Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal (36350 Views)

Senate Forgery: Police Submit Fresh Report, Indict Saraki, Ekweremadu - Punch / Senate Forgery Case: Senate Prepares To Deal Ruthlessly With AGF / Senate Forgery: AGF Orders DPP To Try Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by PrinceMario(m): 8:35am On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Not at all. If those accused are found guilty they should quietly abdicate their positions and serve their jail term.
Am just having this notion that this forgery trial of a thing is just someone's script that both the police and the judiciary are trying to act in other to get back senate leadership to Lawan's camp.
My personal opinion though.
You're really intelligent. Beauty+Brain

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Osakah24(m): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2016
timeandchance76:
What I believed is that if standing rules for senate was forged, its also means the house of reps. Standing rules was also forged. Because both election held same day.
why are the principal officers of the house not been included in the case?

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Osakah24(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2016
southpole:

yes elections were held the same day but with different standing rules
Please forgive my ignorance, the standing rule for the house, does it allow for every honorable member to participate in the election compulsorily, if yes, then that too was doctored.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
The summary of all these brouhaha is that FG and APC wants to install Ahmed Lawan as the Senate president and nothing more...
This is just a simple ABC politics... Get the support of the national assembly leadership and you can sleep at night with your eyes closed as a president..
why the biased summary? You can see for the fact and evidences available that the Senate standing rule was altered by Saraki and his camp, knowing fully well what the rule says as regards election into principal offices. Aside dat, mere morality should tell you that Lawan was not given equal right of getting elected to dat position. Why on earth will a major candidate be conspicuously absent from an election he's meant to be part of out of mere deceit from a second party seeking for such position? Saraki wanted that position at all cost and got it tru d back door. If he goes free on this, then I must say democracy is not our solution but our problem.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by sweetgala(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2016
kettykin:
What of the forged certificate issues why is police not checking

Because it is truly not forged
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 27, 2016
skilfulsagei:
Let's wait for how things would turn out. One thing is settled- some people changed the standing rule without following the due process. Then, who are they? It's only God that can deliver Nigeria from these wicked, callous and selfish politicians.
I'm beginning to dislike democracy. You know why? True democracy works with morality, ethics and love for fatherland above primordial interest, but in Nigeria this ịs a No! We have chameleons, traitors and wolves everywhere who care for their own interest alone without considering ethics and common good. People deliberately subvert and undermine the system because our institutional mechanisms are porous. God help us!
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by DEAFandDUMB(f): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2016
franciskaine:
why the biased summary? You can see for the fact and evidences available that the Senate standing rule was altered by Saraki and his camp, knowing fully well what the rule says as regards election into principal offices. Aside dat, mere morality should tell you that Lawan was not given equal right of getting elected to dat position. Why on earth will a major candidate be conspicuously absent from an election he's meant to be part of out of mere deceit from a second party seeking for such position? Saraki wanted that position at all cost and got it tru d back door. If he goes free on this, then I must say democracy is not our solution but our problem.
I want to get something straight here before giving my personal submission on this matter. Why was Ahmed Lawan absent on the day of the said election? His absense,does it have anything to do with the altered senate's standing rule?

Note: am apolitical and what ever input I tender here should be kindly viewed and argue without sentiments..
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

I want to get something straight here before giving my personal submission on this matter. Why was Ahmed Lawan absent on the day of the said election? His absense,does it have anything to do with the altered senate's standing rule?

Note: am apolitical and what ever input I tender here should be kindly viewed and argue without sentiments..
if dat date was actually slated for the election, what of the timing? Give me evidence to prove this, cos I dont think Lawan will deliberately absent himself from such election.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Akissani: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2016
sammhi:
PmB and APc should bury head in shame and those supporting them must be dumbest creatures on earth
instead of debates on health, industry, economy , education et. it is one P
distraction or ten other..if it is not Fayose, it Saraki, if not it is Dasuki....it is IPob etc
needless controversies ...
all in a bid to hide their ineptitude and cluelessness ...
for one full year.., no serious issues to be debated on but politics....things that divide the country rather than unite ...
it is such a shame
all PMB want is an Fulani man as senate president...it is a shame
why dey hatred?.....must u bring sentiments to nairaland always?.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by DEAFandDUMB(f): 10:58am On Jun 27, 2016
franciskaine:
if dat date was [b]actually slated [/b]for the election, what of the timing? Give me evidence to prove this, cos I dont think Lawan will deliberately absent himself from such election.

I will pretend I didn't see the bolded but meanwhile read this
https://www.nairaland.com/3189189/regret-convening-meeting-same-day

When you are done buzz me so we can continue cos its obvious you not up to speed with recent happenings..
Am waiting..
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by jagojunior(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2016
josfamdl:
Apc wanted to install someone who ll be loyal to them by all means,

Has the 8th Senate been disloyal to APC since inception?
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

I will pretend I didn't see the bolded but meanwhile read this
https://www.nairaland.com/3189189/regret-convening-meeting-same-day

When you are done buzz me so we can continue cos its obvious you not up to speed with recent happenings..
Am waiting..
so without prejudicial opinion, u think Saraki was right in his actions? Why was he not in the meeting of the said APC members organised by Oyegun? He's nothing but a traitor.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by DEAFandDUMB(f): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
franciskaine:
so without prejudicial opinion, u think Saraki was right in his actions? Why was he not in the meeting of the said APC members organised by Oyegun? He's nothing but a traitor.

Lol..

Let me break it down in bits for easy understanding..

If school senate publishes a date for the semester exam and on that very day of exam, SUG president summons students to the airport to welcome the school's V.C when the date of the exam hasn't been changed.. Just be sincere with your conscience, who will you say that is at fault here, those who stayed back to write their exams or those who left their exams for the SUG presidents call..

Am waiting for your answer dear.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Lol..

If school senate publishes a date for the semester exam and on that very day of exam, SUG president summons students to the airport to welcome the school's V.C when the date of the exam hasn't been changed.. Just be sincere with your conscience, who will you say that is at fault here, those who stayed back to write their exams or those who left their exams for the SUG presidents call..

SUG president is a nobody wen compared to a meeting to meet a president of a country, of which party members were expected. Saraki played politics like a criminal seeking the slightest opportunity to capitalise even at the detriment of his party. Mind you, my argument is not cruxed on whether the date was fixed or not, but on the fact the standing rules of the Senate was altered by Saraki himself to give undue advantage to himself.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Lol..

I must commend u thus far, hardly do u see ladies interested in political discuss just d way u do. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by DEAFandDUMB(f): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2016
franciskaine:
I must commend u thus far, hardly do u see ladies interested in political discuss just d way u do. Kudos!
Thank you Sir.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by prof12(m): 4:41am On Jun 28, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:
The summary of all these brouhaha is that FG and APC wants to install Ahmed Lawan as the Senate president and nothing more...
This is just a simple ABC politics... Get the support of the national assembly leadership and you can sleep at night with your eyes closed as a president..

Forget about Saraki, was the document forged or not?
Had it you were the who forged just an document in school or your place, you could have since been cooling in jail.
So,forget about those trash you are spitting and let's stand by the truth for a better Nigeria.
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

since you are apolitical ị.e, u are not interested in politics, it will be wise we save ourselves d stress discussing something u dont av interest in. Thanks!
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by DEAFandDUMB(f): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
franciskaine:
since you are apolitical ị.e, u are not interested in politics, it will be wise we save ourselves d stress discussing something u dont av interest in. Thanks!
A patriot or technocrats do not need to identify with any political party or become politically active to be able to engage in political discourse.. I beleive you understand the angle am coming from now.. I belong to no political party but as a patriotic citizen, it's my civic duty to offer my submission on any national issue regardless of which party that is involve..
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

A patriot or technocrats do not need to identify with any political party or become politically active to be able to engage in political discourse.. I beleive you understand the angle am coming from now.. I belong to no political party but as a patriotic citizen, it's my civic duty to offer my submission on any national issue regardless of which party that is involve..
then the nomenclature apolitical shouldn't be used. Why was Saraki not in the meeting of the APC as a member if not for his pecuniary motive and gain? My argument remains on not whether they attended the meeting or not but on the fact (is the Senate standing rule forged?) By who? And with what motive?
Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by masseratti: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

why am I loving your passion for what is just everyday, wish most girls can be like you instead of talking about six pacs, kim K and other stuff that Won't impact on their lives.

1 Like

Re: Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal by timeandchance76(m): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
cool
Chiboboski:
You sound like my 10yrs old son. In any case let me answer your question: both houses have different rules books
. Just dey observe for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Commissions Green Farm Project During His Presidential Rally In Uyo(Pics) / Bandits Invade Kaduna Barracks, Steal Cows Owned By Army Officers / How Atiku Will Zone Offices If Elected President – Gbenga Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.