Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) (24185 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
A thread was earlier created for this show, but apparently, someone didn't think it worth FP. Why?

Anyway, I'm creating a new thread for the show. Hopefully, it makes FP just like the Project Fame threads...or gains some followership.

I'll be posting pictures as well as videos when I can of performances of the contestants. So, here goes.

The Voice Nigeria is a subsidiary of the global phenomenon: The Voice, which exists in up to 50 countries some of which include USA, UK, Albania, Portugal, Holland, Germany, Mexico, Brazil etc. The Voice Nigeria is the third version of the show in Africa after The Voice South Africa and The Voice Angola which finished some months ago.

The show started sometime in April with auditions which saw four judges: Timi, Patoranking, Waje and 2face pick 12 contestants each.

Stage 1(Blind auditions): This means Judges will have their chairs turned away from the stage, so they can only hear the contestants' voices and if they like what they here, they push a button and the chair turns so they can see the contestant.

If more than one judge turns for the contestant, he/she will then be required to choose which team he wants to join.

Chike's audition (Team Patoranking)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxua4ZzGY4

Cornel's Audition (Team Timi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M94XeVvFzes

2nd Stage (Battle Rounds): This is the stage before the live shows. Here, the power is back in the hands of the judges. They pit two members of their team against each other and have them battle each other for a spot.

The judges will then save which contestant they feel did better while the losing contestant leaves the competition

Daivy Jones vs Joe Blue Battle (Team Timi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0D3k1pI9Ac

Emem vs. Shammah Battle (Team Waje)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhYCrX4YyQ

The Steal: In the 2nd stage of the competition, there is a steal. This means, another judge gets to steal a losing contestant and this contestant joins the team of the judge that stole him/her. Each judge is entitled to 2 steals each.

Where two judges steal a contestant, the contestant will choose which judge he prefers.

Armstrong vs Viveeyan Battle (Team Timi)...Viveeyan was stolen by 2face after losing to Armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aCNvGSbDN0

Dawn vs. Uche Michael battle (Team Waje)...Uche was stolen by Patoranking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMZ4aR9E6gA

Third Stage (Live Shows): Finally, this is where the viewers get their power. The contestants will perform songs during the live shows and the viewers will be required to cast their votes for their favourite contestants between Sunday and Wednesdays
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
The only music show I think can match Project Fame

#Following

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
Live shows on!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
Grace Mac apparently just killed Jack and Rose a second time with a poor rendition of the Titanic OST: My heart will go on

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
The first two guys are just too awesome mehhhhhhhhhn. Wow!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Link to live show pls @safareegurl
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
Safareegurl, you didn't like Grace Mac's performance?
Well I preferred it to Vicky's Umbrella performance.
Timi killed me with his decision buh it surely was tough
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
I don't know k any links to the live show
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
So many highlights today!
The performances today were very nice!
My lows would be khemmie and Sylvia.
Well I didn't feel their performance
Highs would be
1. Linda- She really improved.
Was afraid when I heard the song, however she came through.
2. Brenda! Only the name sef I've said a lot already
3. Viveeyan- She was only bettered by Brenda on 2baba's team
4. The crazy Patoranking song. I know sey na him form am.

Well was entertained today!

Okay so who would you pick from each team?

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:

Ion think there's a link to the live show.
Prolly safareegurl would post the links for the highlights
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
tizblink:

Ion think there's a link to the live show.
Prolly safareegurl would post the links for the highlights
Thanks. I think I'm in love with the show already.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Thanks. I think I'm in love with the show already.

Sure
Prolly one of the best around
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
Grace Mac apparently just killed Jack and Rose a second time with a poor rendition of the Titanic OST: My heart will go on
asin eh!!!! thank God I'm not the only one who noticed.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
tizblink:
Safareegurl, you didn't like Grace Mac's performance?

Well I preferred it to Vicky's Umbrella performance.

Timi killed me with his decision buh it surely was tough

Vicky's performance was made bad by her decision to make it a slow song.
Timi sef...so after Joe made the "congregation" dance he wasn't picked...smh

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
swann:

Hehe!
Joe blue for Nigerian Idol.
Iono but I'm not feeling him this time.
Sure he's an entertainer.

Buh who you gonna be saving?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 27, 2016
tizblink:

Hehe! Joe blue for Nigerian Idol. Iono but I'm not feeling him this time. Sure he's an entertainer.
Buh who you gonna be saving?
Joe blue oooh and maybe Linda...
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2016
swann:

are you minding that Timi sumbori?

I'm torn cuz my two fav girls; Emem and Viveeyan are in danger and they're both soooo good.

I'll split votes between Linda and Prime on team Pato....thank God Chike is safe and i won't have to worry for Nonso till next week

Joe Blue and Dewe, i'm torn. I kinda prefer Dewe though

I might vote Promise on Team Waje

Cc tzblinks
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 7:08am On Jun 27, 2016
Lemme help you with your decision
Promise
Dewe
Linda
Viveeyan

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
Mehn, next week will not be funny for Team Patoranking....battle of the boys: Nonso vs. Benjamin vs DNA vs Uche Michael

Calling out now, if Nonso isn't safe, i'm voting him. If he is, i'm voting Benjamin. Pato should just do me a favour and save one of them
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by tizblink: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2016
safareegurl:
Mehn, next week will not be funny for Team Patoranking....battle of the boys: Nonso vs. Benjamin vs DNA vs Uche Michael

Calling out now, if Nonso isn't safe, i'm voting him. If he is, i'm voting Benjamin. Pato should just do me a favour and save one of them

LOL this is quite funny.
You've not heard 'em sing but you've made a choice already
Really?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2016
tizblink:

LOL this is quite funny.
You've not heard 'em sing but you've made a choice already
Really?
heard them during the battles.

DNA is totally out of it for me, easily the weakest contestants in the entire thing....and who needs a group in this competition?

Nonso and Banjamin have better voices than Uche, no questions. If they end up sounding off it will be cuz of a poor song choice from Pato

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
My take on the show so far,it's the Best talent hunt show in Nigeria....
Those girls jumping @d backstage for Chike,who were they
Grace Mac is really talented but the songs wey she dey sing big pass am.
Dawn ...Dat girl almost gave me High blood pressure when she was singing 4,5 seconds
Chike's just too good,his roses rendition has the highest views on YouTube
Prime's Royal's rendition was out of this world,if only back stage singer's were present,I would have fainted,but the way he pronounced royals tho

Uche must go!!!
Cornel should also leave don't like him one bit.singing like a chorister
Joe blue should start packing his things,DNA should join him,Vivian should also carry her wahala and go..

Sylvia is just too talented,that jailer song was superb!! almost sang better than asà

Partoranking=Craziest judge ever!!!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
akpobi:
My take on the show so far,it's the Best talent hunt show in Nigeria....
Those girls jumping @d backstage for Chike,who were they
Grace Mac is really talented but the songs wey she dey sing big pass am.
Dawn ...Dat girl almost gave me High blood pressure when she was singing 4,5 seconds
Chike's just too good,his roses rendition has the highest views on YouTube
Prime's Royal's rendition was out of this world,if only back stage singer's were present,I would have fainted,but the way he pronounced royals tho

Uche must go!!!
Cornel should also leave don't like him one bit.singing like a chorister
Joe blue should start packing his things,DNA should join him,Vivian should also carry her wahala and go..

Sylvia is just too talented,that jailer song was superb!! almost sang better than asà

Partoranking=Craziest judge ever!!!

hollup nigga hollup... Cornel, and Joe blue are going no where. Beside now that chike is starting to act up we Need em. And Sylvia's live performance was one of the weakest. You need to let go of audition power(which they all had time to prepare on) and focus on the main competition which reveal the real weaknesses of their voice and strengths too.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 28, 2016
swann:

hollup nigga hollup... Cornel, and Joe blue are going no where. Beside now that chike is starting to act up we Need em. And Sylvia's live performance was one of the weakest. You need to let go of audition power(which they all had time to prepare on) and focus on the main competition which reveal the real weaknesses of their voice and strengths too.

has d live performance begun
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 6:59am On Jun 28, 2016
swann:

I'm still not sold on Cornel...he pissed me off during the battle rounds with his overdramatics.

He's a 35-year old music teacher, when he hit the high note while singing Wish me well, why the hell did he jump? undecided That was easily the most annoying part of bthe entire show. He needs to cut Hus confidence level andbact normal

I withhold my judgment till his next performance.

Chike just disappointed during the live shows. He needs to strap his boots and join the race xuz he apparently hasn't left the audition stage. What was with the wheezy performance? undecided

Didn't see Sylvia's performance. Heard it was shittt, I'll take people's word for it.

Patoranking is a bad coach, he needs tonstqrt giving these kids sensible songs that can be performed, not things like Fine China and Single Ladies. Even that Not The Girl he gave Chike was questionable

Team 2face was easily the best team on Sunday, will be sad to see Emem or Viveeyan go. Such promising talents.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Romanticboy1(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Joe blue and dewe re the best of the guys.. cornel.. I like his tone but his singing is a no from me.. for the ladies.. -sylvia-i like her voice.. sounds powerful... I wish they could give her songs to showcase her strength like shayla fearing from the voice usa... Brenda-i love the dark,deep texture of her voice... and Emem-very soulful singer.. but her last performance.. her voice cracked most times.. tho it was still good...
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
Which station airs the programme please?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safareegurl: 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
juliuslongman:
Which station airs the programme please?
Africa Magic Showcase & Urban (151 & 153) on DSTv. Every Sunday by 7pm

Highlights on Africa Magic World on Saturdays by 7PM or 8...not sure
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by TheSCRYPT: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
safareegurl:
Africa Magic Showcase & Urban (151 & 153) on DSTv. Every Sunday by 7pm

Highlights on Africa Magic World on Saturdays by 7PM or 8...not sure

What happened to safarigirl?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

What happened to safarigirl?
was banned for a couple of days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2018: Miyonse And Kemen Advise Contestants / Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content / Bbnaija: Whitemoney Accuses Angel Of Chasing Clout, Acting For Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.