Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON (39774 Views)

Ben Murray-bruce & His Brothers Return Silverbird, Rhythm FM Back On Air / AMCON: Silverbird Galleria In Abuja Re-opened / AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by akinszz: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
They don limit him political career to bayelsa. What a common sense.
jhydebaba:
As a shareholder in union bank, I lost so much money due to his inability to repay common loan.

he is always seen dishing out common sense to FG on how to run a very big entity like NIGERIA while a small business under his care is collapsing.

#commonsenseindeed

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by akinszz: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Me no see common sense in this write up.
daprince098:
It's a good decision that AMCON reconsidered the reopening of Silverbird and other businesses possessed by them. It's not only about Ben Murray-Bruce but over 1000 staff are being affected by this possession. Let's get it cleared that each of these 1000 staff has atleast 3 dependants whom they feed. This make it a total of 3000 that benefit directly or indirectly in Silverbird galeria and other businesses in possession owned by Ben Murray-Bruce. Leave the master of common sense and let's face the reality.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
A lot of people reading this missed this part....

"But Mr. Murray-Bruce and his brothers would not be in charge of running the businesses, said Kunle Adegoke, an attorney working with Muiz Banire, the debt recovery manager overseeing the takeover.
Mr. Adegoke told PREMIUM TIMES on Friday evening that the reopening of the businesses should not come as a surprise to Nigerians. He said they were only repossessed by the authorities but not liquidated.''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by babajay69: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:
"Those who celebrated my downfall, did so too early" - Ben Bruce.

He still has no control over his busines

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by stagger: 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
I wonder why there is so much fuss. How is the loan to be paid back if the businesses are not operational? The only thing there is that not a dime of revenue will enter the coffers of Ben Bruce and his brothers. All monies will be paid to AMCON who will administer the businesses until all monies are recovered and when the last dime is paid back, AMCON will simply hand the businesses back to the Bruce brothers.

It's all so simple. So why the fuss?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Hmmmm

God be with him
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
I really felt for this piece!

The Bayelsa Senator, however, said he did no wrong in defaulting on his loans. “There is no shame in taking loan,” he said in a
Twitter session.”If I didn’t take loans, I wouldn’t be able to employ 1000 Nigerians.”
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by salabscholar01(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

@ bolded, Like seriously

I disagree, APC zombies and their puppeteers did celebrate.
please bro., how did you do that yellow quote... ''We'' teach me.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by daprince098(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
akinszz:
Me no see common sense in this write up.
den write ur own
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by SeverusSnape(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
salabscholar01:
please bro., how did you do that yellow quote... ''We'' teach me.
Like this
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by arresa: 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
defash8:
It is very easy for people who have not run company to talk thrash on this forum. How will business not collapse when country is sinking under Dullard, most of the business had been struggling but lot of CEO had been patching them but with the last economy slump, this finally kill lots of companies.

He owed the debt and refused to payback since 2011. Who was the President in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?

So, who is the dullard here.? Sounds like you of course.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by salabscholar01(m): 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Like this
yes bro.... Abeg.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by arresa: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
BrainnewsNg:
I really felt for this piece!

The Bayelsa Senator, however, said he did no wrong in defaulting on his loans. “There is no shame in taking loan,” he said in a
Twitter session.”If I didn’t take loans, I wouldn’t be able to employ 1000 Nigerians.”

Common sense Twitter finger should know this is not about taking loans, this is about taking loans and refusing to payyback.

The fact that you created jobs is not an excuse to ignore your contractual, social, civic and patriotic obligations.

In fact so what he created 1000 jobs? Our N11billion is enough to create thousands of more jobs, build many roads, schools, hospitals and so on.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by DanielGb(m): 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
Senator Ben, you did well. cool
Actually it is not easy to run a business in Nigeria with issues like electricity, Heavy Tax, Bills here and there. Yet you kept going wink
I preferred you borrow than to steal your constituency money. smiley
It is well. I hope you recover fast so that you can reclaim your company.
You are in my prayers

With the situation of things, won't he be tempted to steal?
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
stagger:
I wonder why there is so much fuss. How is the loan to be paid back if the businesses are not operational? The only thing there is that not a dime of revenue will enter the coffers of Ben Bruce and his brothers. All monies will be paid to AMCON who will administer the businesses until all monies are recovered and when the last dime is paid back, AMCON will simply hand the businesses back to the Bruce brothers.

It's all so simple. So why the fuss?

The second Nigerian on this thread to really understand what the whole topic of discuss is about, Nigerians are usually shallow minded and love negative and gossip news, too lay to think of the 'whys' and the 'hows' anyway nice one bro...
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
arresa:

Common sense Twitter finger should know this is not about taking loans, this is about taking loans and refusing to payyback.

The fact that you created jobs is not an excuse to ignore your contractual, social, civic and patriotic obligations.

In fact so what he created 1000 jobs? Our N11 billion is enough to create thousands of more jobs, build many roads, schools, hospitals and so on.

And also his inability to pay back those loans and letting them increase to that crazy amount would have affected Union bank share holders big time, people would have lost thousands worth and millions worth of shares in that bank just because of one man..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Artib(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
to the "common sense" Senator, the Senator that only share ideas on twitter but can't sponsor the bill in the house of assembly, don't you know It's common sensible to repay your loan?

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by DanielGb(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
Now they have resume back. What will happen to those workers after 30days, Will the Silverbird management be able to pay? Full, half or Zero Salary.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
My issue with this is: is the loan being serviced? If yes, then Ben should sue for infringement.
Lawyers in the house please educate us more
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by lollmaolol(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Courage
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Doyin2(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
N11b to employ just 1000?Whereas the same amount can empower 22,000 at the rate of N500,000 loan per person,with a greater multiplier effect on the economy.

The 22,000 people can on the long run employ sa 10 people each.On the long run,about 242,000 youths could have been engaged.

It is better to give loans to 22000 micro businesses,than just one business empire to gulp a whooping N11b!

cry
Is this common sense?
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Jumpovame: 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
As far as I understand he is not bankrupt & not a push over.The assets taken over can conveniently pay what he is owing.So what is all the insult about.Owing is part of business.If you sell some ststes now,the purchase price cant pay their bailout loans from federal government.I stand to be corrected but am saying it as it is.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
arresa:

In fact so what he created 1000 jobs? Our N11billion is enough to create thousands of more jobs, build many roads, schools, hospitals and so on.

i see
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by MosesNG(m): 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

@ bolded, Like seriously

I disagree, APC zombies and their puppeteers did celebrate.
Did you get an invite to the celebration party or you were one of the ushers.

And by the way, those businesses are now being ran under AMCON's management and not under BMB so I still don't understand what your point is...

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
jhydebaba:
As a shareholder in union bank, I lost so much money due to his inability to repay common loan.

he is always seen dishing out common sense to FG on how to run a very big entity like NIGERIA while a small business under his care is collapsing.

#commonsenseindeed

Business is a risk. Never forget. If it weren't a risk, everybody would be in it. Shares are also a risk. They are business. If they weren't risky, everyone would have shares.

It is sweet to bash Bruce because he opened himself up through Twitter abi?

There are many more politicians who owe more and are in deeper debt. They just aren't on Twitter or any social media account. BUT they are there.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
Doyin2:
N11b to employ just 1000?Whereas the same amount can empower 22,000 at the rate of N500,000 loan per person,with a greater multiplier effect on the economy.

The 22,000 people can on the long run employ sa 10 people each.On the long run,about 242,000 youths could have been engaged.

It is better to give loans to 22000 micro businesses,than just one business empire to gulp a whooping N11b!

cry
Is this common sense?

Are trying to you say he is spending more than he is creating?
Oya DO YOUR OWN. Set up any business you like and make sure you employ 1000 people and then pay them salaries monthly. Let us compare and contrast.

It is always easy to talk on social media.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by angayejay(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
If your default had killied Union Bank, thousands of the workers would have lost ther jobs and millions of depositors would have lost their hard-earned money- Now that's Yansh and stupid commonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Reference(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
This is normal. What happened earlier with the sealing of the premises and disruption of activities was silly and thoughtless. The take over could have happened at board level since they had a legit court order. No need for dramatics that has led to politicking. Companies are taken over for various reasons worldwide without the knowledge of the public. I have never met the Bruces' personally (my parents used to know their parents when they were running Domino stores in the 70's) but we have all used their products and enjoyed their services. This is the fact, not their faces. It doesn't matter who runs brand Bruce. It is AMCON that has lost to the disruption.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by Reference(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Doyin2:

cry
Is this common sense?

Can you so the same analysis for Dangote's refinery under construction, how much it will cost and how many will be employed, then get back to me pls. Your analysis is painfully simplistic.

PS let me help you: 14 billion dollars (4 trillion naira) and it won't engage more than 3 to 5,000 folks. So.....re-analyse....and tell Dangote to go social.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by DropShot: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Cc omenka, NgeneUkwenu, HungerBad, dropshot,
Beremx, Aresa, Caseless, lalasticlala, obinoscopy.
I don't celebrate people's failure. Just check yourself and your fellow IPODs.
seunmsg:

Nobody celebrated his downfall. We only advised him to use his common sense to manage his business better next time. N11billion is huge, he should pay up before bad mouthing state governors who are are owing just like him.
Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by arresa: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
kelvinnaira:
my dear, if i be u, i for don go start a blog and name am commonsense.com.... See as u dey waste ur hand and grammer for wetin nobody go clap for u put... Mtcheww..

#with all due respect, please shurup sir

This is a discussion forum where intelligent people and not your unintelligent kind discuss issues and idea so get lost if you have nothing sane and intelligent to talk about.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON by arresa: 9:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Business is a risk. Never forget. If it weren't a risk, everybody would be in it. Shares are also a risk. They are business. If they weren't risky, everyone would have shares.

[img]It is sweet to bash Bruce because he opened himself up through Twitter abi?[/img]

There are many more politicians who owe more and are in deeper debt. They just aren't on Twitter or any social media account. BUT they are there.

We are talking about this because he he took money from Nigerians and refused to pay back. This man and his kind are the reason why you don't have electricity which he has, no good schools while he sent his own children to the best schools in the USA, good quality of life that millions of Nigerians doesn't which he has and so on.

Why you people carry water bottle for the people responsible for your misery beats me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court / Orji Kalu Set To Resume At Senate Tomorrow After 5 Months In Prison / PHOTO: Student Turned Back At Govt House Gate After Trekking To Meet Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.