Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) (24149 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by opeaceo: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
swann:

My views concerning Chike:
It is true that Chike has a soft voice but what about other contestants that have been given versatile genre of songs...some did great...but others mehh...if Chike was to win the voice, his songs wouldn't move market because what Nigerians needs are songs to dance too and that is how major nigerian musicians who don't have a great voice are famous... His soft voice has made I and my friends to divert teams because it's just too much....you don't have to expect anything because you already know how he will sound before he opens his mouth and that's so boring for people who likes surprises....

Naa, there's is an available market (though small) for his type of songs. He can get inspiration from the likes of falana, Bez and Cobhams.

For the choice of songs, I think they pick the songs themselves.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by opeaceo: 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
safarigirl:

Nonso has that Maxwell vibe to him, we're not likely to turn him to Flavour cuz that sexual healing is what makes him unique

Nonso is Maxwell

Chike is Trey Songz

Cornel is Kirk Franklin

Michael is John Legend

Dewe is John Mayer

Kirk F ke?? Ive never considered him a "good" artiste. Cornel sounds more like an R Kelly disciple.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
opeaceo:

Kirk F ke?? Ive never considered him a "good" artiste. Cornel sounds more like an R Kelly disciple.

Cornel takes things too seriously like Kirk, always vibrating and jumping around especially when he hits notes he didn't think he could undecided

The same gragra Kirk does, R Kelly hits notes effortlessly, he doesn't exaggerate them in the same manner Cornel does

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by opeaceo: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
safarigirl:
Cornel takes things too seriously like Kirk, always vibrating and jumping around especially when he hits notes he didn't think he could undecided

The same gragra Kirk does, R Kelly hits notes effortlessly, he doesn't exaggerate them in the same manner Cornel does

Yeah, the gra gra aspect, he imitates Kirk, but for his voice and range, he is a Kelly disciple at least, the auditions tells me so, but he has fallen though.

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by ashewoboy(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2016
safarigirl:

can you sing?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2016
ashewoboy:

can you sing?
why do you want to know?

So you'll say "why didn't you go for the competition? And you're here criticising others".. ..

Surprise me tongue
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by ashewoboy(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2016
safarigirl:
why do you want to know?

So you'll say "why didn't you go for the competition? And you're here criticising others".. ..

Surprise me tongue

i'm gladcheesy. You already know what i wanted to ask. Oya answer the question.

If you sing, i'd like to hear you sing. Upload a vn here or if you have single or any song on the internet, give me the link.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2016
ashewoboy:

i'm gladcheesy. You already know what i wanted to ask. Oya answer the question.

If you sing, i'd like to hear you sing. Upload a vn here or if you have single or any song on the internet, give me the link.
apart from the fact that the show is in SA and you'll need a passport to be on it?

If you want my VN, I posted a couple on Giyazz' "So you think you can sing" thread. Feel free to look for it. I've been writing songs for over ten years now in various genres, so I know what i'm saying as far as music goes.

One thing you Nigerians don't know is most music critics don't sing. Just like most food critics don't cook and most movie critics aren't involved in movie production. All you need know is how it's supposed to be done and i've been into music long enough to know the difference between a great artiste and a great performer.

People tire of Cornel's antics, he's far too old to be jumping and prancing about the stage. His YouTube views are declining and fans are complaining. He's more of a choir master than an actual artiste. He needs to shed that personality
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by ashewoboy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
safarigirl:
apart from the fact that the show is in SA and you'll need a passport to be on it?

If you want my VN, I posted a couple on Giyazz' "So you think you can sing" thread. Feel free to look for it. I've been writing songs for over ten years now in various genres, so I know what i'm saying as far as music goes.

One thing you Nigerians don't know is most music critics don't sing. Just like most food critics don't cook and most movie critics aren't involved in movie production. All you need know is how it's supposed to be done and i've been into music long enough to know the difference between a great artiste and a great performer.

People tire of Cornel's antics, he's far too old to be jumping and prancing about the stage. His YouTube views are declining and fans are complaining. He's more of a choir master than an actual artiste. He needs to shed that personality

which kind assignment you give me so? Let's hear your recent voice. It's either your voice is croaky now or sexier.

Record something and upload. You have been writing songs for ten years and you don't have a single track?cheesy.

So your song ends inside bathroom?

If you didn't tell me now, i wouldn't know.

Perhaps, you could perfom a solo version of one of the songs you have written.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
ashewoboy:

which kind assignment you give me so? Let's hear your recent voice. It's either your voice is croaky now or sexier.

Record something and upload. You have been writing songs for ten years and you don't have a single track?cheesy.

So your song ends inside bathroom?

If you didn't tell me now, i wouldn't know.

Perhaps, you could perfom a solo version of one of the songs you have written.
nobody needs a song writer in Nigeria, it's the same daft trash and I don't write daft trash. I have plans someone like you won't understand for those songs. I'm young and unable to execute such plans for now, but I don't write songs hoping one semi-literate fellow buys it and makes nonsense of intellectual property.

I have a cough now, but even if I didn't, I won't record anything just because you asked. Are you paying me?

You don't know me, so how are you supposed to know if I write? You think everybody who writes songs has a track? Your scope of music must be limited

Anyway, this is about the contestants on the voice Nigeria, not me. Maybe when I apply for such, we can talk about me, but kindly refrain from your petty attempts to derail this thread for now
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by ashewoboy(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
safarigirl:
nobody needs a song writer in Nigeria, it's the same daft trash and I don't write daft trash. I have plans someone like you won't understand for those songs. I'm young and unable to execute such plans for now, but I don't write songs hoping one semi-literate fellow buys it and makes nonsense of intellectual property.

I have a cough now, but even if I didn't, I won't record anything just because you asked. Are you paying me?

You don't know me, so how are you supposed to know if I write? You think everybody who writes songs has a track? Your scope of music must be limited

Anyway, this is about the contestants on the voice Nigeria, not me. Maybe when I apply for such, we can talk about me, but kindly refrain from your petty attempts to derail this thread for now

with all these your long stories, it's obvious that you write. Most writers sings. Justin timberlake and others. Do you think it's about writing literature or a novella like the numerous ones you have written? You need tune, you need to liase with the beat. You must know how to sing before you can be a song writer.

Later you will say ladies don't like money. Must i pay you before you sing a song for me? I wanna hear you sing, dats what matters. You don't know if i have someone that could sell you out. Sing for me, don't give me that crappy excusecheesy.

The thread has already been derailed. We are still on track. We are talking about music not romance. I'm not derailing the thread.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
ashewoboy:

with all these your long stories, it's obvious that you write. Most writers sings. Justin timberlake and others. Do you think it's about writing literature or a novella like the numerous ones you have written? You need tune, you need to liase with the beat. You must know how to sing before you can be a song writer.

Later you will say ladies don't like money. Must i pay you before you sing a song for me? I wanna hear you sing, dats what matters. You don't know if i have someone that could sell you out. Sing for me, don't give me that crappy excusecheesy.

The thread has already been derailed. We are still on track. We are talking about music not romance. I'm not derailing the thread.
I sing, I dance, I write. I don't want to sing snd dance for a living so I don't need yoh marketing me to anyone. I have respiratory problems and i'm shy so the life of a performing artiste is not something I aspire for.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't make an awesome manager. So, yes, while I know music and have been involved in it since I could learn how to talk, I am not looking to make a career out of it like the contestants on this show. So, please, can we go back to the contestants?

Once again, I have a bad cough that is causing me some breathing problems, so oga, singing for you is not something I will be doing anytime soon. Even if I was fine, I don't have a good reason to record myself singing and upload for your listening pleasure, that would make me quite silly
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by BelovedN(f): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nice thread..... The only reason I'm still watching this show is because of Nonso, Chike, Arese and a few others, although, Chike is actually pissing me off. I haven't really enjoyed any of his performances since his blind audition.
I was really angry when Joe blue left and I became anti-team Timi for a while.
I thought I was the only one who doesn't really feel Cornel.... I don't know what the hype about him is... He can sing but I don't get any wow effect from him...
Give me Nonso any day..
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by ashewoboy(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
safarigirl:
I sing, I dance, I write. I don't want to sing snd dance for a living so I don't need yoh marketing me to anyone. I have respiratory problems and i'm shy so the life of a performing artiste is not something I aspire for.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't make an awesome manager. So, yes, while I know music and have been involved in it since I could learn how to talk, I am not looking to make a career out of it like the contestants on this show. So, please, can we go back to the contestants?

Once again, I have a bad cough that is causing me some breathing problems, so oga, singing for you is not something I will be doing anytime soon. Even if I was fine, I don't have a good reason to record myself singing and upload for your listening pleasure, that would make me quite silly

i didn't say i wanted to market you, i said mayb i know someone that would sell you out. Since you sing, i want you to sing for me. Is dat too much to ask for? You are a well known feminist on nairaland. A member asking you to sing is not too much. Making you silly? Na wa oh. Do you have a boyfriend? What if your boyfriend asks you to sing, won't you sing? You know what? See me as your boyfriend if that would make you sing.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
safarigirl:

Lmao...I swear I read "He needs to shed some weight" till I saw the one that the other oga quoted...

Not trying to join anyone's argument but

.@ashewo boy.... if you watch trace channel at the bottom of the the song title you will see names of some of the cowriters or better still watch dmx tv and see the composers most of them are unknown proving that you don't need to be an a-list musician celeb before you can write good music to pitch others... and also anyone with connection can ask a producer to create beats for their songs...don't believe me go ask Beyonce and how she came up with drunk in love(BTW...the beat was already pre-made all she had to do was write lyrics)...

not also agreeing with @safarigirl....cause..haha... Aunty 10 years is a long time to be writing songs and not be recognized in tv....at least tell us one tv show you have been interviewed at even if it is a lame one or one a-list celeb you have written song for...

I just dey talk my own... I Don waka leave stage for una
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by luvmijeje(f): 4:24am On Jul 23, 2016
swann:

Lmao...I swear I read "He needs to shed some weight" till I saw the one that the other oga quoted...

.@ashewo boy.... if you watch trace channel at the bottom of the the song title you will see names of some of the cowriters or better still watch dmx tv and see the composers most of them are unknown proving that you don't need to be an a-list musician celeb before you can write good music to pitch others... and also anyone with connection can ask a producer to create beats for their songs...don't believe me go ask Beyonce and how she came up with drunk in love(BTW...the beat was already pre-made all she had to do was write lyrics)...

not also agreeing with @safarigirl....cause..haha... Aunty 10 years is a long time to be writing songs and not be recognized in tv....at least tell us one tv show you have been interviewed at even if it is a lame one or one a-list celeb you have written song for...

Na project fame thread I deh find weh my leg carry waka pass here.

@swann we have alot of great artist who never made it big....... We all know Nigerians listen more to beatz than to lyrics.

@ashewoboy na wetin na.......... Why are you taking the whole ish personal na. If they don't want to be criticise then they should join singer like me who sings only in her room.

@ thread Chike again....... the guy don't have stage charisma. Well I love his hustle.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 6:33am On Jul 23, 2016
swann:

there are artists who have been drawing for twenty years and have no recognition.

I have been writing stories for 16 years, have I published?

There is a difference between writing for your pleasure and writing for the pleasure of others. It's not like I write anything and then run around looking for people to sell the work to, I'm not a famewhore. I know how many people have asked for my stories and offered to buy them, but I don't sell because I refuse to have my work handled by someone who will execute it poorly.

Like I already said, I know what I want to do with my songs and my stories. I know how I plan to blend them together. Age and opportunity haven't allowed me to do what I wish, but i'll do it eventually and you won't be seeing me on a tv screen when I do it.

Nse-Ikpe Etim wasn't on your screens till the ripe old age of 35, i'm sure when she told people she could act at 25, people like you and ashewoboy had nice little jokes to throw at her.

If you don't understand certain concepts, you should not comment on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2016
luvmijeje:

Na project fame thread I deh find weh my leg carry waka pass here.

@swann we have alot of great artist who never made it big....... We all know Nigerians listen more to beatz than to lyrics.

@ashewoboy na wetin na.......... Why are you taking the whole ish personal na. If they don't want to be criticise then they should join singer like me who sings only in her room.

@ thread Chike again....... the guy don't have stage charisma. Well I love his hustle.
are you talking of Project Fame Chike, or The Voice Chike? Cuz those are two totally different people.

I watched his PFame performances couple of days ago and yes, that Chike lacked charisma and confidence and his voice wasn't as good as it is now.

But the Chike on The Voice is a big bowl of confidence and charisma. I can't even count how many times i've watched his Earned It performance.

He's easily the most popular contestant on that show currently, followed closely by Brenda. The difference between them is that Brenda appeals more to the Nigerian audience (because of their love for all things crazy and mediocre) while Chike appeals to a wider range of an international audience.

So, sister, which Chike are we talking about?

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by luvmijeje(f): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
are you talking of Project Fame Chike, or The Voice Chike? Cuz those are two totally different people.

I watched his PFame performances couple of days ago and yes, that Chike lacked charisma and confidence and his voice wasn't as good as it is now.

But the Chike on The Voice is a big bowl of confidence and charisma. I can't even count how many times i've watched his Earned It performance.

He's easily the most popular contestant on that show currently, followed closely by Brenda. The difference between them is that Brenda appeals more to the Nigerian audience (because of their love for all things crazy and mediocre) while Chike appeals to a wider range of an international audience.

So, sister, which Chike are we talking about?

Apologies to all Chike's fans.

Have you ever heard the saying that in the midst of blind men, a one eye man is a king. The people Chike is competing with can't even get to project fame top 16. Don't get me wrong, they are good but not just wow.

If you doubt me, I'll advise you to watch this season project fame top 24 on YouTube.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2016
luvmijeje:

Apologies to all Chike's fans.

Have you ever heard the saying that in the midst of blind men, a one eye man is a king. The people Chike is competing with can't even get to project fame top 16. Don't get me wrong, they are good but not just wow.

If you doubt me, I'll advise you to watch this season project fame top 24 on YouTube.
which top 24?

Is Project Fame not on every Sunday? More people watch The Voice than PFame, The Voice was trending in UK on Sunday, has PFame ever achieved that in 8 seasons? If their talent is so great, more people would be watching and commenting.

I got tired of PFame after Chidinma's season, good performers yes, but the singing is average. The last 3 winners of PFame can't even stand in the same room as the likes of Cornel or Mr Sexual Healing himself, Nonso and you're saying PFame people are better. Where?

E be like say you no dey watch The Voice, that show is what we mean by International Standard of competitions. The kind of fame Chike couldn't get on PFame, he's gotten it here.

The likes of Omotola Jalade, Ezinne Akudo, Yemi Alade, Adekunle Gold, Uti, are the sort of audience The Voice pulls.

Chike has simply improved as any right thinking person should. This is not a matter of weaker competition, but an improved artiste. If you want PFame material on The Voice, look no further than Brenda, na that kain madness Nigerians dey enjoy

3 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by homesteady(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2016
Only people that are not following the voice would compare it to project fame! I love project fame so much also, but the voice beats it hands down, although not a flawless victory, because project fame teaches people how to sing and I don't think the voice does, but what do they need voice coaches for when they all sing like established stars already? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by luvmijeje(f): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
which top 24?

Is Project Fame not on every Sunday? More people watch The Voice than PFame, The Voice was trending in UK on Sunday, has PFame ever achieved that in 8 seasons? If their talent is so great, more people would be watching and commenting.

I got tired of PFame after Chidinma's season, good performers yes, but the singing is average. The last 3 winners of PFame can't even stand in the same room as the likes of Cornel or Mr Sexual Healing himself, Nonso and you're saying PFame people are better. Where?

E be like say you no dey watch The Voice, that show is what we mean by International Standard of competitions. The kind of fame Chike couldn't get on PFame, he's gotten it here.

The likes of Omotola Jalade, Ezinne Akudo, Yemi Alade, Adekunle Gold, Uti, are the sort of audience The Voice pulls.

Chike has simply improved as any right thinking person should. This is not a matter of weaker competition, but an improved artiste. If you want PFame material on The Voice, look no further than Brenda, na that kain madness Nigerians dey enjoy

If it's truly trending how come this thread have not left the 3rd page? Last year project fame thread got to 60 pages. Oh! You said UK...... Obviously Nigerians over there love it more.

What's international there? Are the Judges not Nigerians? Are majority of the singers not project fame rejects?

So you're comparing winners to people that have not won talkless of release one single. Na wa o.

Project fame have had the likes of Asha, Tuface , Tiwa, Onyeka..... too numerous to mention grace their show..... So what's the big deal with with
what all you mention.

I'll keep mute on Chike cos I can see you're passionate about him and I understand how it feels when others are not seeing what you're seeing.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by homesteady(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2016
BTW Chike and Nonso have turned this competition to The erotiic voice grin Nonso's performance on Sunday was so extreme, I'm sure many girls saw him in their dreams that night!

I pray Chike wins upper week Sunday, na us be team Chike since his project fame days.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2016
luvmijeje:

If it's truly trending how come this thread have not left the 3rd page? Last year project fame thread got to 60 pages. Oh! You said UK...... Obviously Nigerians over there love it more.

What's international there? Are the Judges not Nigerians? Are majority of the singers not project fame rejects?

So you're comparing winners to people that have not won talkless of release one single. Na wa o.

Project fame have had the likes of Asha, Tuface , Tiwa, Onyeka..... too numerous to mention grace their show..... So what's the big deal with with
what all you mention.

I'll keep mute on Chike cos I can see you're passionate about him and I understand how it feels when others are not seeing what you're seeing.
when last did PFame have a successful artiste? Nobody since Chidinma. And even the Chidinma is hit and miss these days. Their Season 1 winner and runner up are the most successful alumni in 8 seasons and you think that's class.

PFame is on local stations, if you don't have DSTV with at least 6k subscription, you can't watch The Voice, that will explain it's lack of popularity on NL. Visit YouTube and see the difference in views on the pages of both shows. Chike is pulling 200k+ views on an audition video. The last 3 PFame winners haven't even pulled 200k on a music video without featuring popular artistes. Stats and numbers where it matters boo, not Nairaland. PFame can't pull The Voice's audience, the only interest people have in that show these days are the hilarious audition clips

Levels dey, NPL can never match EPL

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by homesteady(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2016
So this whole stuff is been shot in South Africa? I knew it was just too good to be hosted in Nigeria, the stage, the lighting, the instrumentalists and back up singers! I also observed that The audience were not looking Nigerian!

But it's supposed to be the voice Nigeria right? Well that's why the quality of singers they have are top notch, they must have done a very rigorous audition in Nigeria before taking them to South Africa for the blind audition.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by luvmijeje(f): 9:24am On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
when last did PFame have a successful artiste? Nobody since Chidinma. And even the Chidinma is hit and miss these days. Their Season 1 winner and runner up are the most successful alumni in 8 seasons and you think that's class.

PFame is on local stations, if you don't have DSTV with at least 6k subscription, you can't watch The Voice, that will explain it's lack of popularity on NL. Visit YouTube and see the difference in views on the pages of both shows. Chike is pulling 200k+ views on an audition video. The last 3 PFame winners haven't even pulled 200k on a music video without featuring popular artistes. Stats and numbers where it matters boo, not Nairaland. PFame can't pull The Voice's audience, the only interest people have in that show these days are the hilarious audition clips

Lol......... See pride.

Shebi we can see the like of Iyanya, praise, Chidinma..... Abeg which 1 the voice done release.

Babe when the voice produce 1 successful star, we'll talk better.

Shey you know wizkid, davido psquare etc all make it first at home. They launch their international careers by first becoming successful in their home country. . ..... Na we we go still listen to their music.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2016
homesteady:
BTW [b]Chike and Nonso have turned this competition to The erotiic voice[. /b] grin Nonso's performance on Sunday was so extreme, I'm sure many girls saw him in their dreams that night!

I pray Chike wins upper week Sunday, na us be team Chike since his project fame days.
lol... I swear. The heat is too much to handle.

I've watched Chike's Earned It and Noso's How Does It Feel at least 3 times each everyday this week. Nonso was intense last week, the only thing missing was that he didn't rip that shirt grin

And he sang such an unpopular song and genre with so much passion, you could feel it. Had Yemi Alade asking that he should be given her number.

I'm hoping those DNA boys don't kick him out. Their fanbase is annoying.

The only person that could win Chike is Brenda... but her fanbase and that of Cornel's are a lot alike, so their votes will probably be split. Chike's fanbase is diehard...I love Nonso though and Dewe. Those are my 3 favs forever

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2016
luvmijeje:

Lol......... See pride.

Shebi we can see the like of Iyanya, praise, Chidinma..... Abeg which 1 the voice done release.

Babe when the voice produce 1 successful star, we'll talk better.

Shey you know wizkid, davido psquare etc all make it first at home. They launch their international careers by first becoming successful in their home country. . ..... Na we we go still listen to their music.
this is The Voice Season 1, if after 8 seasons, they produce nothing, you can talk.

But a show with only 3 popular people in 8 seasons, 2 of who are from Season 1, cannot be referred to as World Class.

At least 3 of the contestants on The Voice are good enough for any world class recording company. Any one. And hopefully, they won't end up like Iyanya that allowed the mediocre taste of Nigerians to affect good music.

The winner of this show gets a contract with Sony Music immediately, it took Davido 5 years in the industry to achieve that. I don't think you understand what we mean by "levels".. . Even the prizes on both shows are an entire world apart. People just want the car and cash prize from PFame these days, nobody really cares about the music

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by safarigirl(f): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2016
homesteady:
So this whole stuff is been shot in South Africa? I knew it was just too good to be hosted in Nigeria, the stage, the lighting, the instrumentalists and back up singers! I also observed that The audience were not looking Nigerian!

But it's supposed to be the voice Nigeria right? Well that's why the quality of singers they have are top notch, they must have done a very rigorous audition in Nigeria before taking them to South Africa for the blind audition.
you can tell it's different.

If you don't have a passport, you can't be on this show. That's even the first requirement. You can see by the contestants that a certain crop of people were favoured.

Abeg, lemme goan watch Nonso's performance again, he and Chike give me such joy grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by luvmijeje(f): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
this is The Voice Season 1, if after 8 seasons, they produce nothing, you can talk.

But a show with only 3 popular people in 8 seasons, 2 of who are from Season 1, cannot be referred to as World Class.

At least 3 of the contestants on The Voice are good enough for any world class recording company. Any one. And hopefully, they won't end up like Iyanya that allowed the mediocre taste of Nigerians to affect good music.

The winner of this show gets a contract with Sony Music immediately, it took Davido 5 years in the industry to achieve that. I don't think you understand what we mean by "levels".. . Even the prizes on both shows are an entire world apart. People just want the car and cash prize from PFame these days, nobody really cares about the music

Does having contract with Sony music equate international success? You sha want to forcefully make it seems international. Let's see whether they can sustain it for 3 good years.

Chike's fans in the building! I hail una. Na waka pass I do, so my apologies to all fans of the voice.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:
lol... I swear. The heat is too much to handle.

I've watched Chike's Earned It and Noso's How Does It Feel at least 3 times each everyday this week. Nonso was intense last week, the only thing missing was that he didn't rip that shirt grin

And he sang such an unpopular song and genre with so much passion, you could feel it. Had Yemi Alade asking that he should be given her number.

I'm hoping those DNA boys don't kick him out. Their fanbase is annoying.

The only person that could win Chike is Brenda... but her fanbase and that of Cornel's are a lot alike, so their votes will probably be split. Chike's fanbase is diehard...I love Nonso though and Dewe. Those are my 3 favs forever

about "Mr Sexual Healing, the greatest lover on earth"...he does hold that shirt like he wanna rip it though...*wink*
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 1 (official Thread) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
safarigirl:

Was about to comment on that until I saw this.... so spot on. won't add anything again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Subscribe To Iroko Tv On Your Mobile Phone And Enjoy Data Free Download / BBNaija All Stars: "Mercy Is A Liar And Suffering From Mental Illness" – Doyin / BBNaija All Stars: Princess Evicted From The Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.