Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production (10635 Views)

SPFX Make-Up. Nollywood Transforms Eve Esin To An Old Woman For Movie Role / Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2006
Hello,

Please contact me if you have a super story or script and would like it to be made into a movie.

Send the following information to --:
1) Your name, address, and email address.
2) A complete summary of your story in English.
3) An e-copy of 1 to 3 sample pages of your script.
4) Number of words in your story and the format.

If I'm interested in your story, I'll contact you by email. This is for a series of serious commercial projects. Even if I get 12 great scripts (or stories), I will gladly produce them all.

Please note that:
1) I'd prefer stories that are: (1) Really engaging (2) 100% Nigerian (3) Not obscene (4) Broadly appealing.

2) Stories in local languages or Pidgin English will not be rejected if they are very good.

3) Everything is open to negotiation, but your income will depend on the success of the movie to be produced.

4) Your story must be complete, although if you merely have an idea we can still have a chat.

Thanks,
Seun Osewa.
--

1 Like

Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by naija4life(f): 11:56am On Nov 30, 2006
Thanks so much for that info, fortunately am a freelance script writer, will get back to you ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2006
Hello,

Thanks for your response. I'm really looking forward to reading your story.
Action and Romantic Comedy would be especially appreciated, though I'm not too picky.

Seun.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by KD69(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2006
Ain't you a writer? I thought you had some stuff up in here.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2006
I never managed to complete a story. I don't have the patience of a dedicated writer.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by lovebayus(m): 10:27am On Dec 01, 2006
seun, I have a script ready for production. you can mail me through baryour2000@yahoo.com. Bayo
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by texazzpete(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2006
@seun
why not ask for something that excludes fetish? im pretty sure 99% of the scripts you'll receive will have some dodgy babalawo scenes.
also, removing fetish stuff would at least cut out the need for some dodgy looking computer animations and effects. grin
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by osegwu(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2006
I think this is a great challenge and i am accepting it whole heartedly
Got to get me some serious write- up me .
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 7:02am On Dec 02, 2006
If you have an idea for a story that you want to develop, please email me so we'll be able to make sure the idea is a marketable one. You don't want to spend several weeks writing a script only to be told that the premise is bad.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by sandoka(m): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2006
Hi, i am a frelance writer and i have lots of stories in my head except that i do not have sufficient time to put them into writing. My stories are more like action and adventure stories. Well don't know if you'd like to produce movies in this category.

Sani
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2006
Original action and adventure stories are very rare in Nollywood, and therefore precious.
For that reason, I would like to encourage you to develop your ideas into a 60-140 minute script.
I can help you develop your idea into a marketable form if you contact me before you start writing.
It's not that easy to write a good movie script, however. You need to be really dedicated to writing!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 11:26am On Dec 03, 2006
Guys, guys,

I can come up with more interesting story ideas than what you've been sending me.
What I can't do is turn a story idea into a complete script.
Perhaps I should treat your submissions as writing samples and hire you to turn my ideas into scripts?
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by freddie1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2006
pls seun, check your mail and do get in touch, thanks.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by sandoka(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2006
It's an easy thing to conjure stories in the mind, the difficult thing to do is to turn the story into movie scripts. That's what i know how to do best. My problem is finding time to do this. The nature of my job doesn't give me much room to relax and write except for the few times when i am idle. If you have stories you can send them to me i will format it very well to industry standards for you and i bet you will like it.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by yicob(m): 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2006
@ sEUN,

PLEASE HOW DO YOU WANT TO GO ABOUT THE PRODUCTION OF THE MOVIE?
AS IN AUDITIONING, DIRECTING, SPONSORS AND SO ON.
SINCE AM PRETTY INTO MOVIE PRODUCTION, I WILL LIKE TO DO SOMETHINGS WITH YOU.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 1:45am On Dec 06, 2006
Thanks a million for your kind and generous support: freddie, sandoka, and yicob.
I won't hesitate to contact you at the right time when I know I won't be wasting your time.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by rayz101(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2006
hi seun, my name is raymond, i have a strue live story that happen in my village
and the story was poblish on sunnews,thisday,and other news papars,
plz b/4 i send this story to you it have to be under agrement.
but send me mail at ray-z4all@myway.com so that i can tell the summary and pages of the story.
i promise u will like the story cos is real.
cheers ray.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 3:12am On Dec 07, 2006
If the story was published in the newspapers, then you certainly do not own the story.
You can't sell what you don't own. I can easily read the same newspapers, can't I?
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by chx: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2006
I have a couple of friends that write good scripts. Will contact them asap
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by rayz101(m): 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2006
hi seun, u have not understand what am talking about.
the insident of what happen is poblish on news papers.
and i was involve . let me give some bit of it.
it was at umuorisha umuohiagu in owerri, imo state. (thas my village) the elders in my village call in a pastor for lebreation and some evil ones said why even the king of my village did not welcome that so police was involve, the police started open fire and my dad was shot dead.
so this is just a brif of the story ,u can see that i am the one to sell it out to u.
so mail me and lets talk something good out this.

cheers ray.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by rojen: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2006
Hi seun, i have about six very interesting movies on ground already. i pray i will have time to send the summary of each to you cos i am a banker. i had wanted to mobilize money money to produce them myself,but all the same contact me tro thi email address.rosejen79@yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by rojen: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2006
Hi seun, i have about six very interesting movies on ground already. i pray i will have time to send the summary of each to you cos i am a banker. i had wanted to mobilize money money to produce them myself,but all the same contact me tro thi email address.rosejen79@yahoo.com
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Raymand(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2006
@ Seun
Just curious, how do you plan to lessen the effects of piracy on your film?
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by hipzy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 08, 2006
My brethren, don't be to inquisive and interogative
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2006
@Raymand: Trust me, piracy is the least of my problems. First, I have to create a movie that is worth pirating!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Raymand(m): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2006
true. . .true. . .
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by rayz101(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2006
hi seun,
so is ur sugestino about this piracy problem?
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2006
Solution to the piracy problem: get corporate sponsors to cover the cost of development so that consumers will only need to pay for the cost of duplication. That way, your movies might even be cheaper than the pirated copies.
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2006
I've failed to find an action/suspense script or a romantic comedy, so I'm just going to write my own. Thanks!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by nwadinma(f): 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2006
Seun, mail me back if you like it ok.
once i finish typing the other one i will let you see it. (action, romance& family inhertace , )
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2006
The work of prose (action, crime) you sent me seems to be really brilliant and original, but adaptation won't be easy!
Re: Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production by yicob(m): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2006
seun,

am amazed that you cannot get a good suspense movie or are you just trying to view our stories first then know how you will work on yours?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Nollywood Video: 1st Hit Starring Terry G / Vikings, Anyone???? / Startimes Bouquet Adjustment And New Channels Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.