Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:49 PM

I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt (31315 Views)

Bride-to-be & Her Fiance Die In Auto Crash Enroute To Lagos From PH / "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nutase:
Go! Go!! Go!!! Go!!!! Go!!!!! Go!!!!!! Go!!!!!!!

Hahahaha, you be evil spirit for him mind

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by lacasera14(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
uanda:
I am sure the op is an ikwere man.
I have been in phc for 8 years and have never seen of heard of an ikwere man leave ikwere land or travel out.

The indiginship of a thing has eaten so dip into them.

I am sure, there is no ikwere man or phc man in Lagos. I stand to be corrected.

My advice to op is this, don't go to Lagos because you will be the only ikwere man there.
bro don't let me send slap to you wherever you are, you just sit in your poo and spew junk spontaneously who told you there are no ikwerres in lagos half of my relatives are based in Lagos, by the way people move to Lagos for greener pastures and pH is well endowed with opportunities and less hassles we have virtually everything or have you seen a Lagos indigene relocating to yenagoa for business? Be careful this Sunday night

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by lacasera14(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
scattered where?..since u are a pH boy, I will answer u wen u become a man... I don't deal with children
half-assed man you are don't answer me pls Mr statistics
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by ThuGnificenX: 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
lacasera14:
half-assed man you are don't answer me pls Mr statistics
lol... I av not hear this one b4 fa! Half assed shocked
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by guiddoti: 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
op you have never hear lagexit referendum abi grin
lasgidi nay for hustler if you can wake as early as 4.30am and return home 11.30pm everyday apart on Sundays. Also if you can run to catch your bus while the bus is on motion, unlike how pitacot' dey do yanga for bus

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Do not move to any new city in Nigeria if you have no job offer,a support system,money,a hustling spirit or if you're not smart. This holds true in America as it does in Lagos or Abuja.
I've lived in 5 states spread across Nigeria and can vow that's Lagos offers the greatest opportunities for the adventurous, hustling, determined, hardworking person.
You can make it in Lagos only if you're smart. Or you'll be one of the people just struggling to survive but you'll still be happy.
It's a city of happy people.

If you have a degree,develop a personality,know where to go and who to talk to,how to talk, then you can make it anywhere in the world.
People who had never been in Lagos moved here with nothing and are winning.

The most important ingredient in any passionate endeavour is determination(what we call "sense" in Lagos,"hustle",smarts).
Shine your eyes wherever you decide to go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Mob2323(m): 12:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Unless you are highly rich you enjoy lagos coolUnless you are highly rich you enjoy lagos

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by mbz101(m): 1:04am On Jun 27, 2016
I won't advice you to come if u not got good job . But think cam well . Lagos is fun when u get money to flex and go back to ur hole .
born in Lagos and raised .. it's school of hard knock life .. I wish I can see things that will relocate to Akure or Onisha .
Bro make I no lie u Lagos is stressful wealthier u get money or u no get money ..

Once u have peace of mind over there .. Man maintain it . For here u go sweat oo.

Lagos for the extremist .
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by SeanDada1(m): 3:58am On Jun 27, 2016
2papa:
I was born in Port Harcourt, I Schooled in Port Harcourt, All my Family are in Port Harcourt, I worked in Port Harcourt. But am tired, I love Lagos and want to relocate. I don't have relatives nor Friends there but I felt I will make it in Lagos. Should I Relocate?

Guy stay for PH oooo! I was born & brought up in Lagos. Hustle tire for Lagos. But no way.. I always have SMS and text for jobs weekly/monthly from companies in PH. I relocated to PH after frequent travels to avoid road accidents. Today, I'm counting my blessings in PHC grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Alexchubee(m): 5:32am On Jun 27, 2016
I dey find relocation from naija 2 may be australia,canada, new zealand person dey heRe dey reason ph 2 lagos. Typical from frying pan to fire

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by 2kurupt(m): 5:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Lincolnburrows:
It depends on what you are doing and what you want to become in life. If you are a salary earner and have no intentions of venturing into business, pls remain in phc. But if you are a risk taker and wants to be a business mogul, choose Lagos. If u are a musician/actor/upcoming artist, choose Lagos. Below is a guideline:
1) musician- Lagos
2) militant- phc
3)blogger-Lagos
4) oil bunkering- Phc
5)importer/exporter-Lagos
6)job applicant- Lagos
7)banker-phc....lagos will makeu leave your house 4am and return by 10pm everyday
cool add yours

Plz stop insulting my beloved PHC, every State and indeed city got it's good, bad and ugly sides.

@OP. As loads of people have already suggested I'll emphasize that you take a break from work (maybe a leave) then visit Lagos & other places first to relax & broaden your scope of ideas, rather than making a hasty move.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by wolex81: 5:44am On Jun 27, 2016
I LEFT EKITI FOR LAGOS 2003 AND ON GETTING TO LAG MY BROTHER REJECTED ME ON THE GROUND THAT I DIDN'T INFORM HIM BEFORE COMING. I MET A GUY WHO CAME FROM STATE AND HE ACCOMMODATED ME BEFORE HE WENT HAYWIRE. AFTER THEN ANOTHER GOOD SAMARITAN ACCOMMODATED ME FOR A WHILE BEFORE HE WENT TO SERVICE. AND I WASN'T BULGE BECAUSE I WAS DETERMINED I WILL NOT GO BACK TO EKITI. I BEGAN DOING CONDUCTOR EVENT HOUGH IT AGAINST MY WISH BUT I HAVE A NO CHOICE. ONE DAY I KNELT DOWN AND ASKED GOD FOR A FAVOUR CONCERNING WORK. ON ONE FATEFUL DAY, I WAS GOING JEJELY WITHOUT LOOKING FOR WORK AND GOD GAVE ME A JOB WHEN I WAS LEAST EXPECTED. THE MOST AWESOME PART OF THE JOB WAS THAT IT PROVIDED ME AN ACCOMMODATION WHICH WAS MORE THAN AN HEADACHE TO ME. IT WAS AN HOTEL JOB WHICH MEAN I CAN SLEEP AFTER CLOSING LATE. IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF GOOD THINGS IN MY LIFE BECAUSE BEFORE THEN I HAD SLEPT OUTSIDE MANY TIMES. AFTER SIX MONTHS, I WAS ABLE TO RENT AN APARTMENT OF MY OWN AND EVEN ACCOMMODATED MY FRIENDS AND THEN INVITED MY YOUNGER BROTHER FROM VILLAGE TO LIVE WITH THE ME AND ALSO WORK. AFTER SOME YEARS OF HUSTLE, GOD CAPPED MY HUSTLE BY GIVING ME A VISA AND NOW I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY THAT WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. MAN DON'T GIVE UP CUZ IT A RISK NOT TO TAKE A RISK. WHO KNOWS, IT MAY BE YOUR BIGGEST DESCISION IN LIFE. PLUS THOSE WHO CHERISH THEIR COMFORT ZONES AND REFUSED TO EXPLORE ARE NOT DOING THEMSELVES FAVOUR.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by just2okworld(f): 6:16am On Jun 27, 2016
Follow your heart bro... I wish you God's best
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by HopeAtHand: 7:29am On Jun 27, 2016
uanda:
I am sure the op is an ikwere man.
I have been in phc for 8 years and have never seen of heard of an ikwere man leave ikwere land or travel out.

The indiginship of a thing has eaten so dip into them.

I am sure, there is no ikwere man or phc man in Lagos. I stand to be corrected.

My advice to op is this, don't go to Lagos because you will be the only ikwere man there.

Lemme break it down for you.

Ikwerre people come from a state of about 6million people, that posts a yearly IGR of N82Billion, have multinational companies aplenty, seaports and strategic facilities of national importance. We are usually first option whenever there's a job opening. We do not need to travel to Lagos to seek greener pastures. The grass is very green on our side.

The Rivers indigene and the real Lagos indigene are in the same same shoes.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 27, 2016
2papa:
I was born in Port Harcourt, I Schooled in Port Harcourt, All my Family are in Port Harcourt, I worked in Port Harcourt. But am tired, I love Lagos and want to relocate. I don't have relatives nor Friends there but I felt I will make it in Lagos. Should I Relocate?

When a man begins to seek the opinions of others in a decision he ought to make as a man,FAILURE would be boldly written on his forehead for all who helped him make the decision to learn from.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Dexema(m): 7:36am On Jun 27, 2016
makapoda:
My broda, my broda, my broda. How many times did I call u? Three times, lagos no easy ooooooo ooooooo. I am a testimony. when i started my nysc in lagos in 2014, March 11 precisely I was normal when I left my state IMO STATE to lagos for my nysc. My broda but after I left the nysc camp without knowing anybody in lagos, thinking that the school where I was posted for my ppa will offer me accommodation. My broda after two months lagos automatically turned me to agbaro. My broda if u see me chai you understand what am saying. My broda work/job no dey lagos ooooooo, if you no get contact or connect(in phyno voice). But if u get connect and also get money, my broda you go enjoy lasgidi. Ajao Estate is d best place to live in lagos mainline and also Anthony area.
which ajao estate u dey talk? for me best areas on the mainland are: ikeja, maryland, Anthony, ilupeju, gbagada then maybe ajao, festac and other suburbs. as for the intending jjc, just pray and have the Will to hustle you go make am here, come see ifeanyi, ugochukwu and ochuko wey never use 5 years and thay are "comfortable"....btw the hustle continues. viva lasgidi
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Dexema(m): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2016
Joavid:
abeg don't come to this overpopulated city. we are choking already.

I've lived all my life in Lagos, won't mind relocating to a more stable and less stressful city.

Na mad people full Lagos. grin
see dem ooo, come back in the next few years and you go still see dem for lagos hustling hard and going strong except if they travel out, and even in such instance they still miss lagos. there is this tough love syndrome about lagos, you see what you get.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by NaKaro(m): 8:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Why not? You should follow your heart. After flexing your muscle or pockets of course.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by stinggy(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2016
AuroraB:
grin grin yeye.com grin. Ayam nuh cwezy sad Some others are angry grin
Iffahiia Una na d same jare. That city is hell on earth angry
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by AuroraB(f): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
stinggy:

Iffahiia
Una na d same jare. That city is hell on earth angry
embarassed Person no dey ff yhu play again grin undecided tongue

Good morning, Stinggy cool
Runaway in-law sad
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by stinggy(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2016
AuroraB:
embarassed Person no dey ff yhu play again grin undecided tongue

Good morning, Stinggy cool
Runaway in-law sad
Run go whr na
Coming from you that shoul know better... I'm heartbroken embarassed
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Revolva(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Lagos is by far better than anywhere in nigeria instead of you to be here and hustle hard things r cheap somehow na PH wey life de xpensive u de want run go carrry go body never tell u

People de try to run from lagos to abroad na PH u de run go alaye double ur hustle unless owuite go wear u facecap
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by snowblaq(f): 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
2papa:
op...im just like u...although not born in PH but I spend most of my life there...my education nd all...but immediately after my NYSC I applied for a job in Lag...I got it...but I was scared to relocate even tho I have family in Lag...but I took my parents advice nd went to pursue my dreams nd career...I honestly wldnt say it was fun at first...nd it stil vry much isnt...but Im happy I followed their advices and went on to make a life for myself in Lag....il advise u to do the same..esp if u hv a job there...as well as accomodation....ul get used to the environment...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by AuroraB(f): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
stinggy:

Run go whr na
Coming from you that shoul know better... I'm heartbroken embarassed
cheesy grin
Ibiakwala cheesy sad
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by yom2(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
spiralwedge:
No vacancy in Lagos. The deportation will resume shortly, especially as militants are now ravaging Lagos suburbs.

You can try Uyo, Onitsha, or Yenogoa. They are not far.
what is he saying?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by spiralwedge(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
yom2:
what is he saying?

You mean ONLY YOU did not understand that? I pity your life o. I cant help your solution.

Go ask all those 'likers' and 'sharers'
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by Uzch89(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
asha90:
Be careful what you wish yourself.

Lagos is HARSHER economically by far than PH, so don't bother to move because it is more like moving from cat's den to lions den. PH is ok at least you can trek from Waterlines to Agip or from mile-1 to Town, everywhere is almost close to each other, but there is no trekkable distance in Lagos, everywhere is just far from each other particularly a beginner like you, you will smell pepper.

Be careful my brother, stay where you know already than venturing into an unknown with JUST a matchet and a stick.

#Be sure of what you wish yourself!

Lagos is small in terms of land mass. Distance between locations in lagos arent really far but the bus fares are something else....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by rainlover(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
kubumilano:
OK...Issues to Carefully consider before coming to lagos. Dear friend, I reside in lagos in the mainland and I must tell you that life aren't easy for the poor atall. I want you to check these: 1. Do u have a job u will be coming to do in lagos if No, Boost u Bank account before coming, With a Reasonabl amount of Money u can enter big markets li d Lagos island market and start up something. And I assure u, u will make it. 2. Where do u intend living in lagos. In the mainland or island,all of these depends on ur pocket. If u are having a good money, Friend, Live in the Island, Beautiful environment,Beautiful pple and a easy way to go to d lagos island market also on d island. 3. If u want to live in the mainland stay at festac/Apapa. If u stay in Olodi apapa/Ajegunle. With little income u can survive and wen things get better u can relocate. For fun, Lagos Is Wow, all the life is in dis city. Stay out of trouble,Obey the rules,don't fight the street touts,use leniency on dem and open ur eyes,dont d JJC(jolly jst come) a slang for new comers. Be careful of scammers dat will come with I have laptops to sale,bla bla, and any other form of scam. I wish u the best.
Good day boss are you still in mainland?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt by ibechris(m): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lagos is toxic...I left that city 20years ago and I thank God I did.

The air quality is poor,the noise pollution is the worst in Africa.

Agbero no be here,in fact find another place go.

Abuja,Jos,Kaduna and Delta go intead of thinking ofmoving to such a place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos / Bayelsa Helicopter Crash: Chopper Exploded Before Crashing / 12 Reasons Why Italy Is The Most Racist Nation In The Western World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.