Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! (51961 Views)

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / 9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Preventing The ATM From ‘swallowing’ Your Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2016

Armed robbery has taken a new dimension in Nigeria especially Lagos given the abundant ATMs in Lagos, Armed robbers now visit ATMs on Friday evenings so as to forcefully collect the ATM cards and PIN codes of customers.

❖ A lady at gunpoint had 3 of her ATM cards snatched, her PIN collected with a total of #680,000 withdrawn between❖ Friday and Sunday night from her three accounts via ATM.

Their Tactics

They approach you with a smile while you are attempting to make a transaction, display their guns and also point to their colleagues around in case you attempt to play smart by refusing or screaming.

They then collect your ATM cards and ask for your PIN codes. They confirm the PIN there to know if it’s fake.
Their Intention
Their intention is to withdraw at least the Bank ATM withdrawal limit of #100,000 daily between that Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They do this criminal act on Friday evenings when they know Banks had closed for the day and are on weekend break.

They know majority of Nigerians don’t have the phone numbers of their Account Officers or any staff in their bank and as such can’t place a call to have their ATM card blocked by the bank until 7am Monday morning when banks resume.
Precautions

❖ Withdrawal via ATMs should be done at most Friday afternoon when banks are still open.
❖ Avoid withdrawing on weekends especially on lonely and relatively less secure environments.

Please be careful and be wise.

Source:. http://femdevcon..com/2016/06/are-you-in-lagos-don-visit-atm-on-friday.html?m=1

130 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Spactacle(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Quite informative;;;
this should be on the fp;;;

6 Likes

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by khalhokage(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
If this is true then Union Bank customers can block their cards by using the number they used to open their accounts to text this code: BLOCKCARD>space>your account number to 20123 (BLOCKCARD 1234567890 to 20123)

You can also call Union Bank customer service on 07007007000 for help.

I'm sure other banks would have similar service you just need to find out.

263 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by bukiboy(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
olasircoded:

Their Tactics

They approach you with a smile while you are attempting to make a transaction, display their guns and also point to their colleagues around in case you attempt to play smart by refusing or screaming.

Their Intention
Their intention is to withdraw at least the Bank ATM withdrawal limit of #100,000 daily between that Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

They do this criminal act on Friday evenings when they know Banks had closed for the day and are on weekend break.

They know majority of Nigerians don’t have the phone numbers of their Account Officers or any staff in their bank and as such can’t place a call to have their ATM card blocked by the bank until 7am Monday morning when banks resume.

All banks have 24hrs customer service, if you find yourself in that situation all you need to do is call your bank to block your card.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Aremu01(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
bukiboy:

All banks have 24hrs customer service, if you find yourself in that situation all you need to do is call your bank to block your card.

You might even send them a mail

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by kiddoiLL(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Op tanchu!! Dem dey do am well well for my side here,i go wan go withdraw, sum guys loitering around d bank go dey look me like say i bleep them babes.made me stop night withdrawals...useful post

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Kaybaba5(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
Op this things happens everywhere not Lagos alone.
We need to be careful
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Benart(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
move to front page meanwhile make i relax they flex

4 Likes

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by seyemon(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
On the contrary, your card can be blocked on a friday evening or anytime during the weekend or the week days, all you need do is call your bank's customer care line, this is usally written at the back of the bank products, like atm cards etc...or simply logon to the internet and search for your banks customer care line, report your card stolen, they will ask a few questions to ascertain if you re the owner of the account, once this is verified, your card will be blocked instantly and no transaction can be carried out on your account using your stolen card....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by MrKamar(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
OK angry
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by seyilabi(m): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
If anybody found him/herself in such situation (God forbid), the best thing is to do is to give out ur pin number as requested to avoid been attacked or killed but in reverse e.g. if ur ATM pin code is 1234 just tell them 4321, the ATM machines will still recognise the code as reversed at immediately activate an internal security system which notify the police, and also block ur account immediately after daily withdrawal limit has been reached.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by SeyiAyorinde(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
just call the customer care and the account will be blocked #shikena
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by iamkingzlee(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
In as much as I doubt it's authenticity. Nevertheless, preventive measures should be put in place.

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
front page Please
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Mskrisx(f): 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lala where u naaa angry angry angry
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Adeoba10(m): 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
seyilabi:
If anybody found him/herself in such situation (God forbid), the best thing is to do is to give out ur pin number as requested to avoid been attacked or killed but in reverse e.g. if ur ATM pin code is 1234 just tell them 4321, the ATM machines will still recognise the code as reversed at immediately activate an internal security system which notify the police, and also block ur account immediately after daily withdrawal limit has been reached.
D pin will be tested on dat spot.... Dey will withdraw some cash before leaving dia victim.

5 Likes

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by RichYoungNigger(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Story for kids.
If i can go to the ATM at Night in Chicago, i can go to any ATM in the world at anytime

Lagos is the coolest and non violent

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by candidbabe(f): 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
Eko oni baaje oooo
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Flashh: 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mskrisx:
Lala where u naaa angry angry angry
Let's assume you want him to move this to front-page, this isn't how to call his attention.

BTW... Thanks (op) for this information.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by mu2sa2: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
A good precaution is to avoid the atm early morning (before 6.30) or late evening because the hoodlums are known to operate then. If you fall a victim, however, by having your card snatched just contact your bank's customer care as soon as possible. For Uba If you contact them via Facebook they respond almost immediately 24/7.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Ddonoflife(m): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
lyk seriously

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Gracito(f): 9:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
If only thieves would devise means of surviving the right way...be Careful though

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by pythonkid(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
I smell front page
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by gidimasters(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Adeoba10:

D pin will be tested on dat spot.... Dey will withdraw so cash before leaving dia victim.
lol, no. dem go buy card jor
Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by dedons: 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bullharry has turned our yellow bar youths to ATM thieves.

I pity those people and this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by moderatorr: 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
What? This is scary.
Talking about money, here is how to pitch, best video ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jjdvLP3dQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by mikymouse1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
For Diamond Bank Customers, you can easily disable your ATM card via the Diamond Mobile App! If you find yourself in such a situation or whenever the need arises.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by Topestbilly(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
undecided

Lemme goan look for dat my account officer number sef...

If u ar using d Internet banking platform, login,click on ur account and scroll down u'll see ur account officer name and mobile number there....

Guess what?

Even if u no get chichi, u get account officer wink

1 Like

Re: Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! by olanshile2016(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
quite informative

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.