Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist (4385 Views)

Why Nobody Knows The Population Of Nigeria - The Economist / From ‘poorly Qualified’, The Economist Says Adeosun Is A ‘tenacious’ Minister / The Economist-How To Make A Hard Currency Crisis Worse By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Orikinla(m): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2016
[size=28pt]Avengers unite![/size]
Violence in the Delta has cut oil output by a third. It may get even worse

N THE Niger Delta, a gun is an investment that yields excellent returns. Jamnogo Blessing, a gang member, recently turned up in Yenagoa, a turbulent city in the oil-pumping Niger Delta, to buy a stash of weapons from militants who hung up their boots seven years ago. “The only language the government listens to is violence,” he says. Once rearmed, his gang will attack oil companies operating around his home town of Idheze, he adds.

An army of unemployed young men like Mr Blessing is threatening to rise up in southern Nigeria and blow up oil pipelines. The industry, on which Nigeria depends for nearly all government revenues, could be crippled, as it was for much of the early 2000s. Production has already fallen to about 1.5m barrels a day (b/d), down from 2.2m last year, as attacks gather pace. This has helped push the global oil price back up to almost $50 a barrel. And it could spell disaster for President Muhammadu Buhari, who is trying to stave off recession. His budget assumed almost double that level of output this year.

Responsibility for much of the damage has been claimed by a mysterious and skilful band called the Niger Delta Avengers. Earlier this year they set off an explosion six metres under water, cutting output by 250,000b/d. Foreign oil firms are giving up on repairs, since the saboteurs just strike again. Local producers who rely on pipelines have been forced to turn off the taps. “We’ve had not a drop of oil for four and a half months,” laments Kola Karim, the boss of Shoreline Energy, one such group.

Read the full report on http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21701165-violence-delta-has-cut-oil-output-third-it-may-get-even

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:31am On Jun 26, 2016
More trouble for you when the shots start hitting the fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by hungryboy(m): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2016
This guys are just criminals and touts looking for a big payday. Like Asari Dokubo and Tompolo before them, They do not care about the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by PRYCE(m): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2016
Statements like "97% and 5%" are very divisive and consequently give birth to hate and uprisings!

They say wisdom comes with age but Buhari totally rubbishes that saying!

Dullard is an understatement! Chai!!!

lalasticlala

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by SeverusSnape(m): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2016
PRYCE:
Statements like "97% and 5%" are very divisive and consequently give birth to hate and uprisings!

All hail mumu ibn dullardeen ibn mohaMADdu ibn hari. The king of the north.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by PRYCE(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Lol! @ IBN El-Dullardeen

Chai I so love this new name! grin cheesy

Someone should register a new moniker with that!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by dukie25: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2016
Buhari called us 5%, we responded as owners of 100% resources, this movie is not gonna end well.

15 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by SeverusSnape(m): 9:09am On Jun 26, 2016
PRYCE:

Lol! @ IBN El-Dullardeen

Chai I so love this new name! grin cheesy

Someone should register a new moniker with that!
Trust Nairalanders, They will soon do that. grin

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by princemillla(m): 9:17am On Jun 26, 2016
The stupid thing i ever read about this avengers is.. They claim they aren't killing common man, but their action is killing common man in numbers
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2016
when does the new round of begging start? grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Breadmaker: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
PRYCE:

lalasticlala
I tell people that Buhari is the architect of his problems. Nigeria has never been this confused and divided. He's is careless with words and rarely asks his advisers for advice. The level of hatred and tribalism in Nigeria today are fruits from the seed of hatred he sowed during Jonathan's tenure. Now the ungovernable country he created for the past leader is right under his control, still ungovernable.

Worse than it was and a sane man expects me to pray for him.

Who am I to interfere in Karma's business?

18 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 9:29am On Jun 26, 2016
The avengers really make me laugh...
They claim they are educated but their actions speak differently....
.. Really how can any Niger Deltans blame fedral government for there underdevelopment
A private investor buys an oil block.. . Contruct rigs.. drill and mine oil... pays 55% to the government
13% of this money is given to the Niger Delta states... the rest shared between states and federal government
The fedral government and the oil companies found NDDC and the fedral government found ministry of Niger Delta
This agencies are headed by ur brothers.. with all the revenue ur leaders refuse to develop ur place and use the money to build houses in lagos and Abuja. .. And of recent owerri. ..
Now the youths blame the fedral government??

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by dazdilijae(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2016
princemillla:
The stupid thing i ever read about this avengers is.. They claim they aren't killing common man, but their action is killing common man in numbers

Not their actions it's d govts actions. The bombing started in Feb 2016 but the hardship killing people was 4m govt clueless n dull response to economics down turns. When we were complaining early for the govt 2 sit up you guys were saying it was 2 early 2 criticise a new govt n resulted 2 calling us Wailers now we as see a stitch in time says nine.

Let me use one of the popular phrases
"Order is more vital than speed" hope you are enjoying your order now?

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by PRYCE(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2016
Breadmaker:
I tell people that Buhari is the architect of his problems. Nigeria has never been this confused and divided. He's is careless with words and rarely asks his advisers for advice. The level of hatred and tribalism in Nigeria today are fruits from the seed of hatred he sowed during Jonathan's tenure. Now the ungovernable country he created for the past leader is right under his control, still ungovernable.

Worse than it was and a sane man expects me to pray for him.

Who am I to interfere in Karma's business?

Good question @ bolded! grin

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by yhemsy62(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You badt o grin

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by PRYCE(m): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The avengers really make me laugh...
They claim they are educated but their actions speak differently....
.. Really how can any Niger Deltans blame fedral government for there underdevelopment
A private investor buys an oil block.. . Contruct rigs.. drill and mine oil... pays 55% to the government
13% of this money is given to the Niger Delta states... the rest shared between states and federal government
The fedral government and the oil companies found NDDC and the fedral government found ministry of Niger Delta
This agencies are headed by ur governor. .. with all the revenue ur leaders refuse to develop ur place and use the money to build houses in lagos and Abuja. .. And of recent owerri. ..

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??
what about the oil spills? Does the Federal government (that SOLELY negotiates deals with oil firms, allocate oil blocs, hand out licences) regulate their activities effeciently? Is the NDDC ( which is a federal commission) living up to its bill?

NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta are headed by South South governors?? CHAII!!!!

If this isn't the biggest lie I've ever seen, then Buhari is 19 years old!

lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Orikinla(m): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2016
In the heat of the gun battles between militants and Nigerian military on Bonny Island about ten years ago, I was in a cyber cafe near the jetty when gun shots rocked the buildings nearby. But I continued surfing the internet.
When you have grown up as a refuge child in a war-torn country with daily deafening sounds of gunfire, bombings and shellings, you would have become fearless of such gun battles over the years.
Nigerians need peace and not violence.
All these bloody weapons Niger Delta Avengers and others are using for their hit and run attacks are outdated and they will end up with regrets after the battles.
If I am involved in this bloody game, I will not even need criminals and terrorists for attacks. I am too advanced for this kind of war games. It is too primitive.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by dazdilijae(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
The
This agencies are headed by ur governor. .. with all the revenue ur leaders refuse to develop ur place and use the money to build houses in lagos and Abuja. .. And of recent owerri. ..

How is that sensible??

I really don't get??

But I would try 2 explain it 2 you with jus 2 points
1. The oil is a mineral resource as Tin,Gold etc. In the law of this country a private investor should pay rent 2 the land owner when mining 4 gold, tin etc thereby enriching the citizens in dat region but same law says the FG takes it in the ND and that same FG appoints a stooge 2 head a Federal govt agency called NDDC n gives pennies 2 him/her while directing them 2 do A or B which is nt d need of the community ( mark d word DIRECT cos any1 in public service knows what that implies)

2 Bayelsa state has 8LGA while Kano has 44LGAs the law of the country say you share the wealth generated 4m Bayelsa by LGAs so by default Kano collects 5.5 times what bayelsa gets so wen you add that your 13% it's means bayelsa receives half of wat Kano gets for contributing less dan 6% 2 d revenue. On the other hand if 1m naira is need 2 make a foundation for a 10stories hospital in Kano you would need 3times that amount 2 build same in bayelsa

I hope u get the drift now. let me stop here

6 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Progressive01(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2016
hungryboy:
This guys are just criminals and touts looking for a big payday.
Like Asari Dokubo and Tompolo before them,
They do not care about the Niger Delta.
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by DaBullIT(m): 10:06am On Jun 26, 2016
Posts like this thrive because Buhari has not done what i personally would approve

Invasion , full war package, Airforce keeps bombarding Sambisa, foot soldiers intercepting and rescuing hostages

Tanks , jets , snipers should be stationed in the east and proper bombardment of hotspots should commence , when you give criminals, blackmailers , bunkerers and pipeline vandals the audacity to talk , that's when others will follow the suit and rise up

make every criminal activity a dangerous venture and those scums will return to schools
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by kettykin: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2016
The APC government continue to encourage this type of full fledged armed insurrection against the government if these same militants have come out unarmed with out guns demonstrating in the cities of Niger delta states, what we call military in Nigeria would have opened fire on the unarmed Niger deltans now they come armed and some hypocrites are complaining.

Someone said rightly that the only language some people understand is violence.
Now they have a violent group and the same military that once shot at unarmed protesters is helpless and silent, harassing innocent aged people, women and children in the villages

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Residue of luggard's myopic action.

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by crownwealth: 10:14am On Jun 26, 2016
DaBullIT:
Posts like this thrive because Buhari has not done what i personally would approve

Invasion , full war package, Airforce keeps bombarding Sambisa, foot soldiers intercepting and rescuing hostages

Tanks , jets , snipers should be stationed in the east and proper bombardment of hotspots should commence , when you give criminals, blackmailers , bunkerers and pipeline vandals the audacity to talk , that's when others will follow the suit and rise up

make every criminal activity a dangerous venture and those scums will return to schools

Dreamer boy wake up Buhari is a toothless bull dog.

He talk without thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by dazdilijae(m): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2016
DaBullIT:

Hahahahaha see talk
Did you read tha vandalism is done in villages? Hot spot ni sambisa Ko
Buhari can't bomb natin cos doing so is tantamount to foolishness
Are you saying they should every human being in the near by communities to every oil installations? Please do small research and reach before coming 2 make comments

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2016
dazdilijae:

Your Mumu is unquantifiable

But I would try 2 explain it 2 you with jus 2 points
1. The oil is a mineral resource as Tin,Gold etc. In the law of this country a private investor should pay rent 2 the land owner when mining 4 gold, tin etc thereby enriching the citizens in dat region but same law says the FG takes it in the ND and that same FG appoints a stooge 2 head a Federal govt agency called NDDC n gives pennies 2 him/her while directing them 2 do A or B which is nt d need of the community ( mark d word DIRECT cos any1 in public service knows what that implies)

2 Bayelsa state has 8LGA while Kano has 44LGAs the law of the country say you share the wealth generated 4m Bayelsa by LGAs so by default Kano collects 5.5 times what bayelsa gets so wen you add that your 13% it's means bayelsa receives half of wat Kano gets for contributing less dan 6% 2 d revenue. On the other hand if 1m naira is need 2 make a foundation for a 10stories hospital in Kano you would need 3times that amount 2 build same in bayelsa

I hope u get the drift now. let me stop here
Those this explain why Niger Delta is undeveloped? ?
The mean issue is the leader are corrupt a d don't have their people at heart. .. That's the truth u don't understand

1 Like

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by dazdilijae(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2016
kettykin:
The APC government continue to encourage this type of full fledged armed insurrection against the government if these same militants have come out unarmed with out guns demonstrating in the cities of Niger delta states, what we call military in Nigeria would have opened fire on the unarmed Niger deltans now they come armed and some hypocrites are complaining.

Someone said rightly that the only language some people understand is violence.
Now they have a violent group and the same military that once shot at unarmed protesters is helpless and silent, harassing innocent aged people, women and children in the villages

God bless your wisdom
I would like 2 remind us what PMB said in 2011 n I quote " when you don't allow for peaceful change violent change is inevitable"

Practice what you preach is my advise to PMB n APC

2 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2016
PRYCE:
what about the oil spills? Does the Federal government (that SOLELY negotiates deals with oil firms, allocate oil blocs, hand out licences) regulate their activities effeciently? Is the NDDC ( which is a federal commission) living up to its bill?

NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta are headed by South South governors?? CHAII!!!!

If this isn't the biggest lie I've ever seen, then Buhari is 19 years old!

lalasticlala
Obviously u should know that's a mistake.. . Oil companies are responsible for the cleaning of the oil Spills
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by CHIJIOKE1314: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2016
[s]
DaBullIT:

[/s]

How come you are on every thread on NL?.. Don't you have job somewhere?

Your rants here don't make any difference...

7 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by dazdilijae(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2016
mrvitalis:

Those this explain why Niger Delta is undeveloped? ?
The mean issue is the leader are corrupt a d don't have their people at heart. .. That's the truth u don't understand

You obviously don't get the drift
Ok let me come a little lower so u can pick a tine or two.
In 1999 Bayelsa state gubber election was shifted by 2weeks jus to ensure IBB, Abdulsalam n all the military top shots moved to bayelsa why? To ensure DSP was made governor because he was ex-military and would do their bidding.
Who do you call Niger delta leaders? Ameachi, Timipre Sylva etc or Diete-spiff, saro-wiwa, Edmond Daukoru etc? Our leader are not your politicians(stooges)
Hope I ve come 2 ur level

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by mrvitalis(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2016
dazdilijae:

You obviously don't get the drift
Ok let me come a little lower so u can pick a tine or two.
In 1999 Bayelsa state gubber election was shifted by 2weeks jus to ensure IBB, Abdulsalam n all the military top shots moved to bayelsa why? To ensure DSP was made governor because he was ex-military and would do their bidding.
Who do you call Niger delta leaders? Ameachi, Timipre Sylva etc or Diete-spiff, saro-wiwa, Edmond Daukoru etc? Our leader are not your politicians(stooges)
Hope I ve come 2 ur level
If Niger Deltans are serious they will vote for a popular candidate. ... even if u have all oil money this people will still squander it That's has been my point

It's not about the money but the leaders.. . Nigeria deltan have to change the people who govern them. .. it can be by forming a regional party or
Re: Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist by DaBullIT(m): 11:54am On Jun 26, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]

How come you are on every thread on NL?.. Don't you have job somewhere?

Your rants here don't make any difference...

You have been following me about like my Dog ? how else would you know i am on every thread ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President / Aba Residents Preparing To Vote Atiku- Obi Before Election Call Off- Photo / Is This Why Emeka Ihedioha Was Removed? Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.