.

We have been going back and forth on this thread and within a few hours of his first post he has managed to throw in an offensive word.

I kind of feel sorry for those who live around him.
My dear, that's what you get when some randy and ill-mannered kids are let loose on a faceless forum like nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by megastu(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2016
bebe2:
After the recent UK exit from the EU something struck . The feeling of loneliness, isolation, being unwanted etc.

I have being in the for 16yrs now and have only had gid experience's. I have integrated well into the UK society while still holding on to naija lifestyle.

But after this OUT vote I have started to question my future and that of my young kids in the uk.

If you offer me everything in the world and ask me where would I want to live I would say AMERICA. I went to check it out last summer (went to LA and atlanta) and loved it , maybe it was the holiday mood and I have lots of family there.

But am really flirting wit the idea of leaving the UK before things get worse, America is my choice but their gun laws scares the hell out of me.

If I don't make the move then I will live my not knowing Wat could have happened if we did move.

But if we do and it doesn't work out then we wud ve wasted our time, money and effort.

So confused lipsrsealed

Bro, home is the best forget what they say about Nigeria. I have lived in europe and also visited all continents. Read my blog

https://musbeeblog./
Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by bebe2(f): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2016
megastu:

Bro, home is the best forget what they say about Nigeria. I have lived in europe and also visited all continents. Read my blog

https://musbeeblog./

U talking out of sentiments.

There is nothing best in home .

As painful as it is , the truth is if u have lived 5yrs or more in the west , it's near impossible to live in present day Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Time For My Family To Emigrate From UK To USA? by lagosrd: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2016
maternal:

princey's experience is based on two provinces. And by the look of it, I think he/she has only been in Canada for a few years. Just to clear some misconceptions. To begin with I can name 6 cities off my head where the metro population is above 1 million. The weather is not that bad. It's usually warm from April to the end of September. In fact in the last 2 months all we've been getting is 25-30 C degree weather. The winters can be brutal depending which province you live in. In Vancouver for example it barley snows and you can have mild 5-8 degree winters. It can go below 0 a few times. Whereas in Sask it's cold as hell. Last Christmas in Ontario it was like 15 degree. Though it was a fluke. It all depends really.

Families or couples don't usually work in different provinces. Such is not abnormal in Alberta or Sask because that's where the oil sector is located. So the husband may fly out to the oil fields for 2 weeks then return. But someone who lives in Toronto for example wouldn't do such. The cost of living in Canada vs US doesn't tell the whole story. While goods may be cheaper in the US, usually the salaries in those states are lower. Plus in the US they don't have Universal healthcare and they usually pay high premiums for healthcare insurance, or pay out of their pockets. They also don't have a lot of the social benefits we get in Canada. From the outside it may look like the cost of living is cheaper there, but once you do the math it really isn't. Hence why house may be a bit cheaper there. That being said, it's really only the south where things are dirt cheap. In NYC for example, houses are twice the cost than in Canada. Lastly while their's now an influx of Nigerians coming, Nigerians have been here for decades. Though the history of Nigerians here is not as rich as in the UK or US.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your post here. Pls can we talk privately. Moreso to know the legal eays to get into Canada without hassle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year Student Of Eksu Lost Their Lives In A Fatal Motor Accident....(photos / Help!!! My Friend Got Deported From Ukraine / How Do I Get To NIMC State Office 232 Aba road, Portharcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.