Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,446 members, 7,801,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Plight Of A Nigerian Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of A Nigerian Student. (472 Views)

JAMB's Snake: Nigerian Student Disgraced Abroad / RECESSION: Increment FUTO School Fees And The Plight Of The Students / The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Student. by Capableben(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
[b]The new government came in with a deep sense of duty,diligence and transformation; and induced a renewed enthusiasm and hope in citizens. The expectations were terribly high, especially in the northern part of the country.
Many thought and expected that these 'changes' would begin to manifest almost immediately and an end has come to our national plight and tribulations, finally.

Unfortunately, over 12 months have gone by now, with the government in office yet no 'appreciable' achievements have been noted vis-à-vis the promises made during their campaign. They were obviously "hype speeches" as the expectations of the masses have not been met at all.

However, it is also obvious and notable that we have an assiduous government in place that needs her citizens to exercise enough patience and time for the fruits of her efforts to manifest.

Generally, Nigerians have been through very difficult times lately; some of these difficult times are even unprecedented (e.g Tomato Ebola). The economy is "harsh" and everyone feels and acknowledges that fact, ranging from juveniles, adolescents, to the aged. Its unlike old times when such situations were felt by our parents alone.

Nigerian Undergraduates are one set of people that can verily relate to these national predicaments; this is because most of the things affected are essential components of an average Nigerian students life: Hike in market prices of goods, epileptic power supply, fuel scarcity, etc. The last time I went shopping in the market for my school provisions, I was flabbergasted by the prices of goods. At first I thought I was in Congo or Niger, I had to control myself so much not to outrightly display my emotions. The thing that even irked me most was that even Garri, I mean our dear Garri, Garri of all goods had a higher price. These people wicked abeg!

How about electricity? Just tell me, how would a student enjoy campus life without electricity? How would you do your online research for your assignments? How about pressing your clothes to do project defenses? Its so pathetic.

Before this time, I used to think its so weird to bring your phones to church to charge them. I never bought the idea, but as the electricty situation worsened, my brother no one told me to join the UNION OF CHURCH CHARGERS. Nowadays, My dressing for lectures is incomplete without my phone charger and an extension box in my schoolbag.
The situation has worsened by the day; I have even forgotten when last power was restored in my school.

Finally, I'd advise the FG to work harder to put things in place. If they can't make the situation better, they should at least, revert us to our previous status; we bought enough Garri then with little money and got electric power steady enough for us to plug our hotplates and cook beans.

My Name is CapableBen,
I'm a Nigerian Student!

SOURCE: www.ogabenji..com[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Word Of Mother To Her Child / An Open Letter To Jamb Aspirants Are Confused / Nairaland Has Changed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.