Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun (33101 Views)

"I Regret Making Udom Governor" - Akpabio / Saraki-Ekweremadu Forgery: Senators Stand In Court As No Where To Sit / Children's Day: Saraki Interacts With Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by midolian(m): 9:10am On Jun 26, 2016

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun has opened up on the worst mistake he made in the recent past as the APC chairman, which if given a second chance he will undo.

He disclosed this “bad mistake” to Daily Trust in an interview, stating that his decision to call a meeting of the federal lawmakers elected on the platform of his party on the day the eight National Assembly was inaugurated was a terrible mistake, stressing that if he had not listened to the advice of those who persuaded him to do so, the Peoples Democratic Party wouldn’t have produced the deputy Senate President.

According to Oyegun, “There are lots of decisions, not just one, some of which are private. If you want to limit it to the recent past, I would say the decision to call the meeting that took place on the day the National Assembly was inaugurated. That was a bad mistake.

“I was persuaded and I agreed to call that meeting. Had it been it did not take place, we probably won’t have a PDP person there today as the deputy Senate president. The anger within the leadership of the party may not have turned out as strong as it became.”

It would be recalled that following the inability of the federal lawmakers to choose a consensus candidate to lead them at the inauguration of the National Assembly, the ruling party leadership had reportedly scheduled a meeting with the lawmakers for 9am same day of inauguration.

However, before APC Senators, who are in the majority, could return from the meeting which took place at the International Conference Centre in Abuja, their PDP colleagues helped to install Saraki as the Senate President, electing one of their own, Ike Ekweremadu as his Deputy.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/26/oyegun-regrets-convening-meeting-same-day-saraki-ekweremadu-were-elected/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by DEAFandDUMB(f): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2016
Politics is just a game of mind and if what they planned that day had worked, by now he won't be regretting the decision but PDP senators saw it coming and played a fast one on them..
Mr. Party Chairman, next time you want to make such decisions try and think it deep, most especially, the implications that might result if things goes the other way..
Am sure Ahmed Lawal and Tinubu that persuaded you to call such meeting ain't taking the blames now.
Suffering are lessons and am sure you've learnt something from this..

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by midolian(m): 9:13am On Jun 26, 2016
So this man called for that meeting

I am highly disappointed angry angry angry

Behold, one of the problems facing this great country! angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by freeze001(f): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2016
Long stories and contradictory tales. I thought d meeting was at d behest of d president who was supposed to be at the venue?

I'm not surprised though cos it showed Nigerians early on the kind of representatives they voted that would rather elevate mere party functions over their constitutional duties which includes d inauguration of the Senate. They were expecting the Senate to be on hold for them because they're d almighty APC

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by missKiffy(f): 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
APC just shot themselves on the foot that day

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Sunnymatey(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2016
Yea, that's why u needs some hand-outs on the rudiments of the game, politics. LEARNER.

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by DrRasheed: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2016
If there is life there is hope. Saraki must go !!

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by StOla: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2016
This man na real old school Otondo.

Are you a learner?

17 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by OLADD: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2016
freeze001:
Long stories and contradictory tales. I thought d meeting was at d behest of d president who was supposed to be at the venue?

I'm not surprised though cos it showed Nigerians early on the kind of representatives they voted thar would rather elevate mere party functions over their constitutional duties which includes d inauguration of the Senate. They were expecting the Senate to be on hold for them because they're d almighty APC

Don't mind that man. They often take Nigerians for fools by coming up with childish explanations when caught in the web of miscalculated gaffes. Having seen the potentiality of the party's candidate loosing woefully against Saraki, they surreptitiously conveyed that meeting to thwart the impending doom but ended up complicating matters. The meeting was called to prevent the Senate leadership election from taking place It was a gamble that boomeranged.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by midolian(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
DrRasheed:
If there is life there is hope. Saraki must go !!
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by id911(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2016
Shey APC leaders that time talk say na Buhari call that meeting and Saraki disrespected the president as he no gree attend the meeting?Chai these people too dey lie. Now the truth is coming out. Never seen this kind lie lie govt b4

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Dcomrade(m): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2016
undecided
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by senatorbayor(m): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Now it's becoming revealing who actually called for that meeting and not the president nor VP as wrongly circulated.

Now, in a bid to correct the selfish mistakes of few, the country is now brought to halt while the institutions are at logger head cos they felt corrections need to be made instead of accepting their blunders and moving forward.

On a good day, the chairman should have resigned for that costly mistakes having realised the effect of his singular act to the party and the polity cum the nation t large cos the bid to remove or change the leadership of the senate is slowing down the activities of both the senate and the executive .
This is sad!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by KenModi(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Oga Oyegun, it is too late to cry when the head if off.

E don happen, na how we go take manage the situation, mak Nigerians benefit, na im u supoose dey talk here, not playing politics.

Smh.... angry

If you know say u wan to read book for abroad, the next admission don start already. To book ur place for one oyibo university check my signature. If you get question, message me sharp sharp for whatsapp.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by tripzalee(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by TippyTop(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2016
We have to thank God for making sure Tinubu didn't produce the vice president, the senate and House speaker.
Buhari would have been dead now if Tinubu had succeeded in implementing his evil agenda.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by dukie25: 10:33am On Jun 26, 2016
This is why APC have done everything to remove Saraki. Their latest effort is to charge Saraki to court for forging senate rules.

Anyway:
#istandwithFayose
#I-SPIT-ON-BUHARI

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Qmerit(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2016
Ok chair let's move forward that is passed.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Ojolseth(f): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2016
midolian:
So this man called for that meeting

I am highly disappointed angry angry angry

Behold, one of the problems facing this great country! angry angry angry
grin
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by knightsTempler: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Political Neophytes! tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2016
grin grin uh na ne dey ever get sense

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by bright007(f): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2016
k
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by khrisluv(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2016
ndi araaaaaaaa zooooooo republic

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by AngryNigerian(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2016
kolo
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by qualityovenbake(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2016
Politicians are deceitful. APC party chairman called for the meeting and lied that it was President Buhari. So APC as a party should live with their erroneous decision and leave Saraki and Ekweremadu to finish their tenure without harassment.
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by legendte(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2016
We regret voting APC, The year you won is when boko dey assist PMB

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Raheemzee(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2016
I think una say oba no gree shake first lady??! We in b dis chai grin c as d man open mouth sef cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by bumtos(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2016
No be you Papa, na God do am.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Ferafemi: 10:39am On Jun 26, 2016
khrisluv:
ndi araaaaaaaa zooooooo republic
Wonderful
Re: I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2016

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Soon Produce Graduates Who Can't Speak English — Senator Okorocha / Ihejirika - Soldiers Leak Information To Boko-Haram Insurgents / Is Buhari’s Threat To Ballot Box Snatchers Constitutional? Find Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.