Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) (63407 Views)

Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand / Please Help! Is Buhari Actually Deaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by nerodenero: 8:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Wasting time and energy on who shook whose hands in the picture is a doesnt make sense. One thing I'm certain of is that these people careless about our usual and unnecessarily "shout" on the internet. Their usual position is "have your say and we have our way". Many are arguing and from the picture, Alafin and Aisha are smiling grin.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Brainy007: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2016
sarrki:

Thanks mongo park
Its mungo not mongo

Olodo tongue

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by oodua1stson: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2016
sarrki:
Abi na photoshop ?
so they shake people in your village with their palms folded
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Ilemichael(m): 8:21am On Jun 26, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

How did alafin shooked his hands in the pics..
Re u having partial blindness.

Aisha greeted him with just like how olori of an oba greet the king with holding her two hands together and the king touches it.

Shooked

Haba!!!

People like you still blast Buhari for not going to school!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by opius: 8:22am On Jun 26, 2016
This is Osuba n not shaking

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by anonimi: 8:22am On Jun 26, 2016
iaamxavier:
worthless alaafin go and try it with ur emir or oba of Benin or obi of Onitsha well I'm not surprised they are always ass lickers undecided

Did the same arrogant, abusive Aisha not call all Edo women abroad as PROSTITUTES?
Did Edo people not still vote her husband?
Anyway, the same Edo people have a useless governor who insults widows and old women telling them to "Go and Die" for no apparent reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by pepigeorge(m): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

How did alafin shooked his hands in the pics..
Re u having partial blindness.

Aisha greeted him with just like how olori of an oba greet the king with holding her two hands together and the king touches it.

I guess the Alaafin must be a dwarf, Aisha seemed to be taller. .who is bowing to who...
from my unsentimental view, Alaafin is bowing. .
maybe from a yoruba view Aisha is bowing

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by RichYoungNigger(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:

Please correct me SLIM COW

Sorry.
You can educate yourself.
I don't get paid to educate arrogant A holes
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by graphiti: 8:24am On Jun 26, 2016
Progressive01:
I don't understand why some cursed people have taken it upon themselves to worry about how others live their lives. Alaafin shakes hands, they complain. Oba travels to UK, they complain. Ooni travels to US, they cry till eternity.

What manner of stupidity is this?? Why don't you people worry more about your Ezes that are drug lords in far away Australia??

That's why they are called "Bob Marley and the..............

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by tabisegroup(m): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

And also it doesn't look real
Happy Sunday gorgeous
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 26, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Sorry. You can educate yourself. I don't get paid to educate arrogant A holes
A holes ...I see
I know ur type
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by pepigeorge(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2016
rose54321:
Did you expect the poor dude to refuse the "First Lady"'s hand?
Abegi, it was wrong for the first lady to initiate the handshake with someone that elderly. As I said earlier

Aisha knows she was not supposed. ..she just won fall the Alaafin hand.... make she try won shake sultan

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2016
Brainy007:
Its mungo not mongo
Olodo tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by francisbiz: 8:40am On Jun 26, 2016
sarrki:

Thanks mongo park
It's Mungo Park, not Mongo Park. Thanks would have been enough, your OLODO GET EPISODES
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by jayfierce(m): 8:43am On Jun 26, 2016
Who hand shake epp?

Why are we so concerned with trivialities?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by TheAlchemist: 8:46am On Jun 26, 2016
hero2000:

So if Aisha Buhari offers to shake Obama and shakes her, Sultan is greater than Obama!

For your mind.

While Obama has the means to nuke the world to the beginning of another ice age... what real world power does the Sultan boast of!
With all the so called power of the Sultan see the level of poverty endemic in the North.
#ourtraditionisnotlettingusprogressasanation

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SaffronSpice: 8:46am On Jun 26, 2016
YabaLeftist:
grin grin grin

Craze dey worry you, aswear. So the Alafin is even allowed to touch hands with a woman? What's the difference between shaking hands and touching hands? grin

You people were shouting on the other thread that's it's an abomination for a woman to touch the Alafin, now you're saying it's just touching hands and not shaking hands.

Bunch of superstitious people.

Your ignorance is nauseating.

Don't you think it's better for you to keep shut instead of making a parade of your stupidity on matters you know nothing about?
Next time, do just so.
That form of greeting is called oshuba in Yoruba; it's the way women greet traditional title holders.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by creekmayor: 8:49am On Jun 26, 2016
Na wa of
JimiOgunlola:
Look at what yoruba race have turned into. Can Aisha offer to shake the Sultan?

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still support fulani is beyond me.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by eightsin(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Sempumping:
Op shook not shaked. ...

olodo

And also it doesn't look real

Hohoho. My belle o
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2016
francisbiz:
It's Mungo Park, not Mongo Park. Thanks would have been enough, your OLODO GET EPISODES

Thanks ooo

Op come and see oo
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Fedayeen02: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2016
Progressive01:
I don't understand why some cursed people have taken it upon themselves to worry about how others live their lives. Alaafin shakes hands, they complain. Oba travels to UK, they complain. Ooni travels to US, they cry till eternity.

What manner of stupidity is this?? Why don't you people worry more about your Ezes that are drug lords in far away Australia??
mynd44 kindly look into this. Omenka is always typing with hatred
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by pearl4eva: 8:52am On Jun 26, 2016
People up there insulting this woman,I hope u know the woman does not even know u exist.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Fedayeen02: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2016
pearl4eva:
People up there insulting this woman,I hope u know the woman does not even know u exist.
Tell Aisha Haliburton to travel to US then
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Aisha15(f): 9:05am On Jun 26, 2016
arresa:

Surprised that at your age you still don't know the difference between Hausa and Yoruba including the fact that they have different identities, way of the life and culture.

Alafin is not the Sultan and the Sultan is not Alafin.

true talk.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Progressive01(m): 9:10am On Jun 26, 2016
Fedayeen02:
[s]mynd44 kindly look into this. Omenka is always typing with hatred [/s]
What has "Omenka" got to do with this??

Was an Ezeigbo not caught as a drug baron in Australia??

You scrolled past all the idiotic comments of the Lost **** of Israel and took particular interest in mine. I bet those comments show so much love for Yorubas as opposed to mine.

Nairaland should, as a matter of urgency, make a rule that forbids people to be extremely foolish.

You people insult Yorubas at every single opportunity forgetting that the platform upon which you are doing so is owned by a Yoruba man.

Sometimes I wish I was Seun. I for see where una go follow take dey do this nonsense,flouting Rules with reckless abandon only to turn around and start crying "everyone hates us".

You lot disgust me.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by SamMilla1(m): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2016
sainty2k3:

look at the pictured very well Aisha's hand was under and the king made a fist to touch her hand. that's clear enough

What's Aisha's hands doing with Alafins hands in the first place?

In my place, women bow down and the king touches their back and asks them to stand.
Women down stretch hands at all, let alone the king to stretch his own hands. Alafin seemed to be bowing for Aisha sef
That's desecration of culture and Alafin should be fired.
So no matter how much you try to paint the picture with different descriptions, Alafin fvcked up.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by teebillz: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Am I the only who thinks that the Alaafin even kinda bend to greet the woman, like you would greet the Queen of England?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Lionhearted: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Fedayeen02: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Progressive01:
What has "Omenka" got to do with this??

Was an Ezeigbo not caught as a drug baron in Australia??

You scrolled past all the idiotic comments of the Lost **** of Israel and took particular interest in mine. I bet those comments show so much love for Yorubas as opposed to mine.

Nairaland should, as a matter of urgency, make a rule that forbids people to be extremely foolish.

You people insult Yorubas at every single opportunity forgetting that the platform upon which you are doing so is owned by a Yoruba man.

Sometimes I wish I was Seun. I for see where una go follow take dey do this nonsense,flouting Rules with reckless abandon only to turn around and start crying "everyone hates us".

You lot disgust me.
Omenka is now a Defender of the Tribe of Yoruba grin grin

Stop appealing to seun and mynd44 emotions

Mynd44 omenka just broke another rule
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by cosade(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2016
AgricSalt:
What I can see here is that Ma Aisha wanted to greet Pa Alafin with a normal handshake initially, but the Alafin respectfully and smilingly corrected her. That is why she corrected herself and brought forward two hands and now Alafin placed his on top.

*modified*
Besides, there's nothing out of place in what transpired between them there. Ma Aisha acted out of ignorance, not disrespect. And Pa Alafin acted out of decorum, not disapproval.

The Alafin in his own wisdom offered her "osuba" (fist) as a courtesy, which is a special way of greeting especially for female title holders.

In Yoruba tradition, when there is dispute between a married couple and the wife pleads with an "osuba" the husband should not reject such plea. That is the genesis of the song to the Almighty God.
Osuba re ooo
Osuba re ooo
Oba ta o ri
Ta ri'se owo re
Osuba re ooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by Vince77(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2016
Lionhearted:
Look at their hands very well. Does that look like a shake?

Rather their fists were just touching.

I noticed too
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Shook Aisha Buhari Actually ( Photo) by dhorlipizzu(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Look at what yoruba race have turned into. Can Aisha offer to shake the Sultan?

These people have degraded the our yoruba custom, why some still support fulani is beyond me.
look at the pics well he didnt shake her jhoor ..m adjust ur glasses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Entrance To Boko Haram Underground Silo Discovered By Nigerian Army (photo) / Pictures Of The 13-year Old Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Kano / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.